XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='waxHead']How long is Space Invaders: Infinity Gene when you first download it? I was planning to get this later tonight, but if it's short/not worth it w/o additional DLC then I won't bother.[/QUOTE]

The game is HUGE.
I wrote the achievement guide for it.
It's more of a strategy guide though.
If you buy the game, it's definitely worth a read.

[quote name='Stephan123']Xbox Live Arcade sales. Risk Factions is doing good on the sales
xblaall2010.jpg
[/QUOTE]

In that case I'm voting for pending sequel. Just been on sale way too much the last couple of months to be purely for the sake of being on sale.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']So I am one of 320 people who bought the Path of Go? That's really sad. It's a great buy if you want to learn Go.[/QUOTE]

was Path of Go ever on sale? i can't recall. might grab it if it went on sale (again?)

[quote name='gordojones88']The game is HUGE.
I wrote the achievement guide for it.
It's more of a strategy guide though.
If you buy the game, it's definitely worth a read.

.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the guide, great job on it! I'll pick it up - I love shooters and own the Space Invaders Extreme games (for both the DS and PSP), might as well grab this one as it's quite similar - I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

It's the right price I'll give it a try. Haven't played a card game of this type since the pokemon tcg on gameboy. loved that game to death so this could be good. Don't care much for Yu-Gi-Oh but that doesn't mean it can't still be a good game.

[quote name='basis']was Path of Go ever on sale? i can't recall. might grab it if it went on sale (again?)[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering. I want to learn and practice Go, but it's $5. I downloaded the demo of this game and was pretty interested in it. But then again, Go 3D from the Indie Games section is only $1. I'd be less torn between the two if there wasn't such a price different.

Hmm contemplating getting Serious Sam 2nd Encounter, got stuck on the first and haven't played it in a while, but I might pick up Space Invaders Infinity.

[quote name='KeyserSoze81']So I am one of 320 people who bought the Path of Go? That's really sad. It's a great buy if you want to learn Go.[/QUOTE]

Another person here who bought it and would be part of that 320.

If it helps that 320 is only the number of people who bought it in the first 2 weeks (Game Released Dec. 16 - sales chart through end of Dec.), though I don't see it being a big seller later in life. On the other hand it doesn't have much competition so any one who wants to play GO will buy that.

I agree it is a great game and the main guy who made it for Microsoft seems genuinely nice and was really enthusiastic about it (with good reason). After reading Joystiq.com's interview of him I was immediately on board and every couple months would try to find any sort of information about it. Perhaps if Microsoft didn't just dump it and actually tried to get it some attention, it would have sold better. I am not sure I would have been part of that 320 if I didn't read Joystiq or this thread.

In short if anyone has any desire to play or learn the game of GO, you should pick it up. I guess just don't count on the online Live multiplayer being hopping.

I spent $15 last night. Picked up Serious Sam TSE, Space Invaders and Duke Nukem.

I played the Duke Nukem game when it first came to XBLA. I actually liked it, but didn't want to spend $10 on it.

I own the original releases of the Serious Sam games. I kinda wanted to have a newer version of them.

[quote name='reddjoey']Just added

February 8th - "CoD: Black Ops" (Has anyone seen this before 2/8?)
[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow. The Mystery Box could be anything. It could even be an RC-XD!

House party release details:

February 16 Hard Corps: Uprising, 1200 Microsoft Points
February 23 Bejeweled Blitz, 800 Microsoft Points
March 2, Beyond Good & Evil HD, 800 Microsoft Points
March 9 Torchlight, 1200 Microsoft Points
March 16 Full House Poker, 800 Microsoft Points

[quote name='BudzMcGee']House party release details:

March 16 Full House Poker, 800 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised BG&E is only 800 points, I may stump up for that day 1 instead of waiting for it to be 400 points.

I was expecting Beyond Good & Evil to cost $15. Definite purchase at $10.

I played the demo for Torchlight on PC a while ago. I'll need to try the XBLA demo as well. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale.

I'm not really interested in the other 3. I'll try the demoes and maybe my mind will change.

March 16 Full House Poker, 800 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Very excited for Full House however, what happened to it being free?

