Wisconsin's Official CAG Deals, News & Discussion Thread

.JPG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
wisconsincagqm6.png

Got any new information about whats happening in Wisconsin?
Let other CAG's know here!

[quote name='xplocvo']I'll see what I can do.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!! Yeah, I'm just looking for any two games that would be $15 total at BBV that can be traded into Gs for $40 off Reach. If you can do anything like that, I'd really appreciate it!!!!!! And I'll also send you $22!!!

Stopped at the East Washington Madison Blockbuster and the Sun Prairie one, not much to speak of at either location. Only found 1 game that is on Gamestop's $40 off list. They did have Lego Rock Band for XBOX at both locations. East Wash also had the Fallout 3 Pitt / Operation Anchorage add-on for XBOX, $9.99 for each.

[quote name='xplocvo']Stopped at the East Washington Madison Blockbuster and the Sun Prairie one, not much to speak of at either location. Only found 1 game that is on Gamestop's $40 off list. They did have Lego Rock Band for XBOX at both locations. East Wash also had the Fallout 3 Pitt / Operation Anchorage add-on for XBOX, $9.99 for each.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking!!!

not much to report from greenfield/waukesha/west allis blockbusters. Found a few small flips, but nothing major.

Sad about that lost melodys place, I've always wanted to check it out. I might go there tomorrow. I went a few times but they were always closed when I was there.

[quote name='sigmano9']target by the northridge area has about 5 copies of madden 2010 for $15 as of yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Anything else notable at that store? Im not far from there but dont go often seeing I live by the Target on 124th and Capitol and that store is a barren wasteland for clearance...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Anyone check out that game store in Waukesha? I think today was the first day of the going under sale and it was 50% off everything ...[/QUOTE]

I stopped in real quick about an hour after they opened. Wish I hadn't wasted my time. Didn't see anything too interesting there... might be a few hidden gems but nothing I noticed. Place is small and smelly and warm so I didn't want to stay long lol.

They have a bunch of retro games like nes, genesis, etc. and others like Dreamcast, Ps1, and then some new but the selection is pretty small/awful. Most games are priced 9.99 - 19.99. With anything that's remotely interesting (at least to me) being 19.99. Not surprising they're going out of business. I think they had some older systems up front but by that time I didn't care.

Oh, and they do have some random crap/figures like wrestling stuff and digimon crap. Also had a bunch of VHS tapes and some dvds.

[quote name='Kaelestis']I stopped in real quick about an hour after they opened. Wish I hadn't wasted my time. Didn't see anything too interesting there... might be a few hidden gems but nothing I noticed. Place is small and smelly and warm so I didn't want to stay long lol.

They have a bunch of retro games like nes, genesis, etc. and others like Dreamcast, Ps1, and then some new but the selection is pretty small/awful. Most games are priced 9.99 - 19.99. With anything that's remotely interesting (at least to me) being 19.99. Not surprising they're going out of business. I think they had some older systems up front but by that time I didn't care.

Oh, and they do have some random crap/figures like wrestling stuff and digimon crap. Also had a bunch of VHS tapes and some dvds.[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for saving me a trip.. guess you can have a successful store if its modeled after your room in your parents basement.

I wish someone would have saved me a trip. I stopped by thinking maybe they'll have some good old games or old rpgs. Didn't really have either. Of the few they had was FFX GH for 14.99. lol And it look more worn than copies at GS. Might be worth it to go stop by once it hits 70% but yeah...

[quote name='Derrick1979']Anything else notable at that store? Im not far from there but dont go often seeing I live by the Target on 124th and Capitol and that store is a barren wasteland for clearance...[/QUOTE]

they had a few copies of zelda phantom hourglass $24, madden 2010 for the wii, dont remember the price, and dark void for $10, but i dont remember seeing it the last time i was there anymore. though there might have been some under the madden wii, i didnt really check.

also saw resistance 2 at toys r us northridge for $24

[quote name='ryanflucas']Did that store in Waukesha have anything gameboy related? I'm looking mainly for gameboy original and color titles.[/QUOTE]

I would assume by now its cleaned out of anything.. I did see an ad for another Indy Game shop in Oconomowoc on Craigslist. Here is the link, it looks like they may have a nice selection of retro stuff.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/vgm/1945481686.html

Not too much going on in Madison that I've seen of late. The Super Target in Fitchburg has moved their clearance game section again... back to an endcap in the Movies section.

It's funny to see the lack of organization that they have with clearance in most of the locations in Madison. There are some on the shelves in the video game racks, there are some on the shelves below the video game racks, some in the movie and music section.

It's just so much WORK for us. heh.

So I moved to Madison about a year ago and, in that time, have discovered three useful used stores: PrePlayed west, PrePlayed east and Video Game Xchange on Atwood (although things are a little pricey there).

Are there any other similar stores in Madison or surrounding areas?

