WrestleMania 21 Thread

I thought the game was terrible. Good gaphics and actual voices that this game has going for it. Its glitchy, slow paced, out dated, week roster, you can't use custom music, you have to create a wrestler for season mode, you can't edit the wrestlers, you can only pick the superstars entrences and mix between them, once they knock you down they keep beating you, if you try to stand up you just keep rolling on the matt.

In other words this game is utter crap! I baught it day one and returned it the very next day at store opeing! Thq needs to be slapped for this! Guess its still smackdown here comes the pain for me! Hell I'd rather play wcw vs nwo on 64 then play this garbage. Well the good news is that you will be able to pick it up for under ten real soon!

Its glitchy, slow paced, out dated, week roster, you can't use custom music, you have to create a wrestler for season mode, you can't edit the wrestlers, you can only pick the superstars entrences and mix between them, once they knock you down they keep beating you, if you try to stand up you just keep rolling on the matt.

90% of the glitches were fixed by the patch, "out dated" and "weak roster" are kinda the same, yes you can use custom music (You have to unlock the ability to, you can use custom music for CAW's anytime), of course you have to play season with a CAW, that's why it says "become a legend", you unlock more entrances as you go along, and hit Y to stand up instead of rolling around with the joystick.

The game is really fun online, more fun then I expected. Also, I love how the patch fixed most of the glitches. I am very happy with the game

No, Cheapy. Your profile keeps track of overall wins and losses, online and off, but there's no leaderboard or win/loss/draw/drop/quit stats on Live. That sucks, since you never no if someone quits a lot, but between CAG, GameFAQs, Gaming Ring, and The Smart Marks, I shouldn't have a problem finding quality, non-quitting opposition.

And all matches have a ten minute time limit on Live. That kinda sucks. But other than that.. yeah, it's great.

Guyver, you suck for not responding to the invites! Matt and I were waiting, we were going to have a nice triple threat match with you!

[quote name='Sojeph']Are there 4 players online? Im not talking 2vs2 on 2 xboxs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I haven't tried it, but there are fatal four way matches.

[quote name='Scorch']Wow. WMXXI is only 29.99 from Gamefly. That can't be good.[/QUOTE]

$29.99 is the right price for this game, maybe I can get my other friends to get it once Gamefly offers it for straight up sale rather then just the keepit option.

So, is anybody playing on Live today?

Scorch, it said you were offline when I came back, but I'll be getting on in a few minutes now that I see you are online.

I meant I see that you're online at the board. I have my Xbox turned off. I'll be on though, so just challenge me whenever you're ready. No rush.

So it seems the game is worthy after the patch. With XBL I assume the general CAG would recommend this game now? also if this is the case the (do not buy this game) should prob. be taken off.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']So it seems the game is worthy after the patch. With XBL I assume the general CAG would recommend this game now? also if this is the case the (do not buy this game) should prob. be taken off.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend it for 29.99 from Gamefly.

[quote name='Scorch']And all matches have a ten minute time limit on Live. That kinda sucks. But other than that.. yeah, it's great.

Guyver, you suck for not responding to the invites! Matt and I were waiting, we were going to have a nice triple threat match with you![/QUOTE]

sorry guys i wasnt home....i tend to leave it paused and just leave....

yea ogtta get my goldberg up to shape to play online....sucks i lost all my progress...

im suprisingly not that good in this game...im usually awesome in every wrestling game..but i dunno whats diff about this game.....

Eh, apparently not ALL glitches are fixed. My game just froze twice. Also, I restarted season, and pinned bubba and it then showed a replay of bubba doing the buba cutter on me, and him pinning, and it said "the winner of the match DVON".

[quote name='Superstar']Eh, apparently not ALL glitches are fixed. My game just froze twice. Also, I restarted season, and pinned bubba and it then showed a replay of bubba doing the buba cutter on me, and him pinning, and it said "the winner of the match DVON".[/QUOTE]

k, I fixed the title for you :)

[quote name='RawisJericho']k, I fixed the title for you :)[/QUOTE]

Hah. Just letting people know, who didn't buy it yet. I like the game a lot but, its becoming frustraiting, doing things over several times.

