XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sicsonic']From what i've read, it seems Atari is just filing for bankruptcy to help free them of debt from their overseas branch of the company (formerly known as Infogrames) so they can continue releasing digital releases in the future (for XBLA, PSN, and such)

Which makes me believe that if they do get delisted, it's possible for Atari to put them back up in the future. Whether they'll actually want to or not is a different story, but it seems the future doesn't look as bleak as it sounds for Atari.[/QUOTE]

I read the same article and it makes sense. I don't see these titles getting delisted perm if at all.

More importantly, SUPERSONICS!!!!

For Red Dead Redemption Game of the year edition, how does the dlc for that work?
Is the dlc on redeem codes, on a disc and if on disc can you install it like you can with borderlands?

[quote name='Gnort']
Edit: The Space Invaders Extreme expansion is actually just a 108kb unlock key, so all the content was in the original game already, but it is harder to get annoyed with this sort of thing when you can get them both for 520MSP.[/QUOTE]

In other words, is it safe to skip the DLC and unlock everything by playing the game?
Are you really REALLY sure about that? If yes, then it's a happy day for me since I have exactly 400 MSP :)

[quote name='bajingo']So now the obvious question, which space invaders game should I pick? Infinity is more recent right? Is either one "more fun"?[/QUOTE]

Extreme is more of a standard SI game, Infinity Gene is the Pac-Man CE DX of the franchise. Definitely buy IG. Everyone should. It's incredible. In December I broke my $1 on iOS rule for it since it dropped to $2 and I felt that was close enough given how much I love the game. It's a top 10 XBLA title imo.

That being said, I am so stoked to finally be able to pick up Extreme. The DLC discount is icing on the cake. Scratch & Match totally owned it this week. I am one happy camper!

i am converting my games collection to digital so i decided to get the red dead redemption dlc. i just wish the games on demand version would go on sale for $15 or lower.

[quote name='johnpap']In other words, is it safe to skip the DLC and unlock everything by playing the game?
Are you really REALLY sure about that? If yes, then it's a happy day for me since I have exactly 400 MSP :)[/QUOTE]
I don't think he meant unlock key as in you can unlock it in the game. Pretty sure he meant that it's inside the game, you just download a key that allows you to use it in the game much like Capcom is known for doing in their games.

Decided to pick up the Undergarden DLC. I bought the game on sale so long ago that I don't even remember when it was... 2 years ago maybe? :lol: Never even tried it yet. But I'll pay $2 for insurance against being stuck at 200 GS if I like the game and want to complete it someday.

Only other Atari game I'm interested in was Yar's, and I already bought that for full price at release. :cold:

This is like the 200th time that Red dead has been the deal of the week.... Whack ass deal of the week

[quote name='xbox_man']For Red Dead Redemption Game of the year edition, how does the dlc for that work?
Is the dlc on redeem codes, on a disc and if on disc can you install it like you can with borderlands?[/QUOTE]

Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition comes with two discs, the first disc is the single player game and single player DLC is included on that disc. The second disc has multiplayer, multiplayer DLC, and Undead Nightmare all on it.

At least, if I remember correctly. It's been a few months since I've played it, phenomenal game though that much I remember for certain!

Been a little busy to be patrolling this thread for deals and goofiness. Alas. I tried buying some Sleeping Dogs DLC just now and while the price is still reflected on the site, it's a no go. Damn future mother-in-law's clock being an hour and a half behind led my delusional ass to think I still had time o_O

At least I have a week of non-spending ahead of me!

Can someone please provide me with the list of the games to be delisted, i missed it. Searched the thread but failed

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Damn future mother-in-law's clock being an hour and a half behind led my delusional ass to think I still had time o_O
[/QUOTE]

Ouch :( I know the feeling...
I say DELIST all THE MOTHERS IN LAW instead of the games lol

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't think he meant unlock key as in you can unlock it in the game. Pretty sure he meant that it's inside the game, you just download a key that allows you to use it in the game much like Capcom is known for doing in their games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing this up! I have to buy extra MSP then.

