Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

Some people are never happy. They complain when there are no free avatar items, then they complain when they get one.

At least it's free. It sucks they wasted a whole day on one item

[quote name='mtxbass1']You've GOT to be kidding me...[/QUOTE]

Better than a weak map pack for a weak ass game like Halo or Gears of War. At least this is just useless instead of useless and offensive to any sense of good taste... well, maybe it's that too but it's still less bad than either of those.

That is pretty unimpressive. I would like to see some old DLC personally, but for games I actually want to play/finish soon. Specifically Overlord, Puzzle Quest, and Crackdown.

Eh, a free item is a free item. Would be cool if they did free items Advent Calender-style every year leading up to Christmas. Just stupid Avatar clothes/whatever would be fine. But I'd rather them reserve these DOTD deals for actual game-related stuff, with big discounts of 50%-75% off.

Awesome. I would have never imagined that the first deal for a holiday deal promotion would be a pair of wack avatar glasses. Were they really charging people for these before today?

it's free, but c'mon we're not all little kids and this should have been saved for the 31st to bring in the new year. deal of the day should be a game, dlc, add-on, etc. not some goofy glasses to bring in the new year. we haven't even gotten to christmas yet..

Wow...
I found out about the glasses on Twitter, not on the Xbox dashboard, so I didn't realize they was being counted as the DOTD. I just thought it was another complimentary holiday item like the Christmas present prop. I agree that they should have kept the deals seperate, but at least it's free. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the final deal in the countdown ends up being Joyride, instead of something epic.

[quote name='Treythalomew']Awesome. I would have never imagined that the first deal for a holiday deal promotion would be a pair of wack avatar glasses. Were they really charging people for these before today?[/QUOTE]

I think they didn't exist before today.

I don't mind free items, but I really hope they mix it up with these deals. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

Something I would never consider paying for in the first place can't really be considered a 'deal' IMO.

[quote name='Skoad']I hope tomorrow is the santa hat![/QUOTE]
I'm not into Avatar items, but I think that would have been nice. IMHO, it's not a tacky accessory. It's a static object that actually your Avatar. And it's something I could have worn each Winter season. Still would have preferred a decent deal on a decent game.
[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Free is free, but crap is crap.[/QUOTE]
Free crap > Overpriced crap

I was skeptically expecting some barely discounted DLC that no one wanted, so it could have been worse.
[quote name='Walt Jay']I think they didn't exist before today. [/QUOTE]
I could have sworn they were the last item listed in the holiday collection. But, maybe I'm mistaken, 'cause they aren't there now.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's free so I don't really care. If it was like "avatar glasses for 33% off!" then I'd be a little upset.

Free or not, this sucks. Hey MS, how about some daily deals that we may actually want or would spend our points on?

They couldn't pay me or my avatar to put those stupid fucking glasses on. I have a strong suspicion that people who actually purchase things for their avatar are the same people who think that their dog likes to wear sweaters or that their cat needs boots

hopefully they give out a punch bowl of egg nog, and you can watch your avatar get drunk...while wearing the glasses, and if you downloaded both items they somehow are able to wear the crappy holiday sweater and trip over the xbox360 gift box, smashing it.

otherwise, free is free even if it's crap. if you don't like it, don't download it. There's almost 2 more weeks of potential free crap that may or may not meet/exceed your expectations.

til then...you can always look forward to getting Maw for 400 pts when it comes out.

I think I spent more time viewing this thread in anticipation of today's deal than I will spend looking at my XBL avatar over the span of a year.

I think you all are missing the more important question brought to mind with this deal of the day - How are they gonna make stupid ass new years glasses to ring in 2011?!?!

[quote name='hpv']Better than a weak map pack for a weak ass game like Halo or Gears of War. At least this is just useless instead of useless and offensive to any sense of good taste... well, maybe it's that too but it's still less bad than either of those.[/QUOTE]

Go troll somewhere else. Also, seek therapy.

The glasses are lame but at least they're free. I'd be much more unhappy with discounted avatar clothing. I also figured there would be some disappointments in these deals, but I thought the first one would've been stronger.

Downloaded the glasses. They look retarded on my Avatar because of the long bangs, but maybe they'll grow on me. Kind of anti-climatic, all the same.

It's interesting that the "1" over my Avatar's forehead resembles a lower-case "L". I think MS is trying to tell me something.

Wow, people are REALLY bitching over a free item? That they are getting onn top of the normal DOTW items? Mind = blown.
[quote name='hpv']Better than a weak map pack for a weak ass game like Halo or Gears of War. At least this is just useless instead of useless and offensive to any sense of good taste... well, maybe it's that too but it's still less bad than either of those.[/QUOTE]
Yeah! Should have been DLC for Generic Animu RPG #306 AMIRITE?

I just got my download code for the Maw last week. When I won it on 1 vs. 100 I thought I got some generic arcade game but it really is pretty fun. Cover Art isn't helping that game sell at all.

[quote name='MuzykMann']I think you all are missing the more important question brought to mind with this deal of the day - How are they gonna make stupid ass new years glasses to ring in 2011?!?![/QUOTE]

Damn good question. Last New Year's Eve, I actually said to someone, "At least, there are no more "00" years, so we don't have to see some annoying bitch wearing the lame glasses." My imagination, as you can see, isn't as great as the morons who came up with the solution for this year. I'm sure they will figure something out for 2011.

[quote name='radar5']can't wait to see how these glasses look with my Sherlock Holmes outfit[/QUOTE]

Same here, if anyone is considering Shadow Complex, it's a solid buy, one of the best uses of 1200 points evah!

[quote name='MuzykMann']I think you all are missing the more important question brought to mind with this deal of the day - How are they gonna make stupid ass new years glasses to ring in 2011?!?![/QUOTE]Watch them bend the two 1's to form two halves of a circle.

[quote name='NoDAK']Or, New Year's monocles?

Way too much anger in this thread. It's just the first day. Hopefully, each deal gets better.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow: Free 2010 Party Hat \\:D/

;)

I think the last holiday deal of the day should be: "14 days of holiday deals and all I got was this stupid t-shirt" (avatar item).

Free is free...also, it should be noted that today's deal, at least, doesn't require you to have Gold, since I don't, and I just downloaded it.

No, Bingo Brown, please don't give them any ideas! :whistle2:$ I think there are 13 holiday props...that's one for each of these remaining deal days.

No matter what happens during the other daily deals, I've got the DotW that I've been waiting for. So, I'm happy.

bread's done
Back