XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ooga']I play it because of the friggin Famestar crap that I am a slave to right now. :wall:
The game is pretty barebone and doesn't offer a lot of variety. Kinect Mechanics work pretty well if you have room (it detects the position of your feet to decide the direction to hit the ball in). It's a pretty decent distraction for a couple of hours but you definitely won't be playing it for long....unless you're me. You may not regret picking it up for 400 msp if you have points to burn. If not I think it's more like a 200 msp game.
Multi player is pretty fun if you have a friend. Online is completely dead though. I've NEVER been able to find a truly random match online. EVER. Every week I have to schedule some matches with friends to get through the weekly challenges. Having said that, you definitely need to pick it up so I have more people to ask to play when I am in a bind. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I was already leaning on the fence towards this game, and you totally pushed me over into buying it. Will be the first thing I purchase on Tuesday.....Then the Max Payne 3 season pass(knew it was worth waiting for as it would go on sale eventually. hey it's a season pass)

Debating which Sleeping Dogs dlc to pick up considering I don't have the game yet, but eventually will. Gonna get the one with chievos at least

Major Nelson removed next week's supposed Rockstar sale from his blog post. I hope the sale still happens, because I really want the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Coincidentally (?), it was announced today that the final DLC for the season pass is also coming next week for 800 points. Could that be the reason? Maybe they realize that nobody will pay 800 for it when they could get the season pass on sale for 1,200?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']couldnt find the answer in the thread, but I cant seem to get the Rock Band Blitz offer after i scratch and lose. I just get boom boom rocket and rhythem party.[/QUOTE]

Yup. It seems to have vanished. :(

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Major Nelson removed next week's supposed Rockstar sale from his blog post. I hope the sale still happens, because I really want the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Coincidentally (?), it was announced today that the final DLC for the season pass is also coming next week for 800 points. Could that be the reason? Maybe they realize that nobody will pay 800 for it when they could get the season pass on sale for 1,200?[/QUOTE]

Good catch, I made a note about it in the OP, and I'll edit the thread title too.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Major Nelson removed next week's supposed Rockstar sale from his blog post. I hope the sale still happens, because I really want the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Coincidentally (?), it was announced today that the final DLC for the season pass is also coming next week for 800 points. Could that be the reason? Maybe they realize that nobody will pay 800 for it when they could get the season pass on sale for 1,200?[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've never registered for a forum account than I just did @ the Behemoth. :lol:

BTW, just in case anyone missed the news, the "Dreamcast Collection" is currently @ Walmart for $9.06+tax with free "ship to store":
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dreamcast-Collection-Xbox-360/15739631

Word to the wise ... if you're reading this thread, you're more on top of the Xbox Marketplace's happenings than Xbox's own Marketing. As before, yes, this is a fact.

Regarding "Max Payne 3" ... I'd safely assume there'll be a cash-grab (aka "Season Pass" on sale) on this title, plus "Borderlands 2", plus "NBA 2K12" before May if you missed anything recent. After May, when "GTA V" hits, nobody will play ANYTHING ELSE, nor will anyone spend any money on any other 2K titles if they're not playing that particular game. They also know that any other 2K doesn't stand a chance within 2 months before or after "GTA V", which is why "Bioshock Infinite" HAD to ship no later than late-March, despite how much spit & polish they're adding to give it the best shot at "Game of the Year 2013".

It's with this realization between 2K & Xbox that they now have their sale/release calendars in order, and will either do it next week (assuming nobody actually read Major Nelson's site yesterday), or they're re-organizing their promos, or some other publisher is stepping in next week ... or some combination of all 3. In any case, you know you saw it, it will eventually happen, but now there's finally market intelligence that's cognizant of the next 4 months until "GTA V".

