XBLA - Peggle - 800pts - Peggle Nights DLC 400pts Now Available

[quote name='clockworkgreen']I bought it with the intention that my wife would be interested. No go. She says it's too easy. Too random. Not strategic.

Which is probably all true, on some level. I guess I was hoping she'd look past that. She's much more into trivia, puzzle games, tetris, things like minesweeper or bejeweled.

Well, whatever, I think it's fun. :)[/quote]

Have her try Zuma.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']I bought it with the intention that my wife would be interested. No go. She says it's too easy. Too random. Not strategic.

Which is probably all true, on some level. I guess I was hoping she'd look past that. She's much more into trivia, puzzle games, tetris, things like minesweeper or bejeweled.

Well, whatever, I think it's fun. :)[/quote]

My wife likes it very much (Thank you, Space Chief!). In regards to the "not strategic" criticism: I can see that, sure, but it's certainly more strategic than pachinko or plinko where the ball just drops. In addition to timing your shot with the well on the bottom (optional), you have to plan your secondary angles, i.e. the way the ball will bounce off that first peg. My wife (who is an engineer, incidentally) at first did not grasp that you can kind of control your ricochet by hitting a peg at the right angle. She would just shoot it in the general vicinity of the pegs she wanted to clear and didn't understand at first how I was getting it to bounce off and hit a second peg or group of pegs for optimal effect. Or maybe she just didn't care. :roll:

[quote name='Tybee']My wife likes it very much (Thank you, Space Chief!). In regards to the "not strategic" criticism: I can see that, sure, but it's certainly more strategic than pachinko or plinko where the ball just drops. In addition to timing your shot with the well on the bottom (optional), you have to plan your secondary angles, i.e. the way the ball will bounce off that first peg. My wife (who is an engineer, incidentally) at first did not grasp that you can kind of control your ricochet by hitting a peg at the right angle. She would just shoot it in the general vicinity of the pegs she wanted to clear and didn't understand at first how I was getting it to bounce off and hit a second peg or group of pegs for optimal effect. Or maybe she just didn't care. :roll:[/QUOTE]

My wife is an engineer, too. :) I think she just doesn't have the patience to figure it out and rather read or do crossword puzzles. From the buzz, I thought this may be the game to break her into playing a little bit, but didn't turn out that way.

My girl loves the game. She spent hours playing the first night and just as many the second finishing up the adventure mode. Then we did some multiplayer which wasn't as fun, but was pretty cool nonetheless.

I only have 900 points on my account at the moment, I was going to get Peggle but I really wanted UNO Rush so I didn't get Peggle. I played the UNO Rush demo wednesday and its not that great, so I might get Peggle. But I read the mythic map pack is coming out 4th april for 800 points... plus Outrun is out within the next four weeks too.

Question: Why would you buy Peggle on XBLA for $10 when you can get it for PC for $2.50 right now?

It's not like Peggle requires a badass computer to run.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Question: Why would you buy Peggle on XBLA for $10 when you can get it for PC for $2.50 right now?

[/quote]

For the cheevies?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Question: Why would you buy Peggle on XBLA for $10 when you can get it for PC for $2.50 right now?

It's not like Peggle requires a badass computer to run.[/QUOTE]

Achievements and Peggle Party's.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Achievements and Peggle Party's.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather get it on the PC (actually I own it for my Mac), because I hate having game with achievements that I'll never have :p . Also, you save some moneyz!

It's not like Peggle requires a badass computer to run.[/QUOTE]

I love Peggle so much I own it on my PC, Xbox and ipod.

I don't have my PC hooked up to my TV so if I want to play it on a large screen I'm out of luck. I can't wait till I find a deal on the DS version so I can get a copy of that as well.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Great game. One thing that sucks though is more recently in online Peggle Party (the 4 player mode) some people are bailing if they fall behind.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I wish people would just finish it up.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Great game. One thing that sucks though is more recently in online Peggle Party (the 4 player mode) some people are bailing if they fall behind.[/QUOTE]

That's becoming more and more a problem with every game.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I hate that kind of lame attitude. I mean I suck at a lot of games and even if I'm losing by a ton I stay till the end.[/QUOTE]

I can handle trash talking and other rude behavior. But quitting because you are losing is just being a selfish prick. I am very careful to give every single quitter in every game a bad review. I just wish doing that was more detrimental to them.

Would be great if you could create games that you can have some sort of threshold to weed out quitters. Like anyone that quits 10% or more can't join the game.

