Worst B&M Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wal-mart. I don't think I've bought a game there. Ironically, it's where I purchased my ps3, but their selection of software along with promotions is thin. Don't get me started on their "clearance".

I guess Walmart, some games are a ripoff like COD BO, I think they still want $50 or so but you get the 1st DLC and they still want $50 for Star Wars The Force Unleashed limited edition for $50. But walmart did have a deal, $40 for AC3!

Wal-Mart. If you shop there for electronics, I wouldn't bother retaking that GED test with your son.

You guys must have sucky walmarts, mines all fancy upscale no hillbillys, etc... (in higher price tier area).

For me, I have to say Gamestop....from shopping and selling standpoint my store has decided to not re-package any games that didnt have their covers, this leads to issues like when someone asks if we have a game 1/4 of our stock is just in yellow sleeves and a pain to find due to us being a mall location people always mess up the order. when talking to another smaller gs store the manager their said they weren't supposed to do that. When I brought it up to our manager saying we would hardly move those uncased games and that we needed to box them and had plenty of shelf space to put them behind the cased games of the same title, I got fired.

I would also like to note some of these titles that got yellow sleeved had their booklets or art sleeve, sometimes a heavily damaged jacket. But those got thrown away.

To say the least, it will vary store to store. the closer store was horrified about what I told them saying even if they had no space it would be kept in backroom completely cased, got offered a position but declined ;;

Thus me nominating gamestop.

Is there really any choice OTHER than Gamestop? Ya, walmart sucks too, but they at least eventually clearance out a lot of their games, and at least they price match. They also dont sell used games as 'new'

No contest, screw gamestop

[quote name='Tsundere']

For me, I have to say Gamestop....from shopping and selling standpoint my store has decided to not re-package any games that didnt have their covers, this leads to issues like when someone asks if we have a game 1/4 of our stock is just in yellow sleeves and a pain to find due to us being a mall location people always mess up the order. when talking to another smaller gs store the manager their said they weren't supposed to do that. When I brought it up to our manager saying we would hardly move those uncased games and that we needed to box them and had plenty of shelf space to put them behind the cased games of the same title, I got fired.

I would also like to note some of these titles that got yellow sleeved had their booklets or art sleeve, sometimes a heavily damaged jacket. But those got thrown away.

To say the least, it will vary store to store. the closer store was horrified about what I told them saying even if they had no space it would be kept in backroom completely cased, got offered a position but declined ;;

Thus me nominating gamestop.[/QUOTE]

LOL whoa.. classic gamestop. I really am confused about how they deal with games with cases/manuals. Do people really consider a scratched to shit disk in a yellow sleeve the same as a mint copy with the case and manual all in tact? Supposedly GS's research says that yup, people view them exactly the same.

[quote name='dodgeme']Gamestop is nowhere near perfect but people really blow it out of proportion. In terms of sales on stuff they tend to do a lot better then some stores. Honestly Walmart doesn't do much for me. Never any good sales. Only really shop there because its the local store.[/QUOTE]

what the hell are you talking about? GS's sales do a lot better than some stores? ... what store, home depot?? GS's 'weekly ads' are a regular subject of ridicule around here. They almost never put anything on sale, and they dont PM anything. Theyre shit

Walmart because I never buy games there, ever - they're always full price or barely discounted and everything is locked up behind glass because everyone who shops Walmart is apparently a criminal. Gamestop may do some lame things (gutting, pre-order nagging, etc.) but at least I've picked up a substantial amount of cheap unopened collector's editions on clearance there in the last year. I don't have a K-Mart near me anymore so can't say one way or the other there.

Wal-Mart ther is NEVER Sales. EVER! At least Gamestop has some B2G1 or low 9.99 games once in awhile. And I didn't even know K-mart still existed XD

Wal-Mart

Rarely do they have any worth while sales, mark downs are typically insanely late, their selection has gotten worse compared to previous years, and rarely do the employees ever know what you're talking about if you ask if they have a certain game. Terrible retailer.

I hate to say it but anyone who puts Gamestop just isn't thinking.

Gamestop has its problems but they also have amazing deals from time to time (The God of War Complete Collection for $20) and carry both new and old games from the current and previous generation. They also have pretty good prices on older games, even versus Amazon once you include taxes. Maybe not the best ever but I feel like they've attempted to improve over the past couple of years.

Wal-Mart though. Wal-Mart has one set of video game deals per year it seems like and that's Black Friday. While these deals are typically very good, you have to fight people to go pick them up and Amazon usually can match the same price.

I personally don't have a Kmart but I see Kmart deals posted frequently.

It is obviously walmart but its no fun voting for them. GS has crazy practices (used=new to them) but they at least from time to time put out some decent sales...

What I don't get about Wal-Mart is that they're so big on low prices... yet they never have deals on used games. I mean, they still have Halo Reach limited edition for full MSRP.

I've found waaaaay more at GameStop than Walmart. Walmart has very, very few deals. At least GameStop sticks to market price. People need to chill with the GameStop hate.

Note: I don't hate Walmart, either, I just hate it for gaming-related purchases.

I am going to have to go with Walmart as I rarely buy games there. Though Gamestop is understandable as they practically have no (good) promotional sales.

Walmart. They never have games at a reasonable price.

I'm not a fan of Gamestop, but I will say that they atleast mark down the prices of their games along with most other retailers. Sometimes, rarely, being the cheapest retailer.

Plus the rewards points you get for each purchase.

I had a really annoying in-store pickup at a local Wal-Mart. I had to wait over 15 minutes for someone to help me. So Wal-Mart...you've got my vote!

While I loathe the way they treat games, I got some incredible deals at Gamestop this year especially since I bought a used Wii and loaded up on games for cheeeap. My vote went to Wal-mart.

This one is personal for me. I've been interested in at least 2 separate K-mart deals, advertised in their circular no less, and they never bothered to get a single copy of the game in stock. One was Deus Ex, I don't remember the others.

Gamestop has had at least 4 nice deals this year, at least two of which I was able to do an online pickup and they had it waiting for me (Red Faction:Armageddon & Qubed).

As for Wal-mart: I think the last game I bought there was Phoenix Wright: Justice for All...that was in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back