Xbox Live DOTW: The Maw plus DOTD: Battlefield 1943

[quote name='spree4567']December 21 through December 27:
Shadow Complex for 800 points [/QUOTE]There we go! With my Micro Center point cards bought for $13, this means I'll be paying $6.50 instead of $15 for this. SOLD!!!!

[quote name='aosora13']Can you buy games online with a silver account?[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong but I think these prices may be for gold members only

[quote name='GlassAgate']"The Maw" for 400? I played the demo, and it was fun.
Has anyone tried the full game, yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got The Maw at the regular 800 points at release and have bought all the DLC add-on levels too (2 or 3, can't recall). Its an excellent game. A great, light-hearted, fun platformer. My 7-year-old daughter had a blast playing it too. It was a smidge too complex for her to do completely on her own, but she did pretty well.

Its made by the same studio (Twisted Pixel) who later made 'Splosion Man, btw. Its a completely different style of game, but does have a similar sense of style and humor and a somewhat similar art style.

Here's a write-up that Kotaku did on The Maw:

http://kotaku.com/5138125/the-maw-micro+review-a-frank-and-his-blob

I'll be picking up Shadow Complex for sure. Probably pick up the Maw too, just need to check on whether I should get the 360 version or wait for an inevitable even cheaper price on the game + expansions for the Steam version.

Looks like I'll be picking up Shadow Complex and The Maw finally.

Damn, someone needs to put points on sale because I'm running low!

I have a 48 hour gold card so I can purchase Shadow Complex on the 21st although it is limited. I do not really play online and there is no decent deal for Xbox Live for $30 12 months so I will have to wait until there is a sell before I get a 12 month card.

[quote name='aosora13']I have a 48 hour gold card so I can purchase Shadow Complex on the 21st although it is limited. I do not really play online and there is no decent deal for Xbox Live for $30 12 months so I will have to wait until there is a sell before I get a 12 month card.[/QUOTE]

48-hour gold trials don't qualify you for these sales (unless they changed something recently).

I love deals of the week. Finally shadow complex will be mine and probably the maw a week later.

I don't understand why they don't put a lot of the older stuff on sale as well. I wonder what the trials DLC will be?

I wonder if they'll include Games On Demand in the daily deals since most are overpriced to begin with. Especially when compared to all these B2G1 deals lately.

Everyone should buy Shadow Complex at that price. One of the best games this year IMO.

And I'll finally get the Maw for 400 points.

I'll definitely pick up The Maw and Trials HD DLC. Might pick up Pinball FX. And for those who don't have Shadow Complex... it is a MUST buy.

Hopefully we get some decent daily deals.

Awesomesauce. I was seriously going to buy Shadow Complex AND The Maw soon because of the text POWER promotion. I haven't bought them yet though cuz I'm lazy. This just saved me money! I love you OP.

[quote name='reddjoey']One more vote to pick-up a 1600 point card and save it for Shadow Complex and The Maw.[/QUOTE]

If you plan on watching Sherlock Homes, be sure to buy that 1600pts card at Best Buy on Sunday to score the free movie ticket and clothing item for your avatar. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you plan on watching Sherlock Homes, be sure to buy that 1600pts card at Best Buy on Sunday to score the free movie ticket and clothing item for your avatar. ;)[/QUOTE]

In for one. Now I need to scrap up some cash

Well it looks like I will finally pick up The Maw. Heard ntohing but good things about it and 400 pts sounds right. Will have to keep an eye on the "daily" deals.

Looking forward to seeing what the daily deals are as the deals of the month do nothing for me since I don't particularly like platformers. :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Looking forward to seeing what the daily deals are as the deals of the month do nothing for me since I don't particularly like platformers. :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]

Would the Maw or Shadow Complex be considered platformers?

Ill be picking up Shadow Complex.

[quote name='KingBroly']They might. I think they match the deals usually.[/QUOTE]

Sadly no they dont. Ive checked them for the last few sales.

Amazon did recently do $5 for Worms 2 though which was not a LIVE sale. So they still do something atleast.

The Maw is totally worth the 400 points, It was worth the 800 points I bought it for.

Very sweet, charming game. To anyone who may not know, when you complete certain missions/beat the game, you also unlock a FREE premium Maw theme and 2 gamerpics.

I wish more games packed more value like the Maw did.

bread's done
Back