XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JStryke']Earlier in the week I was excited for the SR2 DLC, but I feel on the fence now that I actually have the points for it. For the Corporate Warfare DLC, is there a story to it or is it online only? Looking at the achievement list, it seemed like it was the latter.[/QUOTE]

From what I have read it does have a very small single player component to it but its pathetically small. (no kidding either, they are like 3 missions and supposedly you've done them before in the game already, they just re-skin them so to speak with new objectives....think the first Assassins Creed and how people complained about variety)

I'd like to get it but refuse to pay more than 200 for either of them. I just cant. The Single player is so short its BS and I am not interested in anything else.

If your an uber completionist get it I guess, but its a waste of points. I'd rather spend the points on something else (for example Shadow Complex or if you have it, save the points and get in on another deal later) and play newer games, Saints Row 3 is comming soon anyway.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Any sales THIS week?[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson usually announces them on his blog two weeks at a time, and usually on Monday night or Tuesday morning. I know it's hard to wait, especially when you have lots of points and just want to buy good games and get it over with but you're hesitant for the sales. =\

Will this be the week we finally get a sale on Beyond Good and Evil HD? I feel like I've been waiting on a price drop on this game forever.

[quote name='chopper']Will this be the week we finally get a sale on Beyond Good and Evil HD? I feel like I've been waiting on a price drop on this game forever.[/QUOTE]

I hope not , what a terrible game by todays standards.. and the ending, ugh, just no...

[quote name='chopper']Will this be the week we finally get a sale on Beyond Good and Evil HD? I feel like I've been waiting on a price drop on this game forever.[/QUOTE]
I too, feel like I've been waiting forever for BG&E to drop to half off. HOWEVER, since I learned that that game does not have inverted controls(like the Splinter Cell hd Collection), I will most likely pass. Not having that option is to fucking stupid. Ubisoft needs to get with the times and not ostracize a rather large portion of their audience. No inverted controls=no sale

you people be crazy dustin. inverted's for aeroplanes and nothing else.

but yeah that is dumb.
i never played it the first time around but people gaw over it like its a gem. i get bored of stealth play for long periods, would i still like this game?

[quote name='bajingo']you people be crazy dustin. inverted's for aeroplanes and everything else.

but yeah that is dumb.
i never played it the first time around but people gaw over it like its a gem. i get bored of stealth play for long periods, would i still like this game?[/QUOTE]

fixed it. :p

We might just have to wait until the deal goes live to find out what it is. MajorNelson is at some MS event in NYC for a week, so his blog might not be updated with the info.

I believe it's only been out for 7ish months. Not that I wouldn't like a sale on it too, but "forever"?

[quote name='Darker']I finally got Shadow Complex![/QUOTE]

Bummed that its only for Gold, and mine ran out last month. Guess i won't be getting it after all.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']I believe it's only been out for 7ish months. Not that I wouldn't like a sale on it too, but "forever"?[/QUOTE]
7 months and 15 days to be exact(March 2nd), but hey....who's counting? ;)

Man it seems like it's taking FOREVER to know what next week's deal will be......

[quote name='Dustinator']7 months and 15 days to be exact(March 2nd), but hey....who's counting? ;)

Man it seems like it's taking FOREVER to know what next week's deal will be......[/QUOTE]

Why I oughta... *shakes fist*

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I can't get the Bing Bar to work in anything other than dreadful IE. ???[/QUOTE]

You don't have to install the bar. Just go to rewards.bing.com and you can search from that page.

[quote name='shinn']I hope not , what a terrible game by todays standards.. and the ending, ugh, just no...[/QUOTE]

And all this time I thought the game was terrific after I played it on the NGC and XBL! Thankfully, your enlightening post showed me the error of my ways and put things in perspective.:roll:

[quote name='shinn']I hope not , what a terrible game by todays standards.. and the ending, ugh, just no...[/QUOTE]

You are dead to me. While the menus are annoyingly clunky, Beyond Good and Evil HD is still a wonderful game that plays like Zelda and has a story like nothing else.

*sees Ooga's post*

High five!

[quote name='Coltin']I'm really hoping for a Costume Quest sale. Doubt it'll happen though.[/QUOTE]

I think Costume Quest has been on sale more times this year than Risk

what's with asking so much about beyond good and evil hd? game got boring quick and I regret even keeping it on my hd, luckily I got it cheap but still not worth the wait. you've waited over 7 months, just buy it already. The longer you wait you're just delaying your chance to play and complete it sooner. There are other retail games coming out soon so i'm sure lot of people will be playing those anyways and have a backlog.

