Xbox 360 system update preview nets you a free copy of Reach (closed)

[quote name='sp00ge']Here you go guys. Threw together a little something real quick in photoshop. And yes, I'm too lazy to completely redo the back cover.

[/QUOTE]

Thats getting printed and being used as the slipcover on mine :applause: Received my disc today from fed ex. Played a bit of Reach and I'm gonna install it tonight.

[quote name='sp00ge']Here you go guys. Threw together a little something real quick in photoshop. And yes, I'm too lazy to completely redo the back cover.

[/QUOTE]

lol nice

[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I don't even know if I'm going to throw in the disc. I already have Halo Reach, and after playing it for a whole, I'm not really into the whole Halo franchise. Oh well, more stuff to throw on the shelf.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I actually had 3 packages come in today along with the disc. The disc is so official it's scary.

DSCN0171-1-1.jpg

Turtle Beach talkback cable, Star Wars Force Unleashed, disc and Netflix. I'm addicted to Ebay. :cry:
[/QUOTE]

I totally have you beat. I got the disc from MS and an $8300 check from the IRS today. :D

Somethings wrong with mine. It says cant read update from the disc! :(
*EDIT found the answer. I'll post how to solve it
For Users Getting 3151-3354-B800-0F00-C000-003A

1) Turn off your console with the update/Reach disc inside.
2) Reboot your console (disc in tray).

If you're like me, the update should finish with a black screen, and then shift back to the Dashboard (as if functioning normally).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question.

The disk will continue to work after the new update is out to the public? Thinking of selling my other copy and keeping the version.

Trade in at Amazon right now is $25.

Even if it does continue to work, I'd rather keep my original case/manual/disc as opposed to getting $25 from Amazon and having only this fugly silver thing. I'm particular about those things, though.

[quote name='moojuice']:rofl:

I don't even know if I'm going to throw in the disc. I already have Halo Reach, and after playing it for a whole, I'm not really into the whole Halo franchise. Oh well, more stuff to throw on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

What was the point of joining the beta then?

[quote name='SynGamer']What was the point of joining the beta then?[/QUOTE]
For the update. I've been in every preview program, didn't want to break the streak.

[quote name='sp00ge']I totally have you beat. I got the disc from MS and an $8300 check from the IRS today. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the boxart, bro. Much appreciated!

[quote name='Matt Young']Even if it does continue to work, I'd rather keep my original case/manual/disc as opposed to getting $25 from Amazon and having only this fugly silver thing. I'm particular about those things, though.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to put a cd cover over the disk so it looks like the original reach disk, along with printing the case cover.

http://www.covershut.com/cd_covers/Halo-Reach-2010-Ntsc-Cd-Cover-47380.jpg

http://www.covershut.com/covers/Halo-Reach-2010-Ntsc-Front-Cover-47380.jpg

Easy $25, cag status.

Does anyone have a copy of the email they received? I havent got a email but I received the package today. They guy on the phone told me not to do anything with what I received until I received a email with directions as he said the beta forums arent open for us yet. I was just curious as to what the email said in case I didnt receive one

Expectations:

REMINDER: The Xbox LIVE preview program is confidential. Please don’t disclose, share, or discuss preview program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program Agreement. Specifically, please:
DO NOT Blog about the beta materials.
DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips of the beta materials.
DO NOT Discuss the beta materials, in discussion forums, emails, or podcasts.
DO NOT Talk with the media or press about the beta materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.

hahaha, VOID :p !!!

Guy doesn't know what he's talking about. A bunch of people didn't get emails. Just follow the directions on the included sheet of paper.

I got my disc today but 3 days ago I got the red rings of death so I'm going to buy a new Xbox. So did I get screwed out of a free Halo reach game or will it work on a new console? I know I says about don't use the disc on another console but if I wait till the new update is out will the disc work still so I can play Halo

Anyone else having issues getting into the update's private xbox forums? It's hanging on loading for me, just can't actually seem to get in at all....

[quote name='davfer']Expectations:

REMINDER: The Xbox LIVE preview program is confidential. Please don’t disclose, share, or discuss preview program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program Agreement. Specifically, please:
DO NOT Blog about the beta materials.
DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips of the beta materials.
DO NOT Discuss the beta materials, in discussion forums, emails, or podcasts.
DO NOT Talk with the media or press about the beta materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.

hahaha, VOID :p !!![/QUOTE]

Well, considering we all knew we were getting the disc, that's all I said I received. Not sure how they feel on that. Hell look at Kotaku, I might say I got in and got the disc but I won't spill anything else other than that. IF they have a problem with that, they can keep there crappy stuff and consoles.

[quote name='praxus07']Anyone else having issues getting into the update's private xbox forums? It's hanging on loading for me, just can't actually seem to get in at all....[/QUOTE]

what forum u talking about?

anyways got my disk today :bouncy:

edit: nvm found the private forums. It works fine for me. make sure ure logged into ure gamertag prior to clicking the link.
Also SynGamer, not cool seriously...u know why.

