Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

I've been so tempted to get Shadow Complex after getting that Target coupon on 1600 pts to work twice. Glad I didn't jump the gun. Thanks for the post!

Oh man, I've gotta get me some points and get shadow complex, There's no way i can let that deal fly by without me getting in on it. Thank you very much for the heads up!

Sweet, I've been meaning to buy The Maw ever since I finished 'Splosion Man. Also, anybody on the fence about Shadow Complex, definitely pick it up at that price. It's an awesome game. Hopefully the daily deals are good and aren't just for ancient games or DLC nobody cares about.

Sweeet! I already own Pinball FX but for $5 that rocks!!! It is one of the better Pinball Video Games out there! I'll definitely be picking up Shadow Complex (finally! but $15 is more than I am willing to shell out for downloadable games...) and POSSIBLY the Maw... I'll have to try the demo...

If anyone likes the 2d Metroid or GBA Castlevania games (as well as SOTN) get Shadow Complex while on sale. Don't think about it, don't wrestle with it, don't pass it up. It's such an enjoyable game experience.

Am I the only one who didn't like Shadow Complex? Its not terrible, but its really bland, and the enemies are all the same. Plus the 2.5d shooting was annoying, with enemies in the background. I loved Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night, those games were unique and had cool enemies and bosses.

Will download the demos of SC and Maw. Then decide. Definitely will be getting the TrialsHD DLC even though not on sale. I love TralsHD.

I don't know if I'll end up with Shadow Complex. I've kind of enjoyed Castlevania games, which some seem to be saying this is like, but I have never finished a Castlevania game because inevitably I end up getting bored with them as it gets too repetitive and involves too much backtracking and trying to remember where you saw things before. Still, I'll give the demo a shot.

I'll most likely pick up the Maw at that price. I really enjoyed Splosion Man, so I'm kinda curious about their previous XBLA title.

SWEET!!! I gotta get The Maw for that price! Is the full game as good as the demo? Cause the demo was amazing.

I'm going to have to try out the demos first. I know everyone raves about Shadow Complex, but I want to be sure it's worth playing for my tastes.

[quote name='youenvy']If you plan on watching Sherlock Homes, be sure to buy that 1600pts card at Best Buy on Sunday to score the free movie ticket and clothing item for your avatar. ;) ---by linkinprime

n e 1 knows how this works--is there a special sherlock card-

edit-found it-- http://www.us.bestbuy.com/site/SHER...X360/9668936.p?id=1218142380726&skuId=9668936[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy usuallly has those laying around for a while. I'm going to gamble waiting till Friday to pick one up

BTW: The Holiday Present Prop is FREE on the holiday maretplace for a limited time.....

Shadow Complex for 800 MS points is a damn good deal.

Too bad their deals of the week are only for GOLD members...

So what do Silver members get exactly, just the deals of the day? Eh...

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Shadow Complex for 800 MS points is a damn good deal.

Too bad their deals of the week are only for GOLD members...

So what do Silver members get exactly, just the deals of the day? Eh...[/QUOTE]

Silver members get nothing, most likely.

[quote name='myka22']Am I the only one who didn't like Shadow Complex? Its not terrible, but its really bland, and the enemies are all the same. Plus the 2.5d shooting was annoying, with enemies in the background. I loved Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night, those games were unique and had cool enemies and bosses.[/QUOTE]

Super Metroid had like just as many enemies in the game, crappier shooting & was flat out bland looking designs throughout in comparison IMHO.
Castlevania SOTN on the other hand, I can still see being better. :)

gonna pick up both Shadow Complex and the Maw, heard some awesome stuff about these games from friends.
Already have enough MS points :cool:

Finally some good deals on good arcade games. Really like the demo of SC and have heard a lot of good about the maw. Will have to check out the demo. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='reddjoey']BTW: The Holiday Present Prop is FREE on the holiday maretplace for a limited time.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Can't beat free. *^_^*

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Im for the Maw for sure. I heard SC is great and all, but I'm not a big action.adventure game guy. Maybe...[/QUOTE]

and the Maw is what type of game?

What is the deal with the "The Holiday Present Prop"? I got it and as far as I can tell all you get is that when you are in the Avatar editing mode (well, before editing), you can open the present and find a sweater and an xbox 360, and then do absolutely nothing with either of them. Did this thing ever actually cost money? I'd hate to be a fool who paid money for this. Maybe I'm missing something, though.

For those interested in the Coldplay pack, here's the link

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf004b-0000-4000-8000-00004d530888?cid=SLink

[quote name='crunchewy']What is the deal with the "The Holiday Present Prop"? I got it and as far as I can tell all you get is that when you are in the Avatar editing mode (well, before editing), you can open the present and find a sweater and an xbox 360, and then do absolutely nothing with either of them. Did this thing ever actually cost money? I'd hate to be a fool who paid money for this. Maybe I'm missing something, though.[/QUOTE]

It's a prop for your avatar. It makes your avatar do some animation and then it just sits there.

It did cost money temporarily but that was an error and was quickly changed to free. However there are a bunch of other props that don't do much and cost money.

[quote name='crunchewy']What is the deal with the "The Holiday Present Prop"? I got it and as far as I can tell all you get is that when you are in the Avatar editing mode (well, before editing), you can open the present and find a sweater and an xbox 360, and then do absolutely nothing with either of them. Did this thing ever actually cost money? I'd hate to be a fool who paid money for this. Maybe I'm missing something, though.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of avatar items like this. All the Avatar pets, all the things like the Guilty Spark, guitars, and so forth, only show up when you're looking at yourself on the Dashboard, or if your friends are looking you up on their Friends page or something. They're just showy and amusing.

Personally, I don't mind these things for free. Figure they'll amuse my friends, and they amuse me.

So I saw that these deals are for Gold members only. Does that mean that third party websites, like Amazon, will still be selling the game at full price even during the sale week?

[quote name='utopianmachine']So I saw that these deals are for Gold members only. Does that mean that third party websites, like Amazon, will still be selling the game at full price even during the sale week?[/QUOTE]

probably, unless Amazon PM's it, which they never have in the past..

[quote name='token2k6']probably, unless Amazon PM's it, which they never have in the past..[/QUOTE]

Alrighty, just checking. Thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='utopianmachine']So I saw that these deals are for Gold members only. Does that mean that third party websites, like Amazon, will still be selling the game at full price even during the sale week?[/QUOTE]Amazon has matched PSN sale prices on items they sell, though PSN sales are for everyone. These sales are only for XBL Gold subscribers, which isn't all users of XBL.

Amazon would have no way to verify if someone had XBL Gold or not, where MS would.

I'm just keeping this up top....really looking forward to what's in store for us since I took advantage of the Micro Center 1600 points for 12.99 sale.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']What is Trials HD pack?[/QUOTE]
It's the new DLC pack for Trials HD:

The DLC will contain 35 new maps, 50 new objects for the level editor and 5 new tournaments. The DLC will also pack three more Achievements, which should please all the trick jumping masters out there.

I'm really interested to see whether the one-day sales are decent... my optimistic side is hoping that, because the sales are only one day and unannounced beforehand, the prices will be awesome... my realistic is fighting for dear life ;)

bread's done
Back