The Space Invaders Extreme DLC just unlocks the original Space Invaders AFAIK. Most players can happily skip the DLC.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Damn future mother-in-law's clock being an hour and a half behind led my delusional ass to think I still had time o_O
[/QUOTE]

Ouch :( I know the feeling...
I say DELIST all THE MOTHERS IN LAW instead of the games lol

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't think he meant unlock key as in you can unlock it in the game. Pretty sure he meant that it's inside the game, you just download a key that allows you to use it in the game much like Capcom is known for doing in their games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']The Space Invaders Extreme DLC just unlocks the original Space Invaders AFAIK. Most players can happily skip the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys for clearing this up!

[quote name='Alien Spider']Red Dead Redemption GOTY edition comes with two discs, the first disc is the single player game and single player DLC is included on that disc. The second disc has multiplayer, multiplayer DLC, and Undead Nightmare all on it.

At least, if I remember correctly. It's been a few months since I've played it, phenomenal game though that much I remember for certain![/QUOTE] i have it sitting right here and it's just as you remembered. the disc is needed to use the content.

Sleeping Dogs noob question:

Does the Dragon Master pack only add clothes, vehicles and weapons? Or does it add new missions etc?

I just got SD during BB's $29.99 promo last week, and I downloaded the DM DLC right away even before playing the game for the first time. So I'm not sure which stuff are from the DLC aside from the obvious GSP outfit in my closet. :D

[quote name='Chedeng88']Sleeping Dogs noob question:

Does the Dragon Master pack only add clothes, vehicles and weapons? Or does it add new missions etc?

I just got SD during BB's $29.99 promo last week, and I downloaded the DM DLC right away even before playing the game for the first time. So I'm not sure which stuff are from the DLC aside from the obvious GSP outfit in my closet. :D[/QUOTE]

Some of them have a mission or two. Also, the Wal-Mart car is very very good and will help you get into top class races earlier (the "undercover" cruiser). Kinda breaks immersion with the obvious cherries on it but w/e.

EDIT: Rockstar can kiss my behind. I'm not touching MP3 until a complete edition now.

[quote name='Crono-00']
For Bulletwitch all the costumes are free, those are the good meaty DLC, the paid DLC (20MSP each) are all just stage remixes. At the low price of 20MSP each (for "standard non-CAG" conversion rate, about $0.25USD), I found that they can take the small amount from me easily. I had thought that would be ideal for sellers, where prices are low enough that no thought is given for a consumer to purchase. When a price like 400MSP or greater for DLC is offered, more thought goes into whether or not to take the plunge, that thought process has a chance of telling the consumer maybe to spend elsewhere. Of course that's just my thoughts, and I don't have any data which suggests DLC for every other game is better off priced in multiples of 80MSP.[/QUOTE]

Yeah got the free costumes years ago (still have to play the game yet lol) but 20 MSP for add-ons..even if they stages are remixes..it's next to nothing..hell even the cheapest avatar stuff is 40 MSP... and I wish there were more dlcs to drop to 80 MSP like lost odyssey, pgr 4, katamari, kameo and some others...all those dlcs would be no brainers to buy... (and yeah I bought the mentioned dlcs at that price..)

Would the Atari bankruptcy also affect any of the games in the Game Room? Not that I bought anything in there but I remembered there was some Atari 2600 emulation in there.

[quote name='mpaullin']Thanks for pointing out Riddick.. I may bite. This does include an HD upgrade to the original one on Xbox, right?[/QUOTE]
You're welcome man. And yeah, it has the orignal Xbox game.

[quote name='bardockkun']If anyone is playing Bulletwitch for achievements, go and hug a cactus. It's alot less painful and it's time better spent. Though I know some people agree with that action at just the mere thought of possibly playing it as well.[/QUOTE]
I LOL'ed. I only finished the game one time, and I don't want to play again in another difficulty level. Though I may play it again... someday :lol:

They already delisted Warlords from the European marketplace. Just sayin'.

[quote name='mitch079']Would the Atari bankruptcy also affect any of the games in the Game Room? Not that I bought anything in there but I remembered there was some Atari 2600 emulation in there.[/QUOTE]

With the mention of the XBLA game being delisted, I checked on Yars' Revenge in the Game Room this past weekend. It was still there, as was the option to buy it, same with Dodge 'Em.

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']
EDIT: Rockstar can kiss my behind. I'm not touching MP3 until a complete edition now.[/QUOTE]

This was the reason I was checking the thread today. I was looking forward to the possibility of buying the Max Payne 3 season pass. Hopefully I check this thread the week that it actually does make it all the way on sale.

