Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="fatmanforlife99" post="12175853" timestamp="1413935325"]I don't see any. It looks like the skulls will become available to everyone sometime in December. I guess if you have slow internet or data caps, but you still have to download the 20gb multiplayer update.[/quote]
I picked up a lot of discounted XB cards from Newegg, so this would be one way to use some of it up.

Anyone see any real reason to get MCC on disc versus on XBL, save the obvious "I can trade it in/I can sell it/loan it"?
When the definitive definitive version comes out you're stuck with it? I can see Microsoft re releasing halo every so often the same way movie studios do with super popular movies like star wars.

Which of you fine people can I add to my xbox-one-owners-free friends list for Sunset, Halo, and some other stuff?

Also if a GotY MCC comes out I'm gonna rage on someone. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You can add me jack bauer117. I will be playing Halo exclusively until hardline or home front drops.

I don't see a goty edition coming. They have included everything from these 4 games.

[quote name="el swordo" post="12176392" timestamp="1413951009"]When the definitive definitive version comes out you're stuck with it? I can see Microsoft re releasing halo every so often the same way movie studios do with super popular movies like star wars.[/quote]
A "definitive edition", if it did come out like Halo 4 GOTY, wouldn't likely be out until late 2015 or into 2016, which would be when the non-GOTY would be $30 or less at retail and the TIV would be crap. Anything extra in a GOTY version for MCC would be bonus DLC and since these are redone OG Xbox and 360 games, there is no real "new" DLC to be had. Don't see a lot to be added, in this case.

Which of you fine people can I add to my xbox-one-owners-free friends list for Sunset, Halo, and some other stuff?

Also if a GotY MCC comes out I'm gonna rage on someone.
Don't think you will have to go.raging about GOTY in the future.

You can add me GT = ASAP KiNG KOOPA

All my friends pretty much don't game anymore. I've been pretty much playing solo for the last year or two. I welcome some active people to my friends list.

If anybody has a PS3/PS4, you can also add me on PSN too. = cham713htown

I asked this in the DA3 thread but I'll check here too. I was planning to have a One by next month for DA3 but after reconsideration I think I might just get the 360 version and wait until next year to get a One and therefore the One edition. Now...if I got the deluxe edition of the 360 version that came with DLC extras can I redownload that stuff next year when I get a One and the next-gen version of DA3? Assuming I'm still using the same Gamertag that I originally redeemed the content with on the 360 will that allow me to get the stuff again when I'm playing the One edition? I know Live credit and time can transfer over from a 360 to a One as long as it's the same Gamertag but I'm not sure about this kind of content. I also didn't know if it would make a difference that the content was dled from a 360 edition code and I would be trying to reacquire the stuff on a One edition with the same Gamertag.

There are three benefits I see to getting MCC on disc. 

1)  Pure collectibility and having the case on the shelf

2)  Selling the retailer exclusive DLC to bring down the cost of the game or just to have the DLC (but that's not very cheap-ass like) :nottalking:

3)  Getting it at Best Buy for 20% off + $10 in reward cash for use later

I asked this in the DA3 thread but I'll check here too. I was planning to have a One by next month for DA3 but after reconsideration I think I might just get the 360 version and wait until next year to get a One and therefore the One edition. Now...if I got the deluxe edition of the 360 version that came with DLC extras can I redownload that stuff next year when I get a One and the next-gen version of DA3? Assuming I'm still using the same Gamertag that I originally redeemed the content with on the 360 will that allow me to get the stuff again when I'm playing the One edition? I know Live credit and time can transfer over from a 360 to a One as long as it's the same Gamertag but I'm not sure about this kind of content. I also didn't know if it would make a difference that the content was dled from a 360 edition code and I would be trying to reacquire the stuff on a One edition with the same Gamertag.
In short response to your long question, no.

