Woot (and other) video game shirts

lilman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
-Purpose of Thread-
This thread will be used for posting limited-time availability custom video game inspired shirts (that was a mouthful). There are a lot of websites that sell video game inspired tshirts, but this thread will only be used to alert CAGs to shirts that are available for a limited time and/or at a special price.

Please post a link to whatever video game shirt you come across and include the game that inspired it (like "Mario"), the price if it isn't indicated in the website description below, and if possible a pic of the shirt (use spoiler for the pic to speed up page loading time).

Visit teemagnet.com for tracking the shirt of the day across multiple websites.

-----------------------
-Websites Info-

shirt.woot.com
Cost: $12 (shirt of the day) or $15-18 (after that day). This includes shipping and there is no tax (unless you live in TX).
Availability: Cheaper the day it comes out but is only available in a limited quantity on the first day. Shirt remains available at $15 for as many weeks as it is popular. Afterwards it goes into the catalog for $18.

teefury.com
Cost: $10 + $2 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day. Sale begins at 12am EST and lasts for 24hrs or until stock runs out.

riptapparel.com
Cost: $10 + $2.95 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

theyetee.com
Cost: $11 + $3.85 shipping.
Availability: Only for a day, but I don't think there is a stock limit.

6dollarshirts.com
Cost: $6. This includes shipping.
Availability: Shirt remains available after being shirt of the day, but shipping is no longer free.

onceuponatee.net
Cost: $12 + $3.69 shipping.
Availability: Collections are available for a week. They also have a limited inventory of older prints available in their vault.

If you want to include other websites here, pm me the website link, a description, and the standard price(s) so I can add it to this post.

-----------------------
-Sizing Info-

Some people like to get shirts from online stores one size larger than the shirts they normally buy (like if you usually wear medium, buy large) since they can shrink a bit after the first wash. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a general rule as sites seem to change shirt brands at any time.

Always look at the site's sizing chart before making a purchase. It may even give you a hint if you should buy one size larger than normal. If in doubt, I go one size bigger and shrink as necessary. Imho a slightly bigger shirt looks better than wearing a slightly small one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deserter Goose']I managed to use one of the six free codes that they randomly post during the day. Checked literally right after I finished playing TF2 and one was posted at that time.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Like he said, throughout the day 6DollarShirts will post 6 codes on their daily 'tee time' shirt (on the tee time page) and whoever enters the code first gets the shirt 100% free!

So, every time you see a 6DollarShirts daily special posted you like but are too much of a cheapass to pay $6, well, you can just load up the page and refresh like mad hoping to get lucky and possibly grab it for free, lol.

Only new gaming tee I see for today is this one from ShirtPunch:
Sept-26-DeadLink-MensMain1_348.jpg

You know the drill. Tees start at $10, tee shipping is about $2.75, also sales hoodies, other shirts styles, magnet, posters, stickers, and more. Shipping is from Canada so it might take a few weeks to receive your order.

In for today's Yetee shirt. I'm sure it'll get some weird looks from people that are oblivious who Carl Sagan is.

EDIT: And I usually order a Large. For whatever reason, their mediums seem a little tight fitting around the shoulders (same with shirtpunch)

[quote name='Byakurai']In for today's Yetee shirt. I'm sure it'll get some weird looks from people that are oblivious who Carl Sagan is.

EDIT: And I usually order a Large. For whatever reason, their mediums seem a little tight fitting around the shoulders (same with shirtpunch)[/QUOTE]
Just checked, same dimensions as Tee Fury and it's preshrunk. So I went with large which I normally buy.

I was eyeing the shirt on Woot because it's fucking science but I think I have enough shirts for now after this one.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']
I was eyeing the shirt on Woot because it's fucking science but I think I have enough shirts for now after this one.[/QUOTE]

It would be better without that retarded "Consider yourself warned" line.

Today's woot:
a066336c-8df4-47ac-a685-a232b9197dfc.png

Tees are $12 with FREE shipping! After today it may go in the 'reckoning' for a while and be available for $15 with FREE shipping.

DOUBLE WOOT - Here's a Hoodie:
6167c37d-eafd-4652-94d9-6c024edf5938.png

This hoodie is $25 with FREE shipping. Available until the 8th or until sold out. (Sometimes with these side deals they don't ship until the last day of sells so that might be something to consider if you are expecting to get it quick.)

And here's a cool one from ShirtPunch:
Oct-4-FireBase_SP2WomensMainMockup1_274.jpg

Shirts start at $10 and go up. Different style shirts available along with hoodies, magnets, stickers, and more. Shipping is extra but relatively low. Ships from Canada so there may be a small wait.

I'm hereby updating my review of 6dollarshirts.com.

Earlier this week, I received the 10 shirts that I ordered as part of their 10 for $50 (after shipping, 10 for $66) deal. The shirts arrived much sooner this time, perhaps because I was paying for shipping instead of using their free shipping that they offer only on their featured shirt of the day. The shirts are also very comfortable, more so than the first shirt I ordered from them (which provided only an average level of comfort-- not bad, but not good).

In short: great shirts at a hell of a deal.

[quote name='Shark01']Today's woot:
a066336c-8df4-47ac-a685-a232b9197dfc.png

Tees are $12 with FREE shipping! After today it may go in the 'reckoning' for a while and be available for $15 with FREE shipping.