[quote name='sigmano9']Target in menomonee falls had dj hero (PS3) for $30[/QUOTE]

They also had a handful of Zelda:phantom Hourglass for around $8

[quote name='introvert']So I moved to Madison about a year ago and, in that time, have discovered three useful used stores: PrePlayed west, PrePlayed east and Video Game Xchange on Atwood (although things are a little pricey there).

Are there any other similar stores in Madison or surrounding areas?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any others in the Madison area. There were two other Video Game XChanges in town at one time or another, but they're now down to that one store on Atwood.

Have you seen any decent deals at PrePlayed lately? I've avoided them for a while due to higher prices.

[quote name='psunami']I haven't seen any others in the Madison area. There were two other Video Game XChanges in town at one time or another, but they're now down to that one store on Atwood.

Have you seen any decent deals at PrePlayed lately? I've avoided them for a while due to higher prices.[/QUOTE]

I was there recently and there was nothing to get excited about. They've really gone downhill lately, their prices on blu-rays are horrible.

Saw 2 Bioshock 2 Collector's Editions for the Xbox 360 for $49 on the clearance shelf at the Target in New Berlin this morning. One had a big tear on the outer sleeve, but the other looked okay aside from a bit of shelf wear. I would have picked one up if I didn't already have the game.

Rich

There were two copies of the Xbox 360 version of the Bioshock Collector's Edition at the Fitchburg Target last night for $49.

There was also a copy of it for the PS3 for the same price.

one copy of bioshock 2 special edition PS3 at northridge Target for $18. They also had a copy of Borderlands for the PS3 for i believe $20. they had a 360 version of bioshock 2 se but i snagged that one.

Nabbed the last PS3 Bioshock 2 at the West Madison Target today. It's in pretty good shape considering they had those things banded around them.

Just a heads up, the Best Buy in Racine had all LE/CE penny guides cleared out. The TRU in Racine doesn't have much for clearance games either. Kmart has Persona 3 FES though for $20 if anyone is interested.

Best Buy on west side of Madison had a stack of the pre-order codes for Dance Central (Janet Jackson's "Control") sitting by their Kinect display.

That's funny that you mention the Control songs. They had that box of them sitting out at launch, but I never saw them again.

I also went to the West Madison Target over the weekend and saw that all of their clearance games were gone. It made me wonder if they got cleared out over Black Friday or if they just pulled the section to have things that make them a profit over the weekend.

[quote name='theredworm']Best Buy on west side of Madison had a stack of the pre-order codes for Dance Central (Janet Jackson's "Control") sitting by their Kinect display.[/QUOTE]

Went by eastside and they had a stack sitting by the kinect games

This thread sucks. Need more contributions. Here's some (although nothing great).

This Best Buy has several pennied guides like GoW III, Singularity, Alpha Protocol, Just Cause 2, etc. I grabbed two the other day but was denied. You can try your luck.

This Best Buy has very few pennied guides, but they actually sell them to you. They have 1 GoW III and 1 Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story.

Both Best Buys have FFT:WotL, FF1, and FF2 for PSP for $9.99 each.

Pleasant Prarie Target had lots of Borderlands on clearance for $24.xx and DA:UE for $29.xx.
Racine Target also had DA:UE for $29.xx and had one MX vs ATV Reflex (360) for $4.98. Also had 1 RE5:Gold (360) for $27.xx, 1 Fallout 3 GOTY for $34.xx, a couple Sin and Punishment: SS for $24.xx.
Miller Park way Target has a bunch of Naughty Bear and a few Bayonetta in the clearance section but both rang up at or near full price... but they had one Fallout 3 GOTY (360) for $34.98.

That's all I remember from the weekend. :drool:

This thread used to be a lot more active. I still check it every few days, but I have a desk job now and don't hit nearly as many stores as I used to.

the problem with this thread is for awhile now the deals in wisconsin have been spread pretty thin and unless were quick they get snatched up quick by hoarders..

Target on 124th and Capitol has been pretty productive with clearance and had some decent stuff , the only problem is with this store if you see something at a decent price just buy it because the clearance gets picked clean fast.

Yeah, I guess so. Sucks that there aren't more deals or they get cleaned out too fast. I guess the Milwaukee/Madison/SE area just has too many people. I liked finding deals in the NW and NE parts of the state. Less traffic through stores.

The Targets I usually visit have said the same thing as you Derrick. Bunch of people pick clearance clean before they even drop really low. I'll try to keep posting though. Maybe it'll help someone or save them a trip. I like driving anyway and I'm usually all over so might as well.

You guys think it's bad being where you are??

How about in Juda?? (By Brodhead and Monroe)

Hell, that's probably pretty close to speaking a foreign language. The closest thing is a shitty super Wal-Mart that never has ANY deals, and to get a chance at Target stuff is at least a half-hour drive. Trust me, there's definitely worse places to deal hunt.

