Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

Didn't receive an email yet, but when I log in, I get this message when I click the live update program :

Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program
We appreciate your interest and support in helping us to test out the latest updates. This is an important update as we continually strive to improve our products and we could not do so without the help of our great Xbox community.
As part of the preview program, you will receive a copy of Halo: Reach. The next obvious question is, WHEN? Please be patient and check back on this site regularly, as we nail down the logistics for disc distribution, updated information will be provided via this site on when you can expect to receive your copy.
If you were in the program previously you will notice a few changes on the navigation available on our Connect site. Same basic structure, but primary navigation is available by clicking on the Xbox LIVE Update Home link on the upper left-hand navigation of this page. At the bottom of that page you will see all relevant program information.

[quote name='blinkFRO']So what is the main difference between the LIVE Update and the DISC Update?[/QUOTE]

it tells you where it says what group you are in.. one updates from the disc.. one on xbox live..

[quote name='blinkFRO']So what is the main difference between the LIVE Update and the DISC Update?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this.

[quote name='nypickle']Says I'm in now. Don't know if clearing all my cookies helped show the updated status or not, but its there.

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience
· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.[/QUOTE]

I have the same above message, I didn't have to clear my cookies and I never got the e-mail.

It looks like the LIVE update will be downloaded via XBox Live whereas the DISC update will be downloaded from the Halo: Reach disc itself.

[quote name='TheBull2911']It looks like the LIVE update will be downloaded via XBox Live whereas the DISC update will be downloaded from the Halo: Reach disc itself.[/QUOTE]

Thats what it sounds like. For anyone that got into the DISC Update do you have Xbox Live Gold? Or are connected to the internet?

[quote name='shigster']I have the same above message, I didn't have to clear my cookies and I never got the e-mail.[/QUOTE]

It was probably just a coincidence when I was refreshing and nothing happened, then I logged out and cleared cookies, logged back in and then it said I was in the program. It was more than likely going around slowly and just happened to be accepted as I signed in.

I still haven't gotten the email either, but as with the last update, I didn't get an email for a while. Everyone knew they were in long before the emails said so :cool:

[quote name='nypickle']I still haven't gotten the email either, but as with the last update, I didn't get an email for a while. Everyone knew they were in long before the emails said so :cool:[/QUOTE]
For the last one of these previews I did, I didn't get the email saying I was in till about 2 weeks AFTER I already updated into the preview :roll:

I know I signed up for this, but when I log onto the site it just says they aren't accepting applicants any more. Am I doing something wrong?

I wasn't picked, but I'm not shocked since I've never been picked for any preview program. Seems like you get picked every time or not at all. Oh well.

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Didn't receive an email yet, but when I log in, I get this message when I click the live update program :[/QUOTE]
Same here, no email yet but I got that message too. :)

Also when you check Microsoft Connect, it tells you if you got in or not or pending correct?

Seems there are 2 groups, both get the disc.

#1 - Live Update group: You get the update over XBL
#2 - Disc Update group: You get the update from the disc

[quote name='theredworm']Didn't get in....
Wonder how they picked[/QUOTE]

Keep checking back, mine didnt show up for a while, but eventually i was in.

No email yet but I checked my status and I'm in the update audience. Looking forward to hearing more details about this and whats going to happen.

Amazon's Trade In for Halo: Reach is 25.25, I just locked that in.

I've been in every single XBL beta they've had though, so I'm not too surprised. I can see everything on the Connect Dashboard, but I didn't receive the email yet.

Unfortunately yesterday my Xbox RROD'ed and I am out of warranty. I took advantage of Amazon's offer though, and I expect the newer slim model early next week. I'm very happy that this program allows you to edit the console ID and serial you provided upon signing up, not only for people who have to send in refurbs, but for people who accidentally entered the wrong information.

I'm in the Live Audience. Happy beta testing everyone :)

I think I'm in, but I haven't gotten an e-mail. Where on the site would it say that I got in?

EDIT: Nevermind I found it :D

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience

[quote name='KoRuPT']Amazon's Trade In for Halo: Reach is 25.25, I just locked that in.

I've been in every single XBL beta they've had though, so I'm not too surprised. I can see everything on the Connect Dashboard, but I didn't receive the email yet.

Unfortunately yesterday my Xbox RROD'ed and I am out of warranty. I took advantage of Amazon's offer though, and I expect the newer slim model early next week. I'm very happy that this program allows you to edit the console ID and serial you provided upon signing up, not only for people who have to send in refurbs, but for people who accidentally entered the wrong information.

Happy beta testing everyone :)[/QUOTE]

Just be sure not trade in the beta version xD

[quote name='KoRuPT']Amazon's Trade In for Halo: Reach is 25.25, I just locked that in.

Happy beta testing everyone :)[/QUOTE]

Think the disc will have any differentiation from the regular Reach discs (i.e. Not For Resale sticker, Preview Program, etc) ? I doubt they want these discs getting spread out if they wind up breaking something. Just a thought :lol:. And sorry to hear about your loss. :cry:

EDIT: Ahh, if you already have Reach that makes more sense. XD

[quote name='Cheddahz']Just be sure not trade in the beta version xD[/QUOTE]

Might as well lock it in now before it gets lowered, not shipping untill I get my email though.

[quote name='clickpow']Might as well lock it in now before it gets lowered, not shipping untill I get my email though.[/QUOTE]

You only get like 1 week locked in on the price though, I doubt we'll see these discs shipped and received in that time.

Didn't get an e-mail, but I checked the site under Group Memberships and I got a YOU are in the XBox Live Update audience. So I guess I'm in.

I didn't get any sort of email updating me on whether I was in the program, but I just checked the site and...

"YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience"

fuck yeah.

[quote name='nypickle']You only get like 1 week locked in on the price though, I doubt we'll see these discs shipped and received in that time.[/QUOTE]

True but you can keep canceling your trade each day and hope they don't lower the price.

[quote name='nypickle']You only get like 1 week locked in on the price though, I doubt we'll see these discs shipped and received in that time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean I will sell my current copy. ;)

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Think the disc will have any differentiation from the regular Reach discs (i.e. Not For Resale sticker, Preview Program, etc) ? I doubt they want these discs getting spread out if they wind up breaking something. Just a thought :lol:. And sorry to hear about your loss. :cry:

EDIT: Ahh, if you already have Reach that makes more sense. XD[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was kind of surprise for me. It was a refurb from Microsoft after my first RROD (covered under warranty) and it was going strong for a good 2.5 years.

bread's done
Back