XBL DotW & Sales 2012 | 5/1 BF3 DLC (DotW) | More

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This includes the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you see anything not listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

All known sales and information on sales are in the OP. If some information on here is wrong or missing please shoot me a PM so I can adjust the OP!

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

[quote name='reddjoey']This thread is growing a bit too big so we need a new one.

Please move the DOTW discussion here.
[/QUOTE]

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
48 Hours Gold trials and free Gold weekends won't get you the sale price.

5/1 - Battlefield 3

DLC:
-Back to Karkland - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic (83)

5/8 - Tom Clancy's Sale

DLC:

Endwar
-Escalation Expansion Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
-Chapter 2 - 300 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

GRAW 2
-Co-op Collection - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look
-Co-op Collection 2 - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Splinter Cell Conviction
-Deniable Ops: Insurgency - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X.
-Air Supremacy - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

H.A.W.X. 2
-All in One Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

Games on Demand:
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory - 600 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb - Metacritic ( ) - Quick Look

-Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op Outfit (Male/Female) - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - xbldb

Family Gold Pack Deal:

5/1 - Nin2-Jump

XBLA:
-Nin2-Jump - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off -xbldb - Metacritic (??) - Quick Look

Misc Sales:

Xbox Sales & Specials Page

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here ever stay up to see the deals post? (well, for Spylon's site to catch the deals.) Just wondering.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Thankfully you can just go to raptr.com/yourusername and see your stats (or anyone else's stats) that way.[/QUOTE]

Great tip, thanks. Now that it has populated all my achievements, my profile looks a lot better.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Thankfully you can just go to raptr.com/yourusername and see your stats (or anyone else's stats) that way.[/QUOTE]

Great tip, thanks. Now that it has populated all my achievements, my profile looks a lot better.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone here ever stay up to see the deals post? (well, for Spylon's site to catch the deals.) Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I do sometimes, but I leave this thread around Midnight just incase anything pops before I go to sleep.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone here ever stay up to see the deals post? (well, for Spylon's site to catch the deals.) Just wondering.
[/QUOTE]

I generally just pop in the morning after and get to business. I figured since I was still up I'd check in before crashing, but its off to bed for me now. Work early. :oldman:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone here ever stay up to see the deals post? (well, for Spylon's site to catch the deals.) Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I used to. Then I got that white collar "makes use of your degree" job and I have to be out the door by 7:30 at the latest which means bed by 10. (I know I'm up past my bed time as it is-trust me I'm going to bed right now!)

[quote name='tylerh1701']Does anyone here ever stay up to see the deals post? (well, for Spylon's site to catch the deals.)[/QUOTE]
Maaaaaaybe........ :) Every Monday and Thursday night I don't sleep well due to DotW and Rock Band announcements the following morning. Well, every other Monday night.

But yeah. Just woke up at 2:30 due to being anxious for the next two week's worth of deals. Nothing yet!!

I just checked xbldb. Gold exclusives look to be Fable 3 related. I love Fable but its like a year and a half old. That's just....not very exciting. Need to see Majors two week breakdown.

Yep, Fable 3 content:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...est-Pack/7f0078a0-6eda-4ff6-ba81-ae3fa6cd9dcb

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...est-Pack/9cd8f238-a93e-4ef1-bad2-758e66c328e0

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/P...reed-Set/d8ff4a39-304f-44a6-853b-9f3fc69b034c

zzzzz.jpg

[quote name='shivan128']Here's to another week of disappointment! Hopefully they add something else to the weekly deals.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget this week will be released Alan Wake AN. This explains the crappy deals. Same will be until House Party promo ends.

[quote name='GUNNM']SHIT I might just buy CVX at full price at this point[/QUOTE]

CVX? What's that?

Oh and shitty DLC week. How about some XBLA games microsoft?!?

I actually thought the Fable 3 Traitor's Keep DLC was decent.

You know, last time it was on sale in the past couple months and I bought it. Jeez, how about some new stuff?

