XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tylerh1701']Haven't tried it with this game, but it's never worked before with other delisted games. Usually, like nCogNeato says, you just get an error message when you try to buy it through the demo.[/QUOTE]

I want to say it worked for me with Pinball FX, but I could be wrong.

I think it got delisted when FX2 came out because you could buy the FX1 tables in a pack, but I had the demo downloaded so I bought FX1 so I could get the FX1 achievements as well as get the tables in FX2.

[quote name='benjamouth']I want to say it worked for me with Pinball FX, but I could be wrong.

I think it got delisted when FX2 came out because you could buy the FX1 tables in a pack, but I had the demo downloaded so I bought FX1 so I could get the FX1 achievements as well as get the tables in FX2.[/QUOTE]

This is true, had the option to buy it for 800 Points would have done it if I was able to get the DLC packages for this game as well hate, when I can't complete games, because it's no longer obtainable :X

Same for Marble Blast..had a full game code, but DLC wasn'r available anymore so I traded it hum...

Still have the demos of Diner Dash and Double Dragon wish I could unlock the full games somehow haha =P hate when games getting delisted >.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']have the demos of Diner Dash and Double Dragon wish I could unlock the full games somehow haha =P hate when games getting delisted >.

[quote name='Sath666']

btw Another delisted game - Yar's Revenge - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Yars-Revenge/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410aa1

Got really cheap code from cag member last year, but still haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! I actually liked the demo, but didn't want to pay the 800 for it. I should have just bought the thing despite my backlog. I was wondering if this might happen.

If I was somehow able to track down a code for the full game, would I still be able to download it? I have the demo so it should just be a matter of unlocking the full game.

Edit: I can't unlock the game through the demo version, it doesn't show up, but perhaps a code would allow me to since it would be seen as a purchase I made before the delisting.

All this talk of recent delistings makes me think I should pull the trigger on Star Raiders as I suspect it is next on the chopping block. Will probably bite tonight.

Speaking of Atari's remakes... I thought Warlords was pretty good. Takes a little while t get used to, but it's fun when you get the hang of it. Not much long-term appeal outside of multiplayer once the relatively short campaign is over though.

[quote name='Daemonocracy']If I was somehow able to track down a code for the full game, would I still be able to download it? I have the demo so it should just be a matter of unlocking the full game.

Edit: I can't unlock the game through the demo version, it doesn't show up, but perhaps a code would allow me to since it would be seen as a purchase I made before the delisting.[/QUOTE]I would think you'd be fine.

[quote name='Whedon']One of my favorite games on atari, had no idea it was even on xbla. Oh well, ignorance is bliss and all that.[/QUOTE]

It has nothing to with the Atari game except that the title is the same.

[quote name='sicsonic']It has nothing to with the Atari game except that the title is the same.[/QUOTE]

The Atari one was Yars' Revenge and the 360 one was Yar's Revenge.

Yeah, yeah, I realize I'm splitting hairs here. Sorry... ;)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game. I did not really even want to finish the game but since I spent 600 MS points (200 too many for sure) over the Xmas sale I felt the need to see it through. I actually liked the story that was there and I could have forgiven some of the clunky mechanics and response times but combined with the level designs they just blew balls. Whether it was taking my gun out to slow or sometimes climbing a wall fast and sometimes slow the gameplay just frustrated me to no end. Then you have zombies that kill you faster than you can respond plus times when the ceiling just decides it is going to cave in on you.

I am not a very good platform gamer but the amount of cheap shit in this games was ridiculous. I cannot count how many times I had to start a part over. The only saving grace is the checkpoint system was good so you never lost too much work. Also, hey just start the part over and not wait till I hit a button AGAIN. I am not even sure I could recommend this game to be honest. I was that frustrated with it.[/QUOTE]

That is unfortunate to hear. The Amazon PCDD rep is trying to put together a Microsoft arcade PC bundle and Deadlight is on the list. I was really looking forward to playing it but maybe I'll focus on Mark of the Ninja first. Thanks for the review.

