XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought all the halo 3 dlc cos i'm a tool

i hate discs for impulse games like that and i haven't even played halo in a looong ass time but i have a lot of credit left, and honestly every week it gets harder for me to find things to spend it on due to 1) me already owning almost everything i give a shit about on the service coupled with 2) anything that's on PC i'd probably rather get on steam unless there's some kind of advantage to having it on xbox (ie more multiplayers online, split screen) so i bought them knowing full well that all i wanna play is GTA so i won't touch it for at least a long ass time, lol

Why's the "anyone" in quotes? I would think most fans have most of the maps except maybe for Mythic 2, which was at first exclusive to the multiplayer disc in ODST. I haven't finished downloading H3 yet so I can't verify, but my friend says that it wouldn't let him play in certain playlists because it said you needed all of the map packs in order to do so.

"Anyone" was in quotes because clearly at least one person had the map packs because they just said they bought them. LOL. So I meant that as "most people". It was an intentional exaggeration.

I guess the ODST disc makes the difference. They need to do that for Halo 4, then.

OH HAI GAIS I'M GONNA TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME PLAYSTATION PLUS IS IN YER SEXBAWKS THREAD... *GLEE*

that's how I usually read those posts. That's fine and dandy but when Sony can give Microsoft a run for their money, active user wise, please let me know. I have bing points ill give you.

Otherwise... It's a pretty basic and simple use of economics... Sony wants more users, so they offer great deals on PS+; whereas, Microsoft DOESN'T have a care in the world if anyone new signs up or not because the bank they rake it is retarded huge when compare to Sony. Why give shit out if you don't have to?

Sony is that crackhead on the street willing to do anything for another hit, Microsoft is the crack dealer that knows he is going to beat you for more than what you expected BUT you need your fix so you deal with it.

This is the end of my pot and morning rage induced rant...

Please add me if you want to play RSV or H3 btw... I'm always for playing some older games.

I guess I'm the anomaly. I bought all the Halo 3 DLC (though a good amount has been free) about 2 years back during a Microsoft Publisher sale, even though I'd get ODST down the line when it was <$10 (which I did about 4 months ago).

Why? To have the convenience of both physical and digital, and to be able to dualbox for boosting, of course! Worth every penny, I can even quadruplebox now if I want to (physical copy + digital copy on home console + physical copy of ODST disk 2 + digital copy on foreign console under my gamertag), but one of those wouldn't have the DLC.

Worth every penny.

I was hoping for this. It's good business sense going into the future with PS+ being mandatory online. Now that the services'll be compared side-by-side instead of PSN getting leniency because free online, Microsoft needs a PS+ alternative.

Except PSN's game selection is infinitely better.
Well, it wasn't that great to begin with (and we are in the early stages of Games for Gold), and with PS+ being mandatory for online, I wouldn't be too surprised if the quality of the game selection started to drop.

This is more or less what happened. Once upon a time, Microsoft had the "brilliant" idea to fund an online infrastructure (back when it was a novel idea) with individual subscription fees. It was wildly successful, and they carried it into the next-generation of consoles. Sony saw this, and how people continued to subscribe and pay increasing amounts per year, and wondered how it could get in on the action, even though one of the PS3's selling points was free online (Sony seems to be following a contrarian model). Since people had free online, and sure as shit weren't going to suddenly start paying for it, considering how gimped it is in comparison to Xbox Live, Sony had to find a way to get people to want to do annual subscriptions.

And thus PS+ was born! An almost too good-to-be-true source of "free" games! But, Sony wondered, what if people only subscribe for certain months in the year for the current month's offerings? How does one limit people getting free games on the cheap? Make the service mandatory for the continued usage of the games! Genius move, indeed. Not only do you keep subscription levels to rival Xbox Live without providing costly improvements to your online infrastructure (and continue to support the notion of free online so as to not make your current customers feel betrayed), which means you can put all that subscription money towards securing the "best" game selection possible, you can hold digital libraries hostage to ensure subscription renewals, and (the smartest move at all), you get people used to the idea of a yearly subscription so that when the next console rolls around, guess what? You can finally implement that PAID ONLINE (that you were so against last generation) and make all the dough that M$ does, without your consumer base feeling too cheated. Mission accomplished!