[quote name='ooga']I play it because of the friggin Famestar crap that I am a slave to right now. :wall:
The game is pretty barebone and doesn't offer a lot of variety. Kinect Mechanics work pretty well if you have room (it detects the position of your feet to decide the direction to hit the ball in). It's a pretty decent distraction for a couple of hours but you definitely won't be playing it for long....unless you're me. You may not regret picking it up for 400 msp if you have points to burn. If not I think it's more like a 200 msp game.[/QUOTE]

^^^I saw you at the top of the Famestar leaderboard, but never realized that you were on CAG. I too was enslaved by Famestar for many weeks, peaking at #4 at my best point. Thank goodness I was able to break free and stop caring. Keeping my Famestar spot took up all my free time and I couldn't play anything else. I was really close to you, but knowing I'd never catch up contributed to me giving up, so I owe you a bit of thanks for that. Sucks that FS isn't displayed anywhere for everyone to see aside from the in-game LB.

I did have some fun with the Home Run Stars demo, so would pick it up for 400. Feels a lot like a flashier version of Kinect Sports baseball.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']couldnt find the answer in the thread, but I cant seem to get the Rock Band Blitz offer after i scratch and lose. I just get boom boom rocket and rhythem party.[/QUOTE]

HMXHenry offered an explanation on the Rockband.com forums:
We've heard back from Microsoft confirming that the Scratch & Match promo was only partially propped. Blitz has 2 components, the game and the soundtrack, and the sale offer ID only points to the game part. We actually ran into the same problem just before Blitz launch, and they fixed it then, so they should be able to fix it now.

There may be a slight delay, but they're aware of the issue and they know that they've fixed it previously, which is all good news. I'll post when I know more.

Exciting new development! It turns out Microsoft propped an entirely unique version of Blitz (same game but with different back end data) and they're unable to link this listing with the soundtrack.

They should be pulling RB Blitz from the Scratch & Match promo shortly, and we've been told Microsoft will be contacting all affected users with replacement codes for Blitz.

Rockstar just announced that "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC is coming next week, so this explains why Major Nelson removed their sale from the list. ;)

[quote name='Sath666']Rockstar just announced that "Deathmatch Made in Heaven" DLC is coming next week, so this explains why Major Nelson removed their sale from the list. ;)[/QUOTE]

That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)

[quote name='VaultBoy101']That's kind of exactly what I said. ;)[/QUOTE]

My bad. It wasn't good idea to post anything early in the morning. :)

[quote name='NoDAK']HMXHenry offered an explanation on the Rockband.com forums:[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I was thinking of getting Rock Band Blitz and thought it strange it disappeared last night. Is 800 space bucks the lowest its gone?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Thanks. I was thinking of getting Rock Band Blitz and thought it strange it disappeared last night. Is 800 space bucks the lowest its gone?[/QUOTE]

It was 600 for the week long BF deals.

[quote name='GunstarRed']^^^I saw you at the top of the Famestar leaderboard, but never realized that you were on CAG. I too was enslaved by Famestar for many weeks, peaking at #4 at my best point. Thank goodness I was able to break free and stop caring. Keeping my Famestar spot took up all my free time and I couldn't play anything else. I was really close to you, but knowing I'd never catch up contributed to me giving up, so I owe you a bit of thanks for that. Sucks that FS isn't displayed anywhere for everyone to see aside from the in-game LB.

I did have some fun with the Home Run Stars demo, so would pick it up for 400. Feels a lot like a flashier version of Kinect Sports baseball.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. I keep thinking that I will stop this crap at some point, then someone starts encouraging me to keep going. It feels like a second job.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hopefully we get risk fractions to be on sale for next week :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's pretty much been a year so hopefully it goes on sale soon ;)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Hopefully we get risk fractions to be on sale for next week :)[/QUOTE]

I hope so too; my inner tactical mathematician is feeling repressed.

Why won't Behemoth send me a validation email to activate my account? I've resent the confirmation like 5 times too. Been waiting for like a day, there's no way I'll get in this beta now. This sucks.

