XBLA - Peggle - 800pts - Peggle Nights DLC 400pts Now Available

I downloaded this by the recommendation of Shipwreck. Mainly his "Plinko" comparison.

This shit is Plinko on speed, and I've never had more fun with such a simple concept.

I'm going to take a wild stab here and predict this will be the fastest selling game on XBLA yet... my wife and I played the multiplayer tonight, and we really like the fact that it tracks your score between levels... just start playing and it accumulates your stats til you quit. Also this is probably the first game where my 19 month old son equated something he pressed on the controller (in this case the A button) with a consequence on the screen (peggle ball bouncing). Hooray, this game appeals to anyone 19 months - 109 years old! :)

[quote name='Regian']I downloaded this by the recommendation of Shipwreck. Mainly his "Plinko" comparison.

This shit is Plinko on speed, and I've never had more fun with such a simple concept.[/quote]More like Plinko on Heroin.

Damn it I was going to wait for the Popcap Volume 2 but since you cant install those games I decided to grab it today. Add it to my Popcap list with Bejeweled, Astropop and Peggle. Got Peggle Nights on my PC, Peggle on my 360 and I want to grab Peggle DS since it would be the perfect game on the go. Oh and I'm glad they used the systems strength and added in multiplayer. Too bad they didn't include a level editor, that would have been awwwwesome.

Finally bought this after getting some work done and am enjoying as much as I expected to enjoy it. I'm not a fan of the randomly generated positions of the orange/green pegs since it can screw you over some times.

peggle is like crack. It's such a mindless fun game. Plus, the rainbows are like the icing on the cake.

[quote name='guyjr']I'm going to take a wild stab here and predict this will be the fastest selling game on XBLA yet... my wife and I played the multiplayer tonight, and we really like the fact that it tracks your score between levels... just start playing and it accumulates your stats til you quit. Also this is probably the first game where my 19 month old son equated something he pressed on the controller (in this case the A button) with a consequence on the screen (peggle ball bouncing). Hooray, this game appeals to anyone 19 months - 109 years old! :)[/QUOTE]

I have a 20 month old, and I actually thought about handing her the controller, too. Maybe now I'll have to try it.

I'm pretty sure I saw a between-level message that you can fine tune with the triggers (like you can with the click wheel on the mouse), but it doesn't work for me. Am I missing something?

Never played it before so I played the demo and proceeded to plunk down my 800 points. Very fun.

[quote name='saunderscowie']And the music after you beat each level is so dramatic :D[/QUOTE]

I think that same music was used in Die Hard: With a Vengence. The title of the track is escaping me at the moment though.

I love the Zuma 'gap shot' sound effect tossed in as well.

[quote name='DCriminal']If you hold down one of the triggers, it "fine tunes" the shot. Basically, the left to right movement isn't so dramatic.[/QUOTE]

Right, and the green pegs allow for even further shot tweaking.

I played all last night and finally beat Adventure mode. Then played some online ranked and did pretty good. This game is fun as hell.

[quote name='Corvin']Never played it before so I played the demo and proceeded to plunk down my 800 points. Very fun.

I think that same music was used in Die Hard: With a Vengence. The title of the track is escaping me at the moment though.

I love the Zuma 'gap shot' sound effect tossed in as well.[/quote]

It's beethoven right?

[quote name='Corvin']I think that same music was used in Die Hard: With a Vengence. The title of the track is escaping me at the moment though.[/quote]

[quote name='Corvin']Yeah, but I can't remember which tune.[/quote]

It's the "Ode to Joy" from Beethoven's 9th Symphony, easily the most co-opted piece of classical music in history.

I had never played the game before, tried the demo, I liked it enough to buy it because I figured it was ever so casual enough that the other half and the kids might actually want to play it. The lady doesn't really like much gaming, but she occasionally partakes and this, I think would be one she'd play. I thought about the Popcap 3-in-1 disc listed in the OP, but figured I wouldn't spend $20 or whatever they want for it, so I used up some of these points that I got for free anyway.

Pretty fun game. I like that I played for a good hour or two last night and didn't unlock every single achievement already.

Yea you can fine tune your shot holding down the triggers and then move but if you want the slightest tweaking press the dpad left or right a lot to get what you really want.