Games for Gold is by no means immune to criticism, but it's ONLY because of their game selection. They don't keep your digital library hostage, and they don't ask for any more money than they already have. It's definitely a program intended to recover subscription #s lost by PS+ (which means they're not going to dump that much money into the program since they have far less to gain), but there's NO STRINGS ATTACHED. Which is fantastic. To be fair though, I have several problems with Xbox Live, but none of these have anything to do with Games for Gold. The addition of Home Gold in the upcoming months definitely helps the Xbox Live cause though.

tl;dr Let's not forget both companies are out to screw the consumer in every which way they can, and end this PS+ worship. Now that the services will be on equal footing at the release of next gen, we'll see which service ends up being better.

Edit: Juice's comparison is basically spot-on, just add all the details that I mentioned in this post.

That is great news. Any free games are better than none. I don't even mind when they are games I already have physical copies of, as it gives me the option of just booting it up from the dashboard without having to go to my garage (where I keep my games stashed) and find the game itself.

Games with Gold will be extended indefinitely for the Xbox 360. Hopefully this means overall better title in the future.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/xbox-360-games-with-gold-promotion-extended-indefinitely#disqus_thread

Edit: Weird but I did not see the post above. Sorry but this already covered.
SWEET!! I've always wondered what's it like to play games made in 2006 and 2007! Free games ftw!

GTA V is now available through Games on Demand.

(link)

$59.99, initial install is 7.63 GB, and there's another install once the game is started for a total of 16 GB.

I'm always up for free games. Yet I have yet to play any of the free games we've gotten from this promo. Free game backlog (both here and PSN).

GTA V is now available through Games on Demand.

(link)

$59.99, initial install is 7.63 GB, and there's another install once the game is started for a total of 16 GB.
I wonder if it has issues like the PSN version supposedly does, since the game seems to be designed to play from optical disc?

I wonder if it has issues like the PSN version supposedly does, since the game seems to be designed to play from optical disc?
You know, I've been playing GTAV off the disc on my 360 because of Rockstar's recommendation. Over the weekend, my friend told me he installed the game and plays it off the hd. I asked and he said he hasn't noticed any issues. So I installed my game on the hd and have been playing it off the hd instead of the disc for the past week. I don't notice any difference at all (aside from not having to hear the disc spin in the console).

I just started playing Crackdown and am learning the systems. Anyone have tips for maximizing enjoyment of this game? Should I just run around and kill gang leaders (I've killed 2 so far) or is any of the side stuff worth doing? Should I focus on collecting tons of orbs right away to improve jump distance? Are the vehicles as pointless as they seem? Also, does killing gang leaders clear areas of the map for exploration, or do guys just infinitely respawn everywhere anyway? Thanks for any tips.

There's been some video comparisons of GTA V on and off disc and they show there being some significant issues. Pop-in and stuff like that much worse. But I wouldn't know firsthand - I don't own the game.

There's been some video comparisons of GTA V on and off disc and they show there being some significant issues. Pop-in and stuff like that much worse. But I wouldn't know firsthand - I don't own the game.
Yup. I saw those videos as well, which is why I had previously been playing off the disc. But those issues weren't noticeable at all over the past week when I've been playing single player and online off the hd. Maybe it varies from console to console? Idk. (I have a slim, btw, if that makes a difference.)

Otherwise... It's a pretty basic and simple use of economics... Sony wants more users, so they offer great deals on PS+; whereas, Microsoft DOESN'T have a care in the world if anyone new signs up or not because the bank they rake it is retarded huge when compare to Sony. Why give shit out if you don't have to?

Sony is that crackhead on the street willing to do anything for another hit, Microsoft is the crack dealer that knows he is going to beat you for more than what you expected BUT you need your fix so you deal with it.
I guarantee you Microsoft doesn't feel that way at all about the 360, and if they did they'd be in real trouble. Yes Microsoft rakes in money and is too big to fail at this point, but that's not thanks to the Xbox 360. Revenue wise, I can't imagine that, worldwide, the Xbox 360 does all that much better than the PS3.