A "definitive edition", if it did come out like Halo 4 GOTY, wouldn't likely be out until late 2015 or into 2016, which would be when the non-GOTY would be $30 or less at retail and the TIV would be crap. Anything extra in a GOTY version for MCC would be bonus DLC and since these are redone OG Xbox and 360 games, there is no real "new" DLC to be had. Don't see a lot to be added, in this case.

Don't think you will have to go.raging about GOTY in the future.
No I'm just saying that when halo is rereleased again I'd rather be able to sell the physical copy. Just like when they inevitable re release harry potter on blu ray

Bear in mind the update is being downloaded with the game so you're currently downloading it now.

But yeah it's taking forever I'm only at 34%. For some reason it keeps going up and down.
Are you sure the update is being downloaded? The MCC download is only 43 GB. I thought they said the total size was going to be close to 65 GB

Shocked to read more stand alone Xbox One copies of Destiny were sold than on PS4. Does not include Destiny PS4 bundles, would be interested in know the total totals.

Got the preview update but even though you can now link your Twitter account, you can't do anything with it yet.

Are you sure the update is being downloaded? The MCC download is only 43 GB. I thought they said the total size was going to be close to 65 GB
Yeah, one of the developers on Twitter stated the update will automatically download with the game if you're preloading the digital version.

Shocked to read more stand alone Xbox One copies of Destiny were sold than on PS4. Does not include Destiny PS4 bundles, would be interested in know the total totals.

Got the preview update but even though you can now link your Twitter account, you can't do anything with it yet.
Given how well the console sold during September I'm guessing a lot of people bought the PS4 Bundle. Additionally it's worth noting that Microsoft had that "Buy an Xbox One get a free game" promotion during Destiny's release and those copies of the game would count towards NPD while the PS4 Bundle's copies wouldn't.

Yeah, its not really shocking since the games sold in the PS4 bundle didn't could and Microsoft did the get a free game the same week Destiny came out. A lot of people on this site were getting Destiny just to sell to bring down the cost of the console.

No I'm just saying that when halo is rereleased again I'd rather be able to sell the physical copy. Just like when they inevitable re release harry potter on blu ray
You probably just mixed up your tenses, but the Harry Potter film series collection came out on Blu-ray long ago.

There are three benefits I see to getting MCC on disc.

1) Pure collectibility and having the case on the shelf

2) Selling the retailer exclusive DLC to bring down the cost of the game or just to have the DLC (but that's not very cheap-ass like) :nottalking:

3) Getting it at Best Buy for 20% off + $10 in reward cash for use later
Guess I'll go the physical route, once I get my $10 from Sunset Overdrive and save the MS $ for the season pass/DLC, if any.

You probably just mixed up your tenses, but the Harry Potter film series collection came out on Blu-ray long ago.
I understand that. What I meant that is I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to re release another collection a few years down the road that is slightly better just to get people to buy it again. Maybe 5 years from now there will be a halo 1-5 bundle with all the dlc from halo 5 thrown in and added stuff to the other games. Just saying I wouldn't count on this being the last halo collection. If anything they might re release it on future consoles.

The whole point of "definitive editions" is due to bringing the game from an older platform to the latest platform. No, lol, there will not be another packaging of Halo, this is pretty much the holy grail already.

Comparing to Harry Potter, well you're off the reservation, compare within the gaming industry.

Retail only? I could see that PSN pre-orders were huge for the PS4 version thanks to getting access to the beta and all that.

Yeah NPD doesn't track digital or bundles. Although people there's no reason someone who go get digital for the beta access when every major retailer also offered beta keys.
If they were going to pre-order the digital version anyway, there wasn't any harm in doing it pre-beta to make the process as simple as possible.

All I know is I see rows and rows and stack and stack of Destiny for Xbox and PS4 at every store I go to. Especially Frys. 

Also I have 2 new Xbox friends. Thanks for helping me be a social butterfly dudes. 

