Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='mtxbass1']Nice. I missed the $5 deal on Worms 2 at Amazon, so this is great.[/QUOTE]

Same here i was mad it "sold out" or expired in a few hours. Wanted to pick it up then.

Now I get a second chance and I'm taking it!

[quote name='hpv']Oh yeah? I heard Xbox Marketplace deals were randomly activated by Major Nelson's tweets. That's why he posts all day long, to make sure that the deals are live for everyone to enjoy.[/QUOTE]

My apologies if I was a bit... douchey, haha. I said that keeping in mind that he wouldn't be updating his blog; I didn't even think about Twitter because honestly, I abhor Twitter:p

Glad to see the deal is a nice one. Too bad I'm 40 points short, it's not active, and I may have to spend what little money I have on car parts.

I've already bought Worms 2 so I can't see if the price is correct online or not yet, but I updated the first post.

This was a weak deal for me since Amazon just had a better sale (Worms 2: Armageddon, Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, Street Fighter II′ - Hyper Fighting) a mere 2 weeks ago. But, I'm seeing that several CAGs in this thread missed out earlier, so it's nice for them. Too bad that in it's current 1 deal format they couldn't match that entire deal tho.

edit to add: Now, if the next two deals are Galactrix and Hyper Fighting, then I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:

spree45667: Well, when I visit XBL marketplace without signing in, I see it listed at 800MSP.

Do I need to be on my Xbox to get this? I'm nowhere near my Xbox for the next couple of days...
If I look at the Marketplace it is 800 pts still. Yes I am Gold. I like Gooooold (to keep up with the austin powers motif that snuck in with all the ball shorning).

Well at least the deal is good this time. I don't know if I will be buying it, but it seems good nonetheless.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']My apologies if I was a bit... douchey, haha. I said that keeping in mind that he wouldn't be updating his blog; I didn't even think about Twitter because honestly, I abhor Twitter:p

Glad to see the deal is a nice one. Too bad I'm 40 points short, it's not active, and I may have to spend what little money I have on car parts.[/QUOTE]

No worries, I was just making a joke about Major Nelson and his incessant twittering. Or is that "tweeting"? "Tweetering"? I can never remember. Except that anyone who does it is called a "twat". But that's kind of memorable.

[quote name='oxidative']Do I need to be on my Xbox to get this? I'm nowhere near my Xbox for the next couple of days...
If I look at the Marketplace it is 800 pts still. Yes I am Gold. I like Gooooold (to keep up with the austin powers motif that snuck in with all the ball shorning).[/QUOTE]

Finally someone catches the reference - or at least comments on it. :lol:

I loved worms 2 on the PC when I was younger. For only $5 I might have to pick this up. I had tons of fun back in the day hitting other worms with baseball bats and throwing old women that exploded at them.

I wonder if any themes or gamer pics will be on sale. Quick question is there a way to preview themes? I wanted to buy one(Bayonetta) but it doesn't show me what it looks like..

I got Worms on sale from Amazon about a week or so back but this is a promising sign for the rest of the deals. I'm hoping for a reduced Banjo Tooie or Braid myself.

Come on Deal of the Days on games I don't already own. Sadly, Worms is one I own. :whistle2:(

Banjo-Tooie would be nice... Virtua On... Defense Grid...

[quote name='intoxicated662']I've never been able to see the 'deal of the day' or 'deal of the week' when signing on at xbox.com so you have to do it on ya 360.[/QUOTE]
I've always gone thru their promotional links on the dashboard, but I would assume that the XBL marketplace on xbox.com is also updated to reflect the discounted price to qualified members. Else you would have gold members (heh) buying the DotW games for full price. I believe they would get some serious flak over that.

edit to add: I see that majornelson's tweet links to the Worms 2 page on xbox.com, so either it should be showing the 400 msp price or he's not being given all the info (it wouldn't be the first time) by TPTB.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='js1']I wonder if any themes or gamer pics will be on sale. Quick question is there a way to preview themes? I wanted to buy one(Bayonetta) but it doesn't show me what it looks like..[/QUOTE]
MS, please don't waste a deal day on a gamer pic or theme (sorry, js1 :)). The only way I could possible accept that as a valid deal would be if ALL gamer pics & themes were dropped by 80%. I still wouldn't spend my points on avatar pics & wallpaper, but I could at least acknowledge the savings.

As to previewing themes, there's a guy on youtube who is usually on point with providing video clips of the newest premium themes. I'd have to google up his youtube page or themexbox thread. Been a long time since I've visited either.

[quote name='NoDAK']MS, please don't waste a deal day on a gamer pic or theme (sorry, js1 :)). The only way I could possible accept that as a valid deal would be if ALL gamer pics & themes were dropped by 80%. I still wouldn't spend my points on avatar pics & wallpaper, but I could at least acknowledge the savings.

As to previewing themes, there's a guy on youtube who is usually on point with providing video clips of the newest premium themes. I'd have to google up his youtube page or themexbox thread. Been a long time since I've visited either.[/QUOTE]

Well, the reason I was hoping for a sale is because they are overpriced!:lol: Thanks for the tip though.

[quote name='js1']Well, the reason I was hoping for a sale is because they are overpriced!:lol: Thanks for the tip though.[/QUOTE]

Well pretty much any price is over prices for themes and gamer pictures, even if they are discounted.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well pretty much any price is over prices for themes and gamer pictures, even if they are discounted.[/QUOTE]^ Agreed

For those wondering the status of the deal online:

From Major Nelsons tweets in the past hour -

The Marketplace team is in the process of making Worms 2 400 points. It may take some time to show up at your end, but it should be soon.about an hour ago
Until then, enjoy your Saturday :)about an hour ago

It may take a few hours to straighten this out, i'll try and let you know when it's down to 400 points.about an hour ago

When Worms 2 is 400 points, that will be the price for all Xbox LIVE regions.about an hour ago

Looks like Worms is still 800 for some of you...I'll send and email and get this addressed. Not sure what's up.about an hour ago

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Come on Deal of the Days on games I don't already own. Sadly, Worms is one I own. :whistle2:(

Banjo-Tooie would be nice... Virtua On... Defense Grid...[/QUOTE]

Oooh I would love a Banjo Kazooie deal. I've been holding out on a sale for that.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Someone tell the Major he's going to be demoted unless he fixes the Coldplay price.[/QUOTE]

Have you even looked at the pack from within the Lips interface? It's been 240 since Sunday morning. Even when you go to the Game Marketplace(via xbl), then search either by song or "Most Recent", the Coldplay song pack shows up at 240...

[quote name='Kaltic']Well pretty much any price is over prices for themes and gamer pictures, even if they are discounted.[/QUOTE]

True..

[quote name='dchrisd']Deal's good for Silver members too. I don't have Gold and Worms 2 is showing up as 400 points.[/QUOTE]
The deals of the week (eg. Shadow Complex, The Maw ) will remain "gold exclusive", but Silver members can participate in ALL of these daily deals. OP might wanna note that in the first post, so nobody misses out.

400 Microsoft Points is enough of a deal on Worms 2: Armageddon that I was willing to bite. Thanks for the information, I had not logged on XBOX Live today, so I thought it was going to be another avatar accessory. >.>

I got the 2010 glasses, but they didn't start downloading until today and there was an error. Now I've lost them. NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh well. Worms 2 is tempting, but I haven't een played my Worms 1 yet. Will go do so now.

bread's done
Back