Microsoft does way better than Sony, but it's not fair to compare those two companies when we're only talking about console gaming here. Thinking MS doesn't care if anyone new signs up for Xbox Live Gold is just foolish.

And infinitely not yours to keep either. This is from a PS+ member also.
Sorry but I still have to role my eyes at this. Obviously at this point I'm biased in favor of Sony, so I guess take what I say with a grain of salt. But everyone I know who has Xbox Live Gold has had it for years and years and years and never lets it lapse. There's no reason to think the same can't be said of PS+, especially now that PS+ will be required for multiplayer. Keep your subscription active and the games are yours indefinitely, well at least until servers shut down but then the same can be said about Games with Gold.

That's great news but that also means even more 32 GB Sticks to buy lol, if only I could use the full capacity of my External HDDs some TB would be good enough haha

And if you specifically get Gold for the games it'd be $2.50/game on avg, less if you get a live deal.
This is a good point. Even though some of these games haven't been of the highest caliber, I don't think you could have gotten any of them for less than $2.50 a pop.

It's fun how you can't even mention you like Sony's service better around here without being attacked by Xbox defenders. Hey, sorry I don't get high and play FPS games with my bros so PSN+ is clearly the better service across the board. I guess a bunch of you should come to the defense of the other thieving corporation with all the reasons why my opinion is somehow wrong.

Get off it. Everyone games in different ways and for different reasons, you don't get to tell anyone what's better or worse for them. You don't get to tell them how to define their "ownership" of digital titles either. Someone like tyler can pretty clearly define to you why that is true for microsoft as well. Stop attacking other gamers in defense of a corporation that would bend over backwards to leach away your money as best and as nefariously as it could.

This is a good point. Even though some of these games haven't been of the highest caliber, I don't think you could have gotten any of them for less than $2.50 a pop.
Rainbow Six Vegas is .99 actually. I just saw that yesterday LoL

Wow, that is fucking awesome news that the games with gold will continue. I know they say indefinitely, but I'd assume that's only 2-3 years max just because in 3 years I don't expect to see many 360s on the store shelves.

Now my question is: How will MS approach the XB1 with games with gold? Sony's going one indie game a month with PSN+, hell I'd take some indie games for free.

This also means I'll be buying a lot less games next year, not that I was planning much for the 360 anyways (Dark Souls 2, and Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2. That's it so far).

It's fun how you can't even mention you like Sony's service better around here without being attacked by Xbox defenders. Hey, sorry I don't get high and play FPS games with my bros so PSN+ is clearly the better service across the board. I guess a bunch of you should come to the defense of the other thieving corporation with all the reasons why my opinion is somehow wrong.

Get off it. Everyone games in different ways and for different reasons, you don't get to tell anyone what's better or worse for them. You don't get to tell them how to define their "ownership" of digital titles either. Someone like tyler can pretty clearly define to you why that is true for microsoft as well. Stop attacking other gamers in defense of a corporation that would bend over backwards to leach away your money as best and as nefariously as it could.
Except the person who brought it up was clearly baiting the thread. People were saying the free games were "better than nothing." What does PSN/the better service have to do with anything? Also thanks for generalizing us as FPS bro gamers who get high, that's definitely not attacking anyone.

Now my question is: How will MS approach the XB1 with games with gold? Sony's going one indie game a month with PSN+, hell I'd take some indie games for free.
I don't know about that. Have you been to the Indie Games section of the dashboard? It's like the parts of Youtube that you do not want to find.

I am genuinely excited that Games With Gold is permanent. Looks like I need to get a new HD somehow... my current one ain't going to cut it.

Ridiculously good news. I really don't care what Sony does. I don't care what Sony fans say. I don't care what games Sony has on theirs. At the end of the day I paid for my Gold subscription for other reasons and *not* expecting free games, and I now will be getting more of them.

I don't know about that. Have you been to the Indie Games section of the dashboard? It's like the parts of Youtube that you do not want to find.
Except MS has already stated that Indie games will not be handled in at all the same way on XBoxOne.