Ode to Joy - never gets old ^^

I never played Peggle till I played this demo. Quite fun, but I might hold off buying it until the disc version comes out. I don't have much of a problem switching discs...though it is a hassle. Still I didn't mind the first feeding frenzy so having that and Heavy Arms for 20...well I think I'll wait

[quote name='jkanownik']Mmmmm Peggle crack. It's a good thing RE5 didn't come out on Tuesday. I was up WAY too late last night playing this.[/quote]

Ditto on the WAY too late, went to bed at 6 am lol. Luckily I don't work, (student).

Thanks for the info on aim-tweaking. I was holding the left or right triggers down, expecting the aim to move accordingly

[quote name='Tybee']Peggle + achievements = bliss.[/quote]

I concur. I need to get some folks together to play online, though.

I dont think I will be picking this up, I have both Peggle and Peggle nights via Steam. The multiplayer might be worth the $10, but idk, im kinda done with Peggle

[quote name='Bearhardt']I concur. I need to get some folks together to play online, though.[/quote]

It always makes me sad to get a new game and look at the achievements and know that there are a few that there is just no way I am ever going to get. And Peggle definitely has a few of those.

Feel free to friend me if you want to play multiplayer some time.

Best impulse buy on XBL Marketplace so far this year for me. IF they roll out some cheap DLC on a regular basis, I'm screwed.

[quote name='Tybee']It always makes me sad to get a new game and look at the achievements and know that there are a few that there is just no way I am ever going to get. And Peggle definitely has a few of those.

Feel free to friend me if you want to play multiplayer some time.[/QUOTE]
I've had that same feeling when I see achievements that I know are out of my reach.

I'd also be up for multiplayer Peggle if anyone wants to friend me.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Tried the demo, I actually enjoyed it[/QUOTE]

Well, let's see.... that makes you, me and every other person who ever tried the game.

;)

[quote name='Pojomofo']I dont think I will be picking this up, I have both Peggle and Peggle nights via Steam. The multiplayer might be worth the $10, but idk, im kinda done with Peggle[/quote]

In mother russia, you aren't done with peggle - peggle is done with you! ;)

You can always wait on the DLC before getting peggle multiplayer.

[quote name='Danimal']I've had that same feeling when I see achievements that I know are out of my reach.

I'd also be up for multiplayer Peggle if anyone wants to friend me.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I planned to buy GRAW 1, but when I saw that one of the achievements involve me being the very best player in the world made me buy CoD 2 :p. Yay for single-player achievements!

Oh, and peggle is awesome. As some IGN editor once said "peggle is digital crack". I would buy it if I didn't already owned it for my Mac (legally, what you know!). Still, an awesome, awesome game. I recommend it also.

I tried this out last night after I played through the Halo Wars demo. Now I'm going to have get some points for this and I'm going to have to buy Halo Wars on my way home. maybe Peggle will break my wife's Zuma addiction.

[quote name='Lokki'] maybe Peggle will break my wife's Zuma addiction.[/quote]

If my wife is any indication, it will; she's made the same transition. I gave up on wresting the controller from my wife's hands last night, and we haven't even bought the full version of Peggle yet.

[quote name='falcon815']If my wife is any indication, it will; she's made the same transition. I gave up on wresting the controller from my wife's hands last night, and we haven't even bought the full version of Peggle yet.[/quote]

I bought it last night and played it while she watched. She wasn't too interested in it. So, I think her Zuma addiction will carry on. :lol:

Great game, especially for $10, although I think I'd rather have it on DS than 360. Seems like the perfect portable time killer.

I bought it with the intention that my wife would be interested. No go. She says it's too easy. Too random. Not strategic.

Which is probably all true, on some level. I guess I was hoping she'd look past that. She's much more into trivia, puzzle games, tetris, things like minesweeper or bejeweled.

Well, whatever, I think it's fun. :)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Did you show her the challenge mode?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I've showed her lots of things. Zing!

No, I haven't. I think this door has been firmly closed. Though, it keeps me from --- well, caring. Her loss. Maybe I'll pick up one of the trivia games. Or Bejeweled.

bread's done
Back