Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

well Aug 26th a Kinectless Xbox One Bundle will release with a digital copy of Madden 15 for $399.99

Also includes a token for three Ultimate Team pro packs.

Pretty decent deal.
Depends... you lose the value of a physical copy (trade value), and if you preorder at gamestop or Best Buy you get more than three packs... If you don't care about the cards, and you are going to keep Madden for the year even though it will eventually be added to EA access, then it is an ok deal.

At this rate maybe ill wait a year and see if sunset overdrive comes to pc lol
but that white bundle looks nice tho. i am still holding out for a slim redesign before getting a xbox one, unless i can score one like the $40 xbox 360s from awd. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a headsup, but EA season ticket is back for $20 for an alternative to Access.  gets you 3 days of full access to MAdden, NHL, and FIFA, 25 ultimate team packs for each game, and a 20% discount on DLC for the three games.  However it is not yet announced for PS4 or Xbox one

Just a headsup, but EA season ticket is back for $20 for an alternative to Access. gets you 3 days of full access to MAdden, NHL, and FIFA, 25 ultimate team packs for each game, and a 20% discount on DLC for the three games. However it is not yet announced for PS4 or Xbox one
no way it comes to x1 plus it was announced back on july first so we should have realized something was up when x1/ps4 was not listed on season ticket website

According to Neogaf (Which got the information from Reddit) The Simpsons is available to stream on the Xbox One app FXNow. I don't think it's available on the other apps (Can't find it on Windows 8) so I'm not sure if it's some exclusive thing or a mistake.

According to Neogaf (Which got the information from Reddit) The Simpsons is available to stream on the Xbox One app FXNow. I don't think it's available on the other apps (Can't find it on Windows 8) so I'm not sure if it's some exclusive thing or a mistake.
Probably has to do with FXX Every Episode of The Simpsons marathon that starts in 2 weeks.

The 1.8 gig update made my tv/system "flicker" more often, had to go back to 720p and then back to 1080p.

BTW Ryse is coming out to PC this fall. Another exclusive lost.
But I am going to double dip down the road when it's dirt cheap, Ryse at 4k is going to be glorious to look at. Still the best looking console game so far.
It's not lost, it's still Microsoft. So it's coming to PC, like Dead Rising 3 if your PC can run it good on ya if not grab the console version.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="11992137" timestamp="1407470393"]If Microsoft lets PC players play with PS3/4 players in FFXIV I wonder why they wont let it on XB1[/quote]
Microsoft doesn't really have a say in the PC side. It is more likely Sony allows PC players to communicate with PSN and Microsoft won't allow cross platform communication to Live. Which is odd since they attempted it in the 360's early days.

well fx got the rights to simpsons so i doudt it's a error. infact on aug 21 st fxx is showing all simpsons episodes for ten days non stop.

Say what you will about Timbo, but he's no slidecage. Slidecage went on a racist, hate filled rant... in the wrestling thread. Of course, all that happened was the post got deleted- no silencing or ban- because the few mods left here don't think that racism is all that bad, apparently. I'm honestly surprised they even noticed the post. But God help us all if someone mentions PlayStation in the Xbox thread! PERMABAN.

Did I miss a setting somewhere that lets my Xbox One download game and firmware updates in the background while it's in standby mode like on PS4? I'm starting to get tired of turning it on and having my plans to play games put on hold for a 2 GB firmware update that needs to download first, so I'd prefer if it could download them while it's not in use and I can just let it install when I start it up to skip the long waits this stuff entails.

Did I miss a setting somewhere that lets my Xbox One download game and firmware updates in the background while it's in standby mode like on PS4? I'm starting to get tired of turning it on and having my plans to play games put on hold for a 2 GB firmware update that needs to download first, so I'd prefer if it could download them while it's not in use and I can just let it install when I start it up to skip the long waits this stuff entails.
Settings > Power & Startup > Power Options

It has to be in Instant On mode for it to be activated.

Say what you will about Timbo, but he's no slidecage. Slidecage went on a racist, hate filled rant... in the wrestling thread. Of course, all that happened was the post got deleted- no silencing or ban- because the few mods left here don't think that racism is all that bad, apparently. I'm honestly surprised they even noticed the post. But God help us all if someone mentions PlayStation in the Xbox thread! PERMABAN.
There were a couple other assholes involved in that. I don't agree with with what he said, but let's not act like people weren't poking him with a stick, calling him retarded and posting pictures of Down's Syndrome kids.

Settings > Power & Startup > Power Options

It has to be in Instant On mode for it to be activated.
It's already on, so it definitely doesn't grab firmware updates for me. That's disappointing that it hasn't been addressed with all of the updates they've released so far.

There were a couple other assholes involved in that. I don't agree with with what he said, but let's not act like people weren't poking him with a stick, calling him retarded and posting pictures of Down's Syndrome kids.
Can't believe i missed the show.

Sometimes I'm tempted to ask slidecage to translate Timbos post.
I do wish he would learn to use the basics such as the question mark. It makes it hard to understand and/or agree with him sometimes. But at least he's usually positive, which is a lot less wearying than negative people.

Pitfallharry is absolutely right that people were antagonizing Slidecage, but it was the nature of the response that I took issue with. Dude went on a rant about Obama, black people, and welfare. What he said had very little to do with what was said to him.

