XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points (67 percent off)
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points
Galaga Legions, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off
Space Invaders Infinity Gene, 400 Microsoft Points (50 percent off)

Might want to pick these up, any opinions on them?

[quote name='Blade3D']Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points (67 percent off)

Might want to pick these up, any opinions on them?[/QUOTE]

Galaga legions and tons of other arcade games are included on the namco museum compilation disk. Don't buy the download for it by itself for $5. It's a waste of money when the compilation disk includes so many more games.

I see the Torchlight avatar collection comes out 2/16. Could that also be the release date of the game? Sooner is better than later.

Edit: Oh, I see. The avatar stuff for all of the House Party games is available when the party begins on 2/16. No way they're releasing all those games on the same day.

Especially when Galaga Legions isn't anywhere near as good as Galaga. IMHO, of course. :) Still, get the Namco Museum instead. It's cheap and has a lot of good games on it (and, of course, bad ones too.)

[quote name='Blade3D']Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter, 400 Microsoft Points (67 percent off)

Might want to pick these up, any opinions on them?[/QUOTE]

Definitely get Serious Sam: FE...

[quote name='utopianmachine']Nothing for me for the next two weeks. I don't mind. I'll be debating whether to get Stacking the day it comes out. I love you, Double Fine.[/QUOTE]
I will definitely grab Stacking on day one.

Grubbins on Ice, however, will probably have to wait for a sale as a result.

None of the sales excite me. Stacking is really the only title on his list I am considering. If my backlog is empty, I will grab it now vs waiting for a sale. We will see come release date.

[quote name='louiedog']I have it, I finished it (easy 200 points), but I cannot recommend it. Except for some boss battles, you really don't do anything in the rest of the game that isn't in that demo.[/QUOTE]

You don't think it's even worth only 400 msp? That sucks. Hopefully getting it won't be a mistake and I'll at least get $5 of enjoyment out of it.

gonna grab serious sam 2 and space invaders. I actually saved 800 points cause i had a feeling i'd want something next week.

I also cant wait for BG&E and Contra :whistle2:D I have money set aside for those both already.

[quote name='mightymek']You don't think it's even worth only 400 msp? That sucks. Hopefully getting it won't be a mistake and I'll at least get $5 of enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to go wrong with anything at $5, so I don't think you'd regret it as a purchase. But as a game, it's just not that fun. By the last couple of levels I was forcing myself to keep going. Fortunately it never gets too difficult or frustrating.

[quote name='Tybee']RISK Factions? Again? Weird to have it half price again, three weeks after it was on sale for that price.[/QUOTE]

I know. Do they really think there are folks who passed on Risk when it was on sale for 400 points in November, December and January, but might just buy it if they were offered it at that price in February?

Damn Stacking is free to PSN Plus subscribers at launch next week.

Almost pulled the trigger on the Serious Sams when those were on sale in the past, but at $5 each seems like I'll be adding those to the collection on Monday.

As stated before, I'd recommend Space Invaders: Infinity Gene. It's a great twist on the series.

...Now that I think about it, why didn't Space Invaders Extreme go on sale? I've been wanting that...

[quote name='prayformojo']Damn Stacking is free to PSN Plus subscribers at launch next week.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it would be amazing if we 360 owners could get some sort of day one deal, though I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='Donnums']Well, I remember long, long ago Pinball HoF was supposed to be released on XBLA but they ended up going for a disc release. It has all of the tables the PS2/Wii version does but has No Good Gofers, Arabian Nights, and Medieval Madness. It's completely worth the cost for those tables, I had a lot of fun with No Good Gofers.[/QUOTE]

So the disc release was the Williams version right? Or did they also release a Gottelib version on 360? I'd like to try those three tables you mentioned, but I'm not sure about re-buying it since I have it on PS2.

