XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Sanges99']It just shows up as a gray square with an exclamation point in a circle[/QUOTE]

Usually the "circle gets an exclamation point" is the logo when it didn't fully download properly. Go into your HDD memory management section and delete the item. It might pop again for download once you play another round and get the appropriate score. Actually, I'm not exactly sure how to force a second download of an Avatar Award.

Wreckateer for 400 sounds like a good price. The demo was fun enough.

[quote name='Kerig']

Wreckateer for 400 sounds like a good price. The demo was fun enough.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how one can own Kinect and not have Wreckateer. It's definitely a top 3 title.

[quote name='ooga']I don't see how one can own Kinect and not have Wreckateer. It's definitely a top 3 title.[/QUOTE]

and the other 2 are... ? :roll:

[quote name='shivan128']This week allows me to rebuild msn points![/QUOTE]

indeed :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to buy 400 points from amazon and then purchased Happy Action Theater before price went up. Not really sure why. LOL. Hopefully it's $5 worth of entertainment. I have one still young nephew who will probably love it, so there's that.[/QUOTE]

Well worth it, although the novelty wears off pretty fast, great if you have kids. $5 is the right price. Easy Cheevos and counts as a Play Fit game if you are interested in that.

[quote name='johnpap']and the other 2 are... ? :roll:
[/QUOTE]

Dance Central, Child of Eden and Gunstringer for me. Haven't played wreckateer.. just noticed it was part of the sale last week. Oh well, it'll go on sale again some time this year.

I wanted to like Wreckateer, but for some reason in my play space it plays HORRIBLY. I don't know what the problem is, but it was incredibly frustrating. I may give the demo another try. Maybe there was too much clutter about....

Fruit Ninja Kinect is a top 3 for me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Nice wonder whats in the THQ Sale. Also nice to see a SHocktober sale. If Metro is part of ths month's promo, this sale may be what I need to reach 3000.[/QUOTE]

im fairly certain it is... which is awesome because i loved the demo for metro when it dropped a ways back. I also love owning Digital Media over Hardcopies any day.

I bought Ep 2, 3, and 4 of TWD which brought me to 1200 pts for the promo, if Metro is INDEED included on the list for reward eligible then im meeting my 2000 alot earlier than i thought i would be.

Also, by my own personal math, the the 300 pt refund... im only paying 500 MSP for Metro, which makes me feel even better.

So we dont know what the THQ sale has in store for us yet?

Also, wouldnt mind getting bioshock 1 or 2 for 800 msp next week. I loved the first so much, i havnt played since 2 dropped...

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Has anyone else had any issues with the sales items not showing up "on sale" thus far, all the batman stuff and metro 2033 are regular priced.[/QUOTE]

Theres always a period of delay when transitioning over to the new weeks sales. Thats why a lot of us wait till Tuesday mornings to make last minute decisions and purchases on the prior weeks sales.

[quote name='c2thaj']If you have a kinect, drop whatever you are doing and go purchase Wreckateer.

One of the very few reasons to actually use a kinect.[/QUOTE]

So Wreckateer was on sale last week? It shows up as 800 MSP.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']This week. Hasn't updated yet.[/QUOTE]

mikAR.png

[quote name='Gabrius']c'mon, BotS @ 400MSP!!!!

(please?)[/QUOTE]

whats BotS?

Im kicking myself for not knowing right now...

THQ deals still arent live either are they

[quote name='Dthib87']The marketplace hasn't updated yet for some reason. Usually goes through around 4am central.[/QUOTE]

They may be focused on rolling out the new dashboard to everyone.

[quote name='Thrinn']They may be focused on rolling out the new dashboard to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I believe they said they aren't rolling out that update all at once but region by region. However, it still might be mucking things up. This is one of the worst sales roll outs I've seen. Things are all jumbled up. I still have last week's sales with the batman header, but if I go to the sales app then it shows the batman deals. THQ section is up but the prices are still at full price.

