Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I semi-regretted selling Reach, so maybe we can get some CAG matches going and it'll re-spark the fun.[/QUOTE]

This. I still have my copy of Reach, but none of my friends play it, thus making boring. So if we have some CAG matches, I would start playing it again

I'm getting a disc, thanks OP! :D

[quote name='killer9']I gotta ask why did they include silver members they cant play reach multiplayer what is the point[/QUOTE]

I think they probably just want you to play the game. Not caring how we do so.

[quote name='killer9']I gotta ask why did they include silver members they cant play reach multiplayer what is the point[/QUOTE]

To test a new disc format, which doesn't require a Gold account, just an internet connection.

I'm in the Live group and didn't get an email either. What is the difference between the Live and Disc groups? Does the update come on the disc or over live? I assume that's the difference.

[quote name='praxus07']Guess now would be a good time to trade in our current copies of Reach???[/QUOTE]

I kind of want to do this but I'm nervous at the same time that it is possible something may not work properly on the new discs they are sending out. Or maybe even just be laggy or wicked slow loading..

[quote name='Rhu']I kind of want to do this but I'm nervous at the same time that it is possible something may not work properly on the new discs they are sending out. Or maybe even just be laggy or wicked slow loading..[/QUOTE]

Kinda feel the same way, but honestly, I haven't actually played Reach in months anyway, was just keeping it because I hate getting rid of games. Now though...seems like a good time.

Anyone know if they give us the disc in just your standard white sleeve or do we get the green box with manual too?

Maybe someone would know from previous dashboard previews? This is my first.

I traded in my copy of Reach to Amazon for $25.25 yesterday.

I checked here, then checked the site.

YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience
· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Keep checking back, mine didnt show up for a while, but eventually i was in.[/QUOTE]

Got the email already saying I'm not in.

[quote name='necrojustice']I traded in my copy of Reach to Amazon for $25.25 yesterday.

· Xbox LIVE Update – The updates will be released via the LIVE service and will work with the Halo Reach disc that we are providing.
· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, too bad I don't use Amazon though. Gotta hit GS here.

Sweet. Apparently I got in and am in the "disc group" although I think I'd rather get the update from Xbox Live rather than the disc. I'll be holding onto my original reach though because I'm guessing this version will almost certainly not be full retail in some form (whether it not be the full package or it simply has a different serial number and therefore can't be traded in down the line), or the possibility that it simply doesn't work as well as the original reach disc.

[quote name='Rhu']Anyone know if they give us the disc in just your standard white sleeve or do we get the green box with manual too?

Maybe someone would know from previous dashboard previews? This is my first.[/QUOTE]
I hope its complete. Shit would suck if it wasn't.

[quote name='necrojustice']I traded in my copy of Reach to Amazon for $25.25 yesterday.

· Xbox DISC Update – The initial update will be taken directly via the Halo Reach DISC that we are providing.[/QUOTE]

Alright, you convinced me. I setup the trade-in with Amazon for my Halo:Reach with Lost Planet 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Just sitting around anyways...

I hope we get a complete Halo:Reach and not just a disc in a sleeve.

[quote name='Rhu']Alright, you convinced me. I setup the trade-in with Amazon for my Halo:Reach with Lost Planet 2 and Modern Warfare 2. Just sitting around anyways...

I hope we get a complete Halo:Reach and not just a disc in a sleeve.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I am in the Live Group. I hope it is complete because I was thinking about doing the same thing with Amazon. Lol. Good luck everybody.

This is what some people are receiving, so count ourselves lucky. :D
Thank you for your interest in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. Regrettably, you were not selected to participate in this round of the Xbox Preview Program. We encourage you to look for future program opportunities and hope that you will register at that time for another chance to participate.
- Xbox Preview Administrators

No email, but I got in too. I didn't think I would since I didn't get picked for the last two previews I signed up for, but I guess the third time's a charm.

[quote name='Fragger']I haven't gotten an e-mail yet either, but I'm in as part of the Live update. Woo![/QUOTE]
No e-mail either. But, in the disc update

EDIT: lol, the moment I posted this, I clicked to another page, and I am in the Update crowd. Awesome!

Win. Got into the Disc group. Let's rock this beta test, people.

Edit: Were you guys asked to put in an address when you signed up? I don't think I got asked.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Win. Got into the Disc group. Let's rock this beta test, people.

Edit: Were you guys asked to put in an address when you signed up? I don't think I got asked.[/QUOTE]
You had to be asked, it was on the form we had to fill out.

"YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience" Dang i really wanted the disc :/ At least i got accepted into the Live update.

Edit: I just read it and they're making it seem like they ARE giving me a disc? I'm confused, Can someone clear this up please?

[quote name='OddFull Metal']You had to be asked, it was on the form we had to fill out.[/QUOTE]
Oh right! It was on the application. Huh. Do you know how to check what address one put down? I might need to change it if it takes them a while to mail out the discs.

[quote name='tankyroo']"YOU are in the Xbox LIVE Update Audience" Dang i really wanted the disc :/ At least i got accepted into the Live update.

Edit: I just read it and they're making it seem like they ARE giving me a disc? I'm confused, Can someone clear this up please?[/QUOTE]
They give you a disc regardless of which group you are in.

DISC group gets the game and update on the same disc.
LIVE group gets the game on the disc and the update via XBL.

Don't worry, you will get a disc.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']They give you a disc regardless of which group you are in.

DISC group gets the game and update on the same disc.
LIVE group gets the game on the disc and the update via XBL.

Don't worry, you will get a disc.[/QUOTE]
Okay, Thanks!

bread's done
Back