Xbox 360 Game Install Sizes and Loading Times: 900+ games! (Celebrating 5+ years!)

Thanks for everyone who contributed to this list.  I still have my Xbox 360 S console  and I am trying to extend the life of my console as long as possible. 

By installing my games on the external hard drive for games with improved loading times and that I use often, I hope to reduce the wear and tear on my optical disc drive, decrease loading times and noise produced,  and extend its life a little longer. 

External hard drives are relatively inexpensive nowadays and easily replaced, while they have stopped manufacturing Xbox 360 consoles, so replacing them will become more and more expensive in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the reported load times are all probably from installing to the internal drive, not an external drive. As far as I know, the 360's USB speed is slower compared to the internal drive's SATA connection.

Keep in mind that the reported load times are all probably from installing to the internal drive, not an external drive. As far as I know, the 360's USB speed is slower compared to the internal drive's SATA connection.
Thanks. I also have a 1 TB external HD along with my 260 GB internal drive. That might be the reason some games are taking longer to install and download.

Not sure how relevant this list still is, but I've cleaned up the first post since we have the WIKI. I've saved the original post with all BBcode and formatting to my Google drive in the event a backup is needed.

Cheers to the community for keeping this going for so long! :D/

Question! To the titles that do not boost the load time.. is it good practice to install anyways or still the ODD is reading the all of the disc

Cheers for this+having me!

Ah, about six years later.  If I could only tell my younger self the things I have learned now. 

Ended up playing the Telltale Walking Dead games and Survival Instinct on PS3.

Does anyone know if Minecraft 360 Edition installs and runs better?  Been thinking of going back and then eventually bringing a 360 world to the newer versions on Xbox One.

Totally missed the Minecraft PS3/Vita cross-save and transfer to PS4 gravy train by about less than 6 months. 

Anyway, does this list still apply to Xbox One/Series X?

All games on the Xbox One are installed and do not run off the disc. This list wouldn't really apply.

Load time speeds vary between console types (One, One S, etc.) and storage type (internal, external, SSD). It depends on what your setup is.

Both Xbox One and Xbox Series console download digital versions(even if you insert a disc) of back compatible games instead of playing off the disc.

I would think the Xbox Series versions would load those faster with their superfast nvme ssds.

Does anyone know if Minecraft 360 Edition installs and runs better? Been thinking of going back and then eventually bringing a 360 world to the newer versions on Xbox One.
Extremely late reply but for future readers Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition is an Xbox Live Arcade game and physical versions of XBLA games cannot be installed (on unmodded consoles anyway).

bread's done
Back