[quote name='shurgie']Very excited for Full House however, what happened to it being free?[/QUOTE]

They announced a long time ago that it wouldn't be. :cry:

Kind of sad they took away a 1 vs 100 which was not only free, but an amazing perk for Gold Members to justify Gold Membership and used that technology to make a poker game that cost $10.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']They announced a long time ago that it wouldn't be. :cry:

Kind of sad they took away a 1 vs 100 which was not only free, but an amazing perk for Gold Members to justify Gold Membership and used that technology to make a poker game that cost $10.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the fact that:

1) Microsoft already released their own FREE poker game years ago (which is currently no longer free).

2) You can find a great online poker game on the "indie games" channel for only five dollars, and several decent ones for only ONE DOLLAR.

[/QUOTE]

Those are my picks so far. Hard Corps sounds like I will have to wait for a price drop of 600pts or less as I'll have to get it eventually considering how much love I have for contra.

I bought Beyond Good and Evil at Circuit City years ago for $10 and I think It's even still sealed somewhere, but for some reason I feel like I should give it another ago if it has a price drop down the road. Not saying It's not worth $10, just that I'm being a cheapass.

Torchlight was an AMAZING game on the PC - the perfect Diablo clone. The only thing it lacked? Multiplayer, and I've heard no mention of Multiplayer in the XBLA version. I might re-buy this on sale just because I enjoyed the hell out of the PC version and I would love to see Torchlight 2 on the 360 in the future.

Also, thanks for the heads up on Serious Sam. I bought part two - and while I don't think the frame rate was buttery smooth as the original XBox version was I find it hard to argue against at $5.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Those are my picks so far. Hard Corps sounds like I will have to wait for a price drop of 600pts or less as I'll have to get it eventually considering how much love I have for contra.

I bought Beyond Good and Evil at Circuit City years ago for $10 and I think It's even still sealed somewhere, but for some reason I feel like I should give it another ago if it has a price drop down the road. Not saying It's not worth $10, just that I'm being a cheapass.

Torchlight was an AMAZING game on the PC - the perfect Diablo clone. The only thing it lacked? Multiplayer, and I've heard no mention of Multiplayer in the XBLA version. I might re-buy this on sale just because I enjoyed the hell out of the PC version and I would love to see Torchlight 2 on the 360 in the future.

Also, thanks for the heads up on Serious Sam. I bought part two - and while I don't think the frame rate was buttery smooth as the original XBox version was I find it hard to argue against at $5.[/QUOTE]

They redid the interface for Torchlight for use with a controller, but its the same game otherwise (i.e. no multiplayer). Torchlight 2 will have multiplayer, though.

[quote name='SpaceInsomniac']Don't forget the fact that:

1) Microsoft already released their own FREE poker game years ago (which is currently no longer free).

2) You can find a great online poker game on the "indie games" channel for only five dollars, and several decent ones for only ONE DOLLAR.[/QUOTE]

What's the names of the good/decent poker Indie games? I was playing one once that seemed ok but I'm not an indie games expert.

In regards to Yugioh, $5 is a good price for it, but beware to get better cards you either have to spam tens- a hundred matches in the single player mode (you don't earn new cards playing the online modes) or you can buy a pack of cards for $2 each (10 packs currently available) on the Marketplace, and the packs you can buy get you better cards quicker than trying to earn them in single player.

[quote name='reddjoey']Just added

February 8th - "CoD: Black Ops" (Has anyone seen this before 2/8?)
[/QUOTE]

I offered someone the RC-XD car in trade a couple of days ago and when I viewed the xbox.com page to check the point value it was still 240. It can't be more than a day or two old.

Will have to get Torchlight and Beyond Good and Evil for sure when they release, gonna have to try the demos for all of the other ones since they seem interesting. Also went ahead and got YuGiOh on top of Duke and Space Invaders

[quote name='louiedog']I offered someone the RC-XD car in trade a couple of days ago and when I viewed the xbox.com page to check the point value it was still 240. It can't be more than a day or two old.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

Wow, glad to see Beyond Good & Evil will only be $10. I was thinking for sure it'd be $15. Was already planning on getting it, but this makes me happy. Also looking forward to Hard Corps: Uprising.

Hopefully, they'll do some promo like they do for Summer of Arcade.

I love Duke Nukem so much but just can't pull myself to buy MP. I keep going back to the demo every time one of you guys mentions buying it, but the gameplay's just not doing it for me. Anyone care to convince me?