I've had it with this game. I started a career mode last night, thought it was kinda cool with the custom soundtrack for your entrance. So I make it to my first PPV match, it's for the tag team titles in a TLC match against the Dudleys.

OMG...If you thought the online lag was bad, wait till you play a 4 player TLC match! The contorl was absolutely terrible! I wasn't wrestling with the Dudleys, I was wrestling with my controller.

The average TLC in this game is roughly 2 minutes. It results of one person climbing a ladder and another person (sometimes their own partner!) knocking the ladder over. I thought it was funny that the crowd boos throughout the entire contest (they seem to boo every time a weapon is used) I guess this game knows crap when they see it!

So after about 15 tries, I finially win the contest by nothing but PURE LUCK. What am I rewarded with? My fucking game froze! I felt like destroying my XBOX, until I remembered it was bulletproof. I'd be wasting my time ;)

The hell with this game.

[quote name='Scahom1']I've had it with this game. I started a career mode last night, thought it was kinda cool with the custom soundtrack for your entrance. So I make it to my first PPV match, it's for the tag team titles in a TLC match against the Dudleys.

OMG...If you thought the online lag was bad, wait till you play a 4 player TLC match! The contorl was absolutely terrible! I wasn't wrestling with the Dudleys, I was wrestling with my controller.

The average TLC in this game is roughly 2 minutes. It results of one person climbing a ladder and another person (sometimes their own partner!) knocking the ladder over. I thought it was funny that the crowd boos throughout the entire contest (they seem to boo every time a weapon is used) I guess this game knows crap when they see it!

So after about 15 tries, I finially win the contest by nothing but PURE LUCK. What am I rewarded with? My fucking game froze! I felt like destroying my XBOX, until I remembered it was bulletproof. I'd be wasting my time ;)

The hell with this game.[/QUOTE]

Same shit happened to me. The only problem is, if you return it, you don't get $50, so it sucks either way.

What's funny.. is that i'm not having more glitches than I had without the patch! I played the first match against Rene Dupree and he hit me from across the ring, I did a long distance grapple.. I really like this game online, but i'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to keep it. Stuff was tolerable before, but now i'm having the exact reverse effect as some of you. I'm glad it fixed some of your glitches, though.

[quote name='Scorch']What's funny.. is that i'm not having more glitches than I had without the patch! I played the first match against Rene Dupree and he hit me from across the ring, I did a long distance grapple.. I really like this game online, but i'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to keep it. Stuff was tolerable before, but now i'm having the exact reverse effect as some of you. I'm glad it fixed some of your glitches, though.[/QUOTE]

I won't be getting this game unless I can get it hella cheap in a trade on here. I'm just going to try to pick up DoR in a trade and wait for DoR 2 to come out.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I won't be getting this game unless I can get it hella cheap in a trade on here. I'm just going to try to pick up DoR in a trade and wait for DoR 2 to come out.[/QUOTE]

Define 'hella trade', and send over a list of XBox games you have for trade, if any.

[quote name='Scorch']Define 'hella trade', and send over a list of XBox games you have for trade, if any.[/QUOTE]

hella cheap trade means I would be getting it for very cheap or next to nothing. Being you just paid $50 bucks for it and can still take it back, that would probably be your best option since I am not willing at all to give up much for this game. I have a trade list in my sig.

[quote name='Superstar']Same shit happened to me. The only problem is, if you return it, you don't get $50, so it sucks either way.[/QUOTE]

With my discount I paid $45...and considering I will get $30 back for trade at my store, I won't come out too bad.

I could eBay it, but the price seems to be averging $35-40 sealed at best.

Of course, I could just return it as defective, and get a sealed copy back...to which I can sell off that way ;)

Luckily I haven't had many problems with my game and my Xbox with a Thompson drive. Had one glitch where I got stuck as I was falling but it fixed itself after 10 seconds. Game only froze up once for me while loading a match in career. CPU AI could definitely use some work, won a triple threat ladder match without any problems since the CPUs were busy with each other. I'd give it around a 7-7.5 out of 10.

