XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody have an opinion on Assassin's Creed 2 DLC on sale this week?

I know, I'm late to the series, but I just started playing 2 a week or so ago after picking it up during Target's B2G1 months ago. I like it so far but am curious for some CAGs input on the DLCs. Thanks!

Sleeping Dogs is fantastic. Combines so many elements seamlessly. Probably the best open world games I've played since Red Dead and Just Cause 2. Eagerly await the dlc to go on sale now.

[quote name='sicsonic']Obviously.

I think the argument is which game is better... and I can not understand how anyone can say Battleblock Theatre is not WAY deeper then Castle Crashers.

Which may not mean better, I think it just comes down to preference of beat-em-ups or platformers. But clearly, overall, BBT is more well-designed, and clearly has more content and replayability.

But most people will pass, and miss out on that because of the hype of CC that still rolls on.

How anyone can say anything in CC is more exciting then a good Ball Game between 4 focused players is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
Not really. Tyler started the coversation asking if it would be able to sell anywhere close to Castle Crashers over its lifetime.

Battle Block Theater has very little hype, so it doesn't have a very good chance of doing well unless that manages to change over the next two weeks. I didn't get the chance to play the beta due to XBL issues, so I'll have to wait until April to see if it's any good. I still don't really have any clue what the game is and I've been trying to keep an eye/ear out for news on it, which seems like a bad sign for the game's chances.

Castle Crashers also came at a time when there weren't a million beat-em-ups on XBLA, so people were starving for a good game that evoked the classics.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Not really. Tyler started the coversation asking if it would be able to sell anywhere close to Castle Crashers over its lifetime.

Battle Block Theater has very little hype, so it doesn't have a very good chance of doing well unless that manages to change over the next two weeks. I didn't get the chance to play the beta due to XBL issues, so I'll have to wait until April to see if it's any good. I still don't really have any clue what the game is and I've been trying to keep an eye/ear out for news on it, which seems like a bad sign for the game's chances.

Castle Crashers also came at a time when there weren't a million beat-em-ups on XBLA, so people were starving for a good game that evoked the classics.[/QUOTE]

What? No one's disagreeing that Castle Crashers will end up the more popular/better sold game. I don't see one post from anyone disagreeing with Tyler's post.

I think the opinions of which game is better is clearly more debatable, and what it seems like most of the replies are alluding to.

I couldn't wait to buy Outland when it was on sale a year or two back. Was super excited and then I started to play it and to be honest felt that it was fairly slow and boring. I played it for like 2 hours and felt like I was still being taught the game mechanics which drove me crazy. Maybe it's just the sort of gamer I've become but with XBLA games I just want something I can jump into and play right away like a proper arcade game. I don't mind when a disc game holds my hand for a bit, a bit, but I've always thought of an arcade game as being something clear, simple and easy to jump in and out of. Anyways yeah. Try the demo first if u prefer a more action-packed game. Thinking it was a shmup that's par of what I anticipated. I still think its a beautiful game and at some point ill finish it but its gone way down on my backlog list. Strangely it reminds me a bit of a 2D version of El Shaddai a little. Anyways rant over.

[quote name='sicsonic']What? No one's disagreeing that Castle Crashers will end up the more popular/better sold game. I don't see one post from anyone disagreeing with Tyler's post.

I think the opinions of which game is better is clearly more debatable, and what it seems like most of the replies are alluding to.[/QUOTE]
The posts I'm seeing don't seem to be as one-sided as you're suggesting, but whatever. It doesn't matter.

I can't comment on quality at all, but i'm wondering if it's going to bomb due to lack of clear marketing of the game. If it has as much of a multiplayer focus as it looks, it's a definite pass for me even though I'm a huge fan of Behemoth's work.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I can't comment on quality at all, but i'm wondering if it's going to bomb due to lack of clear marketing of the game. If it has as much of a multiplayer focus as it looks, it's a definite pass for me even though I'm a huge fan of Behemoth's work.[/QUOTE]

I think smothering the beta testers with a non-disclosure agreement with the game due for release less than a month out is going to come back to kick Behemoth in the ass. They would really benefit from conversation more involved than "I liked it" or "I didn't like it."

