XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='exileinoblivion']Does anyone think costume quest will get cheaper? I'm having a had time pulling the trigger but with the dlc on sale it's tempting.[/QUOTE]

If you have a PS3 it's on sale starting tomorrow at the PSN store. It's the complete bundle for $7.50, or $3.75 for PS+ users. I was thinking of getting it here until I saw that.

Thank god I did not win the one time I actually wanted to lose lol! Does anyone actually win these? It doesn't really seem to be the odds are 1 in 20 IMO unless someone can say they won

[quote name='harry hood']any last second advice on toy soldiers? i'm leaning toward picking up the original over cold war...[/QUOTE]
Good choice. As I've mentioned before, I enjoyed the original a lot more.
[quote name='Whedon']Thanks to the swarm/quarrel discussion in this thread I tried the demos this afternoon...I happily paid the 200 for quarrel. I had never even heard of it until last night so thanks for being so chatty![/QUOTE]
Quarrel is pretty great. As for being chatty, that's what we do here (and what makes this thread a cut above the rest;)).
[quote name='gotdott']ill throw in a recommendation for metro...i went through it with throwing knives and silenced revolver [/QUOTE]
I found myself using my silenced revolver a lot too. The overall feeling of opressive claustrophobia kept me moving at a quiet, methodical pace.

[quote name='vantheman']Thank god I did not win the one time I actually wanted to lose lol! Does anyone actually win these? It doesn't really seem to be the odds are 1 in 20 IMO unless someone can say they won[/QUOTE]

You mean the Scratch and Match? You still get the losing deals even if you win. And the odds of winning vary depending on what the reward is. I won a zombie avatar pet.

[quote name='dirtyvu']Yeah, I was curious about Death Tank because of all the great reviews but got sticker shock at the price. And it's hasn't been on sale in forever. Don't know what they're thinking.

in XBLIG, I've only found one good artillery game but it's only local multiplayer. I want online multiplayer. If anyone knows a good simple XBLIG one with online, please let me know![/QUOTE]

It was on sale again recently on the Sales and Specials + app, but still at a discount price of 800MS, which is still much for me. What differentiation of Death Tank from other artillery games lies within its real-time actions by all players, which lends itself to a more twitch style game than one of measured decisions in a chill(axed) mood. Both styles are great with a good large group of friends. I too need the online features this game offers due to my friends being separated by distance. However, I cannot recommend my friends purchase as well until the game sees a significant discount (50% or more). I will also reserve the question of how active the online community for the game is until it does hit that significant sale I am looking for. I must admit it still looks great to me
[youtube]INrI6MilMu4[/youtube] especially with the madness demonstrated at the end of that video
. Yet, if there is a similarly styled, less costly XBLIG alternative with the online funtionality, I too am interested.

[quote name='loomis1975']I don't know if its been mentioned yet, but Xbox Live Rewards Staff threw a wet blanket on including Catherine in Horror-Themed October Rewards offer. Oh well, its still a decent price for Catherine by itself.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Cornelius and I got found in the wild outside of CAG. I feel so exposed. Now everyone can see:

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Don't be silly. There's no such thing as a CAG who gets around to their backlog. :lol:[/QUOTE]

But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.

[quote name='mightymek']If you have a PS3 it's on sale starting tomorrow at the PSN store. It's the complete bundle for $7.50, or $3.75 for PS+ users. I was thinking of getting it here until I saw that.[/QUOTE]

I did get Costume Quest and its DLC originally for the 360, and I feel it just exudes personality, and worth it at a bargain price just to experience its fresh setting/characters/dialogue (for video games). I even double dipped when my Playstation Plus membership gave it out for free last October. So the game has been cheaper on other platforms, but I don't think it had been offered for less on the Xbox platform yet and it has been on sale a few times already. Whatever your decision for platform to play it on, do so because the timing to play it is just right around now, also it will not sit in a backlog for long anyway since it is short for a completion.

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']You mean the Scratch and Match? You still get the losing deals even if you win. And the odds of winning vary depending on what the reward is. I won a zombie avatar pet.[/QUOTE]

I am still sure the one day I finally win something, it'll be something I didn't want. I was fearing that I was going to win that one week where it was the grill prop.