[/QUOTE]

As much as I like it, I never buy holiday related shirts, you have basically a 1 month window every year where its acceptable to wear.

[quote name='Link927']As much as I like it, I never buy holiday related shirts, you have basically a 1 month window every year where its acceptable to wear.[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. Who says it's acceptable? You? Society?

I don't think anyone has posted this one from Qwertee yet, right?

productimage-picture-how-to-catch-your-dragon-13494_800x_.png

Too expensive for my blood with inter-continental shipping, but there it is if you want it.

Why do t-shirt designers feel the need to mash two things together? Just draw a cool picture of Link. Optimus Prime has nothing to do with Zelda. The most successful designs are the ones that take something small from a game (so only people who have played it will "get it") and make it the focal point.

[quote name='Javery']Why do t-shirt designers feel the need to mash two things together? Just draw a cool picture of Link. Optimus Prime has nothing to do with Zelda. The most successful designs are the ones that take something small from a game (so only people who have played it will "get it") and make it the focal point.[/QUOTE]

Um, you're the lawyer here, but aren't mash-ups/parodies covered under the first amendment, while the latter idea is not?

[quote name='Javery']Why do t-shirt designers feel the need to mash two things together? Just draw a cool picture of Link. Optimus Prime has nothing to do with Zelda. The most successful designs are the ones that take something small from a game (so only people who have played it will "get it") and make it the focal point.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to a friend of mine. I showed him shirt and he literally flipped shit, he's a HUGE Transformers and Zelda fan. I bought him the Optimum Prime and Samus shirt a few months back as well.

[quote name='elessar123']Um, you're the lawyer here, but aren't mash-ups/parodies covered under the first amendment, while the latter idea is not?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a grey area. Probably none of this is protected speech because of the commerce aspect. I mean, I can't just put a cape on Spider-man and start merchandising. A one-off t-shirt isn't going to get the content owners' attention though which is why I think these t-shirt sites can survive. I honestly don't know though.

[quote name='Javery']It's definitely a grey area. Probably none of this is protected speech because of the commerce aspect. I mean, I can't just put a cape on Spider-man and start merchandising. A one-off t-shirt isn't going to get the content owners' attention though which is why I think these t-shirt sites can survive. I honestly don't know though.[/QUOTE]

Family Guy and South Park depict things all the time as parodies, and I'm pretty sure they're both commercial. But you know more about law than me, and you don't even know. I'd ask a patent lawyer, but I don't really want to bother him about something this trivial =P And obviously, IANAL.

The majority (if not the entirety) of these shirt designs are protected as fair use:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Anything that's not an original work isn't covered, of course, so you can't simply slap a picture of Mario onto a shirt. Obviously there are going to be some gray areas and greedy companies who don't believe in fair use, but I rarely see the issue come up in regards to t-shirts, even when they do infringe on a company's rights.

[quote name='ZombieToast']The majority (if not the entirety) of these shirt designs are protected as fair use:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Anything that's not an original work isn't covered, of course, so you can't simply slap a picture of Mario onto a shirt. Obviously there are going to be some gray areas and greedy companies who don't believe in fair use, but I rarely see the issue come up in regards to t-shirts, even when they do infringe on a company's rights.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm not sure these shirts pass the test for fair use. It fails #1 and you can easily assert a position that it fails the other 3.

Sometimes mashups work, and other times they just look tacky. As both a Link and Optimus Prime fan, I hate the design.

Well I am guessing this is an Oregon Trail mashup of some sort? If anyone knows that the other half of this 'mashup' is please tell me, I'm curious. Maybe it's nothing. =\

On Ript:
the-trail-so-far-detail_cached_thumb_-928107ac47da4bc345a3edd84ac43cf3.jpg

Tees start at $10, and they make several other things if you want the design on something other than a tee (hoodies, phone cases, etc).

[quote name='Shark01']Well I am guessing this is an Oregon Trail mashup of some sort? If anyone knows that the other half of this 'mashup' is please tell me, I'm curious. Maybe it's nothing. =\

On
Tees start at $10, and they make several other things if you want the design on something other than a tee (hoodies, phone cases, etc).[/QUOTE]

It's Supernatural. But yeah, pretty obscure reference.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']It's Supernatural. But yeah, pretty obscure reference.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't it have made more sense if it said sam lost his soul?

Thank you for the clarification. I have never watched Supernatural (obviously).

Just saw this is up today on ShirtPunch:
Oct-11-NPA_SP2MensMainMockup1_0f3.jpg

I think this is a pretty awesome shirt if you are into all the Pokemon. I'm never really got back into Pokemon after the first gen myself (and this shirt seems to be *mostly* first gen).

Tees start at $10. Also sells other things like posters, hoodies, etc. Ships from Canada (~$2.75 shipping to USA for a Tee).

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Im not a huge Pokemon fan, so Im going to pass, but thank god its not another ham-fisted mashup.[/QUOTE]

Um it's a mashup of Pokemon and the NBA.

[quote name='GUNNM']Wouldn't it have made more sense if it said sam lost his soul?[/QUOTE]

In season 2 I believe the brothers find this lucky rabbits foot but when you lose the rabbits foot you get bad luck, Sam lost the rabbits foot and he was on the side of the road with Dean and all of a sudden he's like "I lost my shoe"

bread's done
Back