The multiplayer in BBT is some of the most fun I've had on my Xbox in years. Couple that in with the ability to create your own levels to share and play online, the replayability is amazing.

And the co-op... man playing this with a buddy is A BLAST.

But whatever, to each their own.

[quote name='HunteR7411']yes, but its not under apps. i believe you have to search under the games tab.[/QUOTE]unless i'm missing something, i don't see an option to download it anymore, even after clicking the sales&specials icon in the games section

[quote name='chicken_soup_2']unless i'm missing something, i don't see an option to download it anymore, even after clicking the sales&specials icon in the games section[/QUOTE]
It hasn't been updated in weeks now. I Dare say it's probably dead by now.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I didn't see this mentioned in here but saw it on X360A. There's a Spring Sale happening from March 26 to April 2. The teaser page shows 5 sales items in each category: XBLA, GonD, DLC and movies. I hope Microsoft keeps up these non-DOTW/publisher/event sales to make up for the loss of the S&S+ app.[/QUOTE]
The HTML is identical to Xbox Marketing's format, the comments within are all American/US English, it uses web-fonts from a Seattle-based typographer, and such a large swath of regions indicates it's more than likely going to be worldwide. That's enough reasons for me to put it in the OP! :)

Oh, and did you also see (within the CSS) that there's a 1-day "April Fools Deal" promotion ... the following badge will replace the "up to 75% off" text on the sign in the upper-left corner:
2f8872a6-94bf-403a-9f6c-4ede0a8770a0.png

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's a good point, unannounced does sound better. But if a game is confirmed by a developer or publisher to get a price drop, I'll probably start listing it under "Announced" rather than "Unannounced".[/QUOTE]
I'm fine with that as well. Therefore, while adding the *RUMORED* Spring Sale to the OP, I've tweaked the "Markdown" header to include "PSN, dev/pub, etc" under "Announced" ... and "Unannounced" will remain just Xbox.com scrapes.

Tried Giana Sisters demo - a bit meh. It looks really good, but the controls are not that responsive. The game has some really weird problem - when you launch it, you get disconnected from XBL and cannot connect again, unless you get back to dashboard o_O. Load times also are really long for such a game. Pass for now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't have a Kinect when Haunt was free. Anyone think it's worth 320 MSP?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much what I was gonna say, so I'm gonna bump it. Really shows that if something's ever free, get it in your purchase history regardless, was worth it for Wreckateer.

Anyways, I was going to post my impressions of Scott Pilgrim's DLC the other day (took me 2 play sessions over 2 days to clean up the achievements) but you all pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Speaking of Ubisoft published stuff, this sale, while having some goodies if you haven't bought them already (BG&E HD, Rayman 3, and kinda Outland, HIGHLY recommended), I feel like this was the bare minimum effort and could have been better (including From Dust at 50% off (finally!) and the DLC for M&M and Mad Riders would have been a start).

Not to mention they really shot themselves in the foot for not offering Scott Pilgrim for half-off, been seeing ads for the new add-on all over the Dashboard, why wouldn't you incentivize the purchase?

Lastly, I can't help but be impressed by Cornelius and his deciphering of the page. Well done.

Edit: I take responsibility for the green text in the OP. I noticed a good amount of people in the thread care about achievements (as I do), so I thought maybe we could include a note as to any DLCs (on sale, not price-dropped) that include them for the unaware. This system probably could use some refining, but I figured that was a start.