I know the first Geometry wars is on a compliation but anyone know if the second one is to? I'd rather not clutter up my HD with something I can just play off the disc and get more games included on the disc.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I know the first Geometry wars is on a compliation but anyone know if the second one is to? I'd rather not clutter up my HD with something I can just play off the disc and get more games included on the disc.[/QUOTE]

I understand wanting something on disc but clutter up ur HDD? It's not even 50mb.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I know the first Geometry wars is on a compliation but anyone know if the second one is to?[/QUOTE]I don't believe so.

The closest it had to a release in stores was as a bundled game on some 360 memory cards.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I know the first Geometry wars is on a compliation but anyone know if the second one is to? I'd rather not clutter up my HD with something I can just play off the disc and get more games included on the disc.[/QUOTE]

The first Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved is available on the XBox Live Arcade Unplugged compilation disc (which I own and love). AFAIK, the second one is not available anywhere else.

[quote name='waxHead']The first Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved is available on the XBox Live Arcade Unplugged compilation disc (which I own and love). AFAIK, the second one is not available anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, can't find any evidence of it so I agree, but there are quite a few compilation discs for arcade games, besides the one you mentioned there is one with 5 games that was included with xbox consoles as well as Sonic Superstar Tennis with 5 games plus 2 Konami compliation of 3 games each and the Namco one with a bunch, might as well get those discs for cheap than waste the points since a used disc would be a better value if it had games you wanted to play on it.

So glad the Serious Sam games are going on sale. Infinity gene too. Awesome week for sales. Wish I hadn't of spent points on Hydrophobia.

Would anyone recommend buying the Serious Sam games again if you own them on PC? Only benefit would be cheevos probably.

Think I'll buy on Geometry Wars 2, Galaga Legions, Space Invaders IG, and Pacman CE DX for the next few weeks. Man I actually need to buy points.

Serious Sam's Achievements are a pain in the butt, but I do think the game plays well on the console. I'd recommend maybe buying it again if you have Xbox 360 friends to play online with.

You are in luck sir! I got this at Toys R Us awhile ago when they had a sale. You'll get a controller and three other games with Geometry Wars 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade-Wireless-Controller-Gaming/dp/B002SU7GJ8

[quote name='waxHead']The first Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved is available on the XBox Live Arcade Unplugged compilation disc (which I own and love). AFAIK, the second one is not available anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

There is an arcade game bundle with a controller that includes Geometry Wars 2

Edit: what kburns said.

[quote name='Thrinn']I had forgotten all about that. Just curious, did the games come on a disc or were there just codes for Live in the box?[/QUOTE]

All were on disc except Ms. Pac-Man. For some reason, that one comes with a download token.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Thanks, can't find any evidence of it so I agree, but there are quite a few compilation discs for arcade games, besides the one you mentioned there is one with 5 games that was included with xbox consoles as well as Sonic Superstar Tennis with 5 games plus 2 Konami compliation of 3 games each and the Namco one with a bunch, might as well get those discs for cheap than waste the points since a used disc would be a better value if it had games you wanted to play on it.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Arc..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1296790621&sr=1-1

Evidence for you ;) That one has GW: Retro Evolved, not the second part as mentioned previously. Fantastic game, but man... I really want that other disc now!

[quote name='kburns10']You are in luck sir! I got this at Toys R Us awhile ago when they had a sale. You'll get a controller and three other games with Geometry Wars 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade-Wireless-Controller-Gaming/dp/B002SU7GJ8[/QUOTE]

Damn! I KNEW I should've picked that up at Best Buy when I saw it a few months ago! :bomb: I thought it was the same Geometry Wars, so I didn't give it a closer look...

Any chance someone has one of these discs they'd be willing to part with?

[quote name='prayformojo']Damn Stacking is free to PSN Plus subscribers at launch next week[/QUOTE]

You just made my night. I'd say they are trying to make up for the Brutal Legend catastrofuck but they could have given away their first game to do that.

I'm interested in Galaga but if it's on a disc I'll just grab the disc. Thanks for the tip about the arcade controller bundle too guys.

Space Invaders is a no brainer. Almost bought it on PSN last week during its sale. Glad I waited for an Xbox one.

Have to try the Serious Sam demos. Haven't played Serious Sam since the original Xbox.

