XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do they roll out the dashboard updates? Guess it's not by region. My roommate got his like 6 hours ago but my Xbox 10 feet away from his still hasn't gotten it.

[quote name='thenutman69321']How do they roll out the dashboard updates? Guess it's not by region. My roommate got his like 6 hours ago but my Xbox 10 feet away from his still hasn't gotten it.[/QUOTE]

If you was in the beta, your dash is already up to date. They just removed the beta tab.

I'm sure that this has been over discussed, but I got my eye on Metro 2033. Is it worth it to pick up a digital copy or should I still search for a physical copy priced under $20?

[quote name='URMonkeyTron']I'm sure that this has been over discussed, but I got my eye on Metro 2033. Is it worth it to pick up a digital copy or should I still search for a physical copy priced under $20?[/QUOTE]

Only you can answer that for yourself. 10 bucks is a great deal on Metro. The only part unclear is if you're fine with a digital copy or want to pay more for a disc.

[quote name='thenutman69321']How do they roll out the dashboard updates? Guess it's not by region. My roommate got his like 6 hours ago but my Xbox 10 feet away from his still hasn't gotten it.[/QUOTE]

If you want the update take his HDD and put it in yours. The latest update is on the HDD.

[quote name='Ciffy']
Anyone have any opinions on the Apples to Apples DLC? I have the main game in the backlog and it looks like the DLC does NOT add achievements... any opinions one way or the other on that?[/QUOTE]

The online for Apples to Apples is completely dead which is a damn shame since the game is so much fun when you have a group of six people with mics.

Last time it was DOTW the online community was packed for that week and I have to say it was the most fun I've ever had with any Xbox game online. Sadly, it died out really fast and was barren within a week.

As for the DLC, the golden cards in them are VERY cheap and will let you win Golden Apple Card games a little easier. There's one crazy cheap card called "Worm" that lets you win the game instantly! It always gets groans when played, so use at your own risk.

If someone in the game has the DLC but you don't, or vice versa, DLC cards will still show up in play.

[quote name='yamayama']Why would you buy Wreckateer if you didn't have a Kinect? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Even if you have a Kinect, some people might be out of town for the week or have a broken 360 or whatever. Most sale items are accessable via the web, but some aren't. I missed out on the last Forza DLC sale because it was a Scratch & Match loser offer and I was out of town that week.

@THQ Since you haven't decided on prices yet, I will give you 200msp for Voltron. And 20msp for Nexooeeeez.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']No more wiki op updates? If only i had more time cause man this thread used to rule with original op updates.[/QUOTE]

mikAR.png

I have Nexuiz. The community on it isn't completely dead yet. I got it for 200 (which i assume will be the price again) and it is well worth it.

Having played the demo to Voltron, i'd say it's worth about 200 too. But no more. There are much better shooters in that style.

Kill Team is pretty good as well. It's worth 400 for someone who likes that game style and worth 200 for anyone else, easily.

[quote name='DANIEL']does anyone know or have any idea when will Gears of war 3 dlc pass will be 50% off again?
thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I heard it will never be on sale or discounted again.

Since nobody mentioned anything about Wrecked: Revenge Revisited, I thought I'd post my impressions of the demo.

The demo is garbage. The devs apparently had no confidence in the single-player portion of the game, because you can't access it in the demo. The multiplayer is local or online, but online is obviously dead. I live alone so local doesn't work at all for me. I have 2 controllers, but the point of the game appears to be destroy or "screen out" the other vehicles, and since I screen out the player 2 controller after about 2 seconds of driving, I can't do anything to get a feel for the controls or gameplay. So essentially the demo is worthless to me.

Especially disappointing since I was kind of interested in the game. The reviews seem to suggest that the gameplay is alright, it's just extremely light on content.

I played the Wrecked demo during the launch week and managed to get matched into a race, but the two guys in it kept kicking me for no reason. They were the only two people playing the demo online, so that's the entirety of my experience with Wrecked. If you like racing games, there are many, many far better games out there to play at this point in the Xbox 360's life.

[quote name='DANIEL']Frisky are you being serious or just joking?[/QUOTE]
Joking because nobody here knows when it'll be on sale. If we did, you'd know about it.

[quote name='tylerh1701']You're memes are god-awful and you should feel god-awful. Please take it to Reddit or somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

14813382.jpg

[quote name='Genesis Knight']Any chances of Metal Slug XX ever going on sale again? I missed it earlier this year. :([/QUOTE]

IIRC that was the only time in the history of XBLA that SNK games went on sale. Chances might be slim for another sale. But who knows, if it happened before it could happen again.

