XBL Deals: Horror'ific Games on Demand (Gold) | SHOCKTOBER Sale (All) | FREE Gold Games: 10/16 Halo 3 | Forza Horizon 50% Off | COMMUNITY EVENT | MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the USA. This includes the Deal of the Week, KINECT Central sale item(s), and any other 3rd-party sales or promotions. We have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases in the 2nd post. Most sales are for one week. Feel free to post if you see anything not listed here.

Please note:

• You cannot currently buy anything on xbox.com using your account balance, you can only use an active credit card or Paypal. To use your balance, you must make purchases on your console.
  • All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. Major Nelson usually updates us with new sales information every other Tuesday. When offers are validated by Moderators, it will be added to the OP as time permits.
  • ALL OFFERS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! No information within this thread can or should be construed as accurate (or still valid), therefore ...
  • Always verify Xbox Live Marketplace prices before your purchase!
  • Some sales are intended for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY, as noted within each section.
  • Spend wisely, have fun, and enjoy!

10/29 - 11/4 ... Horror'ific Games on Demand

[*]Games on Demand - Dead Island - Gold Price: $9.99 - 50% off - xbldb ... this is NOT the GOTY edition.
[*]Games on Demand - Prey - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness - Gold Price: $4.99 - 75% off - xbldb
[*]Games on Demand - The Darkness II - Gold Price: $7.49 - 75% off - xbldb

Free Games:

Sales related to the Free Games:

10/22 - 11/4 ... Spooky XBLA & Games on Demand:

Extended Sales:

Weekly Rocksmith DLC Markdowns:
Week of 10/15 - 10/21 ...

Week of 10/22 - 11/4 ...

• ???

Announced Price Drops for October:

• ???
Unannounced Price Drops for October:

Other Unannounced Markdowns:

Last edited by a moderator:
1350715785657.png
LOL! Nice.

If anyone wants to buy Microsoft Points from Amazon, there is still one link working, the 1200 point option, branded for Black Ops 2, but it's digital anyhow.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-LIVE-1200-Microsoft-Points/dp/B00DQAJG4C/r

When GameStop was ditching there's about a month and a half ago, the only one still up at the time was the 800 point gamertag change one and it worked fine.

Newegg still has their Microsoft Points up.

Not that hard to understand....

Is the arcade game, Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime worth $2.49?

And I am not a Ghostbusters fan or anything, so I wouldn't be buying it simply because it's Ghostbusters media alone.

Is it fun? Is the gameplay good? Do I need to know anything about Ghostbusters to play it?
If you look at Bar's original post, they bolded the part that they were expressing suprise at; the fact you hadn't seen Ghostbusters yet. I highly recommend you check it out, it's on Instant Netflix.

If you look at Bar's original post, they bolded the part that they were expressing suprise at; the fact you hadn't seen Ghostbusters yet. I highly recommend you check it out, it's on Instant Netflix.

Also Crackle (no sub needes) :D

For god's sake, get off this forum and go watch Ghostbusters.

...says the 35-year-old who has still never seen Back to the Future. Despite currently owning the blu-ray set. And the DVD set before that. And having rented it on VHS in 2001.  :whistle2:(

OK, never mind. Don't take advice from me.

It's not even worth $0.49. Avoid this steaming pile of :censored: at all costs.
I got $0.49 worth of twinstick-shooter enjoyment out of it, but quit after 3 levels. The game has idiotic achievements like "watched all the tiny text storyline slowly scroll up the screen without any audio, and you resisted hitting buttons to skip the boredom". But if you have $2.49+tax burning a hole in your pocket, I will confidently say it's better than "Death By Cube". :rofl:

BTW, I'm sorry if I keep mentioning it, but I've purchased 10+ times in the past from CrazyGameTime, and have NEVER had a bad transaction, and nearly instant delivery via email. And yes, some of the codes like 1200pt are not USA-region-locked. ;)

In other news ... hmmm, the wiki flag got turned off. Time to go report back to CheapyD ... :whistle2:(

Well I hate Dan Akroyd and I'm not a fan of Bill Murray soooo, yeah.

I should've said, I have zero interest in seeing the films either

Metro 2033 got Marked down to $19.99 (Finally) and Dead Island Riptide to $39.99 which will also have a sale Next week for 50% off so it might be $19.99.

