XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Trying to get a game going right now if anyone is interested[/quote]
good luck. I keep freezing my 360 trying to do anything online with this game. hopefully this is just a launch hiccup or otherwise I'm pretty disappointed.

While it didn't freeze, my attempt to play some co-op resulted in being kicked, told that the game wasn't available, and told to press A to continue, but pressing A did nothing so I had to press the Xbox button to quit back to the dashboard.

Also, looks like the Castle Crashers site and blog are down:

floodedserver.jpg

:lol:

Someone just tried to get a game with me online and it wasn't happening (Got a invitation no longer exists although just getting it and a game no longer exists). This thing needs a patch, now. Microsoft, help out the little guy for once.

They're full of it. It's been an issue all day, even when less than 5,000 people had the game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Someone just tried to get a game with me online and it wasn't happening (Got a invitation no longer exists although just getting it and a game no longer exists). This thing needs a patch, now. Microsoft, help out the little guy for once.

They're full of it. It's been an issue all day, even when less than 5,000 people had the game.[/quote]

Seems more like a server problem than the type of problem a patch can fix.

[quote name='eminemobied12']exactly... if Gears or Halo or Madden did this would ppl stand for it? and thiss game was in develpoment for 2 fuckING YEARS!!!.. sorry but this should be unacceptable[/quote]
Madden is riddled with freezing issues and even more bugs/glitches, and people 'stand' for it... every year. Bad example. =]

Yeah, I can't join online matches unless it's someone on my friends list. Trying to do a quick/custom match just gives me "The game is no longer available" or some crap.

This game is tons of fun. I love the music and the fart/poop humor.

If anyone ever wants to play with me then add me and send me a message saying your from CAG. GT: PenguinoMF I usually play at night (EST) but sometimes during the day, depending on work.

[quote name='naiku']I have quick question. Does anyone know what happens when you try to buy a animal orb or weapon a second time at the shop. I know a purchased a few weapons and an animal orb from the stores. They dont remove it from the shop ...so i was wondering if they indicate that u already own these items.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you try and rebuy something you already own a little "no smoking" ring will pop up around the item and you won't be able to buy it. Big relief for me.

Game is freaking amazing. Here's hoping the online bits get ironed out soon.

Single player wise, this is great. Once the online is fixed i can see this game occupying my time for a while to come. I'm just curious to see what they do for DLC...new levels/modes would be nice.

I just played about 4 hours of solo and then 2 hours of co op with my girl (who really loves it but some how finds ways to die over and over.) and then jumped online for another hour of co op with random people.

This game is great and I would prefer it over many full 360 titles. Its so damn fun to play and there is lots to do.

I couldnt find a match for the longest time though.

I hope that
I can go back to Normal mode after beating the first boss on Insane Mode
as it would really suck if I couldn't.
EDIT: I can

ABOVE:
Eat a Sandvich

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I just
beat the ice boss
. How much longer until I beat the game?[/quote]

Next one's the final level. It's a doozy

I loved every second I played today. I have NOT tried any online mode, but I am completely content playing local co-op at the moment with my brother. I would not like it near as much if I was only playing by myself, but it is still a great game.

I just beat the first boss again in Insane Mode. Yeah, it's a difficulty level, big whoop. Although I must say I'm not finding it much harder so far. It's like...they leveled up the enemies to what they thought you'd be at the end of beating it the first time. So far, it looks like it. Although I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Also got all the Animals. Yeah, now all I need is 2 more for K.I.S.S., the ranked achievements (oh boy) and Medic (ugh). The mini-games were a nice touch, but suck. I'm probably going to max out my Orange Knight and maybe start another character. Maybe...Green Knight.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Dang,
How the hell do I kill the dragon who is guarding a precious artifact (Volcano Land or something)
[/quote]
What King Broly said.

Or if you don't have a
sandwich
for whatever reason:
When jump and slash at the dragon. When it pounds it's fist, run to the base of the stairs, and position yourself so that the boulder bounces over you. Immediately turn left and press block to shield youself from the fire. Rinse and repeat.