[quote name='Blade']
14813382.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add a period at the end of you're your sentence.

[quote name='Thrinn']You forgot to add a period at the end of you're your sentence.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother spending time to make an image just to respond to an ignorant little bitch who just wants to troll me for posting about the lack of updates. I just Googled that one. ;)

[quote name='Juice el Savior']trying to bash/troll a senior and respected member of CAG huh?

Yeah youre cool bro...[/QUOTE]

*looks at join date*

I guess 2005 is more recent than 2011? I think I entered the idiot part of CAG...

What the Arkham Bundle offer looks like in the Sales & Specials + App:
xp0x6w.jpg
What Arkham Bundle and Harley Quinn's Revege DLC looks like on the website:
4kia89.jpg
I can't help but think they're trying to intentionally deceive someone who rushes into buying the Arkham Bundle thinking it includes the Harley DLC. I saw this thread knowing it wasn't on sale but was surprised that was the image used to represent the Arkham Bundle. It already irks me that they tell me how much I'll save without displaying how much I'll be paying unless I further go down the buying process. Or is it all just an honest mistake?

Guys, guys, hey, guys ... GUYS ... HEY! Guys, you're ... hey, you're gonna want to know ... HEY! You may want to know it was posted a few hours ago ... LISTEN guys ... you may want to know a few hours ago PlayXBLA posted:
As an Xbox LIVE Gold member, you will now get an Exclusive Gold Only Discount on select content each week. It could be your favorite arcade game, a classic Xbox original, or even that map pack or that new song you have been looking to buy. With your favorite content going on sale each week just imagine how much you can save! If you’re already a Gold member, grab this week’s deal right here, right now. Click Read More to check out the sales going on for Toy Soldiers and the DLC!
This is the first time I actually have some news for the thread ... and this is the best I can do. I guess Major Nelson's pimp hand didn't get to XBLA_Vulcan yet. I am still imagining how much I can save =(

[quote name='Sway']I can't help but think they're trying to intentionally deceive someone who rushes into buying the Arkham Bundle thinking it includes the Harley DLC. I saw this thread knowing it wasn't on sale but was surprised that was the image used to represent the Arkham Bundle. It already irks me that they tell me how much I'll save without displaying how much I'll be paying unless I further go down the buying process. Or is it all just an honest mistake?[/QUOTE]

I think a large number of us here disapprove of the "trickery" the dashboard has done when they changed from showing the price (and strikethrough of the original price) to now just mentioning the amount deducted. I've caught a few people say to me, "oh check it out, that's only 400MSP now!" and I had to correct them with, "no, that's 'save 400MSP' the item is only at 800MSP." It's potentially deceptive for those who didn't pay much attention, while we are the wiser for catching on, it does seem a bit shady to do that to some folk. The image conditioning almost bait-and-switch I feel reflects poorly on some of their practice to manipulate sales. Perhaps this demonstrates how much they think of people using the 360. In my conspiracy speak, these may be someone's brilliant idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']Guys, guys, hey, guys ... GUYS ... HEY! Guys, you're ... hey, you're gonna want to know ... HEY! You may want to know it was posted a few hours ago ... LISTEN guys ... you may want to know a few hours ago PlayXBLA posted:

This is the first time I actually have some news for the thread ... and this is the best I can do. I guess Major Nelson's pimp hand didn't get to XBLA_Vulcan yet.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that was the DotW last week right? Usually the new sales would have been updated on the website by now. I have no idea why PlayXBLA is so late on that despite the association with Microsoft Studios.

*Unless you were being sarcastic, I can't tell since you have that "This is the first time I actually have some news" comment.

[quote name='Sway']You do realize that was the DotW last week right? Usually the new sales would have been updated on the website by now. I have no idea why PlayXBLA is so late on that despite the association with Microsoft Studios.

*Unless you were being sarcastic, I can't tell since you have that "This is the first time I actually have some news" comment.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']I didn't bother spending time to make an image just to respond to an ignorant little bitch who just wants to troll me for posting about the lack of updates. I just Googled that one. ;)

*looks at join date*

I guess 2005 is more recent than 2011? I think I entered the idiot part of CAG...[/QUOTE]

You're mom. :)

[quote name='guitarguy']Anyone play toy soldiers? Worth it?[/QUOTE]

I don't much care for it. ;)

Well I've had the BL2 DLC to occupy me all afternoon so I wasn't really bugged until now, but I really wish these sale prices would take effect so I can throw my money at them.

