XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me but the Spook-tacular rewards only includes movies?
all I see are movies
I've been wanting to get costume quest for some time now so I wanted to know if this will count towards the promotion

and which one is better costume quest or iron brigade? I only have 600 msp to spare at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Pid at PAX, it was really good. I wonder how they'll use the gravity gameplay mechanic throughout the game, but I hope it gets decent recognition from people/press.

[quote name='JayMan8081']Does anyone know if the XBLA version of CS:GO got the map updates that the PC version got last week?[/QUOTE]

I've heard people say that the console versions didn't get the patch.

[quote name='Thrinn']I've heard people say that the console versions didn't get the patch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I thought that was probably the case since I couldn't find anything on the Internet that said it had gotten it. I will wait on buying it then to see how they handle supporting it in the future. This isn't a good start so far.

[quote name='JayMan8081']I will wait on buying it then to see how they handle supporting it in the future.[/QUOTE]Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Orange Box situation where the console versions are abandoned, but that looks like the path it's headed down.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']costume quest downloadable content worth it? 200 msp aint nothing when you do bing for free points but how long is the dlc ?[/QUOTE]
Short. It's maybe 1/3 to 1/2 as long as the main game IIRC. Basically more of the same but with a winter theme. I'd recommend it if you enjoyed the main game.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']looks like it's time to grab Iron Brigade[/QUOTE]

Is the community still active or is it only when it goes on sale?

[quote name='iRandom']Is the community still active or is it only when it goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

Two months ago i wasn't able to find any games at all. Probably there are few players around when the game goes on sale.
I can't recommend this game if you do not have any friends who have it.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']costume quest downloadable content worth it? 200 msp aint nothing when you do bing for free points but how long is the dlc ?[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah it is. You get new costumes and its more costume quest. You def. get your $2.50 worth of fun from the dlc.

I can't believe its been a whole year already. I remember asking on this thread myself if costume quest was worth it. It became top 10 favorite arcade games for me.

[quote name='iRandom']Is the community still active or is it only when it goes on sale?[/QUOTE]

During peak times I'm always able to find a game within 10 minutes or so. It does still have a community. You would need Rise of the Martian Bear to increase your chances of being able to play with people though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']Correct me but the Spook-tacular rewards only includes movies?
all I see are movies
I've been wanting to get costume quest for some time now so I wanted to know if this will count towards the promotion

and which one is better costume quest or iron brigade? I only have 600 msp to spare at the moment[/QUOTE]

I personally think Costume Quest is way better. If you are looking to play some online co-op, go with Iron Brigade. If you are more of a single player gamer, go with Costume Quest.

I did a full solo playthrough of Iron Brigade/Trenched when it released and enjoyed it. I'm sure coop is a better experience, but for only 400 points I wouldn't write it off just for that, especially if you like tower defense. I gave up trying to get that final gold medal by myself though as it seemed impossible without help. Also a good chunk of the achievements (~ 1/3) are tied to multiplayer.

CQ DLC is worth it if you couldn't get enough of the base game. Just keep in mind you will be able to 100% it in 1.5-2 hours max so it's pretty short. Still easy to recommend if you loved CQ.

I'm still debating whether I want the Stacking or Iron Brigade DLCs. I did enjoy the base games, but I'm not sure if I'm looking for more of the same with them.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']costume quest downloadable content worth it? 200 msp aint nothing when you do bing for free points but how long is the dlc ?[/QUOTE]Again, it's just a few hours of pretty much more of the same thing (like with Stacking), but with more costumes, enemies, and achievements. I say it's worth it, especially since it's on sale.

It looks like Happy Wars is late going live. People who already downloaded the game (beta, review codes, etc.) can apparently invite others to the game and allow them to download it, but the actual download link isn't on the game's store page yet. Does anyone have a link that goes straight to the game download?

The original game had three environments/levels. The DLC is basically a fourth environment/level.

[quote name='iRandom']Correct me but the Spook-tacular rewards only includes movies?
all I see are movies
I've been wanting to get costume quest for some time now so I wanted to know if this will count towards the promotion...
[/QUOTE]

The October promo for Xbox Live Rewards is for horror-themed content not any-ol' Halloween content; and no, it's games and dlc as well, but they refuse to give specifics anymore (I'm just turning into "that guy" on here, aren't I?) but there's a whole thread devoted to ongoing XBL Rewards here.

[quote name='eastx']It looks like Happy Wars is late going live. People who already downloaded the game (beta, review codes, etc.) can apparently invite others to the game and allow them to download it, but the actual download link isn't on the game's store page yet. Does anyone have a link that goes straight to the game download?[/QUOTE]

I can't start my game for days and I was in the beta...however it shows -1 MSP on the marketplace right now lol

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']I can't start my game for days and I was in the beta...however it shows -1 MSP on the marketplace right now lol[/QUOTE]

Re-download the game from beta tab and you'll be fine. You can't start it, because the final version of the game is available. :)

[quote name='Sath666']Re-download the game from beta tab and you'll be fine. You can't start it, because the final version of the game is available. :)[/QUOTE]

Did that already hasn't worked...