[quote name='sicsonic']Why won't Behemoth send me a validation email to activate my account? I've resent the confirmation like 5 times too. Been waiting for like a day, there's no way I'll get in this beta now. This sucks.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get one either. You can still fill out the whole application without getting your confirmation (I'm not sure, maybe you did that already).

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't get one either. You can still fill out the whole application without getting your confirmation (I'm not sure, maybe you did that already).[/QUOTE]

I feel like they won't accept me then, but yeah, I suppose i could try at least.

It looks like you edited it into one of your posts from yesterday a while later, so it was pretty easy to miss. Thanks for posting the info again.

Edit: Got my email in a few seconds.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It looks like you edited it into one of your posts from yesterday a while later, so it was pretty easy to miss. Thanks for posting the info again.

Edit: Got my email in a few seconds.[/QUOTE]

Yes I did. Sorry about that, if I have the most recent post I tend to edit said post rather than posting again. Maybe I should break that habit.

Also, hmm....I definitely didn't get my confirmation email. Still, I think with them wanting 10,000 betatesters, I think most people who apply should get in.

slightly off topic...

far cry 3 pre order stuff (4 packs) just released as a deluxe bundle pack, since its ubi price should drop soon, but i might not be able to wait! not available anywhere but through this link! (probably everywhere soon)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P.../65a6d1ee-b699-4882-a579-a003033eb332?cid=RSS

and i was just looking at this stuff on ebay, WAY WAY overpriced there...

EDIT: YES, it is an unlock key for stuff on the disc. so if your morals are stronger than your urge to play new missions, of course dont buy it. but for those needing something need to add to the game, its kinda cool.

[quote name='bajingo']slightly off topic...

far cry 3 pre order stuff (4 packs) just released as a deluxe bundle pack, since its ubi price should drop soon, but i might not be able to wait! not available anywhere but through this link! (probably everywhere soon)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P.../65a6d1ee-b699-4882-a579-a003033eb332?cid=RSS

EDIT: YES, it is an unlock key for stuff on the disc. so if your morals are stronger than your urge to play new missions, of course dont buy it. but for those needing something need to add to the game, its kinda cool.[/QUOTE]
Wait, does this include the exploding monkeys?

[quote name='bardockkun']Wait, does this include the exploding monkeys?[/QUOTE]

yup. everything from the chaos edition or whatever they got overseas. looks like its on the dashboard now

[quote name='sicsonic']Why won't Behemoth send me a validation email to activate my account? I've resent the confirmation like 5 times too. Been waiting for like a day, there's no way I'll get in this beta now. This sucks.[/QUOTE]
Did you check your spam mail? That's where it showed up for me.

i wana get max payne 3 season pass dont have the game tho missed out on the special edition for $20 at gamestop >.< any deals now or coming up on it for like $20 or hopefully cheaper for standard edition?
i heard co op dlc coming out next week and want this game to warm me up for gta v

Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game. I did not really even want to finish the game but since I spent 600 MS points (200 too many for sure) over the Xmas sale I felt the need to see it through. I actually liked the story that was there and I could have forgiven some of the clunky mechanics and response times but combined with the level designs they just blew balls. Whether it was taking my gun out to slow or sometimes climbing a wall fast and sometimes slow the gameplay just frustrated me to no end. Then you have zombies that kill you faster than you can respond plus times when the ceiling just decides it is going to cave in on you.

I am not a very good platform gamer but the amount of cheap shit in this games was ridiculous. I cannot count how many times I had to start a part over. The only saving grace is the checkpoint system was good so you never lost too much work. Also, hey just start the part over and not wait till I hit a button AGAIN. I am not even sure I could recommend this game to be honest. I was that frustrated with it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game. I did not really even want to finish the game but since I spent 600 MS points (200 too many for sure) over the Xmas sale I felt the need to see it through. I actually liked the story that was there and I could have forgiven some of the clunky mechanics and response times but combined with the level designs they just blew balls. Whether it was taking my gun out to slow or sometimes climbing a wall fast and sometimes slow the gameplay just frustrated me to no end. Then you have zombies that kill you faster than you can respond plus times when the ceiling just decides it is going to cave in on you.