[quote name='gotdott']I think Costume Quest has been on sale more times this year than Risk[/QUOTE]

Lol. In my defense I've only had internet/Xbox Live for a couple of months now

[quote name='intoxicated662']what's with asking so much about beyond good and evil hd?[/QUOTE]

It's a good game

[quote name='Coltin']Lol. In my defense I've only had internet/Xbox Live for a couple of months now

It's a good game[/QUOTE]

Oh I was just poking fun at how long it's been since Risk has been on sale haha. Maybe they'll have Costume Quest on sale for Halloween again

[quote name='gotdott']I think Costume Quest has been on sale more times this year than Risk[/QUOTE]

Umm... I'm quite sure Costume Quest has only been on sale once or twice. Not nearly the same amount as Risk.

Damn, was hoping price drops would happen at midnight PST along with the Gold Box start. Gonna try to hang in there, c'mon Final Fight! At least I have assisting the ex with an annotated bibliography to keep me busy.

Edit: 5 a.m. EST and still nothing, if it's not up in an hour, I'm going to be sad. :(

[quote name='FamousLastMCRmy']I always though MajorNelson posted these sales ahead of time..hmm guess I'm crazy. I just got a 360 again, less than a month ago so dont mind me :p[/QUOTE]

Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't. We roll with the punches.

XBLDB just updated, both Halo Reach mappacks are 50% off (400 MSP, instead of 800 MSP).

This is a good deal if you've missed out before, but considering I have both mappacks (from the Microsoft Game Studios sale not too long ago), this is going to be a boring sale week for me.

2 items is kinda low for a sale too, wouldn't you think?

Edit: Castlevania Harmony of Despair is on sale for 50% off as well now (600 MSP, instead of 1200).

Lol, Metro 2033 is apparently 320 points (usually 2400, so think $4 vs. $30). GO GO GO!

Edit: Damn, missed it. I think they caught on. 15 minutes too late?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lol, Metro 2033 is apparently 320 points (usually 2400, so think $4 vs. $30). GO GO GO!

Edit: Damn, missed it. I think they caught on.[/QUOTE]Noticed that too. Probably just a bug with xbldb, since it doesn't seem to be that price on xbox.com or on the dashboard.

Edit: Well if it actually did drop, that would have been awesome to get in on. Shame...

[quote name='VVaffle']Noticed that too. Probably just a bug with xbldb, since it doesn't seem to be that price on xbox.com or on the dashboard.

Edit: Well if it actually did drop, that would have been awesome to get in on. Shame...[/QUOTE]

Considering it's buggy as hell to order right now, I think they did an accidental drop. But yeah, good luck to anyone who caught it in time.

Edit: Fixed now. I had 360 points in my account too, would have bit on that sucker. I do think its price dropped though.

From 2400 ($30) to 1800 ($22.50).

I'm going to assume nothing else is on sale? Also, looking like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair got a price-drop, that's not part of the sale. Either that, or it's a non-Gold sale, so you Silvers can eat it up if you want.

Worth 600? Looks like there's a lot of overpriced add-ons for it to boot.

This sale week is kinda bleh, I don't get it either, I would have thought they'd save a sale like this until closer to Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary's release (11/15), since the multiplayer engines are the same (I'm assuming you can play the mappacks off of the H: CEA disk).

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Considering it's buggy as hell to order right now, I think they did an accidental drop. But yeah, good luck to anyone who caught it in time.

Edit: Fixed now. I had 360 points in my account too, would have bit on that sucker. I do think its price dropped though.

From 2400 ($30) to 1800 ($22.50).[/QUOTE]Heh, a friend just told me about it, and he apparently grabbed it in time. Lucky him; i guess they were reverting it back to 3200 and forgot a zero or something. :lol:

Still, it's great that there is finally a sale on Castlevania HD. Been waiting for that one to drop for a few months now!

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Lol, Metro 2033 is apparently 320 points (usually 2400, so think $4 vs. $30). GO GO GO!

Edit: Damn, missed it. I think they caught on. 15 minutes too late?[/QUOTE]

I always miss out on the mistakes. When I finally caught one (when I was issued 360MSP 5 times), my conscience got the better of me. I start to question my CAGness. I somehow feel some regret even when I shouldn't. Only remedy would be a good sale on items I have been desiring, but so far I already nabbed the items when they were previously on sale.

castlevania isnt a dotw. its part of a halloween sale where thats the only good thing discounted. BTW dont do the quiz at the end microsoft thinks that their slick, but in reality they aren't. As for the reach maps those might be part or are the DOTW.

looks like halo maps, dead rising, case 0 and case west for dotw

According to Major Nelsons blog the Shoctober sales run till end of the month

[quote name='VVaffle']Heh, a friend just told me about it, and he apparently grabbed it in time. Lucky him; i guess they were reverting it back to 3200 and forgot a zero or something. :lol:

Still, it's great that there is finally a sale on Castlevania HD. Been waiting for that one to drop for a few months now![/QUOTE]

So was Metro 2033 at 320 a mistake or a bug in my site? I don't rescan back to back so I may have to updated it manually to 1800 ($22.49) before people get too excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back