XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AshesofWake']I've been trying but cheapest I've found it was for $30. Which for me is pricey for what I want to pay for it :([/QUOTE]

Its been $20 a few times. You could also just buy the vanilla version for $13 used or new and buy the dlc next week.

I picked up Sleeping Dogs for $30 the month it came out (TRU 2/$70 sale was AWESOME!) so I had planned to wait on some form of a GOTY/Collected version rather than springing for DLC but seeing as how this was the most enjoyable gaming experience I've had in years, I decided to grab the Nightmare pack & Dragon Master Packs.

Hell, they deserve more money from me, that's my reasoning... and I did steel myself from picking up the Zodiac Tournament (aka DLC version of Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon plot) even though it sounds like the most fun/ridiculous use of the game.

I figure if they're having a sale this big, there's little doubt that we won't see some version of it spring back up again in the coming months (I hope :pray:).

Thanks for the look at Rhythm Party Frisky, may have to pick that up.
Could easily be worth $5 for one night with friends and adult beverages.:beer:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Its been $20 a few times. You could also just buy the vanilla version for $13 used or new and buy the dlc next week.[/QUOTE]

Newegg just had it for 12 new, can check if it's still that price.

So did anyone mention that The Cave comes out next week on the 23rd for 1200, or did I miss that?

If you were interested in it, there ya go.

[quote name='sicsonic']So did anyone mention that The Cave comes out next week on the 23rd for 1200, or did I miss that?

If you were interested in it, there ya go.[/QUOTE]

Oh man. $15 for an XBLA game is something I can almost never bring myself to do, but... Tim. Ron. Platformer.

I did unwittingly skip RCR at 800, so maybe I can pardon myself for splurging on The Cave.

It HAS to be awesome...

For what it's worth, I thought RCR was amazing, I 100%'d it twice, once a few months ago on PC and once again on XBLA.

Sleeping Dogs DLC?! Man this is very tempting... do you think Sleepings dog will ever have game of the year edition with all the DLC? I highly doubt it since it's by Square-Enix. Any thoughts?

[quote name='TommyLove']Sleeping Dogs DLC?! Man this is very tempting... do you think Sleepings dog will ever have game of the year edition with all the DLC? I highly doubt it since it's by Square-Enix. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I Doubt it. The most Square Enix seems to do is make compilation of full games (Hitman HD collection, Tomb Raider collections, etc.), but they've yet to do one with one game by itself with all the DLC. So I'm skeptic.

I am not sure if this a price drop or part of a sale or what by Spylon's site showed the XBLA game Things on Wheels is now 50% off at 400 Microsoft points. It got a 41 on Metacritic though so it may not be worth anyone's time.

[quote name='sicsonic']So did anyone mention that The Cave comes out next week on the 23rd for 1200, or did I miss that?

Enormous backlog + Sega published game = wait for sale.

xbldb picked up some (certainly amazing) game called TOW: Things on Wheels as a price drop from $10 to $5.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...6acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a36?cid=SLink

EDIT: Ninja'd by Chipper! I guess I should have refreshed the thread before I posted haha. Anyways, I updated the OP with the price drop. Is there a reason that every time I update the OP, it adds spaces between all the sections? Is there something I can do to avoid this from happening?

[quote name='ooga']Enormous backlog + Sega published game = wait for sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that "Sega published game" is really key to me.

Also, ooga, how is Home Run Stars? I see you have it in your recent activity, and it is the Kinect DotW next week.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is there a reason that every time I update the OP, it adds spaces between all the sections? Is there something I can do to avoid this from happening?
[/QUOTE]

I've never figured out how to avoid it. Might be a forum bug.

[quote name='tylerh1701']

Also, ooga, how is Home Run Stars? I see you have it in your recent activity, and it is the Kinect DotW next week.[/QUOTE]

I play it because of the friggin Famestar crap that I am a slave to right now. :wall:
The game is pretty barebone and doesn't offer a lot of variety. Kinect Mechanics work pretty well if you have room (it detects the position of your feet to decide the direction to hit the ball in). It's a pretty decent distraction for a couple of hours but you definitely won't be playing it for long....unless you're me. You may not regret picking it up for 400 msp if you have points to burn. If not I think it's more like a 200 msp game.
Multi player is pretty fun if you have a friend. Online is completely dead though. I've NEVER been able to find a truly random match online. EVER. Every week I have to schedule some matches with friends to get through the weekly challenges. Having said that, you definitely need to pick it up so I have more people to ask to play when I am in a bind. :cool:

[quote name='eastx']I've never figured out how to avoid it. Might be a forum bug.[/QUOTE]

Do you use IE like tyler? I haven't had any problems with Firefox.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Is there a reason that every time I update the OP, it adds spaces between all the sections? Is there something I can do to avoid this from happening?[/QUOTE]

Chime in with what browser and version you're using and maybe I or someone else can figure something out. I seem to remember you saying you use IE. Would that be IE9?