[quote name='JMusic']Outland seemed like it should be a great game but then it never quite "hooked" me when I tried the demo a while back. Maybe I'll give the demo another go cause the game does look like it should be fun.[/QUOTE]

If the demo doesn't grab you, the full game likely won't. I love Metroidvanias but Outland was just missing something critical that made it less engaging. I wish I could put my finger on the essential but missing ingredient. :whistle2:k

[quote name='skonson']... it was fairly slow and boring. I played it for like 2 hours and felt like I was still being taught the game mechanics which drove me crazy ... Try the demo first if u prefer a more action-packed game.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember a ton of hand holding but it does pick up, certainly in terms of challenge. Although I think it always shows you what to do and where to go which can be a bit annoying. Its pace really isn't atypical for a Metroidvania. If anything it has less backtracking than most.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Pretty much what I was gonna say, so I'm gonna bump it. Really shows that if something's ever free, get it in your purchase history regardless, was worth it for Wreckateer.[/QUOTE]

True, but the problem with Haunt was that it was only free through the Kinect Central hub on the dashboard, and that hub is only accessible when you have a Kinect plugged into the 360.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Edit: I take responsibility for the green text in the OP. I noticed a good amount of people in the thread care about achievements (as I do), so I thought maybe we could include a note as to any DLCs (on sale, not price-dropped) that include them for the unaware. This system probably could use some refining, but I figured that was a start.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the effort, but I personally don't think it's necessary. I'm a minimalist when it comes to the OP, I think it's important to post all the deals with as little clutter as possible. That's just my 2 cents, I'm sure others probably disagree with me.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I appreciate the effort, but I personally don't think it's necessary. I'm a minimalist when it comes to the OP, I think it's important to post all the deals with as little clutter as possible. That's just my 2 cents, I'm sure others probably disagree with me.[/QUOTE]

Achievements help me assess whether or not I want to splurge on DLC, especially when my stock of points is low, so I think it's a neat idea personally. It'd probably be better implemented with asterisks and a note tucked away toward the bottom, much in the way Games on Demand MSP purchases are noted.

Speaking of clutter in the OP, I don't think GoW1 being included with Judgment belongs in the thread at all, but what do I know?
EDIT: heh, looks like someone removed it! Fancy that. The OP is kinda sloppy but I just don't have the time to blow on it that I did several weeks/months ago...

[quote name='the Gooseler']Anybody play Might and Magic? The demo was fun but is the rest of the game still good? Also would it be better to get the Xbla or NDS version?[/QUOTE]
It's a fantastic game that anybody that enjoys SRPGs and puzzle games should check out. The DS version had a low print run, so I'd suggest just getting the XBLA version for $7.50.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']I played the Battleblock beta and its cute but all of its focus is almost online. its ok but not worth 1200 for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, another closed beta tester here and I completely agree with you.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']hmm, tempted for Outland, wish it was 75% off:/[/QUOTE]

Just get it. It's worth every penny. The design and gameplay was epic. It's my favorite XBLA game among the many XBLA gems out there.

Outland gets pretty difficult, but it has some very unique gameplay and the animation is incredible. And from what I have experienced, the achievements are difficult.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I appreciate the effort, but I personally don't think it's necessary. I'm a minimalist when it comes to the OP, I think it's important to post all the deals with as little clutter as possible. That's just my 2 cents, I'm sure others probably disagree with me.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that. I think you guys have done a good job organizing a lot of information without it getting cluttered. The achievement notes are a little much.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I'll second that. I think you guys have done a good job organizing a lot of information without it getting cluttered. The achievement notes are a little much.[/QUOTE]

I do like noting if DLC has achievements or not, since that's usually the first thing I check before buying. Maybe expand on the color-coded key concept for additional notes instead of cluttering up each item line with unnecessary text?

* =
icon5.gif
Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points?

= Achievements Included
* = Included within retail GOTY version

... etc.

You could place the key at the top of the post & remove the redundant text throughout the post. I'd tinker with it myself but I'm not yet brave enough to start editing wiki posts.

