Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Just got Horizon 2, so sales are officially past the 120k mark.

Great game as expected, loved the demo.

The week of Halloween they are giving 2 years of GCU for $30 when you purchase a game, I don't know how anyone who buys games new cna pass up on GCU.
For real? Well I am getting my xbox one on the 28th but I already ordered it online. Think I can get them to consider my sunset overddrive bundle a game and just give me gcu for $30? Anyway if this is real I may break down and buy horizons on the 28th.

Reach launch was iffy.

Had a few issues with Halo 3 launch, but when I was done with the campaign everything was Golden.

Halo 4 launch was fine.

MCC will be fine.

Reach launch was iffy.

Had a few issues with Halo 3 launch, but when I was done with the campaign everything was Golden.

Halo 4 launch was fine.

MCC will be fine.
Thing is I just can't bring myself to care about games I've played already. And that is coming from the person who's main reason for getting an x1 is that I can't play halo 5 on my ps4

I've got Lords of the Fallen and Sunset Overdrive pre-ordered from the MS store for the $15/each. I think I'll go digital for the Halo collection. I wouldn't trade in 4 Halos while they were still worth more than $5 and I'll get to pre-download everything. Should also push me to level 1 on rewards which means I start getting $$ back on digital buys, so that's cool.

If the Halo games have a rocky launch I am not worried. Luckily I only ever beat Halo 1. 

I've got Lords of the Fallen and Sunset Overdrive pre-ordered from the MS store for the $15/each. I think I'll go digital for the Halo collection. I wouldn't trade in 4 Halos while they were still worth more than $5 and I'll get to pre-download everything. Should also push me to level 1 on rewards which means I start getting $$ back on digital buys, so that's cool.

If the Halo games have a rocky launch I am not worried. Luckily I only ever beat Halo 1.
You hear about the 20gb day one patch?

Thing is I just can't bring myself to care about games I've played already. And that is coming from the person who's main reason for getting an x1 is that I can't play halo 5 on my ps4
I hear you and respect your opinion.

Though to me nothing really has topped the Halo 2 multiplayer experience for me outside of probably Counterstrike. Halo 2 was just plain fun online and the maps were great, the ranking system, etc.

We're talking original XBox days of XBox Live experience - one of the first big things.

To me the experience will be renewed. Kind of like how I'm playing through Harmony of Dissonance and Castlevania Circle of the Moon the Wii U Virtual Console - It's been so long since I played any of these games that the experience seems fresh again.

Though if your burnt out on Halo 1/2/3/4 then yes, the experience is not going to be the same for you.

I look forward to Halo 5 myself. I'd recommend Sunset Overdrive and D4 for new experiences. Forza Horizon 2 if your into racing and never played the first because FH2 is amaze balls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of. KI Gold was a modified version of the arcade game Killer Instinct 2. Graphics were downgraded to work on the N64, but some new team battle modes were added in Gold.

I heard and was happy. I don't have a data cap myself so the download is prefered to a second disc to install or that I would need to switch to in order to play multi-player.
Well I for one would be pissed off if I had to leave my x1 on all day just to download 20gb even if i don't have data cap. BTW on the x1 can you play online while stuff is downloaded? I'm getting the sunset overddrive bundle and have Titanfall on my shelf and would like to play it while ssod and ki download.

Yeah things download in the background while you're playing. That's how I had it when I was in NC and with internet with no caps. It was actually quite nice.

I actually just visited other family here in NY today, brought my Xbox, so i downloaded the updates for the system, a few games and got the rest of the pinball tables for Pinball FX 2, which I had picked up from the 360 version.

Wow, I never knew that they made Killer Instinct 2 or is it just the N64 Killer Instinct Gold rebranded for the Xbox One?
That's why I linked to the review. :p

Well I for one would be pissed off if I had to leave my x1 on all day just to download 20gb even if i don't have data cap. BTW on the x1 can you play online while stuff is downloaded?
You don't even have to leave the console on. It can download updates in the low-power mode that most of us use when we turn the console off. I don't think game updates download automatically, at least not for disc-based games. But start the update and turn off the console and it would keep going.

You don't even have to leave the console on. It can download updates in the low-power mode that most of us use when we turn the console off. I don't think game updates download automatically, at least not for disc-based games. But start the update and turn off the console and it would keep going.
Ah, I didn't see your link. I just watched that youtube video you posted. Spoiler alert right there for Jago. ;)

But will it stop downloading immediately if you try to play a game on xbox live like the 360?

[quote name="el swordo" post="12172015" timestamp="1413814499"]But will it stop downloading immediately if you try to play a game on xbox live like the 360?[/quote]
Nope. It will keep downloading, which is a feature I miss.

Add me into the "got an XB1" grouping, picked up for DA: I when it comes out.  I have The Evil Within, picked up due to the KMart SWYR points situation and I'm looking at getting Shadow of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive (for the tie-in at BB for two more years of GCU @ $30), as well as Alien Isolation.   Also picked up Forza 5 LE when at launch due to a good deal at the time.  I also have all of the freebie games from GWG.

