Wreck it Ralph Pre-Order Deals

[quote name='ryuzx']Just double-checking if anyone had any trouble at Best Buy getting the coupon to work on the non-3D combo pack?[/QUOTE]
Can't help you with BB, but I can confirm Target took it with a simple scan so it does work. If you happen to have a Target nearby your BB and they reject it because they're idiots, just head over to the red dot for a smooth transaction.

[quote name='WV Matsui']TRU wouldn't let me use the 20% and the 7. The system wouldn't allow and the manager wasn't having it either. May be YMMV but beware.[/QUOTE]That's ridiculous. It's a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same transaction, which they allow.

I think said manager just didn't want it to go through.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's ridiculous. It's a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same transaction, which they allow.

I think said manager just didn't want it to go through.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I was pissed and explained it to him but he wasn't having it. Oh well. I still got it for $13.xx.

[quote name='shrike4242']That's ridiculous. It's a store coupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same transaction, which they allow.

If Ralph is on sale then the 20% off coupon shouldn't/won't work. It says right on the front "Regular Priced Item" so not much argument there. That said like you pointed out if it is not on sale then 20% is the same as the prices anywhere else so a PM would probably be easier.

The 20% coupon is for regular price items. All versions of the movie are on sale which makes the tru coupon not valid for the movie.

[quote name='ryuzx']Just double-checking if anyone had any trouble at Best Buy getting the coupon to work on the non-3D combo pack?[/QUOTE]

I had the opposite problem. They refused to take it on the 3D combo pack since the coupon did not say 3D on it. I even pointed out that the picture on the coupon was the 3D version, but they were not budging. So I just left and went next door to Target instead and they scanned it no problem.

[quote name='mkc848']I had the opposite problem. They refused to take it on the 3D combo pack since the coupon did not say 3D on it. I even pointed out that the picture on the coupon was the 3D version, but they were not budging. So I just left and went next door to Target instead and they scanned it no problem.[/QUOTE]Also @Jadou, they took it without question, but their computer refused to acknowledge it. The guy just forced it through the computer at Best Buy.

I'm glad to know Target corporate is no-nonsense with customer service though. I did have one nearby, but I wanted to use some reward certificates. Best Buy corporate needs to up its game. Same for Toys R Us, from the other comments here.

Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

My Best Buy took my coupon for the 3D bundle with no problems. Can't wait to rewatch this movie tonight.

Mine had no problems either.

Also, does anyone else find the regular 2D BR cover to be superior to the 3D cover? While I dislike 3D, I will admit that they usually have better covers than the normal versions, but WIR's 3D cover is just very boring.

Managed to get the regular Blu-ray combo pack for a little under $12 after coupon + employee discount + REDcard discount. Thanks for posting the info about that manufacturer's coupon - I wouldn't have bought it for a long time otherwise.

I didn't have any problems using the coupon on the 3D edition at Best Buy, even though the cashier had to get the manager to void the original transaction because she didn't redeem my RZ certs before entering the coupon amount (she didn't scan it), even though I told her I had them to use. Paid $6.87 for it.

My printer broke and it won't let me print my $7 off coupon from Scott. I emailed Disney after it said I had redeemed it too many times and they said they would have to mail it and it would expire before it got here. Any ideas on how to work around it?

[quote name='DNukem170']Mine had no problems either.

Also, does anyone else find the regular 2D BR cover to be superior to the 3D cover? While I dislike 3D, I will admit that they usually have better covers than the normal versions, but WIR's 3D cover is just very boring.[/QUOTE]

I agree. At first when I opened my package, I thought I was sent the 3D version because of the cover. lol

[quote name='FadeToDark']My printer broke and it won't let me print my $7 off coupon from Scott. I emailed Disney after it said I had redeemed it too many times and they said they would have to mail it and it would expire before it got here. Any ideas on how to work around it?[/QUOTE]

couldnt you just create a new account just to sign in and print the coupon?

[quote name='district_9000']couldnt you just create a new account just to sign in and print the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I tried, I assume it denotes it by iP address. It wouldn't work

[quote name='Mako1215']Target still the best place?[/QUOTE]

yup best deal for 2d version $19.99 - $7 coup = 12.99 , picked mine up today no problem

I went to best buy, they were sold out of the 3d version but had tons of the 2d version. I'll have to check back tomorrow, or try a different store.