[quote name='praxus07']Anyone else having issues getting into the update's private xbox forums? It's hanging on loading for me, just can't actually seem to get in at all....[/QUOTE]

It still does not work for me. It just says:

Group Not Found
The requested Group cannot be found.

Got my disk today as well, but haven't tried yet. I had Halo Reach at Launch and still have not played one minute of the campaign, are the others that just play the online and could care less about the campaign like myself.

[quote name='blinkFRO']It still does not work for me. It just says:

Group Not Found
The requested Group cannot be found.[/QUOTE]

Gotta make sure you're either logged in and have used the forums before, or gotta be logged in and use the regular forums for a bit, then you'll get access to the private section. At least that's what the instructions said.

Finally got in myself, but it's extremely slow, like click a forum, go make coffee, come back, and as I sat down the page loaded. Not a fun experience so far.....

[quote name='devious20000']Got my disk today as well, but haven't tried yet. I had Halo Reach at Launch and still have not played one minute of the campaign, are the others that just play the online and could care less about the campaign like myself.[/QUOTE]

For me it's the other way round. Got it at launch and I only play the campaign, but could honestly care less if they didn't even include multiplayer on ALL games.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'd keep both until after the update. We don't know what'll happen afterwards.[/QUOTE]

The letter that comes with the letter is pretty straightforward. It says "this disc will only work in a console that has the beta update, otherwise that console will be banned from xbox live until the update goes live for the rest of the world". Once the update is live to everyone, I'd assume the disc works like any other copy of Reach, thus the "you can keep the media and please don't make copies" bit.

Got mine today. Is everyone installing theirs? By the way, game is awesome! Glad I didn't get it before today. Thanks M$!!!

[quote name='KingBroly']Why would you punish yourself with The Force Unleashed?[/QUOTE]

I snagged it for 2 bucks. ;) I'd rented it a while back, got through a portion, and I actually like it. Always fun to throw people around.

[quote name='sp00ge']I totally have you beat. I got the disc from MS and an $8300 check from the IRS today. :D[/QUOTE]

Gah, yeah, I'd much rather have that. :bow:

I wonder if posting a picture of the disc there is any sort of problem. Not like it's an up-close examination of it or anything. Hopefully we can get some CAG matches going in the future, whether it just be custom games or whatnot.

1. the disc will disolve in your hands when the update goes on LIVE for everyone (ha. a joke)

2. People who have installed the new disc, does is sit next to your old disc on your HDD? or does one erase the other?

Got my disc as well. The letter included in the package clearly states that the game is yours to keep. I don't see how they would "disable" it after the update become available to everyone. The only way someone would screw this up is to clearly put the disc in a non registered beta xbox.

It's Halo, guys. Between the Legendary Edition dropping to $60 at several places and MS basically giving the game away (along with Fable III), I'd say go ahead and get rid of your retail copy and just pick it back up in a few months for $0-20.

I had Reach installed, but I had reinstall it again with the new disc. Outside of some questionable lag (which is honestly Reach multiplayer in general) I haven't noticed any differneces.

For those that care there is a slight difference between the two groups
Live update group has a silver disc.
Disc Update group has a green label disc.

Quick question, does any one remember when they sign up th wording saying we'd get the halo disc and other gifts. Where's our other gifts???????

[quote name='draven1089']Quick question, does any one remember when they sign up th wording saying we'd get the halo disc and other gifts. Where's our other gifts???????[/QUOTE]

NOOOOO Where's my instant gratification???

I already got my free copy of Reach and it took about 5 minutes of actual work on my part, so that's a win for me. If we get anything extra that's another bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.

[quote name='drktrpr1']NOOOOO Where's my instant gratification???

I already got my free copy of Reach and it took about 5 minutes of actual work on my part, so that's a win for me. If we get anything extra that's another bonus, but I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm happy with the free disc. I'm just calling MS out on what they put in writing.

The copy of Reach is more than I've gotten for participating any other MS beta test. I'm perfectly happy if this is all we get.

i haven't installed this yet - do you need to load the whole thing onto your hard drive? if so, how big is it? can you use your Reach profiles/saved games from this?

[quote name='solohunter']i haven't installed this yet - do you need to load the whole thing onto your hard drive? if so, how big is it? can you use your Reach profiles/saved games from this?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, if we uninstall it, will our saves still be good?

This Halo: Reach is exactly the same as the Retail version of Halo: Reach, no differences plus it will still work once your beta is over. Get rid of your Retail copy, trade it in or sell it. The game you can run of the disc or install to HDD.

Like i stated earlier (and is stated in letter) it is the retail copy of Halo Reach.

[quote name='solohunter']i haven't installed this yet - do you need to load the whole thing onto your hard drive? if so, how big is it? can you use your Reach profiles/saved games from this?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I installed it(6.7 GB, 100+ MB bigger than the regular Reach disc) and it wasn't running off of the hard drive. Yes, you can use your Reach profiles/saved games.

bread's done
Back