Any games worth looking into that aren't "coming out with a GOTY version" sometime soon?

I'm sure you know about the master chief collection. Ryse is definitely recommend great game online is kinda addictive. I think the legendary edition is coming out with the game and all the dlc. Titanfall and

Battlefield 4 are my other picks.

I'm sure you know about the master chief collection. Ryse is definitely recommend great game online is kinda addictive. I think the legendary edition is coming out with the game and all the dlc. Titanfall and

Battlefield 4 are my other picks.
I heard Ryse was coming with a GOTY version, so I can certainly wait on that. I did plan on getting MCC as well, another reason to pick up the XB1. Is Titanfall worth getting if I'm not a big multiplayer type?

I'll probably pick up the EA Pass at the $29.99 year cost so I can get BF4 and the other games that are part of it, at least for one year.

Ya I plan on picking up the EA pass as well, great deal.

Well, since titanfall is pretty much online only and you don't care for online I would avoid it. Great game, piloting the mechs is really a lot of fun and hopefully they can expand the gameplay in the sequel.

BF4 is such a great game, yes it had problems, but I was lucky and only experienced the dashboard crashes which almost every launch game had. Now the game is much more stable. 32vs32 60fps is what BF really needed and it shows what console gamers have been missing for years compared to the PC version.

You also got plants vs zombies, which is also included with the ea access. Just an all around fun game with free dlc, cant beat that.

bf4 was GIANT let down for me after playing bf3 on pc since launch i went back to it after couple weeks of bf4. after playing hardline beta i felt that could have been a dlc for bf4 so it's good it was delayed if it makes game better.

Battlefield 4 on the Xbox One, like the PC version before it, with the 32 vs 32 people, was just fucking amazing (large part with the Frostbite engine and vehicle warfare). However I too had played BF3, BF2,1942 before that, and it was only a slight upgrade from 3. IF however you've never played Battlefield or BF3, def pick up BF4 if you don't have it on say another platform.

Marginal update, but no complaints.

Definitely will be trying out the custom backgrounds.
I actually think it's pretty awesome, being a huge Twitter user. Anyone have it pushed to them yet? I usually get the preview updates immediately but haven't yet.

Really, guy?
yeah why would they send out review copies of old games? btw ryse is $18 on gamefly now should i get that or is the dlc with the goty edition worth the extra money or waiting for price drop? Not in too big of a hurry to play it to be honest. I'm getting sssod and forza h2 and already have titanfall waiting for me next week

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah why would they send out review copies of old games? btw ryse is $18 on gamefly now should i get that or is the dlc with the goty edition worth the extra money or waiting for price drop? Not in too big of a hurry to play it to be honest. I'm getting sssod and forza h2 and already have titanfall waiting for me next week
So that they could get fresh reviews, of course. I s'pose Major Nelson's announcements counts, but a lot of sites missed it.

They don't need fresh reviews if all they are is a repackaging. It's not a remake.
But they also have new content. No, of course they don't NEED new reviews. But it's another chance to get some PR for the games, as well as having reviews that more accurately reflect what the games are like. For instance, Forza 5 changed a lot post-release, and a Dead Rising 3 review would make no mention of the 4 story DLCs and how they relate to the main game.

Of course it's also fine that they chose not to do review copies on the GOTY editions. They would simply get more notice if they had some reviews.

But they also have new content. No, of course they don't NEED new reviews. But it's another chance to get some PR for the games, as well as having reviews that more accurately reflect what the games are like. For instance, Forza 5 changed a lot post-release, and a Dead Rising 3 review would make no mention of the 4 story DLCs and how they relate to the main game.

Of course it's also fine that they chose not to do review copies on the GOTY editions. They would simply get more notice if they had some reviews.
They have too much new stuff to worry about reviewing. They could just link to previous reviews if they really wanted too.

Here's a stupid question: if im getting MCC on disc can I set up my XB1 to download the update Tuesday morning even though I won't have the game till Tuesday night after work?

As I'm sure you expected, no. There's no way to enable automatic downloads of updates when you don't have the game itself or the digital license.

I bought MCC 2 days ago and it's still downloading. Granted I had to redownload Forza and Battlefield 4 stuff, but still it's taking forever. I really hope the massive day one update doesn't take forever 

I bought MCC 2 days ago and it's still downloading. Granted I had to redownload Forza and Battlefield 4 stuff, but still it's taking forever. I really hope the massive day one update doesn't take forever
Bear in mind the update is being downloaded with the game so you're currently downloading it now.

But yeah it's taking forever I'm only at 34%. For some reason it keeps going up and down.

I don't see any. It looks like the skulls will become available to everyone sometime in December. I guess if you have slow internet or data caps, but you still have to download the 20gb multiplayer update.

[quote name="fatmanforlife99" post="12175853" timestamp="1413935325"]I don't see any. It looks like the skulls will become available to everyone sometime in December. I guess if you have slow internet or data caps, but you still have to download the 20gb multiplayer update.[/quote]
I picked up a lot of discounted XB cards from Newegg, so this would be one way to use some of it up.

bread's done
Back