Wow, one of the few places I haven't been in WI, the southwest (south of Madison/west of Beloit)! But that doesn't sound too bad. I live in a rural area myself and it's at least a half hour drive to the nearest Target/GS/etc. The nice thing though is that I could drive a little over a half hour north, south, east, or west and run into a Target/Kmart/Walmart/BB/etc. :D

Oh! I almost forgot, this Best Buy had a bunch of Mass Effect 2 CE's for PC for 30% off. They had some other junk on clearance too but that was the only thing that caught my eye.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaelestis']Wow, one of the few places I haven't been in WI, the southwest (south of Madison/west of Beloit)! But that doesn't sound too bad. I live in a rural area myself and it's at least a half hour drive to the nearest Target/GS/etc. The nice thing though is that I could drive a little over a half hour north, south, east, or west and run into a Target/Kmart/Walmart/BB/etc. :D

Oh! I almost forgot, this Best Buy had a bunch of Mass Effect 2 CE's for PC for 30% off. They had some other junk on clearance too but that was the only thing that caught my eye.[/QUOTE]

We have it about the same, I guess :lol:

You at least get a few locations to choose from, though;)

^^^ but with all these snow we just got, its kinda hard to hop from store to store trying to look for some cheap ass games.

I can do more searching and will be able to post more deals during spring/summer when I can make use of my motorcycle. I plan on riding and paying a visit to every major city in Wisconsin next year (new years resolution). if anyone else has a motorcycle and wants to ride along side for a bit when I reach their city or town, let me know.

[quote name='shinryu333']^^^ but with all these snow we just got, its kinda hard to hop from store to store trying to look for some cheap ass games.

I can do more searching and will be able to post more deals during spring/summer when I can make use of my motorcycle. I plan on riding and paying a visit to every major city in Wisconsin next year (new years resolution). if anyone else has a motorcycle and wants to ride along side for a bit when I reach their city or town, let me know.[/QUOTE]

LOL all the snow haha im from the Milwaukee area and we got like 2 inches but yeah other parts got nailed..

my city streets are still covered with snow everywhere (can't even see pavement at all) and this is 4 days after our snow storm. I still see cars in the ditch everyday I leave and come back from work (20 miles). at least the highway is clear now...I can finally reach 65/70 mph! maybe I should sent a complaint to the city for doing a crappy job plowing

[quote name='shinryu333']^^^ but with all these snow we just got, its kinda hard to hop from store to store trying to look for some cheap ass games.

I can do more searching and will be able to post more deals during spring/summer when I can make use of my motorcycle. I plan on riding and paying a visit to every major city in Wisconsin next year (new years resolution). if anyone else has a motorcycle and wants to ride along side for a bit when I reach their city or town, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Your resolution sounds pretty awesome. Don't own a motorcycle but I have traveled (in a car) to every major city unless you consider the likes of Superior/Platteville major cities. It's fun to travel that much and there are some really nice scenic areas of WI. Hope you manage to hit them all.

The roads do suck right now even though we didn't get hit too bad here. I think they just did a really shitty job of plowing/salting. Seems like they only ever hit the highways halfway decently and say fuck the county/side roads.

Anyway, stopped by Burlington BBV today. There was a decent selection. They had one No More Heroes 1 and 2 (wii) for $9.99, lots of Bioshock 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, and a few PS2 games (mostly crap besides Dirge of Cerebus 6.99). Didn't really have any DS titles.

Some other titles they had for 360 were Aliens vs Predator, Kane and Lynch 2, Avatar, Where the Wild things are, Crackdown 2, and Dantes Inferno.

Some other Wii titles were NBA2k10, Naruto Clash of Ninja, NFS Pro Street and junk.

And some of the Ps3 titles were much of the same for 360, also had one Resistance: FoM.

-----
12/15 Edit - Racine Target was nearly cleared out... only a few PC games and crap games. Can't believe pretty much everything decent was gone. Kenosha one had Borderlands for 20.98, NHL10 for 17.xx, Alpha Protocol for 20.xx, DA:UE same price as last time, and Cabela's Big Game Hunters for 7.48. Had a few other things but nothing notable imo.

Kenosha Blockbuster is pretty nice. They have the best selection I've seen for the BOGO. MLB2k10 (360), Dante's Inferno (360), Army of Two: 40th day (360), Splinter Cell Conviction (360), Bioshock 2, Bayonetta (PS3), Crackdown 2, and some others. Still no DS games though. The Racine and Caledonia BBVs had a much lesser selection but they each had some MLB2k10 in case anyone locked those in at Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='klwillis45']The disc drive in my Wii recently took a dump & mangled 2 of my discs.

Any recs for disc repair in the Milwaukee area?[/QUOTE]

there is a video rental store on 76th and good hope in the parking lot of the former blockbuster/hoffer's pet strip mall (now private school) that does disc repairs (it been there since i remember moving to the area in '89 when i was 7). i think it cost aboot $3 a disc, i'm not a 100% sure though as that was a few years ago when my 360 would scuff up my disc. it did a great job, the games looked brand new and played like new as well. i believe it is a 15min process per disc so keep that in mind. in the meantime you could visit the mega media exchange around the corner :) speaking of MME i they might do it too.

bread's done
Back