From the Major

Feb 21 – Feb 27

Fable III Traitor’s Keep Quest Pack 320 (43% off)
Fable III Understone Quest Pack 220 (45% off)
Fable III Dog Breed Set 140 (42% off)
Fable III Reaver Industries Premium Theme 160 (33% off)
Border Collie 160 (33% off)

Feb 28 – Mar 5

Gears of War 3 RAAM’s Shadow: Pack 2 800 (33% off)
Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack 560 (30% off)
Gears of War 3 Weapon Skin Collection: Launch Collection 1800 (50% off)
Weapon Skin Bundle – Haze Set 160 (33% off)
Weapon Skin Bundle – Thunderstorm Animated Set 160 (50% off)
Cover Barrier 200 (38% off)
Berserker Pet 120 (50% off)

[quote name='immortalfireboy']From the Major

Feb 21 – Feb 27

Feb 28 – Mar 5

Berserker Pet 120 (50% off)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will check this thread in a few weeks time then. Nothing for me next week either.

Feb 21 – Feb 27

Feb 28 – Mar 5

I just traded for GoW3, so you'd think this would be exciting stuff for me. Problem is that I have yet to even play the first two GoWs in my collection, and this stuff has "multiplayer" written all over it. I guess I'll just pickup the house party games.

Thanks to this website, many got the haze set for free. Kinda wack dotw. Traitor's keep is a good buy, but be warned many of the achievements are about collecting books.

Feb 21 – Feb 27

Feb 28 – Mar 5

What a fucking lame set of repeat dlc. I know a few people who wanted just the RAAM's Shadow for GoW3, but even then they won't bite at 33% reduced for 800 points. They'll hold out even longer......guess I'll be back March 6th this same time. Ah well

[quote name='ooga']I just traded for GoW3, so you'd think this would be exciting stuff for me. Problem is that I have yet to even play the first two GoWs in my collection, and this stuff has "multiplayer" written all over it. I guess I'll just pickup the house party games.[/QUOTE]

I believe Raam's Shadow actually adds new campaign content. But you really should hurry up and start on the series already.

[quote name='creech42']Has the Fable III DLC been on sale before? Is it worth the $7?[/QUOTE]

Several times, yes. I'm sure people will chime in with more details, but I believe Traitor's Keep (which adds extra Achievements) is the more substantial and worthwhile one.

[quote name='GUNNM']SHIT I might just buy CVX at full price at this point[/QUOTE]

Same here... RE4 and CVX is mine now, tired of waiting.

[quote name='eastx']I believe Raam's Shadow actually adds new campaign content. But you really should hurry up and start on the series already.[/QUOTE]

I have many reasons why I can't. Check spoiler below. I've really only played 4-5 games. Isn't that sad?
007 Quantum of Solace
Alan Wake LE
Assassins Creed 1, 2, Brotherhood
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY
Bayonetta
Bioshock 1, 2 LE
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
Blue Dragon
Borderlands GOTY
Brutal Legend
Bulletstorm
Bully
Call of Duty 4: MW
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine LE
Civilization Revolutions
Dante's Inferno
Dark Sector
Darksiders
Dead Rising
Deathsmiles LE
Devil may cry 4
Dragon Age 1 GOTY, 2
Duke Nukem Forever
Enslaved
Eternal Sonata
Fable 2, 3
Fallout 3 GOTY, New Vegas
Gears of War Triple pack
GTA 4, Episodes from Liberty City
Guitar Hero: Metallica, Aerosmith, Warriros of Rock
Halo 3 LE
Kameo
Kinect Adventures
LA Noir
Lego Indiana Jones Original Adventures
Lost Planet
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mass Effect 2
Mortal Kombat
MK vs DC Universe
Oblivion GOTY
Orange Box
Overlord
Plants vs Zombies
Portal 2
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Rayman Origins
Red Dead Redemption
Rockband 1, 2, 3, Lego, Beatles
Rumble Roses XX
Saboteur
Sega Superstar Tennis
Simpsons game
Splatterhouse
Sonic's ultimate genesis collection
Soulcalibur 4, 5
Starwars Force Unleashed 2 LE
Super Street Fighter 4
Splinter Cell Conviction
Tales of Vesperia
Trials/Limbo/Splosionman Triple pack
Viva Pinata

[quote name='creech42']Has the Fable III DLC been on sale before? Is it worth the $7?[/QUOTE]

320 points isn't $7, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Having recently finished Fable 3 for the 1000, I might pick up Traitor's Keep just because.