[quote name='Palinn']That is unfortunate to hear. The Amazon PCDD rep is trying to put together a Microsoft arcade PC bundle and Deadlight is on the list. I was really looking forward to playing it but maybe I'll focus on Mark of the Ninja first. Thanks for the review.[/QUOTE]

Deadlight was very good in my opinion, only problem I had with it was that it was rather short. I bought it for 1200 or so, but if you could get it for half price I'd say that seems pretty good.

Damn I wanted Yar's Revenge :(
At least there's on Steam but I'd like to keep everything on my main gaming platform...
Also, I bought Apples to Apples but not the DLC :(

I think I'm gonna spam Major Nelson and ask for a warning on the games about to be delisted. [Edit: OK I tweeted my request to Major Nelson]
It will be better if you do the same. Let's brainwash them about it!

[quote name='eastx']Speaking of Atari's remakes... I thought Warlords was pretty good. Takes a little while t get used to, but it's fun when you get the hang of it. Not much long-term appeal outside of multiplayer once the relatively short campaign is over though.[/QUOTE]

From what i remember this game was removed few days after release, wtf? I was going to wait for a sale, ah well. :roll:

Bought most of the old 400msp Atari games, except Asteroids, which seems most broken of them all. I think it wouldn't take too long until they disappear as well.

This thread has definitely died down which is good for our wallets.

I'm tempted by the Sleeping Dogs DLC now that people are saying Square Enix never releases GOTY editions which is what I was holding out for. I'm not too worried with the DLC having been on sale a few times already.

I noticed RB Blitz was removed from the S&M app but see there was a valid explanation for that. I already own that and BBR and had written off Dance Rhythm but the trial was pretty fun so now I'm debating whether to buy it or not.

Hole in the Wall was tempting for 200 MSP but after playing the trial I think it will be more frustrating than fun. I'll have to play the Home Run Stars trial to see if I like it.

The Cave looks sweet but my backlog defeats that notion. I'm in for the Max Payne 3 season pass though whenever it does go on sale. How is the MP? I got the game during Black Friday and haven't touched it yet.

On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.

[quote name='Sath666']We are talking about Warlords remake - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Warlords/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b27[/QUOTE]

oh crap that one :(

[quote name='Cleaner7']
I noticed RB Blitz was removed from the S&M app but see there was a valid explanation for that. I already own that and BBR and had written off Dance Rhythm but the trial was pretty fun so now I'm debating whether to buy it or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm debating on whether to buy BBR or not lol
I have the other two Rhythm games and I think that both are great :)

[quote name='Cleaner7']Hole in the Wall was tempting for 200 MSP but after playing the trial I think it will be more frustrating than fun. I'll have to play the Home Run Stars trial to see if I like it. [/QUOTE]

I'll "buy" it only when it's free.

[quote name='Cleaner7']On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha holy cow :) Gratz!

[quote name='Cleaner7']
On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. I am about 1/3 of the way to where you are now. Which i s horrible considering how many games I own. I really need to hunker down and start working on some cheevos.

Bought the Sleeping Dogs DLC, and I'd say Nightmare In North Point is really only worth it for the achievements. It's extremely short (5 missions I think?), and there's not much there in the way of side quests. And even then it's only beat up on a group of vampires or kill a demon. Not to say it's "bad" per say, but it feels Saints Row-ish in terms of value for your money.

That said, the achievements are really easy although getting the five gold medals are a tad grindy.

As for The Dragon Master Pack, I'd say pass. It's a mostly cosmetic DLC. Not to say that the cars don't look cool, but still. Only thing that's good about it is it's an alternative way to max out your triad and cop experience (although the latter you should get in the main game). Otherwise, the "missions" it give you are a bit repetitive.

[quote name='Cleaner7']On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.[/QUOTE]

Congrats man. Always satisfying when you hear that *bloop* sound. Unless your friends are signing on. :bomb:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game...
... I actually liked the story that was there and I could have forgiven some of the clunky mechanics and response times but combined with the level designs they just blew balls...
...plus times when the ceiling just decides it is going to cave in on you.
[/QUOTE]

Everyone always talks about the ceiling caving in with no reason, but due to erratic controls I can't even get past these bogus helicopter chase areas. I, too, really loved the story and the theme and was happy to pick this up during Black Friday week. After plowing through the first couple hours, I completely gave up and haven't looked back yet; when I can die 20x in a single level, that's when I forfeit.