I didn't realize that the AC:Rev DLC had achievements. I've always assumed all the AC dlc just had extra content w/o achievements. Thanks for letting me know.
Now I am seriously considering picking up some DLC even though I still haven't touched my copies of the first 4 AC games. DAMIT!!!!!

[quote name='tylerh1701'] I appreciate the effort, but I personally don't think it's necessary. I'm a minimalist when it comes to the OP, I think it's important to post all the deals with as little clutter as possible. That's just my 2 cents, I'm sure others probably disagree with me.[/QUOTE] I'll 3'rd that. Sorry :(

There's tons of sites on the web with that kind of info. I come here to spend as little money as possible on my hobby. I'll Google the details if i'm really interested in a title/DLC on sale.

I added "Judgment" only because it was a new announcement at the time, and deals on GoW DLC & Games on Demand were still flying around the Marketplace.

I'm in agreement on withholding achievements ... let's do 1 thing & do it well, though I think the layout still serves us well, since we have all sorts of qualifiers to track (gold-only, open to everyone, markdowns, app-specific deals). Some extra white space "may help", or some kind of better section dividers, but at this point, we're already getting fairly creative with the limitations of BBcode. :)

[quote name='hufferstl']Outland gets pretty difficult, but it has some very unique gameplay and the animation is incredible. And from what I have experienced, the achievements are difficult.[/QUOTE]

One part was "rage quit" quality difficult for me. After my thousandth try, I quit, then deleted it from my hdd. Few weeks pass and tried again one early morning (insomnia) and was successful. I've never been so mad at a game and enjoyed beating it at the same time. That means something for me.

Wait, does that mean I'd love Dark Souls? Probably.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']One part was "rage quit" quality difficult for me. After my thousandth try, I quit, then deleted it from my hdd. Few weeks pass and tried again one early morning (insomnia) and was successful. I've never been so mad at a game and enjoyed beating it at the same time. That means something for me.

Wait, does that mean I'd love Dark Souls? Probably.[/QUOTE]
Are we talking about the dragon boss? That took me like a solid two to three hours to beat. I Think the final boss(es?) took me about an hour. Totally had fun with it though.

^I'd assume one of those 2 parts are exactly what he was talking about. Both are memorable for being very challenging, but it made beating them even more enjoyable.
The dragon one was especially frustrating for me because there was about a minute of platforming right before the fight that had to be repeated on every retry. That part wasn't as much fun.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I didn't have a Kinect when Haunt was free. Anyone think it's worth 320 MSP?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Pretty much what I was gonna say, so I'm gonna bump it. Really shows that if something's ever free, get it in your purchase history regardless, was worth it for Wreckateer.
[/QUOTE]

Have you guys played the demo? Once I played the demo I immediately picked it up for 400, I think? It went on sale only a week--two weeks?--before it went free on Kinect Central, and I did not regret missing out on saving the points. It has the humor of kids shows from when I was a young (only Phineas & Ferb can compare to the same level of obvious/smart 'wompwomp' style from what little TV of that genre I've seen in recent days, it's hard to describe besides to say "slighly-sarcastic." I need to add I didn't get terribly far into the game before a wave carried it out to the backlog seas, but unless it goes terribly south or incredibly repetitious after the first couple parts, I can't see how it's not worth $3.

[quote name='nCogNeato']I do like noting if DLC has achievements or not, since that's usually the first thing I check before buying. Maybe expand on the color-coded key concept for additional notes instead of cluttering up each item line with unnecessary text?

* =
icon5.gif

= Achievements Included

... etc.
[/QUOTE]
I had very similar thoughts when it first came up for debate. Where as, there's much to say about a simplified OP, I'm also all-for less needless & repetitious questions throughout the thread (as many know of me already :cool:); transparency ftw. And what's one more colored symbol at the end of a deal title anyway?