[quote name='Dustinator']Maaaaaaybe........ :) Every Monday and Thursday night I don't sleep well due to DotW and Rock Band announcements the following morning. Well, every other Monday night.

But yeah. Just woke up at 2:30 due to being anxious for the next two week's worth of deals. Nothing yet!![/QUOTE]

I'll admit that I've had rough night's sleep too on a Monday before the DotW announcements. I think we may have a bit of a problem haha. Luckily, I slept very well last night. My subconscience must have known it would be shitty deals announced.

And whoever predicted BFBC2 and Bioshock 2 DLC, I am now sad that we didn't get that, so I could have picked up Minerva's Den.

[quote name='nnthomas']320 points isn't $7, unless I'm reading this wrong.

Having recently finished Fable 3 for the 1000, I might pick up Traitor's Keep just because.[/QUOTE]

I meant both of these:

However, I didn't realize that Understone has no achievements.

Managed to snag the Nightwing dlc for Arkham City for last weeks DOTW as it was still up.

Pass for the next two weeks though, at least I can save my money for the new Alan Wake XBLA game out tomorrow. :D

[quote name='infamy']Same here... RE4 and CVX is mine now, tired of waiting.[/QUOTE]
eh yeah I'm tired of waiting for a sale and next week is more garbage might as well get 5% back

[quote name='Dustinator']What a fucking lame set of repeat dlc. I know a few people who wanted just the RAAM's Shadow for GoW3, but even then they won't bite at 33% reduced for 800 points. They'll hold out even longer......guess I'll be back March 6th this same time. Ah well[/QUOTE]
Lame repeats is right. Traitor's Keep is a pretty substantial piece of DLC though, definitely worth it if you enjoyed Fable III and especially if you're looking to finish off the 1250.

Might as well wait until next week's DOTW is posted, but I'm probably also going to bite on RE4. Debating on Crysis as well, but may pass on that considering how often EA has sales, I might just hope that it pops in on one of those.

Probably going to browse the XBLA catalog as well and see if anything interests me. There is the risk of a permanent price drop, but at the same time, if it's never been on sale, what are the odds of it ever happening?

Edit: Didn't realize the deal was already posted.

Feb 21 – Feb 27

Feb 28 – Mar 5

Thanks so much, I neede to know the deals for the rest of February. Now I know I can go wild with my Microsoft Points on the odd DLC and XBLA titles which has a minimal chance of being featured on a sale to take advantage of the 5% rebate reward offer, unless there are some great surprise single day sales. Due to my backlog, which includes the two previous Fable games (with the Lost Chapters) and Gears games, these two upcoming deal weeks are of games I hope will see a complete/platinum edition with the DLC. The weapon skins complete pack feels expensive to me. There is one more week of house party which coincides with a DotW, along with the current trend, I'd guess Forza 4 DLC after our known upcoming deals. This is why I love this thread, keeps me informed to make my purchasing decisions easier.

For XBLA, I think i spent the most time on Castlevania HD, met lots of nice people through that. If not that game, I did spend a bit of time on Super Meat Boy, I aimed to get a top 300 time on each stage at the time I played (probably fell by now), and I did finish all the side "warp zones" so I did spend a few hours on that as well.

Achievements are fun goals, doesn't bother me if I miss them, but I try to get them as nature intended (no guides, no boosting). They are nice conversation pieces, but most of my play doesn't revolve around achievements. Then again, I do see it as a feature to re-get some old games I already have, I'm looking at you Sonic CD for XBLA (ideal price on release, but you are a Sonic game and you will have to go on sale sometime).