I was able to price match Target's price on the 2 disc set at Best Buy. Had $10 in Reward Zone certificates and the $7 coupon, so it wound up costing me less than 4 bucks.

[quote name='DNukem170']does anyone else find the regular 2D BR cover to be superior to the 3D cover? While I dislike 3D, I will admit that they usually have better covers than the normal versions, but WIR's 3D cover is just very boring.[/QUOTE]

Agreed and I'll take it one step further: They've been boring the crap out of me with their disc design lately. Plain blue with text for BD and silver for DVD. I want artwork on my discs, not these chincy flea market bootleg quality pressings. Last time I remember them doing anything at all was with Tron where they made each disc a different color identity disc.

My experience at Toys R Us:

It did not work with the 20% TRU coupon and $7.00 off coupon as expected. The cashier at customer service was very cool about it though, even trying to get the register to accept the transaction (even after getting turned down by the manager before). It was worth a shot. I should point out that the WIR 3-D Blu-Ray combo back at TRU was on sale at $29.99 rather than $34.95. They had a very nice display case for it. Looks like I'll be saving that 20% off TRU coupon for another item.

Walked across the street to Best Buy with the $7.00 coupon and $5 RZ certificate and there was a slight problem with the transaction with a cashier who admitted she was on two hours of sleep. She scanned in the $7 manufacturer coupon first, which then would not allow the register to accept the $5 RZ coupon. She then had to have a manager come out and void the entire transaction, scan the $5 RZ coupon and the $7 manufacturer in that order for it to work. Walked out of Best Buy with the WIR 3D Blu-Ray for $17.14 after taxes.

Now, do I really want to push it and go for a Shady Brook Farms rebate? :roll:

thanks for the heads up on the coupon, I tend to forgot about them. went to best buy. I combined it with the $10 I had in rewards certs, plus that bonus $5 they sent out. walked out with the 2 disc for 1.47. stoked.

I'm glad that this thread has been successful. Sadly, my printer is on the fritz as well, so i already purchased the Blu-ray for 28 bucks. Gonna sell the DVD hoping to recover some money back, but i'll eat it anyways if it doesn't. I can't win them all. I got lucky back when Tron Legacy came out and i sold the DVD and manage to get 20.00 out of it, which in turn i got the original tron blu-ray for free. Maybe i'll get lucky with Wreck It Ralph but, eh, we'll see.

BTW I never seen the movie. I saw the poster at the movie theaters when i saw The Expendables 2, thought it was some weird NES game i never heard of. But after hearing about it, i regret not seeing it in theaters but now that i have the blu-ray, i'll get over it :). The slipcover that comes with these 3D Sets like The Avengers and Tron are always cool, and Wreck It Ralph is no exception.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Best Buy and got the 2 disc set. I had them price match Amazon.com for $19.99 (21.35 with sales tax). I used the $7 off coupon a user posted a page or so back which made it $12.99 ($14.35 with tax). Then I had a $10 off rewardzone coupon which brought it down to $2.99 ($4.35 with tax). Then I saw a section of blu-rays with a $5 gift card with purchase banner so I picked up the HookBlu-ray/dvd combo for $9.99 and got screwed out of my $5 gift card because they wouldn't honor the banner in store (now I am dealing with customer service and they WILL give me the $5 gift card and something for my trouble!) so I walked out spending $15.

I never saw Wreck it Ralph in theaters and I also regret it. I am going to watch it tonight though!

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like they basically stole a blu-ray when they use coupons and walk out with it at either half or a third the original price? haha

Planning to pick this up either tonight or tomorrow for my son. We saw it in theaters, and while it seems more like
Sugar Rush: The Movie
more than Wreck It Ralph it's still a good flick.

Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. Hopefully my tightwad Best Buy store allows the PM + coupon + RZ certs, or I'll be dealing with Best Buy CS.