I already bought the $19.99 special edition with statue brand new at Gamestop, or otherwise I'd be with you waiting for the GOTY edition. That is definitely the way to go for all of us CAGs with embarrassing backlogs.

[quote name='bardockkun']If anyone is playing Bulletwitch for achievements, go and hug a cactus. It's alot less painful and it's time better spent. Though I know some people agree with that action at just the mere thought of possibly playing it as well.[/QUOTE]

Coming from a long time CAG and an even longer serious gamer. For $3 i gave this game a winning chance, like i do any game for under $5. I'll be as honest as you to say, its by far the worst $3 i ever spent. I Love games/movies/tv/anything (other then this game)... thats influenced by Jap culture and or style... and i still tottaly hate "Bulletwitch" with every aching bone in my body. One word "Monotonous". Its the most boring pile of trash i have ever played since ET on 2600. Stray far away from this fail. Play McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure instead. or just give up gaming altogether.

I was hoping for the Max Payne 3 season pass to go half off but now with the new dlc, its gonna probably go on sale maybe in a few weeks or somethin. Im tempted to just buy the new coop dlc for mp3.

[quote name='GamerDude316']If they're gonna rehash old DLC for sale...at least put New Vegas DLC up one more time...[/QUOTE]

This! I mentioned this the other day. I wasn't too worried about it when I forgot to grab one pack on sale because I thought it'd be done repeatedly like Fallout 3's DLC was. Guess not :(

I didn't mind the repeat RDR DLC because the MP3 DLC sale was new. I guess we'll have to wait a bit since they want to give the latest MP3 pack time to sell at full price. It's okay, I can wait :)

After playing the Home Run Stars trial I'm passing. It's not something I'll play much and I don't care for FameStar as much as I thought I would. I'm willing to play AWOK and FHP weekly but FPW and HRS weren't that interesting to me. I haven't touched Wreckateer yet.

I passed on Rhythm Party for now. I enjoyed it but decided to play Dance Central 1 instead. Then today I unwrapped DC3 after getting it for $15 from Microsoft and it's $5 to import DC1/2 tracks per disc. That's money better spent. Time to pickup DC2 using my gift card!

So I'm debating Space Invaders and Home Run Stars. I'll probably only end up picking one, and I haven't heard anyone say anything positive about HRS yet.

Because of these extremely poor deals, I've got a feeling this thread is going to turn into a ghost town for the next several days.

I enjoyed Extreme, as I think classic arcade gamer would, but I loved IG. The aesthetic and gameplay is highly engaging. It reminded me a lot of Rez, which is still one of my favorite XBLA titles. If I didn't already have it on PSN I would have definitely picked it up for 400 MSP.

[quote name='tylerh1701']So I'm debating Space Invaders and Home Run Stars. I'll probably only end up picking one, and I haven't heard anyone say anything positive about HRS yet[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's an easy choice! Pull the trigger on Space Invaders (both).
The Magic 8-ball predicted that HRS will go on sale later this year and even for 200 MSP or maybe for free (someday). :bouncy:

[quote name='krapstain']I won the scratch and match today and it was the Maw. It sucks I alreday own it.[/QUOTE]

This may have been covered before, but I've always wondered what happens if you "win" a game you already own?

Do they send you a redeem code that you can at least sell/trade?

[quote name='limelight022']Yes! Red Dead DLC on sale!!! Its been forever!!

I hope Borderlands DLC goes on sale next week!! Its been forever!!

:\[/QUOTE]

I swear the Borderlands DLC was on Sale this month and in December. How did you miss it?

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I swear the Borderlands DLC was on Sale this month and in December. How did you miss it?[/QUOTE]

I do hope he's being sarcastic...

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I swear the Borderlands DLC was on Sale this month and in December. How did you miss it?[/QUOTE]

Your sarcasm meter is broken.

Day late and a dollar short here, but regarding Atari:

A) Blade Kitten is mediocre at best, and I think you've lost your mind if you'd pick it over Mario. 400 MSP is an acceptable price point though, even if only for anime-tinged boob shaking. I think I just convinced myself to try it again...

B) BulletWitch does suck fiercely. I did a Gamestop "rental" for it and was glad to drag it back. The final boss battle is a rage-inducing glitchfest.

C) it blows my mind that Warlords vanished about as quickly as it appeared... did anyone here ever pick it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back