[quote name='shinryuu']Madden is riddled with freezing issues and even more bugs/glitches, and people 'stand' for it... every year. Bad example. =][/QUOTE]

I've played every Madden for the last 4 years extensively and have never once had any of those games freeze on me. Bad example.

i can say maybe i slightly jumped the gun... while the online issues is HUGE for me seeing as that was THE selling point for me, I found a slight way around it for me... hosting myself, before it wouldn't let me but now it does and 2 guys joined my game and we had a blast! but they kept getting kicked every other level or so... if they can manage this issue then this might be the best game out now on either disc or from the arcade

[quote name='jman619']
I'm at lava world. I don't really want it to end,but I'm wondering how far am I in the game? I assume no where near the end.
[/QUOTE]
Half way or so.

Yeah, Insane does give you more XP. Basically, it's like playing the game over again, but losing nothing, but everything's scaled to a point to make sure you basically double your level.

I have heard complaints of peoples' data disappearing randomly. I hope it doesn't happen to me. I think it's just people not being careful about their saves (which, btw, you can't make a backup of).

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'm surprised to see all the whining about online.[/QUOTE]

Wow, fuck you buddy. We're not whining, we're just reporting our experiences to see if others are having the same problem. I'm glad yours is going smoothly, but a lot of other people are having problems with it, and with a game that supports 4-player co-op over live, it's a pretty big issue.

I guess I'm done "whining".

Demo was kind of fun, but like Braid is one of those games I'd give more thought if it were 800pts.

Beat 'em ups have never been my bag, so I just can't see dropping $15 on this.

fun fun game. hope they fix online soon ><

Last level is a little challenging.
In the 4 crystal rooms, the one where u fight the flying knight is such a pain in the ass. i had a harder time w/ that area then the final boss tbh. final boss isn't so bad if u have max agility pretty much can keep away from him and spam those arrows.

whenever online works well hit me up for a game. gt: naiku

Thanks for the advice on the boss.
Its actually funny, I didn't need a sandwich at all. Once I was pathetic enough to realize that YOU COULD DODGE the
boulder and fire
it was pathetically simple.
Right now I am
Made my way on to the sand world and just cleared the Alien ship. How much longer? A couple hours? I'm level 26 right now.

Alright, fuck it, everytime I exit the game (whether it be dashboard, turn it off, or whatever else) it automatically resets all the time I put in. It shows on my leaderboard what level I am, but soon as I go into the game my character and all my progress is back to start.

I just beat the game, and I feel like it's best played with two people. Single player's too lonely, but four player's way too hectic. I had no idea what was going on half the time since the screen is so cluttered and there's lights everywhere. It didn't help that our green knight was a heavy magic user.

Also, does anyone know what all the magic checkpoints do? I know the first is a fireball, and one of them is a high jump.

[quote name='Battousai1002']I just beat the game, and I feel like it's best played with two people. Single player's too lonely, but four player's way too hectic. I had no idea what was going on half the time since the screen is so cluttered and there's lights everywhere. It didn't help that our green knight was a heavy magic user.

Also, does anyone know what all the magic checkpoints do? I know the first is a fireball, and one of them is a high jump.[/quote]

Sorry cant answer your question since I don have the game, but how long does the game take to complete?

[quote name='j1mb07']Sorry cant answer your question since I don have the game, but how long does the game take to complete?[/QUOTE]

Under a day. I'm not hardcore and it didn't take more than a day, and that's doing other stuff during the day too. Like eating.

[quote name='bardockkun']Alright, fuck it, everytime I exit the game (whether it be dashboard, turn it off, or whatever else) it automatically resets all the time I put in. It shows on my leaderboard what level I am, but soon as I go into the game my character and all my progress is back to start.[/QUOTE]
I guarantee you're not selecting the same character.

[quote name='Battousai1002']I just beat the game, and I feel like it's best played with two people.[/quote]That's how it is on XBL. 2 people = gold. Anymore than that and there's people dropping left and right.

I wouldn't try getting online if I were you guys because I'm hearing reports that online leads to data being lost for some reason.

So I started this game last night. Is it basically playing the game all over again from scratch every time you choose a different character?

bread's done
Back