If anyone wants to play on Live, send me an invite or send me a message on AIM, the latter is probably the best if I'm not on Live already.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I will have to use my friends xbox live to get the update though :([/QUOTE]

..wouldn't it update the system profile or xbox live itself, not the disc?

[quote name='RawisJericho']I won't be getting this game unless I can get it hella cheap in a trade on here. I'm just going to try to pick up DoR in a trade and wait for DoR 2 to come out.[/QUOTE]

I thought DoR was a shitty shitty game. I hated the controls.

WMXIX is far superior and probably the second best WWE game of this generation (behind HCTP)

[quote name='Scorch']..wouldn't it update the system profile or xbox live itself, not the disc?[/QUOTE]

Broadband isn't availiable in my area so I can't get xbox live. That is why I said I would have to use my friends xbox live.

*edit* Just in case you didn't know, I can take my xbox to a friends house and use their live account on my xbox.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I thought DoR was a shitty shitty game. I hated the controls.

WMXIX is far superior and probably the second best WWE game of this generation (behind HCTP)[/QUOTE]

what!! DOR is the best wrestling game this generation..on par with hctp. it is so challenging and multiplayer is hella fun

im desperately awaiting dor2

Gamefly has this title for $29.99 used (well, how used can it really be?)

I just joined Gamefly; I hate buying rental (from Blockbuster, etc.) because they put unremovable labels on their titles. Does GF do this (or are their discs free of any identifying labels/marks)? If not, buying it might be an option for that price (despite all of my hesitancies).

So, I will be receiving this by Monday, as a rental. Who is the current CAG champion, so I can beat you like Rick Rude versus the Ultimate Warrior at WM5?

myke.
...Ooh! What do people think of playable managers in online play (perhaps in next-gen titles)? I think it sounds awesome, if implemented correctly (you can't mess around too much, lest you get caught and your wrestler DQ'ed). Someone call Yuke's ('cuz god knows SG might not do another wrestling game).

There is no CAG Championship yet. I'm waiting to see how many people would be willing to participate in a league. If we don't have enough people here, there are several members of The Smart Marks Forums who are also wanting to do a league, so if both boards are short on players, maybe we can combine the two.

I'm just offering suggestions myself. I'd be glad to help run things, but I'm not going to insist on being in charge since some people might be comfortable with a more "established" poster being in charge. I just want to get this off the ground soon, and hopefully we can successfully pull off 1 show a week and a monthly PPV card. That's the type of thinging I've been wanting to do in a wrestling game for years. My friends and I had leagues for games that we kept track of via notebooks (which I still have), but online play with belts brings things to a whole new level.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm going to download the action replay save so I can get millions of dollars and make the CAG belt.[/QUOTE]

How did NES pro wrestling phrase it? "A Champion is You"?

Or was it "winner"?

myke.

"A winner is you."

Scorch, that sounds like a great idea. The only problem is that, since the game does not have official tournaments where we can set up brackets, we'd have to have it where one of the people who make it to the final match creates the belt or gets it on their Xbox by some other means, so that it can be won in said title match. Of course, if the finals turn out to be you and me, that'll be a moot point.

Just out of curiousity, is anyone keeping track of their online win/loss/draw record? I am, since I'm a stat freak. I'm 6-1-6 after just now whipping Shawn Michaels' ass again with Bret Hart. It's very satisfying when my opponents pick HBK and I make him tap to the Sharpshooter.

You know, it figures that the one online game I am successful in is the one that doesn't have rankings and leaderboards.

We've only got like four people who play WMXXI on Live, we could just have a fatal fourway or a small bracket. I don't think you can have a match for the belt with no one as a champ, so I could just lay down for the winner or something. I'm going to make it the million dollar belt or something.. John Cena's spinning belt is in there as well, but I don't know if it actually spins.