Now that I am feeling liberated to spend a bit on the Xbox Marketplace, but have little time with some games. I am starting to look at DLC for Moon Diver, Magnacarta 2, Carcassone, Catan, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. If you have experienced any of the aforementioned DLC, tell me about them, if they are worth it. I figured those are unlikely to see a sale soon and 5% is as good as I can hope for at this time. Your feedback helps me greatly.

EDIT: No! Stay strong fellow CAG, don't give in to paying full Games on Demand prices, you might encourage the Live team to continue offering weaker deals. However, I am still pondering Deathsmiles 2X and Crysis, but will remain vigilant for a sale or rewards offer. If you are buying a Games on Demand game this month and are part of the Xbox Live Rewards program, when the middle of next month arrives, tell me if your Games on Demand puchase qualified for 5% back. The fine print does not explicitly mention that type of puchase qualifies, so I am going to pass for now, but if this reward offer is presented again, I may get the games knowing if there's some rebate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JStryke']Probably going to browse the XBLA catalog as well and see if anything interests me. There is the risk of a permanent price drop, but at the same time, if it's never been on sale, what are the odds of it ever happening?[/QUOTE]
I really want to pick up Daytona USA but I just know that whenever I do it's going to be 400 the next week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I really want to pick up Daytona USA but I just know that whenever I do it's going to be 400 the next week.[/QUOTE]

Then do the rest of us a favor and pick it up now! :whistle2:D

[quote name='Crono-00']Now that I am feeling liberated to spend a bit on the Xbox Marketplace, but have little time with some games. I am starting to look at DLC for Moon Diver, Magnacarta 2, Carcassone, Catan, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. If you have experienced any of the aforementioned DLC, tell me about them, if they are worth it.[/QUOTE]
The Magna Carta 2 DLC is basically super-powered weapons that you can use from the start of the game, making it much easier. It also adds 240 points, but since you said you don't care about achievements and you're into experiencing games in a "pure" way, you should probably skip it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I really want to pick up Daytona USA but I just know that whenever I do it's going to be 400 the next week.[/QUOTE]

That's Sega, right? I would definitely wait on that one.

[quote name='Crono-00']There is one more week of house party which coincides with a DotW, along with the current trend, I'd guess Forza 4 DLC after our known upcoming deals.[/QUOTE]

Haha you're probably right. Either that or another game published by MS Game Studios. I'm guessing when they do a sale on a MS Game Studios game they don't have to do any added work, like contacting the publisher about the sale. Lazy bastards.

In for Raam's Shadow next week. Almost bit on the season pass but I don't play enough multiplayer to make it worthwhile. I can get down with some more campaign though.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The Magna Carta 2 DLC is basically super-powered weapons that you can use from the start of the game, making it much easier. It also adds 240 points, but since you said you don't care about achievements and you're into experiencing games in a "pure" way, you should probably skip it.[/QUOTE]

There's also those story bits that come with the DLC that are seemingly held in their own vacuum.

[quote name='Crono-00']Now that I am feeling liberated to spend a bit on the Xbox Marketplace, but have little time with some games. I am starting to look at DLC for Moon Diver, Magnacarta 2, Carcassone, Catan, The Last Remnant, and Lost Odyssey. If you have experienced any of the aforementioned DLC, tell me about them, if they are worth it. I figured those are unlikely to see a sale soon and 5% is as good as I can hope for at this time. Your feedback helps me greatly.[/QUOTE]

The Carcassone DLC is all great, really adds to the strategy. I think they may have been on sale at some point, but I probably bought them full price because of my love of the game.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']In for Raam's Shadow next week. Almost bit on the season pass but I don't play enough multiplayer to make it worthwhile. I can get down with some more campaign though.[/QUOTE]

Raams shadow is better than the main campaign, lol.

Just realized I'm on pace to buy 12 games this year from XBLA (one a month), and spend a whopping $87 dollars. I hardly buy DLC, and own pretty much everything DLC-related that I want.

January - Orcs Must Die!
February - Crimson Alliance

DotW needs to step it up. Big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back