Anyway, off topic on avatar parts. Is there any way I can get Pinball FX2 to award me with the Pinball Wizard Robe again? I only recently got enough wizard points because I've finally purchased enough pinball tables (through all the sales we've had) to multiply my score enough to unlock it, but now the avatar item just doesn't work/update properly.

On-topic for sales, has Metro 2033 ever dropped in price anywhere to $15 or less (like a Best Buy sale I may have missed)? I ask since tomorrow's sale does tempt me to once again buy a non-exclusive to Games on Demand title (last one I got was Transformers: War for Cybertron not counting when Fable 2 was free). Aside from the nice GoD sale, I am anxious to know what will be the sales offered tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dustinator']Hey guys, I know it's Monday but.................what's the Deal of the Week? Has it been announced yet? I'm so confused......[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, but I wanted to say that I am in awe of your gamer score. You are hardcore!

[quote name='hexa']I wonder if Metro 2033 counts towards the horror theme.[/QUOTE]

That would be cool!

_____-

Can't wait for Metro!
Swarm worth 200 msp? - NOPE
How about Fable Heroes?

[quote name='harry hood']I have 810 points. I was thinking of nabbing the original and its 2 dlc, and picking up the sequel/dlc whenever it goes in sale in the future, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years from now, doesn't matter. I don't need both, the wait in between would keep it fresh for me since I like to play lots of different games.

thanks though, youve given some good info on the game this week, but ive heard from mostly you, who has pledged his love for the game. I was interested in what some others thought. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm positive that everyone else loves it as well. :)

You're logic is pretty good. Enjoy all of TS1 now and next time TS:CW goes on sale you can enjoy that one.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Swarm is the kind of game where the core gameplay idea is pretty cool, but the level design completely lets it down with mostly boring levels that all basically end with a bunch of explosions to decimate your swarm at the last moment. It only offers one or two really cool levels, which is a shame that the rest aren't up to that same level of quality.[/QUOTE]

The levels start to run together a little bit, but I definitely don't think it completely lets down the game. The challenge is still there throughout, and I personally feel that the gameplay is more than enough to make up for some repetitivity in the level design.

The bosses are stupid though.

[quote name='ooga']If I only had a nickle....[/QUOTE]

If I had a nickel every time someone had a "nickle", I could commission someone to pilot a crotch-powered time machine to visit tomorrow and find out what the DoTW will be 12 hours before it's announced.

Don't forget about Happy Wars. Haven't heard much about it, but it seems kinda cool. Feels like a 3-D PvP Castle Crashers Bonus Versus Mode...and it's free...and has 400 achievement points...

Happy Wars is a lot of fun, but it's having some matchmaking issues right now, so you might be better off waiting for those to get fixed. Currently it often takes way too long to find a game, and people sometimes get dropped during the matchmaking process, which is silly.

[quote name='eastx']Happy Wars is a lot of fun, but it's having some matchmaking issues right now, so you might be better off waiting for those to get fixed. Currently it often takes way too long to find a game, and people sometimes get dropped during the matchmaking process, which is silly.[/QUOTE]

That's just how the game is. I was still able to get 400/400.

Also, hit me up whenever you have time for Iron Brigade. It's pretty boring solo.

:cool:

[quote name='Kerig']If I had a nickel every time someone had a "nickle", I could commission someone to pilot a crotch-powered time machine to visit tomorrow and find out what the DoTW will be 12 hours before it's announced.

Don't forget about Happy Wars. Haven't heard much about it, but it seems kinda cool. Feels like a 3-D PvP Castle Crashers Bonus Versus Mode...and it's free...and has 400 achievement points...[/QUOTE]

It may be free to play but that didn't stop me from plopping 3000 Microsoft points into it rofl. Damn card packs are addicting...

[quote name='ooga']If I only had a nickle....[/QUOTE]
I don't think it's an unreasonable question, I often wanna ask this myself. IIRC There were a few times when we had a day or two advance notice of the next week's sales. When you only have a few hundred points to spend it helps to know, especially if you're on the fence about something.

[quote name='vantheman']Thank god I did not win the one time I actually wanted to lose lol! Does anyone actually win these? It doesn't really seem to be the odds are 1 in 20 IMO unless someone can say they won[/QUOTE]

Won an alien mask a few days ago.
Completely caught me off-guard after being so used to losing every day.

Yama, apparently the matchmaking in Happy Wars is going to be improved with a patch though. Heard it through the grapevine.