[quote name='Scorch']We've only got like four people who play WMXXI on Live, we could just have a fatal fourway or a small bracket. I don't think you can have a match for the belt with no one as a champ, so I could just lay down for the winner or something. I'm going to make it the million dollar belt or something.. John Cena's spinning belt is in there as well, but I don't know if it actually spins.[/QUOTE]

Is it the USA or WWE Championship version of the spinner belt?

As I said, we could probably combine CAG posters and guys from TSM for a league if needed. Then again, we could just have the CAG belt and then I could try get a league going with weekly shows and a separate title, a league that has no ties to one specific forum.

If we had 4 people vying for the CAG belt, I feel that a mini-bracket would be better than a Fatal 4-Way. the 4-way would likely end in a draw due to everyone breaking up pin attempts.

So far, who do we have that would contend for a belt? Me, Scorch, Guyver, Myke if he keeps the game... anyone else? I'd better go check the lleague discussion thread.

Scorch, will you be playing WM on Live anytime soon? I don't have shit to do for the next 4 hours or so.

EDIT: RIJ, I don't have the belt parts unlocked, so I can't be 100% certain, but seeing as how Cena just debuted the spinning WWE Championship, I'm pretty sure it's the US title.

EDIT 2: It looks like Superstar and $hady are interested in a league or championship tournament, as well as Craven once he gets the game. That's almost enough for an 8 man bracket if all are in.

Shit. I have $999 Million, but I can barely do shit because I need Legend presteige(sp?).. crap. I did unlock some legends and whatever else money would buy, got PPV plates for the belt, but holy crap, I couldn't unlock much.

Though I can buy as many CAW points as I want and be indestructable.

The Smoking Skull belt can be unlocked (when my status rises), which is great, because I looked for it in the menus and couldn't find it.. glad they didn't forget it.

I don't think it's Cena's belt, more or less a Cena design. It's got a picture of a lock and says 'word life'.. kinda lame. There's also Eugene, The Rock, Bret Hart and Undertaker belts.. I can't see them, though. Guess I was wrong about Cena's spinning belt.. sorry. It said Thuganomics belt and I just assumed.

//edit: This new Weezer CD is awesome.

Not sure how high you can edit these attributes, but my guy's stamina is now 108. It costs $35,000 for four points in Stamina.

I'd be interested in the league as well probably, I've added Scorch, Guyver, and Superstar, my tag is GenDV138X for anyone else that wants to add me. Not sure if I'll be playing today, kinda busy schedule.

This game BLOWS in regards to loading profiles, saving, modifying superstars, signing on xbox live, accessing profiles, and everything.. it's really annoying to load the same profile over and over. I was signed on XBox Live and played career and tried to enhance my superstar. I was told that I couldn't, because I was not signed on XBox Live, even though I was. So I signed out of Live, beat a career match, tried again.. now it says that I'm still not signed in through XBox Live and I can't modify this superstar. Of course, as soon as I went back to the main menu, I was signed in through Live. Now I just tried to sign on Live and it wanted to unload a profile.

God, this game is weird.

EDIT: Now this game just fucking froze when I was coming to the ring in career mode. I'm going to pull my hair out. BRB.

Modify Superstar finally worked!

My guy did a running elbow drop to a guy that stood up.. well, he started the animation, anyways, and then he fell flat on his face. Then he was up. Then he was on the ground rolling. It's weird how this patch fixed the game for some and made it more broke than ever for others.

My guy's maxed out on stats now. I can't wait to see what happens.

//edit: So, even though he's maxed out on stats, there are empty spaces in his attributes in career mode.

They need more patches. Now.

Oh, scratch that - actually, my Stamina, Strenth, and Charisma are maxed out and my submission almost is.. the countering and speed, however, are not.

Weird. I've never had any of those problems. The game hasn't frozen on either since it was patched.

One thing I did notice is that both myself and my opponent are signed out of Live for 10-15 seconds following a match, then automatically signed back in. It doesn't make sense, but it's really no big deal at all and it doesn't affect anything.

I do hate how I have to load my profile manually every time I turn on the Xbox, though. Half my wins haven't even counted toward my record because I sometimes forget to do that.

bread's done
Back