...says the 35-year-old who has still never seen Back to the Future. Despite currently owning the blu-ray set. And the DVD set before that. And having rented it on VHS in 2001. :whistle2:(

That's worth a temporary ban from one of the mods. :p

Sanctum of Slime stinks. It wasn't worth the free price on some marketplace a couple of years back. I enjoyed the Ghostbusters game that's 7.49 but part of that was me being a fan of the franchise.

After reading these posts....I can totally agree on the game being crappy, But, honestly,  ..WHY U NNO HAD A STAY_PUFT!?@?@?!!.

...says the 35-year-old who has still never seen Back to the Future. Despite currently owning the blu-ray set. And the DVD set before that. And having rented it on VHS in 2001. :whistle2:(

This is deeply disturbing. Do you realize that in 2 years we will be in the future year of BTTF2? Make sure you watch before then or we may create some time paradox issue.

Well I hate Dan Akroyd and I'm not a fan of Bill Murray soooo, yeah.

I should've said, I have zero interest in seeing the films either

..... I've never seen the Rocky movies .... or Rambo.
SCANNERS-GIF-01.gif

I Bet none of you have seen Scanners as well...

fuck yeah Scanners! Just rewatched it this month. That and Videodrome, what a weird WEIRD movie, lets see a game based on that.

Will bite on Forza having never played one, watched a review and it looks pretty great.

Maybe a stupid question, but do I need to buy 400 Days from within the first episode or can I buy it from the marketplace as long as the first episode's installed?

For anyone picking up Forza this week, sync your game up with http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net. It's like the Halo Waypoint app in that it tracks your progress over all your Forza games, granting you rewards like money and extra cars, and earning rewards in one game grants you perks in others, including the upcoming Forza 5.

With Forza Rewards, you can earn points doing the things you love to do in Forza games – including racking up miles on track, earning Forza Xbox Live achievements, and much more. As you play, you’ll earn points and level up into new Forza Rewards tiers. Each month, Forza players will earn in-game rewards across eligible Forza games including Forza Motorsport 5 when the game launches later this year. These gifts could include cars, credits, and tokens and will be redeemable on a regular basis. The higher your Forza Rewards tier, the better the rewards you’ll receive!

That's it, turn in your 80's card, you're outta here.

For anyone picking up Forza this week, sync your game up with http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net. It's like the Halo Waypoint app in that it tracks your progress over all your Forza games, granting you rewards like money and extra cars, and earning rewards in one game grants you perks in others, including the upcoming Forza 5.
Thanks for this!! I'm not particularly driven to completion by any means, but it's nice to take advantage of these types of additions. Forza Horizon is a game I haven't even concerned myself with 'reviewing'. It's just gorgeous, fast, and fun. The Cruisin' USA nod was a nice bit of nostalgia :applause:. We all must be on the same wavelength with both games as I was just recommending it to an acquaintance a couple days ago based on that notion.

The soundtrack is actually pretty decent despite my tendency to avoid more modern playlists. When the house is vacant, or I'm going overboard w/ my son as co-pilot, it definitely works my 'oldies-but-goodies' Logitech z-5500s.

Forza Horizon is finally down to the BF price of last year! Only took them 11 months.

Either way, if you're an arcade racer fan, definitely pick it up. I wasn't a fan of the original Forza series(not a sim-racing fan) but this one surprised me.

As for me, I can finally pick up the remaining DLC for Most Wanted :D

Forza Horizon is finally down to the BF price of last year! Only took them 11 months.

Either way, if you're an arcade racer fan, definitely pick it up. I wasn't a fan of the original Forza series(not a sim-racing fan) but this one surprised me.

As for me, I can finally pick up the remaining DLC for Most Wanted :D
They actually dropped it to $15 back in July.

Is there any reason for someone who is generally a NON-racing gamer to bite on NFS or Forza?  I generally don't do racing games, so I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Whew, finally done with OP for a while. I'm sorry it was late, I didn't wake up early enough before I had to leave yesterday.

As for jury duty yesterday, the guy took a plea before we were even interviewed as jurors (I still have my juror questionnaire sheet), so I was only there 5 hours. But I don't mind, I got the full day's pay, and it still counts as service (I got the stamped paper to prove it). And I didn't even have to pull off anything crazy to get disqualified.