I am not a very good platform gamer but the amount of cheat shit in this games was ridiculous. I cannot count how many times I had to start a part over. The only saving grace is the checkpoint system was good so you never lost too much work. Also, hey just start the part over and not wait till I hit a button AGAIN. I am not even sure I could recommend this game to be honest. I was that frustrated with it.[/QUOTE]

Definitely the biggest XBLA disappointment of 2012 in my eyes.

I found out what it was, I created a gmail account and it sent fine, showed up in the spam folder. When using any hotmail account... no validation email. So there ya go.

[quote name='bajingo']slightly off topic...

[/QUOTE]

I got two of these missions with The Lost Expedition edition of the game. They are really short and nothing special. Not to mention don't add anything to the story.
Shouldn't cost more than 320msp imo.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Of course all this is my opinion but I just finished Deadlight and I absolutely HATED the game. [/QUOTE]

Most of the people would totally agree with you. I didn't hated it, because my expectations were low, but it's a short, average game with unresponsive controls.

btw Another delisted game - Yar's Revenge - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Yars-Revenge/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410aa1

Got really cheap code from cag member last year, but still haven't played it yet.

[quote name='ooga']After spending 3 minutes with Hole in the Wall I regret spending 200 points on it. Horrible.[/QUOTE]

I declared the game "worst game of 2011" based on the demo alone. So awful.

[quote name='Sath666']btw Another delisted game - Yar's Revenge - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Yars-Revenge/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410aa1

Got really cheap code from cag member last year, but still haven't played it yet.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I could never pull the trigger on it when it was on sale for 400 MSP. Not too big of a loss in my eyes.

[quote name='nCogNeato']I'm also confused...[/QUOTE]

He probably meant to post that in the "Bring Down the Sky 80 MSP" thread that was recently resurrected, but posted here by accident. There's definitely no Mass Effect DLC that's on sale at the moment.

[quote name='benjamouth']OK so stupid question, I clicked that link and it took me to the page for the game and the game was listed as "Free" so I bought it.

Is that what was supposed to happen ?[/QUOTE]

The Demo there is free. There's also a video simply titled "Yar's Revenge" that is free as well. It's 21.42 MB, my guess is that is what you downloaded.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Shame, that game is actually kind of fun. Any clue why it was delisted? Maybe a licensing issue with the Yars name?[/QUOTE]

It was published by Atari, so probably not.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Shame, that game is actually kind of fun. Any clue why it was delisted? Maybe a licensing issue with the Yars name?[/QUOTE]Agreed. It was decent enough for what was a remake done in the style of Star Fox & such. I really need to go back to that one of these days. Wonder if this means the other Atari remakes will get taken down.

[quote name='tylerh1701']The Demo there is free. There's also a video simply titled "Yar's Revenge" that is free as well. It's 21.42 MB, my guess is that is what you downloaded.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that must have been it, if it's been delisted why is the demo still available ?

Couldn't you buy it from the demo version ?

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah that must have been it, if it's been delisted why is the demo still available ?

Couldn't you buy it from the demo version ?[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. My guess is you'll probably just receive some sort of Marketplace error, but I won't be home for another 7 hours to test that. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

[quote name='benjamouth']Couldn't you buy it from the demo version ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nCogNeato']That's a good question. My guess is you'll probably just receive some sort of Marketplace error, but I won't be home for another 7 hours to test that. Hopefully someone else can confirm.[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried it with this game, but it's never worked before with other delisted games. Usually, like nCogNeato says, you just get an error message when you try to buy it through the demo.

EDIT: Apparently it works with the Pinball FX1 demo, or at least it did at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back