Like Bloomy, I have no issues with Firefox. I don't think I've ever tried editing the OP in Chrome...

[quote name='Bloomy']Do you use IE like tyler? I haven't had any problems with Firefox.[/QUOTE]

I use Firefox, but maybe the times I ran into extra spaces it was from a previous editor on a different browser. Hmm...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Chime in with what browser and version you're using and maybe I or someone else can figure something out. I seem to remember you saying you use IE. Would that be IE9?

Like Bloomy, I have no issues with Firefox. I don't think I've ever tried editing the OP in Chrome...[/QUOTE]

I have IE8 at the moment, but maybe I'll download 9 and see if that works any better. I'll also download Firefox and try that.

I use Chrome for my normal browsing, but I don't use it to update the OP because the WYSIWYG feature doesn't work in Chrome, so all I see is a jumbled mess of text when I try to edit the OP in it.

I really don't update the OP all that often, but I feel bad the every time I try to update something it screws with the formatting.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I have IE8 at the moment, but maybe I'll download 9 and see if that works any better.[/QUOTE]

Just a word of warning: if you're still using XP then you won't be able to get IE9.

Also, where are you seeing an option for a WYSIWYG editor? I'm not seeing that.

Oh, huh. I'm not even sure how you access a WYSIWYG editor (unless I am just wildly misinterpreting something here)... I just roll with good ol' BBCode cherry-picking.

[quote name='Thrinn']Just a word of warning: if you're still using XP then you won't be able to get IE9.

Also, where are you seeing an option for a WYSIWYG editor? I'm not seeing that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm on 7 at work, which is where I do most my editing.

Top-right corner of the main edit box when you are in IE there is a "Switch Editor Mode" button that goes between WYSIWYG and BB Code. Like I said, it's not there in Chrome and I have no idea if it's available in Firefox.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Oh, huh. I'm not even sure how you access a WYSIWYG editor (unless I am just wildly misinterpreting something here)... I just roll with good ol' BBCode cherry-picking.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, maybe I'm the only one who is using WYSIWYG. Maybe that's causing the extra spacing problem...

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks. I'm on 7 at work, which is where I do most my editing.

Top-right corner of the main edit box when you are in IE there is a "Switch Editor Mode" button that goes between WYSIWYG and BB Code. Like I said, it's not there in Chrome and I have no idea if it's available in Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had never even noticed that option before. Thanks. :)

[quote name='Thrinn']Wow, I had never even noticed that option before. Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

No problem. Thanks for the input everyone. Next time I do any updating in the OP, I'll try Firefox and see if it works any better.

Sorry for kinda derailing the thread, not that there is much to talk about at the moment.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Wasn't TOW this free game long ago when I didn't even have a Xbox 360? =P lol[/QUOTE]

The short answer is no.

We get comments like this a lot ("wasn't this game free?"); I'm beginning to wonder if there is some joke I'm just not in on o_O

While I'm at it, games that have been free at some point: Texas Hold 'Em, Undertow, Totemball, Carcassonne, Yaris, the three Doritos games (Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Crash Course), Haunt, Wreckateer, Walking Dead Ep 1. I don't think I'm forgetting anything? Other than games that have been free in non-U.S. regions such as Daggerdale.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']The short answer is no.

We get comments like this a lot ("wasn't this game free?"); I'm beginning to wonder if there is some joke I'm just not in on o_O

While I'm at it, games that have been free at some point: Texas Hold 'Em, Undertow, Totemball, Carcassonne, Yaris, the three Doritos games (Dash of Destruction, Harm's Way, Crash Course), Haunt, Wreckateer, Walking Dead Ep 1. I don't think I'm forgetting anything? Other than games that have been free in non-U.S. regions such as Daggerdale.[/QUOTE]

Mixed it up with underTOW my bad..but there were other free games Fable 2 and WCR were free for a short time period (at least got WCR GoD for free around year ago since they made a mistake...) there was also a free worms game on some meory units back then..and of course hexic HD is free...

[quote name='Bloomy']I use the WYSIWYG option in Firefox. Had never clicked that toggle to switch to BBcode.[/QUOTE]

No WYSIWYG option in IEv9 or FFv18 here ... just a plain old edit box with a draggable lower-right corner, and that's it. That probably explains how each line is getting a preceding space at char #1 as well. Hmmm ...

[quote name='Cornelius']No WYSIWYG option in IEv9 or FFv18 here ... just a plain old edit box with a draggable lower-right corner, and that's it. That probably explains how each line is getting a preceding space at char #1 as well. Hmmm ...[/QUOTE]

I think you have your Message Editor Interface set to basic (the adjustable text box). It's under the Edit Options on the User CP. Mine's set to enhanced, which has the WYSIWYG option.