On the 360 game marketplace I saw read dead redemption stating "play the game of the year for less", anyone know if it's like the game of the year edition with all the dlc or what exactly it is? When the dlc for it was on sale not too long ago I recall the game was $29.99 and now it's $39.99

[quote name='bsmiff']I love Duke Nukem so much but just can't pull myself to buy MP. I keep going back to the demo every time one of you guys mentions buying it, but the gameplay's just not doing it for me. Anyone care to convince me?[/QUOTE]

The full game is basically more of what you see in the demo plus a couple of boss fights. It has easy achievements, but that's probably the only thing that could motivate you to finish it. It just isn't a very fun game. If you didn't like the demo I think you'd be okay skipping it. I say this as someone who played the original Duke Nukem side scrollers and probably spent 200 hours playing Duke 3D.

[quote name='louiedog']The full game is basically more of what you see in the demo plus a couple of boss fights. It has easy achievements, but that's probably the only thing that could motivate you to finish it. It just isn't a very fun game. If you didn't like the demo I think you'd be okay skipping it. I say this as someone who played the original Duke Nukem side scrollers and probably spent 200 hours playing Duke 3D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that's what I needed to hear. I'll save that $5 for Duke Forever.

Galaga Legions and Geometry Wars 2 are must-buys for anyone who doesn't have them.

As for Serious Sam, I'd just rather play Doom and Doom II than play it.

[quote name='Blade']That's what I'm wondering. I want to learn and practice Go, but it's $5. I downloaded the demo of this game and was pretty interested in it. But then again, Go 3D from the Indie Games section is only $1. I'd be less torn between the two if there wasn't such a price different.[/QUOTE]
Path of Go has some serious quality to it as a Go learning game.

Wow YuGiOh is a complicated mess for me. My best friend is a nut for YuGiOh and he couldn't beat the computer in 5 tries. No way I'm wasting $5 on a game I'll likely never be able to beat. Ah well.

Galaga sure seems like fun from the demo. Going to see if I can snag the Arcade Play disc this week instead of buying it on XBA. If not I'm definitely downloading it.

Great to see Beyond Good and Evil for $10; bought the game years ago for $10, but never completed it, so I'll just pick this up. Then, might just have to get Yu-Gi-Oh! (haven't played that in years) and Duke Nukem. Really wish Amazon had the 1600 points download available :/

MS is very clever with their advertisements...There is a tab under game marketplace that is titled "Feeling Stealthy?" (Ninja related things) and when I clicked on it, it came to the XBLA titles (N+, Deadliest Warrior, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, Shadow Assault Thenchu, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Pirates VS Ninjas: Dodgeball) and the first thing that came to my mind is more sales...Looked at each title and they were all full priced...I swear I got to get off this site; CAG is starting to affect my judgement :p. Oh well, nice job MS...I guess I won't buy more MS points to spend this time.

[quote name='EarthKing']MS is very clever with their advertisements...There is a tab under game marketplace that is titled "Feeling Stealthy?" (Ninja related things) and when I clicked on it, it came to the XBLA titles (N+, Deadliest Warrior, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, Shadow Assault Thenchu, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Pirates VS Ninjas: Dodgeball) and the first thing that came to my mind is more sales...Looked at each title and they were all full priced...I swear I got to get off this site; CAG is starting to affect my judgement :p. Oh well, nice job MS...I guess I won't buy more MS points to spend this time.[/QUOTE]

I saw the ad and thought the exact same thing. I was like, sweet N+ and Tenchu are on sale! But no dice. Full price is no buy. I'm assuming they are full price as they aren't 400 points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear'] No way I'm wasting $5 on a game I'll likely never be able to beat. Ah well.

Galaga sure seems like fun from the demo. Going to see if I can snag the Arcade Play disc this week instead of buying it on XBA. If not I'm definitely downloading it.[/QUOTE]

I promise you'll never beat Galaga Legions, dude. Not unless you're giving up all other games for a year to concentrate on it or something.

[quote name='eastx']I promise you'll never beat Galaga Legions, dude. Not unless you're giving up all other games for a year to concentrate on it or something.[/QUOTE]
Yea I heard it's a nightmare, but I found it a lot of fun and not so much with YuGiOh. Still, I doubt I'll 100% Galaga-if I'm lucky I'll get 1 or 2 achievements but there is fun to be had and that's good enough for me. I don't see myself even winning one game in YuGiOh unless I buy an extra deck or something to get an edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back