Truth be told, on our lunch break in the courthouse, I was so dreadfully bored I tried to get on this site from one of their computers and see if I could do some edits. Unfortunately, this site (probably because of the title) and pretty much all gaming sites (Majornelson even!) were filtered. But SlickDeals wasn't. Government conspiring with SlickDeals? Who knows?

I hope the OP stays a wiki this time. In the meantime, feel free to send me semi-serious suggestions. I got my first one today, and even though I have to deny it, I still appreciate feedback.

Also, Scanners is a woefully underappreciated movie. But maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a horror buff. This really is my favourite month for movies. :)

I'm still waiting on a DLC sale for Forza Horizon. Has that ever happened? Will that ever happen? As far as I know, the season pass has never been lower than $50, which is absurd now that the game itself is down to $15 (I got it for $10 last BF, so I'm definitely not paying full price for add-ons).

I can't remember, was there a Black Friday sale last year?
And when is Black Friday, being in Canada we don't have Black Friday

Black Friday is the 29th.  Yes there were Black Friday deals last year.  I recall being disappointed...

EDIT: I recalled correctly:

2012 XBL Black Friday One Day Sales

2012 XBL Cyber Monday One Day Sales

2012 XBL November Holiday Sales

Only thing I bought from the whole sale was Rock Band Blitz.  I do remember the daily sales during the Xmas Holiday season were way better though.  Everything from Summer of Arcade was 50% off.  Bet you guys can't wait for that to happen again!  *crickets*

Well I like others will be picking up TWD: 400 Days. I've been tempted by it being on sale everywhere else, but wanted to keep it with S1 which I have on 360, so it looks like my patience paid off ^_^

If one went this route, enjoy using a VPN everytime you want something. As an American on a Canadian account, it's a pain. I'll have to do it when I migrate to Japan, but at least there's tons of Japanese VPNs... as far as UAE VPNs? Hahahaha. :whee:

Nice. Nothing can go wrong when acquiring content from foreign marketplaces.

Tyler out of respect for your run in with MS I won't LMFAO at your sarcastic remark :)

Nice. Nothing can go wrong when acquiring content from foreign marketplaces.

Tyler out of respect for your run in with MS I won't LMFAO at your sarcastic remark :)

Is there any reason for someone who is generally a NON-racing gamer to bite on NFS or Forza? I generally don't do racing games, so I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.
forza has some playground games like tag that are kind of fun, and exploring the world gets you some new cars and discounts. it's a really pretty world. NFS absolutely not. honestly i'd just play some races in gta online and call it a day if you just want to race a little bit and don't really want to have a racing game.

Black Friday is the 29th. Yes there were Black Friday deals last year. I recall being disappointed...

EDIT: I recalled correctly:

2012 XBL Black Friday One Day Sales

2012 XBL Cyber Monday One Day Sales

2012 XBL November Holiday Sales

Only thing I bought from the whole sale was Rock Band Blitz. I do remember the daily sales during the Xmas Holiday season were way better though. Everything from Summer of Arcade was 50% off. Bet you guys can't wait for that to happen again! *crickets*
Ahh I remember now. I only got Quantum Conundrum off the sale.

I do remember the Christmas sales were much better last year.

Maybe this year's will be better?? :pray:

Ahh I remember now. I only got Quantum Conundrum off the sale.

I do remember the Christmas sales were much better last year.

Maybe this year's will be better?? :pray:
I hope they fix purchasing on the web site by then. Don't want to add payment options to my account, and not sure if I want to take my 360 up to my parents' that week (or the week of Christmas).

Forza Horizon is great. Much better than the sim ones for me. I'd consider getting the download version so it's always available, but we are out of space. :(

Then again, I probably have the Horizon disc installed. Hmm.... Well, I'm too broke and I already have the game on disc, so I guess I'll just stick with that.

Picked up the Deluxe DLC Bundle for Need for Speed: MW and was taxed even though it took it from the credit on my Microsoft account. Haven't been taxed until this purchase when using the money from my account and even though it was only 4% or so still pretty lame.

I hope they fix purchasing on the web site by then. Don't want to add payment options to my account, and not sure if I want to take my 360 up to my parents' that week (or the week of Christmas).
Me too.

I have cash on my account, not a Paypal/credit card linked so I really hope they do fix the site's problem by then.

Look, I know I'm in the minority for not wanting anything achievement related in the OP but....please not that font color. Please....just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back