It does look like CAG provides a check spelling button for IE users. I have a FF extension that switches my user agent string, and when I set it to a version of IE, I get the check spelling button, but it disappears if I switch back to Firefox and reload the posting page.

[quote name='Cornelius']No WYSIWYG option in IEv9 or FFv18 here ... just a plain old edit box with a draggable lower-right corner, and that's it. That probably explains how each line is getting a preceding space at char #1 as well. Hmmm ...[/QUOTE]

Yep, I've fired up IE8, IE9, and the newest versions of Chrome and Firefox and I still don't see a WYSIWYG option.

Ooh, a Bloomy response. I'll look into all that jazz...

Edit: Wow, even as much as I love digging through user options, I may not have ever noticed that if you hadn't brought that to my attention, Bloomy. Thanks. I have... the pooowwwweerrrrrr!

[quote name='dark_inchworm']
Edit: Wow, even as much as I love digging through user options, I may not have ever noticed that if you hadn't brought that to my attention, Bloomy. Thanks. I have... the pooowwwweerrrrrr![/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no way I would have ever found it either. Mine was automatically set to "ENHANCED" since I started posting, thank goodness.

UNRELATED EDIT: If you want to try and get in the closed Beta for Battleblock Theater, you can sign up here.

[quote name='tylerh1701']unrelated edit: If you want to try and get in the closed beta for battleblock theater, you can sign up here.[/quote]

yes

That was supposed to be all caps for enthusiasm. Let's try HELL YES

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Depending on what you count as a free game, maybe 1 vs. 100 and Karaoke.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I wouldn't count 1 vs. 100 since you couldn't own it. It only existed as long as Microsoft allowed it to run.[/QUOTE]

Game Room is in that weird territory as well. You can get some achievements without buying anything anyway.

Also a lot of kinect apps/games as well. Intel Discovered is a straight-up game that is free, and there are a lot of things that come up under Fun Labs that are or have been free.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Edit: Wow, even as much as I love digging through user options, I may not have ever noticed that if you hadn't brought that to my attention, Bloomy. Thanks. I have... the pooowwwweerrrrrr![/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Cornelius has the same version of Firefox I have, so I figured it was in the site settings somewhere, especially since he wasn't seeing it in both browsers while I was in FF and IE8.

Happy Wars is another free game on XBL.

[quote name='Calinks']I wanted to buy the Enter the Dragon DLC. Not sure if I will get any of these, is nightmare fun?[/QUOTE]

Nightmare is fun-ish. The story is fun enough to play-through, finished it in about 3 hours--it's stand-alone so nothing carries over but they give you most of the combos from the main game unlocks. I was thrown that the only way to play it is from the main screen BEFORE you see the regular menu but after the logo (trust me, it's a little weird).

[quote name='crazylox2001']can someone tell mewhich sleeping dog dlc to get if i cant get them all?[/QUOTE]

Do you want more story (Nightmare in North Point DLC), versus do you want starter-gear (Dragon Master DLC) and a handful of exclusive infinite tasks that are fun... but only help you grind stats/unlocks easier? The answer lies within you.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Game Room is in that weird territory as well. You can get some achievements without buying anything anyway.

Also a lot of kinect apps/games as well. Intel Discovered is a straight-up game that is free, and there are a lot of things that come up under Fun Labs that are or have been free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bloomy']Happy Wars is another free game on XBL.[/QUOTE]

Damn, even more I let slip! But at least I managed to remember about a dozen in 90 seconds or so. I need to see how dumb/easy that Intel game is.

[quote name='Sanges99']
Do you want more story (Nightmare in North Point DLC), versus do you want starter-gear (Dragon Master DLC) and a handful of exclusive infinite tasks that are fun... but only help you grind stats/unlocks easier? The answer lies within you.[/QUOTE]

For the Dragon Master DLC, I notice you say "infinite tasks". Do said tasks give you triad experience for doing them? Maxed out the cop stats in the story, but at 85% complete, I'm not going to unlock all the triad moves before game completion.

Your avatar pic makes me sad. I feel its in your favor but I am holding out hope that Kevin Johnson can go to the board and plead our case. I just feel we should have an opportunity to make a bid if the kings are for sale.
*steps off soap box

[quote name='JStryke']For the Dragon Master DLC, I notice you say "infinite tasks". Do said tasks give you triad experience for doing them? Maxed out the cop stats in the story, but at 85% complete, I'm not going to unlock all the triad moves before game completion.[/QUOTE]

Yes, specifically the "Triad Highway" and "Death by 1,000 Cuts" missions from the Triad Enforcer pack (in the Dragon Master Pack) are repeatable for triad experience.

couldnt find the answer in the thread, but I cant seem to get the Rock Band Blitz offer after i scratch and lose. I just get boom boom rocket and rhythem party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back