[quote name='Freebird']THQ list :)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/Special-Sales
(saw a post with a link to it on the THQ Facebook page)[/QUOTE]

Sonuva.. MS won't let my points rest at all anymore. Its nice for a change to have someone worth purchasing rather than sitting as a king atop a moutain of digital currency but geeze I still need to fufill Octobers rewards and the sift through the Shocktober sale that I will undoubtedly fall victim too.

:hot: :cold:

[quote name='weeman43302']Damn, hopefully YDKJ goes 50% off like Metro. Would definitely pick that up as well. Maybe the Jack Packs as well. How good are those?[/QUOTE]

If it goes 50% off like Metro I'll be grabbing it and all the packs for sure.

nice, there's some promise there. definitely getting the warhammer dlc, and jack+dlc, if the prices are right. i would go for metro, but i shelled out for a disc copy a few months back. was getting harder to find.

[quote name='GregSal1']So Wreckateer was on sale last week? It shows up as 800 MSP.[/QUOTE][quote name='CAiNiACprime']This week. Hasn't updated yet.[/QUOTE]

Not only that, but it's a Kinect Central deal, and unless I'm mistaken, those only show up on your console by selecting it from an Xbox hooked up to a Kinect. I could be wrong there, but I think you need to buy it from the Kinect-connected console to get that deal

[quote name='weeman43302']Damn, hopefully YDKJ goes 50% off like Metro. Would definitely pick that up as well. Maybe the Jack Packs as well. How good are those?[/QUOTE]
The Jack Packs are definitely up to the quality of the on-disk episodes, writing-wise, they offer a lot of bang for your buck, and they have some pretty quick and satisfying achievements, if you're into that kind of thing.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that Jack Pack 2 is made up of questions from the web YDKJ that Jellyvision made a few years back (not the current Facebook game, but the beta thing that predated both that version and the Xbox/PS3 one). So if you played that older Jack, you might have played a few of those questions. Packs 1, 3, and 4 are all new content, though.

Probably slow because of the dashboard update being rolled out. Metro 2033 never seems to be available cheap, so I may pick it up for 800 points.

Hopefully a good deal on YDKJ. Snapped up the jack packs last time they were discounted, but still don't have the core game. Will also probably pick up Metro, especially if it qualifies for the October marketplace incentive. And, looking forward to another Shocktober sale.

Definitely will be picking up Metro 2033, if YDKJ is 50% or more I'll pick it and the packs up, might pick up Darksiders as well.

xbldb hasn't picked up anything other that one Batman AC DLC and a Activision music item.

I'll keep xbldb on an aggressive scanning schedule but it's up to MS to roll out the changes, it may 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM pacific before they fix it.

Yay for a sale on the Jack Packs. Got 2 of the 4 the last and only time they were ever on sale without having the game. Now that i have and completed the game and the two packs, I've been chomping for a sale on the other packs... was hoping for a new years / holiday sale, but this works for me! Definitely getting those assuming they're on sale for 300 or less (50% off would be amazing).

Anyone have any opinions on the Apples to Apples DLC? I have the main game in the backlog and it looks like the DLC does NOT add achievements... any opinions one way or the other on that?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Ugh...I came home on my lunch break to start the Metro 2033 download and it still hasn't updated. Come on Microsoft!!![/QUOTE]
Next time just leave your system on at home. You can just buy the game from the xbox.com marketplace, and it will start downloading at home for you.

i hope saints row goes less than $15 i was close to buying it when it was that price but the double collection costs 20 so it was too expensive, but $10 would be just fine. i would sell my YDKJ copy on ebay and buy the digi one instead if it's $10 as well. on that note how are the saints row 2 DLCs (although if the game doesn't hit 10 its a moot point lol)? do any of them make online multiplayer more fun (what im gonna do most)? servers are still up right?

[quote name='Decker']Not only that, but it's a Kinect Central deal, and unless I'm mistaken, those only show up on your console by selecting it from an Xbox hooked up to a Kinect. I could be wrong there, but I think you need to buy it from the Kinect-connected console to get that deal[/QUOTE]

Why would you buy Wreckateer if you didn't have a Kinect? :roll:

[quote name='yamayama']Why would you buy Wreckateer if you didn't have a Kinect? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Buy it while it's on sale because you are planning on getting a Kinect? People do it all the time with DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back