[quote name='Cleaner7']

On another note, I hit 100,000 GamerScore yesterday. Pretty crazy! I've had my 360 since May 2006.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your 100K!

I finally tried Rhythm Party and then headed to the Sales & Specials + app, and gladly lost. Bought it for 400 points. Definitely seems worth it. If you like Elite Beat Agents, and aren't opposed to Kinect, I think you'll like it. Not that it has the humor part, but the gameplay is great. The only weird thing is I seemed to need to redownload the game to get the unlocked version. It wasn't making any progress on the download from within the S&S+ app, and when I quit out the download wasn't running. Had to go to my download history and then redownload the entire game.

Thanks for the messages everyone! The crazy part is my completion percentage is just under 50% meaning I've played a shitload of games. I was in college when I got my 360 and rented a bunch of games through GameFly back in the day. There are many I haven't even gotten to.

@ooga I got your message and cleared a spot on my Friends List. I'm about to get some sleep but will be on around 5pm Pacific tonight or we can schedule a time for tomorrow to do the Madden Arcade cheevos.

I really hope we get a sale on the Dragon Age II DLC and Fallout NV DLC again before their sequels come out. I think one of the DAII packs never went on sale and I'm missing one FNV pack that I forgot during a previous sale.

[quote name='Sath666']From what i remember this game was removed few days after release, wtf? I was going to wait for a sale, ah well. :roll:

Bought most of the old 400msp Atari games, except Asteroids, which seems most broken of them all. I think it wouldn't take too long until they disappear as well.[/QUOTE]

Bummer! Now I feel less bad about forgetting to review it, heh. Maybe I'll ping the PR person and ask what happened.

Cleaner7, great job! I hit 100K just before New Year's. I usually sit around 53% completion... It would be much higher if I didn't have to play new games every week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone think Dragonborn for Skyrim will be 1/2 off the first week of February to match the deal Sony will have for it?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking not. I think the discount is the developer's way of apologizing, so it would minimize the apology if Xbox got it too.

[quote name='Blaster man'][quote name='drawingboard']Anyone know if THQ will have a DLC/XBLA fire sale soon?[/QUOTE]Won't happen. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Sure ... we've had sales on "Saints Row The Third" DLC a little while ago ... you won't see "everything" on sale, though, because all assets are currently locked down in preparation for the big auction of "intellectual property" happening this week.

BTW, added links to RDR's price lookups here at CAG, since I just noticed RDR-GOTY is as cheap as $22.74 at Walmart with "free ship to store".

[quote name='JStryke']Bought the Sleeping Dogs DLC, and I'd say Nightmare In North Point is really only worth it for the achievements. It's extremely short (5 missions I think?), and there's not much there in the way of side quests. And even then it's only beat up on a group of vampires or kill a demon. Not to say it's "bad" per say, but it feels Saints Row-ish in terms of value for your money.[/quote]

See, this is why you get a link to GiantBomb's "First Look" ... you were warned. :D

[quote name='ooga']After spending 3 minutes with Hole in the Wall I regret spending 200 points on it. Horrible.[/QUOTE]
Again, the gameplay video was provided, for better or for worse ... you were warned. :D

[quote name='Cleaner7']Thanks for the messages everyone! The crazy part is my completion percentage is just under 50% meaning I've played a shitload of games. I was in college when I got my 360 and rented a bunch of games through GameFly back in the day. There are many I haven't even gotten to.[/QUOTE]

You can remove games with 0 achievements from counting against you I think.

[quote name='Cornelius']
See, this is why you get a link to GiantBomb's "First Look" ... you were warned. :D

Again, the gameplay video was provided, for better or for worse ... you were warned. :D[/QUOTE]

I wasn't complaining myself, since I mainly bought it for the achievements (and I still have Target points, so that was a non-issue). It was more posted for other people that may be on the fence.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']You can remove games with 0 achievements from counting against you I think.[/QUOTE]

That's right. It usually works but some games are still appearing. To remove, go to your achievement list and press X for the game with 0 GS.