[quote name='Esphyrian']I don't think it's an unreasonable question, I often wanna ask this myself. IIRC There were a few times when we had a day or two advance notice of the next week's sales. When you only have a few hundred points to spend it helps to know, especially if you're on the fence about something.[/QUOTE]

And if we knew the next sale, it would be in the OP. Asking the same question over and over adds nothing to the thread, nor does asking it facetiously (ahem Dustinator).

"But complaining adds nothing either!"

Response: :booty:

[quote name='eastx']And if we knew the next sale, it would be in the OP.[/QUOTE] True. However, I've been following this thread everyday since July, and the OP doesn't always get updated right away after someone mentions a future sale. But luckily the previous weeks sales are still good in the very early am on Tuesday, so if one is on the fence they can buy at the last minute. ;)

Yeah, considering you can see Batman & Catwoman on the Special Offers tab, I'm gonna have to say it's a discount on Arkham City add-ons & possibly other stuff.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']Looks like some kind of batman content will be included in the deals this week[/QUOTE]
I don't mind the lame deal, we've been spoiled with a bounty of deals the past few weeks.

Scratch and Match Losers:
Hydrothunder Hurricane 600 MSP
Wrecked Revenge 600 MSP
Scrap Metal 600 MSP

Deal of the Week is all Batman related. Sorry, don't have time to write that up at the moment.

Batman: Arkham City $19.99 (33% off)
Catwoman Bundle 400 MSP (50% off)
Arkham Bundle 600 MSP (50% off)
Arkham City Skins Pack 200 MSP (50% off)
Challenge Map Pack 120 MSP (50% off)
Nightwing Bundle Pack 280 MSP (50% off)
Robin Bundle Pack 280 MSP (50% off)

[quote name='Kerig']If I had a nickel every time someone had a "nickle", I could commission someone to pilot a crotch-powered time machine to visit tomorrow and find out what the DoTW will be 12 hours before it's announced.

Don't forget about Happy Wars. Haven't heard much about it, but it seems kinda cool. Feels like a 3-D PvP Castle Crashers Bonus Versus Mode...and it's free...and has 400 achievement points...[/QUOTE]

Wait, you don't have to actually buy anything to earn the full 400?
I'm...I'm shocked and so happy at the same time. :shock::applause:

Damn, I figured they might put Harley's Revenge on sale with the rest of the Batman DLC. I have all the other DLC so it looks like only Metro for me this week.

[quote name='mikeja72']Scratch and Match Losers:
Wrecked Revenge 600 MSP
Scrap Metal 600 MSP

Deal of the Week is all Batman related. Sorry, don't have time to write that up at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I already have Hydro Thunder and Scrap Metal. Anyone have an opinion on Wrecked?

For the DOTW I'll wait to get the Batman GOTY for cheap later on.

Im thinking Ill buy Metro 2033 since I want it and heard the disc is expensive/hard to find.

While I tend to avoid buying XBLA games at launch I think I'll support Pid. Been hearing great things about it and want to support games like it assuming the reviews are positive.

Metro 2033 reviews mention some poorly done stealth parts which tend to ruin games for me since I'm not a fan of stealth at all in games. But that said I'm doing a second playthrough of Dishonored oddly enough. I think because Dishonored does stealth really well for me and because I know I can fight my way through whenever I choose.

I also play all my games with just subtitles and Metro 2033 apparently had some issues with strictly having cutscene or "important" subtitles. I though it was the game that didn't have them at all but I'm pretty sure that's Singularity.

All that equals me struggling with whether to buy the Captain Scarlett DLC for Borderlands 2 or give Metro a try. What are you folks thinking?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nice wonder whats in the THQ Sale. Also nice to see a SHocktober sale. If Metro is part of ths month's promo, this sale may be what I need to reach 3000.[/QUOTE]

Digging around on google, the only things I can find as xbla games published by thq are the following:
Apples to Apples
Costume Quest
Elements of Destruction
Nexuiz
Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Stacking
Voltron
Warhammer 40k: Kill Team

Since we just had the DF sale, I doubt we'll see back to back sales on Costume Quest and Stacking, and perhaps there will be some GoD / retail DLC in the sale as well.