[quote name="el swordo" post="12177873" timestamp="1414009252"]I understand that. What I meant that is I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to re release another collection a few years down the road that is slightly better just to get people to buy it again. Maybe 5 years from now there will be a halo 1-5 bundle with all the dlc from halo 5 thrown in and added stuff to the other games. Just saying I wouldn't count on this being the last halo collection. If anything they might re release it on future consoles. [/quote]
If that does happen the game will have already dropped in value just from its age. Factor in a better version coming out and you're probably going to get near nothing.

45GB + 20GB D1 patch.
Well yes I know that, but I was responding to someone saying that the day one patch was part of the digital download rather than having to wait until launch night. I don't believe it is which is why I said the download of MCC is currently only 43-45 GB

Well yes I know that, but I was responding to someone saying that the day one patch was part of the digital download rather than having to wait until launch night. I don't believe it is which is why I said the download of MCC is currently only 43-45 GB
https://twitter.com/Danayoub/status/523105151717220352

I think the patch isn't live yet, but will be available before the game actually comes out.

Nice to have customizable backgrounds since we could use our own images as such on 360 as far back as I can recall. Now, whenever I turn on my Xbox One, I'll be able to see Barbara Walters wearing nothing but a coon skin cap, custom Rob Kardashian socks, a utility belt, and a smile.

Nice to have customizable backgrounds since we could use our own images as such on 360 as far back as I can recall. Now, whenever I turn on my Xbox One, I'll be able to see Barbara Walters wearing nothing but a coon skin cap, custom Rob Kardashian socks, a utility belt, and a smile.
just make sure you keep the kinect off so they government don't see you doing things to that barbara walters photo :D/

GTA SA will be available Sunday on 360 marketplace for $x.xx or $xx.xx with improved graphics, supporting 720p resolution, improved draw distances, and full achievement support.

I'm most likely grabbing it because I love that game to death

My first attempt at playing NBA Live 15 online- players are ready to jump for the ball but they are in their warmup jackets still and the ball is frozen and nothing happens. Nice!

GTA SA will be available Sunday on 360 marketplace for $x.xx or $xx.xx with improved graphics, supporting 720p resolution, improved draw distances, and full achievement support.

I'm most likely grabbing it because I love that game to death
Yeah holy hell I might pick that up later on, most likely when it'll go on sale, even owning GTA: The Trilogy set just for the achievement support. Rockstar usually has good achievements for their games.

I have a question about the upcoming X1 bundles and their release date.

The Sunset overdrive bundle comes out on 10/28---the same date as the game, which is a Tuesday, correct?

Amazon shows the Advance Warfare bundle with a release date of 11/03 which is a Monday. Last I checked the game was coming out Tuesday 11/04. Is that a typo or is the bundle releasing earlier? I suppose it wouldn't make much of a difference since I'm guessing the servers won't go live until 12:01AM on 11/04

Lastly they show both of the AC Unity bundles as releasing 11/02 (Sunday?) despite the game having a release date of 11/11 (according to amazon).

Are they releasing this bundle that much earlier?

Advance Warfare comes out 11/04 but if you pre-order you get the "day zero" edition which gives you access to the game a day early so thats likely why bundle is out a day early.

And yes, the Unity bundle does come out 11/02. You can pre-load the game but won't be able to play it till 11/11

Advance Warfare comes out 11/04 but if you pre-order you get the "day zero" edition which gives you access to the game a day early so thats likely why bundle is out a day early.

And yes, the Unity bundle does come out 11/02. You can pre-load the game but won't be able to play it till 11/11
Thank you! That makes sense. I wonder what the large big box retailers will do... since I can see many being confused and holding bundles until the game releases.

If anyone is wondering, Master Chief Collection lets you start playing when it gets to 25% downloaded/installed or so. The Halo 4 campaign finishes first, followed by Halo 1. You can also start local multiplayer games before the full thing is finished (online multiplayer is not available before the patch, which is not out yet). Not totally positive on split-screen actually being an option, but I didn't mess around with it too much.

bread's done
Back