XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerh1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

7/2 - 7/8 ... Borderlands DLC

7/9 - 7/15 ... Dishonored and Metal Gear Rising DLC and More

• Dishonored Games on Demand - Price Unknown
    DLC - The Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off)
  • DLC - Void Walkers Arsenal - 160 MSP (50% off)

[*]Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC
  • Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off)
  • Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)
  • Bladewolf  - 320 MSP (43% off)

[*]XBLA - Battle: Los Angeles - 400 MSP (50% off)

• Confirmed as future free games: Halo 3

Sales & Specials: Open to Everyone!
NOTE ... if the start & end dates are not well-defined, ACT FAST! since these
"sales" could end anytime. However, they may also be permanent markdowns.

Ultimate Game One Day Sales:

7/2 ... Day One:

7/3 ... Day Two:

7/4 ... Day Three:

7/5 ... Day Four: (will last through 7/7)

7/2 - 7/8 ... Ultimate Games Persistent Sales:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Kinect Central sales

7/2 - ??? ... Unannounced Rocksmith DLC Markdowns

7/2 - ??? ... Other Unannounced Markdowns

7/2 - 7/8 ... Robocop and Fast and Furious Avatar Sale

• Please check the avatar store on your Xbox 360 for more information

7/9 - 7/15 ... Just Dance 4

• Price and content unknown

Monthly Marketplace Markdowns
Announced ... as confirmed on the Xbox 360's own dashboard, or corroborated from other sources (PSN, dev/pub, etc).

Unannounced ... from Xbox.com scrapes. *These may or may not be permanent, so judge accordingly.

Unannounced Price Drops for July:

* =  Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points? [customspoiler="GonD with MSP"]
Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency.

Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow:
confirmation.jpg

On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page.

The more you know....[/customspoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't decide if I want to part ways with my physical copy of The Orange Box.  I've had it since day one and it's one of the longest tenured games in my library although the only game in it I ever beat was Portal...  decisions, decisions.

Better $5 game on sale: Bulletstorm or crysis???
Bulletstorm is much more fun. I happily played through the end of Bulletstorm, but couldn't bring myself to get more than a few hours into Crysis. In my opinion the Crysis series has always put too much emphasis on graphical prowess and not enough on creating a fun experience.

Crysis I'd say. You also have to consider that it's only available digital so less sales. While Bulletstorm is $10 used and only gonna go down
That's good reasoning. I'd say in terms of which game had the better gameplay, I'd say Bulletstorm. I hit a wall 3/4 of the way through the Crysis campaign as I got a little bored, so it took me a while to finish it. I was completely hooked on Bulletstorm from start to finish.

7 for the final day? It may be the "finale" but thats still more than any other day. Now I cant bite on Orange Box or Witcher till I know prices for tomorrow. Ive got 6000 points, but gotta be sure

Witcher 2 for 800 points? F'n sold!

Also, I better buy that 120 GB HDD soon.

I own Crysis on PSN (never played it) and Crysis 2 on 360 (beat it but was not blown away by it). Is Crysis 3 worth $20??? I know I can wait for it to be $10 retail, but will it get there? I currently have 9,200 points, so that would leave me with 7,600. I just don't know if it is worth it at all...

I agree..............Orange Box for $5 should be a no brainer for those that don't have it.  I am contemplating getting it digital even though I have it physical.  I am thinking about blowing all of my MS points as I don't think I will be on the next MS platform (still on the fence).

Bulletstorm is much more fun. I happily played through the end of Bulletstorm, but couldn't bring myself to get more than a few hours into Crysis. In my opinion the Crysis series has always put too much emphasis on graphical prowess and not enough on creating a fun experience.
Amen. Bulletstorm was the more "fun" game for me. Crysis was a technical tour-de-force and solid game, but not as much fun to me.

I own Crysis on PSN (never played it) and Crysis 2 on 360 (beat it but was not blown away by it). Is Crysis 3 worth $20??? I know I can wait for it to be $10 retail, but will it get there? I currently have 9,200 points, so that would leave me with 7,600. I just don't know if it is worth it at all...
It'll definitely hit $10 by the fall. The campaign in the third installment was much much shorter than the first two.

I loved BL1, one of my favorite games of this gen, but I held off on BL2 at launch. Picked it up for $10 though.

Any BL2 vets wanna rank the DLC for me?

Tiny Tina > Captain Scarlett > Mr. Torgue > Hammerlock
That would be my order as well, although remember that Tiny Tina just came out and isn't on sale yet.

Scarlett - Longest other than Tiny Tina, and pretty funny at times.

Torgue - Not as long as Scarlett, but perhaps even more humorous.

Hammerlock - The shortest by far, very colorless and dull.

Tiny Tina - The best by far, the longest by far, and the most entertaining with some fantastic fan service.

You have to be at least level 15 before playing Scarlett or Torgue, and you have to have completed at least the first playthrough to play Hammerlock or Tiny Tina. Having said this, all DLC scales to your level once you start it.

Bulletstorm is totally worth it just for the moment where our beloved FemShep tells us she's going to kill our dick.
Or that's the moment when I say screw this game, I refuse to play something so sophomoric, even when I can buy it used for $2.

So far I bought Divinity 2 and Borderlands 2, even though we already have two copies of BL2. Now I'll be able to play it coop with both of my brothers. I think I'll get Lego Batman 2 tonight, and I'll consider Monopoly, but probably pass.

I'm definitely buying the Orange Box for $5, even though I already own it on disc, I may have to buy Left 4 Dead 2 even though I have it on disc also, again for coop.

I bit. $5 for one of the top ranked games of this gen per metacritc. Only 3.92 GB for anyone wondering.
Nice - that actually does matter since it won't take up a ton of space at least. I might buy it now just because of the size (as I do already have a disc copy).

Was hoping on a better price for Crysis 3. At $20 I'll wait for a physical copy. I hope Tomb Raider and MGR are under $20. Then MS can get my money! Debating Orange Box for $5 since I already have a PS3 physical disk and on the PC.

I love reading this thread and seeing reviews. I check it about every hour (during this sale, not everyday lol) and there's normally a couple pages of new reading material each time. I love CAG reviews over all other reviews cuz we tend to focus on fun "for the dollar." In addition, I've bought games solely of CAGs calling something a "must buy" and haven't been let down. Castlevania: SotN and El Shaddai come to mind as some of the recent ones.

Today, Orange Box and Witcher 2 are added to my list of games bought on CAG peer pressure. Thanks guys.

Or that's the moment when I say screw this game, I refuse to play something so sophomoric, even when I can buy it used for $2.
Yet, I see you playing Borderlands 2, which I just started myself. Just a few quotes I heard from a Goliath that made me cringe while playing:

"Get on your god damn knees!"

"I'm going to rip you a THIRD ASSHOLE!"

"Fear your master, bitches!"

Any of these quotes can easily be looked at in an immature light. The first one especially was repeated over and over. Sure, BL2 isn't as dudebro-y as BL2, but both are definitely far from a mature title. Which, personally I prefer a game that doesn't take itself too seriously, ie I like Saints Row more than GTA. But, I digress, just wanted to point out that you should at least call it both ways. In the end though, it's really just a game.

I guess I'll contemplate Witcher 2 for the night then. Will probably just wait until tomorrow and hope for a major discount on Gears and Bioshock. If not, might try WWE 13, haven't played one of those titles in a while.

I just recently found out that my TOB disc got scratched to hell in storage. But with only 800 MSP left, if Tomb Raider (possible) or MGR (not gonna happen) hit $10, I think I'll bite on one of those. If not, TOB and Bulletstorm it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back