I'm ecstatic (sp?) that Games with Gold will continue. Up until this month's Halo 3, I hadn't played a single one. Well actually I still haven't, but eventually I'll get to them and I have 95GB free to stock up some more. Keep em coming!

Yay, more of a reason to keep Gold. I was just going to live off 48 hour trials when I would want to play online, because I don't as of lately, but I'll keep investing in Gold until GWG stops.

Huzzah to more free games in the future. I have to give credit to Microsoft for not copying the PS+ freebies in the past. Come on free Dance Central.

Along with Storm, I also purchased Capsized at $5. It reminds me of Terraria with less digging and with clearer objectives. I like how you can use a tractor beam to move objects, a jet for navigate around, or just blast wreckage to get through a level. I'm not sure how rescuing people works but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it in the full game version.

Between those and free Halo 3, I'd say this turned to be a pretty good week.

I'm ecstatic (sp?) that Games with Gold will continue. Up until this month's Halo 3, I hadn't played a single one. Well actually I still haven't, but eventually I'll get to them and I have 95GB free to stock up some more. Keep em coming!
You have more free GB than I have total available GB (I only have a 80GB HD, because I never foresaw myself beginning to loathe discs like I do).

To anyone, is the 320GB the max size HD you can get?

well at least until servers shut down but then the same can be said about Games with Gold.
To be fair, if PS+ shuts down you will lose all those games. If the Xbox 360 servers shut down, you will still have all the free games you got with this promo, because access to them is not tied to a subscription. You can still play them offline. If they are primarily onilne games, obviously that doesn't matter, but if you want to revisit Assassin's Creed II single player, have at it.

You have more free GB than I have total available GB (I only have a 80GB HD, because I never foresaw myself beginning to loathe discs like I do).

To anyone, is the 320GB the max size HD you can get?
You mean 60gb? And yes, I have 2gb left on my 320gb and not a single disc install. Halo 3 ate up my last portion.

The thing about GWG is that they give sequels (like AC2, DR2, Fable 3) that make me go out and get their prequels and if applicable, sequels as well to complete the story. I've not started attacking them but when I do, I'll need AC1 (finally) DR and Fable 2 before I play them. I'm weird like that. I'll probably stay with my 360 for a couple more years before moving onto XB1. I'll be behind again but that'll only mean that launch titles should be cheap at that point.

I really hope they keep at the sequels and release Gears 2. I already have Gears 1 and Gears 3 GoD and really want them all :D

You mean 60gb? And yes, I have 2gb left on my 320gb and not a single disc install. Halo 3 ate up my last portion.
Probably I guess. Either way, I now realize it's too small for me.

My wife bought the HD as a present a few Christmases ago to go along with the 360 Arcade console I'd got for stupid-cheap from Wal-Mart on a whim a couple of months earlier (I went to get a late-night limited deal on some other electronics, and for some stupid reason the 360's were on a stupid deal, but just sitting around with nobody buying them and no line waiting, so I nabbed one). I wasn't going to complain that my wife had the foresight to get me a HD for it at all.

What I wouldn't give to just be able to buy a TB drive and stick everything on it. I know MS loses some extra *hardware* sales that way, but I'd also imagine they'd sell more CONTENT that way too.

Why complain about being attacked with an attack?

There are plenty of places to discuss PSN vs XBL. This thread doesn't need to be one of them as there is absolutely no benefit to the discussion here.

This is pretty good news with this extension who knows what games will be next.

Condemned,Fear 1,maybe even something like Banjo-Kazooie,Lego Batman theres so many to choose from

Yes, 320GB is the largest size available. You can also add 2 32GB USB drives to add a little more storage.

But it's all too small. I wish they would just open it up.
Safe to say first one to just open it up for storage sizes wins the next round at this point? With digital content growing more and more of a presence, it's got to happen eventually.

This is pretty good news with this extension who knows what games will be next.

Condemned,Fear 1,maybe even something like Banjo-Kazooie,Lego Batman theres so many to choose from
Banjo-Kazooie was free in South Africa while we got Rainbow Six Vegas, and Shadowrun was free in Germany/Japan while we got Crackdown. Resident Evil Code Veronica X was free in Japan/UAE while we got Dead Rising 2. All are high candidates on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back