[quote name='fatboyjam']I'll second that. I think you guys have done a good job organizing a lot of information without it getting cluttered. The achievement notes are a little much.[/QUOTE]

I don't think a few asterisks * and a one or two-line description buried in the post are any more cluttering than either:
*Price drops from February - nice to know about, but I think most of us prefer to spend our points on temporary bargains
*Sales & Specials info - if the app really is defunct now, this is a HUGE waste of space... time will tell

We could easily leave a note at the top of the first post to direct readers to a key guide in the second post, and this could have the added benefit of not cluttering the first post with the "Want to buy Games on Demand with Microsoft Points?" that sometimes finds itself repeated in three or four different spots in the OP. (Granted, this is more of an annoyance to an editor than it is to the reader, being hidden behind spoiler tags)

Here is another vote for achievement info being added, although with an ass trick or color code to keep the clutter down. A good example of it being helpful was when all that Sleeping Dogs stuff was on sale and most of it was just skins. Most of us bought Nightmare because it had achievements.

[quote name='nCogNeato']
* =
icon5.gif

= Achievements Included

... etc.
[/QUOTE]

The notes were too much but I like this idea. It would keep the OP cleanish and Sanges99's point about eliminating redundant questions about achievements is a good one.

[quote name='hearsaybear']I vote for adding achievement info.[/QUOTE]
I also like to know if a DLC has achievements or not. It's useful information, though there are sites for that and anyways, it's a question frequently asked and answered through the thread.

[quote name='fatboyjam']The notes were too much but I like this idea. It would keep the OP cleanish and Sanges99's point about eliminating redundant questions about achievements is a good one.[/QUOTE]
There will always be questions about things that are already answered in the OP.

[quote name='Sanges99']Have you guys played the demo? Once I played the demo I immediately picked it up for 400, I think? It went on sale only a week--two weeks?--before it went free on Kinect Central, and I did not regret missing out on saving the points. It has the humor of kids shows from when I was a young (only Phineas & Ferb can compare to the same level of obvious/smart 'wompwomp' style from what little TV of that genre I've seen in recent days, it's hard to describe besides to say "slighly-sarcastic." I need to add I didn't get terribly far into the game before a wave carried it out to the backlog seas, but unless it goes terribly south or incredibly repetitious after the first couple parts, I can't see how it's not worth $3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll definitely be checking out the demo soon, but I always like to hear what the CAG community thinks about the games.

Also appreciate all the feedback on the OP guys.

Having achievements tied to DLC makes a BIG difference in my purchasing decisions. I like chievos :) That said, absolutely nothing for me this week since I've been a CAG for years now and this week is all repeats

Yes it is.

I got it free when they had that deal (had to make a US account because apparently us Canadians are too far away for these deals :roll: ).

I played it for a good 2-3 hours and enjoyed it. Unfortunately, now my Kinect's broken and I can't play it anymore. :cry:

I see no need for achievement info in the OP, I want to see the deals not their gamerscores. If you're really curious about a DLC just look it up on x360a

I updated the main post to include this week's Scratch & Match prize. Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I just won and it's Super Ninja Training from the Fierce Moves collection.

Holy crap, how have I not heard about Outland before? It looks like Ikaruga's fast-paced color changes and bullet dodging, combined with platforming and combat similar to Dust: An Elysian Tale's. I loved both for those elements, and I love a good challenge, so what do you guys think? Is Outland worth $5?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Holy crap, how have I not heard about Outland before? It looks like Ikaruga's fast-paced color changes and bullet dodging, combined with platforming and combat similar to Dust: An Elysian Tale's. I loved both for those elements, and I love a good challenge, so what do you guys think? Is Outland worth $5?[/QUOTE]

Yep it was worth every point at 800 spacebucks.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I see no need for achievement info in the OP, I want to see the deals not their gamerscores. If you're really curious about a DLC just look it up on x360a[/QUOTE]

Here's another vote for keeping achievements out. I like unlocking them as much as the next person but this is not why I come to this site. I just want to know what's on sale and how much I'm saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back