But I do apologize. It was not my intent to derail the discussion. On topic... I am still waiting for that EA Access code. I even signed up for notifications from EA after learning here yesterday that I could do that.

That all sounds just fine to me, Paul. I just hope I can get in soon!

And yes, I got my preview program invitation Monday night and got the prompt to update my system on Wednesday, so I'm all set in that regard.

Hey guys, just ordered an Xbox One yesterday!  It comes with Kinect.  I'm going in with low expectations, but if I see one cool use for it I'll keep the Kinect.

Anyway, I've been saving some GwG monthly, so I'll have a few things to play.  Was a big Panzer fan so hopefully Crimson Dragon is better than what people have been telling me.  I played it at a MS store Kiosk and I'm looking forward to it.

So what should I do with my new console first?  Is there any creative useful ways to use the HDMI Input even if I don't have a cable box?  Any suggested co-op (local and online) titles?  And the most important question, any games to play with the lesser skilled wife?

Can't wait for Scalebound and Phantom Dust!

Hey guys, just ordered an Xbox One yesterday! It comes with Kinect. I'm going in with low expectations, but if I see one cool use for it I'll keep the Kinect.

Anyway, I've been saving some GwG monthly, so I'll have a few things to play. Was a big Panzer fan so hopefully Crimson Dragon is better than what people have been telling me. I played it at a MS store Kiosk and I'm looking forward to it.

So what should I do with my new console first? Is there any creative useful ways to use the HDMI Input even if I don't have a cable box? Any suggested co-op (local and online) titles? And the most important question, any games to play with the lesser skilled wife?

Can't wait for Scalebound and Phantom Dust!
The voice commands for the kinect are nice, especially if you have kids or adults who constantly lose the TV remote.

As far as the HDMI input, you can run any HDMI device through it (360, PC, etc) but all that will do is save you the trouble of switching inputs (or give you an extra HDMI if your TV only has a few).

As far as games, the only one that my non-gaming fiance likes (and is relatively good at) is Rayman and Angry Birds.

I'm in the preview program, and I don't have access to 3D Blu Ray. Yes, my TV is capable before anyone asks. :p

Any ideas?

The option for it should be in Settings > Display & Sound > Video Fidelity and a checkbox for Allow 3D.

If the option isn't there, I don't know what to tell you.

Any of the Lego games are great Co-op games especially for new players. I know Lego Marvel was very good but I haven't heard much about Lego The Hobbit, or The Lego Movie.

As Sp00ge mentioned Rayman Legends is another great Co-op game but it may be too hectic for somebody who doesn't play a lot of games since it's a pretty fast paced platformer. Plants VS Zombies has a Splitscreen coop mode which I believe is similar to a horde mode where you fight off waves of enemies together.

Finally if either of you are racing fans Forza 5 has splitscreen.

I wouldn't buy Plants vs. Garden Warfare *for* the split-screen mode, because that part of the game is terrible and underdeveloped. The actual game is a must-buy if you like team-based competitive shooters though. And it is very kid-friendly.

Guacamelee is another great local co-op game. It gets pretty hard, but one skilled player can carry the other player pretty effectively.

i really love the x1 cloud at this point. 

i sold madden 25 couple months ago and then just got it back with ea access and all my stuff was saved even my user roster files and unfinished play now game was all intact on the system thanks to the cloud. 

i really love the x1 cloud at this point.

i sold madden 25 couple months ago and then just got it back with ea access and all my stuff was saved even my user roster files and unfinished play now game was all intact on the system thanks to the cloud.
Yeah, when I upgraded the hard drive in my PS4 cloud saves made it really easy to move stuff over.

I wouldn't buy Plants vs. Garden Warfare *for* the split-screen mode, because that part of the game is terrible and underdeveloped. The actual game is a must-buy if you like team-based competitive shooters though. And it is very kid-friendly.

Guacamelee is another great local co-op game. It gets pretty hard, but one skilled player can carry the other player pretty effectively.
I generally agree with you on Garden Warfare split screen, unless you have kids that you play games with. I've had good fun with local split-screen with my son and daughter. It was a differentiating feature for me.

I have $40 in promo codes to the MS Store expiring soon, was thinking about using them for a game or two.  I have the Master Chief Collection and Sunset Overdrive pre-ordered already in their retail store.  Should I just toss them on a Halo 5 preorder although that wont be out till late next year or go for something sooner like Forza Horizon 2 or Destiny?

If you played the Destiny beta and liked it you could always get Destiny. If you haven't played the beta I would pass since I played it and hated it. That being said a lot of other people liked it so meh.

You could always get Xbox Gift Cards and then horde credit for something else.

I think my x1 hd is messed up. Turned on system tonight and just like last week it made me do 1.8 gb patch before it would start the system.i think it has something to do with aug update seeing it deletes it after new update

If you played the Destiny beta and liked it you could always get Destiny. If you haven't played the beta I would pass since I played it and hated it. That being said a lot of other people liked it so meh.

You could always get Xbox Gift Cards and then horde credit for something else.
I played the beta on PS4 and will likely get the game there although the beta didn't blow me away. Thought about Xbox credit as well but honestly there's very little left on the marketplace that I want to buy. Leaning towards Forza Horizon 2 at this point

bread's done
Back