[quote name='Sath666']Ah, don't know then. I got it this way week ago.[/QUOTE]

My guess is, that this is a US get the game a week earlier thing not all people in beta =P lol

[quote name='crookshow']I did a full solo playthrough of Iron Brigade/Trenched when it released and enjoyed it. I'm sure coop is a better experience, but for only 400 points I wouldn't write it off just for that, especially if you like tower defense. I gave up trying to get that final gold medal by myself though as it seemed impossible without help. Also a good chunk of the achievements (~ 1/3) are tied to multiplayer.

CQ DLC is worth it if you couldn't get enough of the base game. Just keep in mind you will be able to 100% it in 1.5-2 hours max so it's pretty short. Still easy to recommend if you loved CQ.

I'm still debating whether I want the Stacking or Iron Brigade DLCs. I did enjoy the base games, but I'm not sure if I'm looking for more of the same with them.[/QUOTE]

nvm! I though IB was 600 msp lol I'll be buying IR then. I haven't seen CQ go below 600 so I'll wait for it even if I have to wait another year

Yeah its been active for weeks in the beta, and achievements have been active in it for about one week in the beta.

You wanna take a run at it together Tyler? I haven't tried the game actually working with anyone yet, its just a mess of everyone doing their own thing.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I searched for it both under H and through the Bing search, but I think I only ever found the trailer. I'll check again when I get home.[/QUOTE]

You have to get it from the Beta tab on the actual dash atm.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Yeah its been active for weeks in the beta, and achievements have been active in it for about one week in the beta.

You wanna take a run at it together Tyler? I haven't tried the game actually working with anyone yet, its just a mess of everyone doing their own thing.

You have to get it from the Beta tab on the actual dash atm.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I wouldn't have thought to check there.

I don't think I'm gonna join ya, after playing the tutorial and training, I just don't think this game is for me. I also can't even get into a multiplayer game to save my ass, I keep getting booted from the lobby.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Thanks man, I wouldn't have thought to check there.

I don't think I'm gonna join ya, after playing the tutorial and training, I just don't think this game is for me. I also can't even get into a multiplayer game to save my ass, I keep getting booted from the lobby.[/QUOTE]

No worries, its a bit of a clusterfuck anyway for the most part. You get steamrolled by players utilizing any sort of cooperation.

I just need something to do while I take a hiatus from BL2 until the DLC next week. So bored.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime'] I just need something to do while I take a hiatus from BL2 until the DLC next week. So bored.[/QUOTE]

~Baby got Backlog~ ;)

Ya I finally got in a couple and it's a definite clusterfuck. I mean, I seriously can't complain considering it's free, but I don't think I'll be back to it often.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya I finally got in a couple and it's a definite clusterfuck. I mean, I seriously can't complain considering it's free, but I don't think I'll be back to it often.[/QUOTE]

I had fun with it. Easy 400 GS. Not sure if I'll go back to it either since I'm done with the achievements lol.

:cool:

Well I bought
Toy Soliders and the DLc
Toy Soliders Cold War DLC
quarrel & Mercury HD
if only I had 400 more points I would get Stacking DLC & Swarm

[quote name='officerrickyross222']anyone think skyrim dlc will go on sale soon ?[/QUOTE]

From how popular Skyrim is, it will be a VERY long time, or even never.

[quote name='vantheman']From how popular Skyrim is, it will be a VERY long time, or even never.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, we're still waiting on the Oblivion DLC to go on sale...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Exactly, we're still waiting on the Oblivion DLC to go on sale...[/QUOTE]

Oblivion DLC has been on sale before, as recently as July.

[quote name='Thrinn']Oblivion DLC has been on sale before, as recently as July.[/QUOTE]

The two expansion packs keep going on sale. All the other stuff only went on sale once a couple years ago and I'm still kicking myself for missing it.

[quote name='Thrinn']Oblivion DLC has been on sale before, as recently as July.[/QUOTE]

Haha I guess my sarcasm wasn't strong enough. I was poking fun at the fact that it's really just a matter of time since Bethesda DLCs go on sale pretty frequently.

The real question is "Is there more DLC coming for Skyrim?", because the likelihood of a sale is minimal until all the DLC has been out for at least a few months.

Zen Studios announced standalone DLC for Marvel Pinball called Civil War at a New York Comic Con panel. The theme for this pinball table was taken from a multi-part comic event from 2006 of the same name that pitted Iron Man and Captain America against each other.

No specific release date was given for the DLC, though the trailer above teases that it's "coming soon" to PSN, XBLA, Apple's App Store and the Google Play store.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/13/civil-war-table-coming-to-marvel-pinball/

Trailer:

Nice, been looking forward to this table. Love that storyline. It's the storyline feature in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.

Maybe we'll get a Winter Soldier table down the line with the announcement of Captain America 2: Winter Soldier?

Would be totally down for that.

Anyone else hoping there will be another free halloween table like there was last year with "Paranormal"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back