Worst B&M Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
gamestop, twice this year I gave them a preorder and BOTH times I went to pick them up the day they came out and they already sold my copy. claiming "we didnt get enough in"

true or not, they suck

BEST BUY
I have to drive 25 mins to get to a game store near me. The two choices are Walmart and Gamestop. I drive 40 mins to get to Best Buy and Target. While they all suck as game retailers. Best Buy has consistently let me down over and over. I'm not just talking game sales and deals. I despise Best Buy with so much passion!!!

[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']Best Buy, I've gotten some great online deals from them, but I've NEVER found a deal in-store.[/QUOTE]They pm BB.com so BB.com is BB in-store same thing. Plus, their best deals via coupons can only be gotten in-store.

my vote goes to Walmart since I've easily pm'd Gamestop10+ times last yr. Even getting a pm @ Walmart was the pits. Manager kept asking for the ad even though the sign right next to him says "you don't need to bring the ad" even their commercial said it.

Gamestop......I can't remember the last good deal I found there. In fact I believe I bought nothing in 2012 from GS!

Game Stop. Since their new game deals generally aren't competitive (at least for 360). The rewards program is pure mystery to me ........lots of point tracking & accumulation going on to work up to a crappy key fob or some other flea market trinket.

I think gamestop with the price matching trend they are falling behind in that, also your trade in value seems to be worthless almost. The only thing I like is I can find a random old game there BUT half the time I get them the disc are scratched or they dont give me the disc (happens about once a year, though I only go about 4-5 times a year).
I would say WalMart but they arent huge in games it would be like complaining about the game prices at Kohls......$29.99 for an old legos game no thank you sir!

[quote name='bardockkun']Gamestop. No deals to be found.[/QUOTE]

75% off GameCube games was good. Granted, you needed to find a store that actually had some. Luckily I live in Brooklyn and they have like 10 over here. :mrgreen:

I get the people that are saying Walmart, they don't have a ton of game deals (although their Black Friday was more than solid), but they aren't really primarily a game retailer, so I don't mind. They are just sort of neutral in my mind.

On the other hand, games is all Gamestop does, and I think they do a pretty terrible job at it. Their "new" (for some value of 'new') game prices are pretty terrible - which is almost primarily what I buy, I like my games to be in good condition - and on top of that, I actively dread going in the store. I don't want to be bothered about pre-orders, rewards points, etc. Their business model just bums me out, I guess.

So what I'm trying to say is I nominate Gamestop =)

Was about to say WalMart, but they had a good black friday sale. The real loser is Meijer - you will never, ever find a video game clearance or a good sale there.

Sears because they pretty much killed their gaming section, which used to be good for clearance items.

I have always voted Gamestop in this category but I think Wal-Mart gets the nod this year. Like others have said, there is no reason to shop there outside of Black Friday. At least Gamestop started running sales here and there and they're my go-to place for niche RPGs. Kmart fell hard but at least they started offering gaming coupons again albeit inconsistently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with hhgregg. They are atrocious. Forget about a sale, damn near everything in their extremely small game section is $3-$5 above MSRP. There is no worse game retailer. They are a joke. hhgregg for worst of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop

Only Gamestop opens up a new game (that was in the drawer, not on the normal display shelf, and was a special edition with the game inside a game case, inside a cardboard box), just to put a sticker on a shrink wrapped game case.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Gamestop

Only Gamestop opens up a new game (that was in the drawer, not on the normal display shelf, and was a special edition with the game inside a game case, inside a cardboard box), just to put a sticker on a shrink wrapped game case.[/QUOTE]

So Gamestop is both the best AND worst retailer to you or am I missing something? :D

Gamestop is nowhere near perfect but people really blow it out of proportion. In terms of sales on stuff they tend to do a lot better then some stores. Honestly Walmart doesn't do much for me. Never any good sales. Only really shop there because its the local store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back