My completion was screwed by my early gaming sessions. I got 1 achievement each on Chromehounds and Tenchu Z and will never touch them again. The sad part is the Chromehounds' cheevo was for utterly sucking and not getting any kills in the 1-2 online matches I played. They shutdown those servers not long after. I also have some fighting games like DOA4 and Soul Caliber IV with online achievements. Throw in Quake IV, GRAW, and a few other early 360 games and there's no hope.

@eastx I was trying to hit 100K before New Years too but ended up busier than anticipated. Congrats to you too!

Is there still no word on when the Rockstar sale w/ Max Payne 3 DLC will happen?

[quote name='Cleaner7']Thanks for the messages everyone! The crazy part is my completion percentage is just under 50% meaning I've played a shitload of games. I was in college when I got my 360 and rented a bunch of games through GameFly back in the day. There are many I haven't even gotten to.

@ooga I got your message and cleared a spot on my Friends List. I'm about to get some sleep but will be on around 5pm Pacific tonight or we can schedule a time for tomorrow to do the Madden Arcade cheevos.

I really hope we get a sale on the Dragon Age II DLC and Fallout NV DLC again before their sequels come out. I think one of the DAII packs never went on sale and I'm missing one FNV pack that I forgot during a previous sale.[/QUOTE]

Mark of the Assassin never went on sale that I'm aware of and Legacy only went on sale once.

DA 2 DLC may be in the same boat now as ME 3/KoA DLC. EA doesn't want to put DLC on sale anymore while 2K does something once a month.

[quote name='MSUHitman']DA 2 DLC may be in the same boat now as ME 3/KoA DLC. EA doesn't want to put DLC on sale anymore while 2K does something once a month.[/QUOTE]

Add ME2 DLCs and ME1 Pinnacle Station to the crew, although part of the former was given a limited discount as "loser" deals in the S&S+ app... I wish they'd put 'em all on offer like three years ago or so, but at this point I dunno if that'll happen again... :cry:

Atari filed for bankruptcy today. I assume Yars' Revenge being pulled from the marketplace relates to that. Their other games may not be around too much longer.

link

I Always thought Atari was owned by Activision or was already dead or whatever because it hasn't really been doing much from the get go.

In short, R.I.P. for sure this time...

I Think.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Mark of the Assassin never went on sale that I'm aware of and Legacy only went on sale once.

DA 2 DLC may be in the same boat now as ME 3/KoA DLC. EA doesn't want to put DLC on sale anymore while 2K does something once a month.[/QUOTE]

I think I did get Legacy during that one sale.

All my most wanted sales are DLC I realized. Here's an oddball request: I want a NinjaBee sale. Mainly, the Band of Bugs DLC. Plus the Zombiesaurus Rex DLC for A World of Keflings. I bought the other 2 during the holiday sale and am playing them.

Came close to buying sleeping Dogs dlc but it just didn't seem worth it. Will get the tournament one when it goes on sale.

[quote name='BigPopov']so are there any Atari games in particular that are worth looking into picking up before they get delisted?[/QUOTE]
Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is pretty cheap right now, if you prefer a digital copy instead of a disk version (room space problems, or just lazyness :cool:).

Pulled the trigger on Warlords and Star Raiders and Asteroids & Deluxe since they are likely to get pulled at any moment. Kinda bummed I never bothered to get Undergarden, but I guess if it wasn't worth the $3 it dropped to it wasn't worth owning at all.

EDIT: Looks like Undergarden still exists on Xbox.com after a quick search for the name. Originally searched for "Atari" and videos came up but not the game itself. Guess I'll buy it (and the DLC so I can 100% whenever I get around to playing it) too..

EDIT again: snagged Missile Command too. Not really worth the 400 points but I know it'll be fun.

[quote name='E.Nich']Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is pretty cheap right now, if you prefer a digital copy instead of a disk version (room space problems, or just lazyness :cool:).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing out Riddick.. I may bite. This does include an HD upgrade to the original one on Xbox, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back