[quote name='Ciffy']Digging around on google, the only things I can find as xbla games published by thq are the following:
Apples to Apples
Costume Quest
Elements of Destruction
Nexuiz
Red Faction: Battlegrounds
Stacking
Voltron
Warhammer 40k: Kill Team

Since we just had the DF sale, I doubt we'll see back to back sales on Costume Quest and Stacking, and perhaps there will be some GoD / retail DLC in the sale as well.[/QUOTE]

Hoping for 1/2 off saints row 3

[quote name='benjamouth']Dashboard update starts rolling out today, could care less about the new features but I hope they've improved the performance.[/QUOTE]

Caring_Continuum.jpg

[quote name='xbox_man']is all of the batman dlc, in the batman arkham city game of year edition[/QUOTE]
All of the DLC and Harley's Revenge is included in the Arkham City: GOTY Edition.

[quote name='biledriver']All that equals me struggling with whether to buy the Captain Scarlett DLC for Borderlands 2 or give Metro a try. What are you folks thinking?[/QUOTE]
Buy Metro 2033 since it's on sale, wait for the inevitable sale on Borderlands 2 DLC or the GOTY edition unless you have buddies that want to play through it now.

Just bit on Toy Soldiers DLC, as well as Cold War and its DLC now that I know the DOTW for the next two weeks holds nothing for me. Already owned the original TS from a code contest.

Here's to hoping that Shocktober Sales line up with at least some of my planned purchases for the October rebate.

Opinions on Wreckateer? I've heard decent things and am mildly interested. I'm really hoping to see Diabolical Pitch on sale soon. I enjoyed time I got with it at a buddies.

Damn, this sucks. If you look at the deals through the Sales app, it shows a picture of Harley from the Harley's Revenge dlc with a "Save 600" message on it, but the text says its for the Bundle pack. I was excited for about 5 seconds, then immediately disappointed :whistle2:(

0d8Ck.jpg

[quote name='Crono-00']Anyway, off topic on avatar parts. Is there any way I can get Pinball FX2 to award me with the Pinball Wizard Robe again? I only recently got enough wizard points because I've finally purchased enough pinball tables (through all the sales we've had) to multiply my score enough to unlock it, but now the avatar item just doesn't work/update properly.[/QUOTE]

HA, I just had the same problem last week! It just shows up as a gray square with an exclamation point in a circle, yeah? Here I thought my award didn't pop properly because I was on my secondary console which, for whatever reason, allows me to permanently have my profile saved to the 4gb internal memory but still allow me to play on my primary console's hdd without redownloading.

[quote name='mikeja72']Scratch and Match Losers:
Wrecked Revenge 600 MSP
Scrap Metal 600 MSP

Deal of the Week is all Batman related. Sorry, don't have time to write that up at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting. How is Wrecked: Revenge? Anybody play it?

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Just bit on Toy Soldiers DLC, as well as Cold War and its DLC now that I know the DOTW for the next two weeks holds nothing for me. Already owned the original TS from a code contest.

Here's to hoping that Shocktober Sales line up with at least some of my planned purchases for the October rebate.

Opinions on Wreckateer? I've heard decent things and am mildly interested. I'm really hoping to see Diabolical Pitch on sale soon. I enjoyed time I got with it at a buddies.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping Scarygirl makes it into the Shocktober sales.

[quote name='Sanges99']HA, I just had the same problem last week! It just shows up as a gray square with an exclamation point in a circle, yeah? Here I thought my award didn't pop properly because I was on my secondary console which, for whatever reason, allows me to permanently have my profile saved to the 4gb internal memory but still allow me to play on my primary console's hdd without redownloading.[/QUOTE]

Same here but had no console changing issues. The avatar award from FX2 simply just isn't there and doesn't work *shrugs*

Nothing to buy this week or the next for me since I already own everything that is not a steaming pile of crap from those sales. May pick up the new Keflings dlc though.

[quote name='biledriver']Same here but had no console changing issues. The avatar award from FX2 simply just isn't there and doesn't work *shrugs*[/QUOTE]

You can access it/wear it from xbox.com though...ran into the same problem myself.

I keep making fun of Zombie Driver HD, but the sad thing is that I'll probably pick it up at some point. Not tomorrow though.

Decided to buy 400 points from amazon and then purchased Happy Action Theater before price went up. Not really sure why. LOL. Hopefully it's $5 worth of entertainment. I have one still young nephew who will probably love it, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back