Worst B&M Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheNumberOneShmuck']I have nothing against Walmart generally, but they really are pretty worthless for gaming as long as you have basically any alternative.[/QUOTE]

This is why I voted for Wal-Mart, the other two may have there drawbacks but at least they try. Wal-Mart has had way to few deals to even consider them, I've gotten lucky with clearance but that is few and far between.

K-Mart.... With their "take off an additional 70% on clearance games" that the employees never know about and the system are never updated with deals. They also have 6 year old games that still cost $59.99. Only good thing about this place is their BOGO 50% off which happens once in a blue moon.

I think it should be Target as clearance sucks now and they didn't have any good deals until these last few weeks. Walmart is automatically safe for Black Friday but that's it.

I guess I have to choose KMart even though I did get a good deal on Halo CE HD but after Josh left they went back to being irrelevant.

Gamestop hands down. Walmart might have NBA Court-side for $49.96:p, but only idiots buy full retail months after launch. Walmart has online/site to store deals, in-store deals (though occasionally YMMV) and price match. GS has cheap prices on old ass piece of shit titles most gamers own or don't want. GS is a gaming virus. We here on this site can talk about GS deals, but average consumer gets screwed by GS.

Is voting closed already, or am I too new to vote? Obviously the poll says I can't vote on it, so I was curious...

Wal-Mart. EVERY time I try to find a game that's not Halo or Call of Duty, they have NO CLUE what I'm talking about. It really irritates me! You can totally forget any Nintendo midnight releases. Wal-Mart employees live under rocks.

GameStop.
Always GameStop.
Only $5 off new prices, sometimes used prices much higher than new prices...and those goddamn sticky stickers.
Hate that store.

Gamestop. I dislike their hamfisted efforts to get me to pre-order a game and I hate that they get all the damn pre-order exclusives.

As bad as Gamestop is, they save themselves in this category (not online, though) by having the occasional B2G1 deals. Having said that, I avoid them the rest of the time.

My vote goes to Walmart. Buying video games there is like buying the day-old hot dogs at a convenience store...for full price. Really no point unless you have no other option. Even Black Friday is less of a reason for going, given the online deals available at the same or better prices.

[quote name='WhiteFlash420']Wal-Mart. Won't even price match their own website.[/QUOTE]

Not that I disagree with you that walmart is the worst, but to be fair, Kmart and Gamestop don't price match their website either.

GameStop, it's awful if you don't preorder something then they won't ever get any copies of it in, (largely niche games) but just wow. Rotating staff every week too doesn't help your rep either.

Walmart hands down, I will NEVER preorder a game or try to pricematch/ad match from walmart ever, I'm not a masochist... *hiss*.
Just gotta say gamestop get's alot of flak, opened games as new, their stickers, huge profit margin's etc, gutting games. But hey, theres another side, their TiV's have actually been getting alot better with lot's of promo's, the occasional B2G1, 75% off GC games, the fact bestbuy gave crazy deals to compete. Heck, atleast their preorder system isn't broken like bestbuy's. I'd rather the evil I know than have... walmart...

Gamestop. I can't buy a new game there unless I preorder, because they open all of their "new" games and sell used ones at new prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back