[quote name='Sway']You do realize that was the DotW last week right? Usually the new sales would have been updated on the website by now. I have no idea why PlayXBLA is so late on that despite the association with Microsoft Studios.

*Unless you were being sarcastic, I can't tell since you have that "This is the first time I actually have some news" comment.[/QUOTE]

It seems like the DotW was reverted to last week's sales despite this week's items showing up earlier today. That would explain why PlayXBLA wrote the article. Let's just hope the article isn't accurate and sales the Major posted weren't postponed until next week.

Hey, they've changed the prices on 2 of the YDNJ packs. Jack Pack 1 & 3 are down to 100 points. As this might be some mistake with the weirdness of the update today I jumped on it quickly as that's a price that will never be beaten. Hope the other packs get the same treatment!!!

[quote name='skonson']Hey, they've changed the prices on 2 of the YDNJ packs. Jack Pack 1 & 3 are down to 100 points. As this might be some mistake with the weirdness of the update today I jumped on it quickly as that's a price that will never be beaten. Hope the other packs get the same treatment!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='skonson']Also YDNJ is now down to $9.99. It's a must buy to be honest. Love that game.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, everything on the site is still full price.

Looks like Voltron is down to 400msp and that Saints Row 2 DLC is getting the 50% off treatment. I was hoping it'd be a crazy 75% sale on the DLC like it seems to be for now with those two YDNJ packs, guess it's a mixed bag of THQ craziness this week. But it looks like they are slowly changing the prices and it will probably be totally updated in the next hour or so.

Sorry if I'm posting too much. Just having a boring day in bed taking care of a sick gf here in Australia.

[quote name='weeman43302']Hmmm, everything on the site is still full price.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Not sure why you're seeing full price. They haven't marked it up in red or gold like they do for the DOTW pricing but if you log into your account and go to the marketplace it seems to be cheaper.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Promotion/Special-Sales

I just bought the two YDNJ packs for 100 pts so it shows up as already purchased for me. Perhaps they've reverted back to normal after that mad price if it was a mistake. Not sure. Hope not.

xbldb has picked up most (if not all) of the deals, and some are pretty sweet.
In terms of arcade games we have Nexuiz at 200 again, Apples to Apples at 200 (definitely grabbing it now), Voltron at 400 (would've bit at 200), and Kill Team at 400.

Now to wait for all these prices to be reflected on the site and dashboard (I'm using Chrome and only a couple are showing up on the site) so I can finally grab Metro, YDKJ, and whatever else.

Hmmm 200 for Apples to Apples actually has me considering it now...

Picked up Metro 2033, Saints Row 3 Witches DLC, YDKJ and the 4 packs.

[quote name='skonson']Hmmm. Not sure why you're seeing full price. They haven't marked it up in red or gold like they do for the DOTW pricing but if you log into your account and go to the marketplace it seems to be cheaper.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-CA/Promotion/Special-Sales

I just bought the two YDNJ packs for 100 pts so it shows up as already purchased for me. Perhaps they've reverted back to normal after that mad price if it was a mistake. Not sure. Hope not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm seeing some of the changes. It changes every time I refresh though. Have seen 3 of the YDKJ DLC's at 100 msp, the full game for $9.99 and the Apples to Apples DLC for 80 msp. I think it's just crazy because they are updating. Hopefully everything will be worked out in an hour or so.

(And hopefully those YDKJ DLC's stay at 100msp. Would purchase in a heartbeat.)

Apples to Apples is 200msp. Used to love the board game but I tend to game solo. Can anyone weigh in if it's worth the purchase.

Also Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team for 400 space bucks - is it any good? Metacritic is a bit mixed on it.

But yeah most of the prices look updated.

Just to weigh in I bought Nexiuz for 200 space bucks at the last sale. Played it for a couple hours. Had some fun with it. Got like 3 or 4 cheevos. Haven't touched it since. It's not a bad purchase but it has no legs. I had some problems getting into games with people at times, but then again I moved to Australia recently so it might have been something to do with that and with the times that I was trying to play due to me being so far in the future (sorry no KFC on the moon yet though).

Woo, got Wreckateer! Plus Apples to Apples for 200 points is enticing, but there's no way I can see that as being fun for a single player game or being even half as fun playing with randoms online versus actually playing with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back