Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

I just signed up for a prime trial for a month so I can get wolfenstein without dealing with $5 more in add on items.    If I preorder the masterchief collection for 2 day shipping will it still ship free after trial expires?

The digital versus physical argument is entirely based around individual preference but it sounds like your general point is constantly touching on the fact you can trade games back and while that's a considerable perk for your as I've mentioned several times over not everybody wants to trade their games in.
I think I've only traded in my games once in the last few years, one fell swoop of games I would never touch again. By the time I do that the trade in value is like $1-$4 at Gamestop lol. I can understand all points of wanting to own the actual disc based copies and It's obviously still cheaper to go that route till MS starts doing steam like summer and winter sales, or at the very least very steep discounts on a game or two every week.

They made the X1 so easy to go digital. Also if my house ever burned down/games got stolen I could simply re-download everything and that's pretty damn awesome. I'm sure the insurance companies will love that for me to lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Outside of convenience, physical over digital all the way.  I'll much rather have the tangible item than just a icon pinned to my Xbox home screen. 

Plus you can make up for a loss like Destiny by selling it.

Before I would buy digital if the price was good or if it's a game that's online focused. With that in mind I grabbed Titanfall digitally, Tomb Raider Definitive, FIFA 14 both discounted and well I won a copy of Forza 5 so I have that digital too. One of the coolest perks of digital is being able to swap from game to game, it's a small thing but I love that ability. Yeah physical for me now though, back to Amazon - as Timbo stated yeah I'm one of those people that don't have a Best Buy nearby (1 hour away) and yeah if I had the internet I'd totally go digital due to convenience, although you have to worry about hard drive space now. It's just a personal preference and either a price reduction or timed convenience pretty much. I'm just glad I still get to play the games I got and that there's no DRM stopping me like what everyone feared all those months ago. Aside from not being able to enjoy online features and gaming, I'm still having a blast with my system and one of those reasons is swapping from game to game. 

The Xbox One looks like it'll get a major User Interface change next year with the release of Windows 10. Microsoft showed a mock-up of all of it's platforms running under the one OS as they envision for the future and they've indicated Xbox One is included in these changes. They stated it's only a mock-up currently and they'll have more details about the changes to the Xbox One down the road next year.

Universal App support will be included in the Windows 10 release which means the Xbox One will be fully connected to Windows 10 PC's, Tablets, and Phones with all of those platforms sharing app support making it easy for developers to target larger ranges of audiences and fine tune their applications.

Additionally it was suggested the Xbox One may be able to run "Full Windows 10 games" in the future as the question was asked to Microsoft and they didn't exactly say no. Overall it may be suggested that the Xbox One will run Windows 10 in the future switching from it's current OS which will strongly integrate the platform with Microsoft's other devices and services.

VRG_1060.jpg

I'm using Eurogamer as a source but a lot of this information can be found on numerous websites reporting about Windows 10.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-30-microsoft-announces-windows-10-for-late-2015

Interesting line from the article.

You can also snap different apps to different quadrants of your screen and even create multiple desktops, each with their own toolbar. This is useful if you want to separate your work stuff from your play stuff without them crowding each other in the same interface.

Interestingly, the BBC noted that "the software will run on a wide range of devices from smartphones and tablets to PCs and Xbox games consoles, with applications sold from a single store." It's most likely referring to the following image from Microsoft's Windows Blog that shows a screen with Ori and the Blind Forest and Need for Speed: Rivals on it next to a Kinect, signifying that Windows 10 will be compatible with the Xbox One.

Could this mean that Xbox One will be getting every Windows 10 game? When we posed the question to Microsoft, this was its reply, “Our focus at Xbox right now is on offering the best games this Holiday. We will have more to share on additional Xbox plans at a later date.”

Somebody started a thread on GAF about it. You should post your story and review on there as well (if you end up doing one).
Thanks man! I see the Titan One PR guy filling everybody in within that thread. Looks like the review is a definite thing; I'll let you guys know when I get to try it out.

What are the odds there will be any decent One deals before November 18? I want to have it ready for Dragon Age 3 so preferably I would want it by then but honestly the 18th is so close to BF I could probably wait for inevitable sales then but just curious. And for the BF deals, as I've never tried to get a console online on BF, do sites have decent sales on them then or are the stores usually the best for consoles on that day?

Usually the online deals are the same as stores offer in-store except places like Amazon and Newegg. I can't exactly remember but I think Amazon usually just offers the same Black Friday bundles that other stores like Walmart and Best Buy do. Usually they have follow the same pre-set Black Friday bundle and then add their own unique items to it.

I wouldn't be surprised however if another deals come up before Black Friday. Microsoft is pushing deals really hard and that last Free Game combined with Best Buy's GCU deal was a good example of an excellent deal.

Here's my Forza Horizon 2 review. Detailed and heartfelt, it will make you cry and remember your childhood again. Or something. Please check it out. Also, a rare video review from me (I suck at sound recording).

http://youtu.be/MhJbWw_Pb0c

What are the odds there will be any decent One deals before November 18? I want to have it ready for Dragon Age 3 so preferably I would want it by then but honestly the 18th is so close to BF I could probably wait for inevitable sales then but just curious. And for the BF deals, as I've never tried to get a console online on BF, do sites have decent sales on them then or are the stores usually the best for consoles on that day?
If you can get one of those movers coupons you can get the Sunset Overddrive bundle for $360+ tax and if you don't want sunset overddrive sell the game code on ebay or something. You could probably even sell the white controller for slightly more then a regular black controller and buy a black controller if you really want

I was looking at upcoming games like Evil Within, and Sleeping Dogs (Never got around to playing it). I kind of which MS charged for digital preorders when they launched, rather than 1+ months before. I guess Amazon spoils me that way. 