I recall hearing that one of the three on-disc games in that bundle didn't work for whatever reason, but I don't remember which.

edit: it's bomberman, which tries to force you to dl a title update but live won't let you pull it down because your account doesn't 'own' the game.
It might work offline, if you have enough friends/controllers to play bomberman

Kinda wish plain old Duke Nukem 3D would go on sale again, but I'll give the Manhattan Project demo a shot. Will def. pick up SS:TFE to complete the collection, and will give the Space Invaders demo a try too.

[quote name='pablo9000']I recall hearing that one of the three on-disc games in that bundle didn't work for whatever reason, but I don't remember which.

edit: it's bomberman, which tries to force you to dl a title update but live won't let you pull it down because your account doesn't 'own' the game.
It might work offline, if you have enough friends/controllers to play bomberman[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just read about that issue and that Ms. Pacman is a download rather than on-disc. I don't really care about either of those, I just want it for Geometry Wars 2.

[quote name='kburns10']You are in luck sir! I got this at Toys R Us awhile ago when they had a sale. You'll get a controller and three other games with Geometry Wars 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade-Wireless-Controller-Gaming/dp/B002SU7GJ8[/QUOTE]

These were on clearance at Best Buy not too long ago (September at the absolute latest). Got one for $24. Some stores, not just Best Buy, still have them so might be worth checking out before you buy from Amazon.

[quote name='pablo9000']I recall hearing that one of the three on-disc games in that bundle didn't work for whatever reason, but I don't remember which.

It might work offline, if you have enough friends/controllers to play bomberman[/QUOTE]

To my understanding that was fixed, but I haven't tried it. I'll pop it in and report back.

[quote name='waxHead']http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Live-Arc..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1296790621&sr=1-1

Evidence for you ;) That one has GW: Retro Evolved, not the second part as mentioned previously. Fantastic game, but man... I really want that other disc now![/QUOTE]

Yes I do have that one already, bought it more for the gold card it came with, but have since warmed up to the games included.

I thought I had all of the compilations of arcade games now, but thanks to kburns10 I have a new one to track down, wouldn't mind that bundle but really don't need that controller, maybe I can find a loose disc somewhere.

[quote name='mokmoof']I will definitely grab Stacking on day one.

Grubbins on Ice, however, will probably have to wait for a sale as a result.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I thought I had all of the compilations of arcade games now, but thanks to kburns10 I have a new one to track down, wouldn't mind that bundle but really don't need that controller, maybe I can find a loose disc somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I'd just like to have the disc, already own three controllers. And the Best Buy near me sold out of the bundle when it was ~$45.

Bomberman Live from the disc with the controller works just fine. Tried it with an offline account and it booted right up. Tried it with my live account, downloaded the update, and then it played just fine.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Bomberman Live from the disc with the controller works just fine. Tried it with an offline account and it booted right up. Tried it with my live account, downloaded the update, and then it played just fine.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Most of the comments I read on Amazon said that it wanted them to pay for it again. Maybe MS fixed it since then... I would certainly hope so.

I can verify that they did fix it. I bought it from Toys R Us before reading the reviews. When I saw on the forums that MS wanted people to re-buy it, I was upset. But it has since been fixed. I would totally trade or sell you my loose disc but I gave it to my now ex and her nephews aren't giving it up lol

[quote name='kburns10']I can verify that they did fix it. I bought it from Toys R Us before reading the reviews. When I saw on the forums that MS wanted people to re-buy it, I was upset. But it has since been fixed. I would totally trade or sell you my loose disc but I gave it to my now ex and her nephews aren't giving it up lol[/QUOTE]

No problem, I think I'll skip this one due to the rarity and only a few titles on it, but the other compilations are well worth the investment especially since points are rarely on sale.

[quote name='jputahraptor']No problem, I think I'll skip this one due to the rarity and only a few titles on it, but the other compilations are well worth the investment especially since points are rarely on sale.[/QUOTE]

Which compilations are your favorites? I have both Qubed (gotta love Rez HD) and the XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1, but that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back