Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='ErezYehuda']Is anybody else not having this show up as pending in their directory?[/QUOTE]

go click "view connect products currently not accepting feedback." at the bottom left of directory.

[quote name='jimrome27']go click "view connect products currently not accepting feedback." at the bottom left of your directory.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much!

[quote name='jimrome27']go click "view connect products currently not accepting feedback." at the bottom left of directory.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! Thank you Jim! I was curious where it was XP. It's pending, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get in :) Also, awesome for you to send this to us OP. Thanks to the both of you!!

Thanks for the info on where the status pending stuff was located. The information they gave made it sound like it was supposed to be a big thing under your gamertag.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to see if I was selected when I get to the nearest computer. Keeping my fingers crossed![/QUOTE]

have fun waiting

**** I signed up yesterday and didn't get accepted. Would of loved that halo reach.
Would of gave me a reason to play my xbox.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DJKrimz']**** I signed up yesterday and didn't get accepted. Would of loved that halo reach.
Would of gave me a reason to play my xbox.[/QUOTE]How do you check?

It is not "would of". It is "would have" or "would've".

EDIT:
[quote name='jimrome27']go click "view connect products currently not accepting feedback." at the bottom left of directory.[/QUOTE]"View Connect products currently accepting feedback":
http://connect.microsoft.com/directory/non-feedback
Code:
Product			Program			Actions		Audience	Created
Xbox LIVE Update	Live Update Preview	Pending ?	Secure		1/7/2011

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buddynayr']Maybe I'm crazy, but can we hope for improvements on the video playback. .mkv support at least?[/QUOTE]

I already do using windows media center. It isn't that hard.

It's very doubtful you'll ever see the xbox play .mkv natively; it would piss off their Zune content contracts.

[quote name='Michael Essien']Why is it the UK never get these sort of things? damm microsoft[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge, the UK has been in on every single other beta including the one where they sent everyone Kinects.

[quote name='crunchewy']I missed out. Oh well. I'll experience it vicariously through you folks.[/QUOTE]

Well we had to agree not to talk, take pics or video, not even blog about what we are going to be testing out.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I already do using windows media center. It isn't that hard.

It's very doubtful you'll ever see the xbox play .mkv natively; it would piss off their Zune content contracts.[/QUOTE]

Wait, for real? .mkv files play through media center? or did you fiddle with it to get that to work?

[quote name='crazedimp321']Is there any way you can check on the xbox website the status of your registration form?[/QUOTE]

Just read the first posting ..

You can check on your status my referring to your Connect Dashboard page and the icon in the upper right corner.
If you see Xbox LIVE Update = Pending then you have successfully registered and now you just need to wait for a follow up mail.

So apparently what this new update does is allow for a new disc format, this new disc format allows for an additional gig of storage by minimizing some of the anti-piracy and so forth stuff Microsoft puts on the disc. Interesting stuff, curious to see what will happen with a whole extra gig of storage.

[quote name='Darth RaLLe']Just read the first posting ..

You can check on your status my referring to your Connect Dashboard page and the icon in the upper right corner.
If you see Xbox LIVE Update = Pending then you have successfully registered and now you just need to wait for a follow up mail.
[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think they are asking because that does not net any info. I registered (even double checked after registering by trying to register again) and I can't find anything pending in my Microsoft Connect Directory or Dashboard.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, I think they are asking because that does not net any info. I registered (even double checked after registering by trying to register again) and I can't find anything pending in my Microsoft Connect Directory or Dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Click on the link for the not accepting feed back. then you'll see the xbox live program.

[quote name='ZForce915']Wait, for real? .mkv files play through media center? or did you fiddle with it to get that to work?[/QUOTE]

I know there's a registry edit that lets WMC view the .mkv files. But sadly WMC does not support .mkv files out of the box.

Of course The one time i get off the website b/c of a new game i miss this !^#^&@*&(!%#$^$&#^*^%!$&*@(#$^$*%^&!@#%#&%^*^@$@#^#^%$#*^&(#
Pardon my french

[quote name='ZForce915']Wait, for real? .mkv files play through media center? or did you fiddle with it to get that to work?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't natively but if you follow this, you can.

Actually you can skip everything but installing the shark007 codec pack and usually it just works. The rest is fluff.

It still won't play nicely with 5.1 sometimes, and if you run into trouble just google 'shark007 mkv xbox'.

[quote name='Survivalism']Punctuation goes inside quotes.[/QUOTE]That rule applies to US-style quotation marks. UK-style quotation marks are more logical.

[quote name='XP1']That rule applies to US-style quotation marks. UK-style quotation marks are more logical.[/QUOTE]
what's more logical is staying on topic

@majornelson
Larry Hryb
If you signed up for the Preview Program last week, you MAY want to keep an eye on your email later today. That is all.

[quote name='thrustbucket']It doesn't natively but if you follow this, you can.

Actually you can skip everything but installing the shark007 codec pack and usually it just works. The rest is fluff.

It still won't play nicely with 5.1 sometimes, and if you run into trouble just google 'shark007 mkv xbox'.[/QUOTE]

I just convert from MKV to AVI. It's easier for me.

[quote name='jimrome27']hope i get in!!!

*EDIT nvm i got in! I checked the connect website! waiting for the email though[/QUOTE]

how do you check via the connect website? I tried to find it after i registered and didnt see anything. I still dont, but i know i registered correctly.

[quote name='The 7th Number']how do you check via the connect website? I tried to find it after i registered and didnt see anything. I still dont, but i know i registered correctly.[/QUOTE]

go to directory then click "go directly to a product home page" upper right corner then you'll see the preview

[quote name='theredworm']@majornelson
Larry Hryb
If you signed up for the Preview Program last week, you MAY want to keep an eye on your email later today. That is all.[/QUOTE]

:whee:

i i haven't got the email but i can log into the program on the website and it says
"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Program!

We are looking forward to your active participation in the program and hope that you will check back in here on a regular basis to stay informed and involved with the latest updates happening in the program. To access the latest information available for the program click on the links in the left-hand navigation bar or the specific content links below. "

so even if you don't have a e-mail try to log in :D

[quote name='jimrome27']go to directory then click "go directly to a product home page" upper right corner then you'll see the preview[/QUOTE]

i only see "microsoft game studios beta program". But i think thats an old update. :cry:

bread's done
Back