I'm really mad cause I had the win 4 player game by over 100,000 achievement in the bag, and some kid quit during the ranking finale', giving me no achievement

Seriously. I've played three matches online and not one has been completed. And while I've never actually quit a game midgame, I've gotten three retaliatory feedbacks saying I have. And two of the jackasses who quit, have GS in the 15-20k range, so odds are they play more online than me and have plenty of positives to balance out my neg of them.
And it's Peggle for chrissakes. A match takes what, five minutes at most? If you were suck in some never ending game of Culdcept I could almost understand it a little more.
I've got the game on PC as well, but I bought it on XBLA....I have a bunch of points I haven't been using, and I got 400 free from MS for renewing Gold. Mostly for the multiplayer, and I just like playing things on the TV more than the PC. I've slowed down on Rock Band tracks, and I don't just buy XBLA games on impulse. I'm tempted to get Carnevyvale, but I think I heard it will become an actual XBLA title? Maybe Age of Booty....anyway, I do like Peggle, but like Mirror's Edge, I don't see all the raves about it. It's fun, it's simple yet challenging, but I certainly don't find myself 'dreaming' about it like some people say they do.

[quote name='DestroVega']does anyone have a good level to get the 750,000 points on one level of your choice challenge?[/QUOTE]

Go to YouTube. There's a level where you can get 13,000,000+.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Go to YouTube. There's a level where you can get 13,000,000+.[/quote]

I was looking for a realistic level to obtain it, not just a miracle shot.

The wife and myself have been obsessed with doing all the challenges. For about 30 minutes every morning we take turns doing the challenges.

[quote name='Rodimus']The wife and myself have been obsessed with doing all the challenges. For about 30 minutes every morning we take turns doing the challenges.[/quote]

that's what me and my girl do.... we have 2 left, score a million over 3 levels and score 750,000 on the level of your choice.

I'll get it eventually... I think? I still am stuck on the very last level-stage of Zuma

^ You guys are doing better than us. We still have about 10 to finish. Any tips on getting those 350,000 score challenges? Depending on the level I've been picking the rabbit and trying to get lucky with the Triple Score, and using the unicorn's guide to pick up easy long shots. They usually pay off but I just can't seem to beat this one I'm stuck on.

the multi-ball woodchuck and the zen ball is the ways we went.... if you throw a good multi-ball, you could score over 100,000 in one roll.... also, if you clear every peg you end with an automatic 100,000...

Yeah, my wife likes the woodchuck. Once she hit 2 green pegs on her first shot then all three balls dropped in the bucket. Instant win.

For the rabbit I also try saving one green till the end. If you end the level with a triple score it carries over to the Fever Time. Get it in the 100,000 it's an instant 300,000. However I've yet to do it. They always fall in the the 10,000 slot. :(

This game is amazing. I got it for the first time a few months ago for $5 off Microsoft Expert Zone. Then when I heard it was coming to the 360 I bought it again to show all my friends. THEN when I was on my way to Six Flags:Magic Mountain I bought it on my LG Dare. I fucking love Peggle.

See I think companies should do a all platform pass where it would cost you more, say 30 bucks instead of normal price, to download Peggle on PSN/XBLA, PC, mobile phone, any other device that can play games. I've got this game on my pc, xbox and I was looking at the DS version the other day! >

I'm amazed that so many CAG's are Peggle fans! I wonder if there's a guide to getting that "cool fever"... (I'm only about half-way done with the Peggle challenge. You guys are hardcore!)

Lol I'm so hardcore that I said I was only going to play one level before heading off to bed and I did ONLY play one level, first time for that lol!

I got the game yesterday, and I love it. I don't even know what is so invigorating about it, but it's fun lol.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I just beat the adventure mode, now onto the challenges or to clearing all the stages 100%?[/QUOTE]

I would do challenges as it will develop the skills you need in order to get 100% on every stage.

I'm still trying to get the 100% on every level as well as doing the challenges trying to get 350,000 or more. You basically have to hit all of them to get that score or really good match.

Here are some tips on the million points or getting a top score in general. Using the Beaver (or whatever the hell it is), Pumpkin, or Rabbit, save your green pegs as long as you can, preferably until the last ball. (I know someone mentioned this, but it goes for more than just the rabbit) When you clear the last orange peg and and the green you will get that bonus in your fever. So, the pumpkin will drop one ball into the bucket and immediately drop another. Same for the Beaver, only they'll come at once. The easiest is the rabbit because you can hopefully get the triple score that lasts for two turns, which means two turns to clear the stage. That's my strategy, though, you leave a lot to luck of the wheel, which is hard to get lucky with. My top score has me ranked in the 20's on one stage, but I've got quite a few under a 100.

I know, I spent far too many nights playing Peggle working on a strategy.

bread's done
Back