Best buy took the coupon on the 3d version with no problems. I even used the scanned version that was on here but has now disappeared (thanks to that cag member for posting it). What's funny is the cashier said wow where did you get this coupon and I replied Scott's tissue products. The look he gave me was hilarious lol.

I wanted to pick up the 3D combo from BB to use my credit, but they were cleared out. So Target got my money on this one.

How the fuck can all the BB's in the area get cleared out of the 3D version in one day? Did they only allocate less than 10 copies per store? Ridiculous.

[quote name='Tybee']If I'm using the Scott coupon and want the 3D combo pack, am I better off getting it from Best Buy or Target?[/QUOTE]

If the coupon's in color, it shouldn't matter unless you get a real hard ass. Given the limited amount of cashiers at Best Buy though and my personal experiences with a higher % of them being hard asses versus Target, I'd say go with Target (unless you have rewards certs/BBY GCs etc.)

[quote name='karkyco']If the coupon's in color, it shouldn't matter unless you get a real hard ass. Given the limited amount of cashiers at Best Buy though and my personal experiences with a higher % of them being hard asses versus Target, I'd say go with Target (unless you have rewards certs/BBY GCs etc.)[/QUOTE]

I have a Best Buy that's generally cooperative on these things. Which place has it cheaper is what I'm asking.

Got 2D edition by using BestBuy bonus $5 coupon and $7 Scott coupon with no problem. I also got them to price match Amazon's price ($19.99). Can't wait watch it with my wife tonight. :D

I've spent literally 3 hours on 3 different computers trying to get this stupid coupon. Half the time the Scott website gives you an error. Then I get a code and I register with Disney, and then the coupon never prints and now the website says I printed two coupons and reached my limit. I called Disney and they said they're sorry but they can't do anything. You can't email me a copy of a lousy $7.00 coupon? Really?

fuck Scott & Disney. if you're going to run a promotion make sure your shit works.

[quote name='kyoya']My experience at Toys R Us:

It did not work with the 20% TRU coupon and $7.00 off coupon as expected. The cashier at customer service was very cool about it though, even trying to get the register to accept the transaction (even after getting turned down by the manager before). It was worth a shot. I should point out that the WIR 3-D Blu-Ray combo back at TRU was on sale at $29.99 rather than $34.95. They had a very nice display case for it. Looks like I'll be saving that 20% off TRU coupon for another item.

Walked across the street to Best Buy with the $7.00 coupon and $5 RZ certificate and there was a slight problem with the transaction with a cashier who admitted she was on two hours of sleep. She scanned in the $7 manufacturer coupon first, which then would not allow the register to accept the $5 RZ coupon. She then had to have a manager come out and void the entire transaction, scan the $5 RZ coupon and the $7 manufacturer in that order for it to work. Walked out of Best Buy with the WIR 3D Blu-Ray for $17.14 after taxes.

Now, do I really want to push it and go for a Shady Brook Farms rebate? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't see why it didn't work at TRU. Aren't manufacture coupons supposed to be treated as cash? I think if you return the item you paid with a manu coupon, you would get the coupon back in cash. Correct me if Im wrong.

$22.99 at BB.

I got them to price match Amazon's 19.99, then the $7 manufacturers coupon, and then the $5 reward certificate from the facebook polls and BAM. $9.32 total.

My coupon was in b&w, no problems at Target. She just scanned it, kinda read it over, and totaled it up. $21 ood w/5% discount for my RedCard for the 3-D 4-Disc version. Sold the 3-D disc for $13, so down to $8 oop. Will also sell off the digital copy. Net oop will be around $4-5 keeping the blu-ray and DVD versions.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='biggie2123']I don't see why it didn't work at TRU. Aren't manufacture coupons supposed to be treated as cash? I think if you return the item you paid with a manu coupon, you would get the coupon back in cash. Correct me if Im wrong.[/QUOTE]

The issue was with the 20% off TRU coupon - not the Scott's/Disney manufacturer coupon (that would have had no problem at all). The 20% off TRU coupon was for regular-priced items only, it was not allowed to be used on items that were on sale. In addition, I also remember the cashier saying the 20% off coupon would not be eligible for an item that could be price-matched to a competitor's ad.

bread's done
Back