Xbox 360 Game Install Sizes and Loading Times: 900+ games! (Celebrating 5+ years!)

[quote name='dumlaox']As far as I know, your scenario wouldn't need you to uninstall and re-install the same game. I did this with my cousin once where he scratched up his Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 disc. I went over to install my copy to his 360 HDD, had him put in his scratched up disc, and it played just fine.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was curious about whether or not game installs were universal to all 360s.

Game sizes listed for the following titles:

Top Gun: Hard Lock
Lollipop Chainsaw
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
Cabela's North American Adventures

Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat is 2GB when installed to the harddrive

The games still run off the disc and the load times are terrible with and without installs.

Information for Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat now added to the Wiki. Also, sizes for the following titles have also been added to the Wiki:

-The Amazing Spider-Man
-Zumba Fitness Rush
-Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor
-Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition
-Tony Hawk: Ride
-Spec Ops: The Line

couldn't edit Mortal Kombat komplete
Install size makes game load 2-5 seconds faster
basically the same as the vanilla version
also I checked Metal Gear Solid HD.
it was about 3 seconds faster loading time

Last edited by a moderator:
Sizes added:

-Inversion
-Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
-Game of Thrones
-Mayhem
-NASCAR Unleashed
-Ratatouille

[quote name='JahKingSouLJaH']What about Ghost recon future soldier?
Does it improve loading times if I install?[/QUOTE]

I'll see if I can find out this weekend. Just got enough space on my HDD to try checking performance again so I'll see if I can use this 3-day weekend to make a dent in that department.

Added Men in Black: Alien Crisis to the list now.

[quote name='dumlaox']I'll see if I can find out this weekend. Just got enough space on my HDD to try checking performance again so I'll see if I can use this 3-day weekend to make a dent in that department.

Added Men in Black: Alien Crisis to the list now.[/QUOTE]

GREAT!!!:D
Thanx for the support DUMLAOX:applause:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - 7.7G - GREEN - You won't notice the better loads at first but the load screens in-between missions are much shorter by almost 20 seconds.

I'll be spending most of the day checking out performance on other games here that I have so expect an update to that sometime tonight.

I SHOULD have had time to do lots more but last minute dealings with work pretty much derailed that idea. Here's what I updated the list with so far:

DoDonPachi Resurrection - BLUE
DiRT 3 - BLUE
The Amazing Spider-Man - GREEN
Lollipop Chainsaw - GREEN
Game of Thrones - BLUE
Dead Space 2 - WHITE
Driver: San Francisco - WHITE
Air Conflicts - GREEN
Resonance of Fate - WHITE

Few more findings from last night as well as some new info direct from Games on Demand:

Sniper Elite V2 - 3.2G
Jurassic Park - 1.6G - GREEN
Otomedius Excellent - 2.3G - GREEN
Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 3 - 6.0G

That gives us 923 games officially on the list.

Added somewhere around 20 or so games in the last few updates including some more recent games. At some point I'll have to get an exact count of the titles we have listed here.

Unfortunately, I'm completely out of space on my HDD so I'm not able to get any performance checks for the titles I own. Apologies for that. Hopefully I'll get to be able to clear out some space to start those checks back up again soon since it doesn't look like too many people are checking performance anymore.

just installed Halo 4, only Disc 1 gives an install option and it takes up 7.3GB

edit: Disc 2 installs Spartan Ops Season 1 and War Games when you first launch it and takes up a combined 3.5GB

Negative on that, Syn. No idea why but the Wiki has become near impossible to access for a while now. I'm hoping for a fix to come in but I think I'll just delete the link to it in the meantime.

Does anyone have an install size and performance review for Kinect Sports Ultimate Collection? Is it one disc with both games, or two separate discs?

Any word on how WWE13 performs upon install? Neither this year's version nor last year's version are reported with it's performance, and I'm curious how '13 handles. Thanks, this list has helped me with several of my games previously!

Here you go, hypertails02.

WWE '13

Off Disc:
NXE to Title screen - 01:02
Title to Menu - 00:17
NXE skip to Title - 00:39
Normal Match - 00:44 (Started clock after final setup screen)

Installed:
NXE to Title screen - 00:58
Title to Menu - 00:17
NXE skip to Title - 00:35
Normal Match - 00:43
I forgot to run this test!!! But I'm sure this will be the fastest.
Total install - 14:24

Margin of error +/- 1 second.

Dance Central 3

Disc: Xbox Menu to title screen 43 seconds.
HD: Xbox Menu to title screen 36 seconds.

Untimed but songs seem to load much faster.

Good number of changes to the list including some new listings for game sizes (which have been updated periodically over the last few months) and install performance ratings. Way too many to list here, though, so please check the original post if you're interested. I'll try to get more game performance checks up on the list soon.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Is there a list anywhere of :360:games which have seperate discs that install DLC content? An example being the Fallout 3 GOTY.[/QUOTE]

All I see on the list is:

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [7.2G] (D1=5.5 D2=2.2)

[quote name='finsfan0210']Is there a list anywhere of :360:games which have seperate discs that install DLC content? An example being the Fallout 3 GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if there's a list or not, but i do know that fallout 3 GOTY and Mass Effect 1 Platinum Hits (Classics) version, Forza Motorsport 3, and Borderlands GOTY all have such a second disc. I hope this helped.

I see that the borderlands GOTY is missing. Loading times are: its supposed to be green just like the normal version. Install sizes are: 3.3 for disk one and disk two is 4,6 gb. Thats a total of 7,9 gb.

Ps. Its Cabela's Alaskan Adventures with an S at the end. Not Cabela's Alaskan Adventure.

I've been using this thread for years, and I want to say thank you to all the contributors!

I have a game to add to the index.

Full Auto, installing greatly decreases load time, I'd say it should be listed as Green.

Diablo III 6.9 GB

Haven't timed the load speed yet, but it already seemed fast off disc. Blizzard did a great job with the caching I think.

I still cannot believe this thread is going after 5 years. I've wiki'd the post (thought it already was, sorry!) It also seems the wiki.cheapassgamer.com isn't working anymore? Does anyone have an old backup, I'm not sure where the first post left off and where the wiki continued.

I don't have a 360 anymore but I hope this thread continues to help people :)

This thread is great. I had a 360 a few years ago that my brother used and blew up before I got around to using it, but I have a few jRPGs that I'd like to play on it if I ever get it fixed/buy a new one. Looks like they're all greatly helped by installing, too. Big thumbs up!

Been thinking about picking up the Walking Dead retail disc versions. The vanilla edition or the game of the year edition? 

Does installing to the hard drive help with the glitches/freezes/lag issues for the 360 versions?

If not, I might look at the PS3 versions then.  Thanks ahead.

8/16/2014 Edit: 

Just went through the entire list and calculated how much space I would need for every 360 game I own.  578.95GB of hard drive space would be needed if I were to put every single game I own installed to my 360.  Almost 600GB, I think now that it might be a bad idea to even bother trying to install everything I own.

I guess I should figure out which ones have the highest replay value.  Might just buy a 3rd party 320GB hard drive from Amazon since my 120 GB phat/elite 360 is practically full from Games with Gold. 

I was thinking about 500GB hard drive, but have a feeling I will need more technical know-how to get it working on my 360.

bread's done
Back