I also appear to be level 1 on my xbox, but level 0 on the website. It also seems at level 0 you get nothing but from the rewards. Not sure if I need to get 80 more achievement points to hit 3k or buy more stuff in order to start getting rewards and such. 

I imagine one of the reasons they charge you immediately is because both Xbox Live and the PSN don't offer digital refunds so it'd only be a hassle for them to wait until content releases to charge you.

Additionally at least for the Xbox One when most digital preorder's are going live preload is as well and it'd probably be a hassle for them to work around that because some people would want to pay instantly and be able to preload.

Nice review, been wondering about that. I mean unless you really have friends who are huge players and you need the xp, doesn't seem worth it. For the exception of like 2-3 vehicle types (might be more but not much), the average car that can compete usually can be found for 150k or less (most are under 100k unless you want a specific vehicle that costs more).

They should of just charged $30 for the VIP and the Car Pass in one shot.

Ubisoft's announced that Assassin's Creed Unity will run at 30FPS/900p. They've stated both consoles will run at this same performance benchmark due to parity they want to achieve to "Avoid all the debates and stuff about performance". Pretty hilarious I can't help but wonder if this will be a theme specifically with Microsoft advertised third-party games or if this was completely a Ubisoft decision at core. 

Should have just said "These were the specs we targeted" and left it at that.

Just like the other guy who instead of just saying "You always play as a male in co-op because you're always playing as Arno Dorian" went off on some weird tangent about how they didn't have the resources to animate female character models.

Ubisoft seems determined to paint everything about this game in the worst light possible.

Seriously.  What the
shaq-fu%2196.gif
shaq-fu%2196.gif
you Ubisoft.

Ubisoft is intentionally holding the PS4 version of AC Unity back so that both consoles can have "graphical parity" at 900p/30fps.  

Black Flag was 1080p on PS4, so clearly they have no problem actually hitting 1080 on PS4 if they wanted to.

Man that's bullshit.  I'm not a graphics whore or anything, but this is basically retarding the growth and development of this generation of consoles.  I'm not generally a fan of impeding the development and evolution of anything that has positive influences on the world. Like technology.  What else are Ubisoft going to hold back from other PS4 games because they can't make it work on the X1?  Why should Sony be punished for putting out a superior console?

shaq-fu%2196.gif
you Ubisoft and
shaq-fu%2196.gif
you MS.

As much as I like a beautiful looking game, the game play is what matters. If all you want is pretty games you can have fun with the PC snobs. As to me being mad about it, I wouldn't be. I don't play assassins creed never have, probably never will. The only one I had any interest in was the third one.

Would be fun if we could peek into an alternate reality where the Xbox was the more powerful machine getting the gimped games because of the weaker PS4 and watching all the hypocrisy.

Get those photos out of here unless your eyes can zoom in like that they are pointless. I seen both ps4 xbone black flag in person and seen zero diff. Bf4 was same and I like xbone version better . With that said in getting unity for ps4 seeing in doing co op with ps4 people

Xbox has been my console of choice since last gen and even I think what Ubisoft is doing is terrible. I dont understand how they thought that statement was a good idea. They should have just lied about it.

Get those photos out of here unless your eyes can zoom in like that they are pointless. I seen both ps4 xbone black flag in person and seen zero diff. Bf4 was same and I like xbone version better . With that said in getting unity for ps4 seeing in doing co op with ps4 people
You need some glasses or a bigger TV or to remove your Microsoft bias, or all of the above.

I have 40 inch led and seen little dif in bf4 on ps4/xbone but think xbone lighting was better same with black flag.

I have always like games lightings and colors more on xbox systems then PS3/ ps4 but that's just my opinion

^i agree. I don't care about the 900/1080 p bitching but whenever I see ps4 X1 comparisons I like the X1 lighting a lot better.

I also think it's stupid for Ubisoft to do this. It just doesn't even make sense. Do they owe Microsoft something?

I definitely notice the difference in those images but that's because they're screenshots specifically pointing the changes out. I don't think somebody could easily notice something like that if you're dashing through the environment which is generally how a game like Assassin's Creed 4 is played.

Didn't Black Flags launch at 900p for the PlayStation 4? I thought a lot of reviewers made their reviews talking about how great the game looked in 1080p and then later on it was found out that it wasn't yet 1080p and Ubisoft was patching it in.

With that thought in mind I'm starting to think this could just be the game not being able to run in 1080p over any nefarious intent. Black Flags launched at 900p/30fps for the PS4 and got patched later down the road. Black Flags is also an older title and I believe Assassin's Creed Unity will take larger tole on resources especially given the massive crowds they're looking to present in the game.

Honestly we don't know anything yet. PlayStation fans are only looking at those magic numbers they expect and assume the games will look exactly the same, but Ubisoft could have added additional effects to the PS4 version like better shadows, lighting and the such.

Rippn talks about someone else being biased hahaha. Its hilarious when you go into the PS4 thread and see the same people crying so hard. Wow some of you should find another hobby.

Ubisoft posted an update statement about the matter with the general outline being that the guy messed up his wording as I expected. I'm sure most of the PlayStation fans will just say it's damage control, but given Ubisoft's generally shitty PR I just think the guy really did mince his words there. Ubisoft had another article mentioning the lack of a Wii U version and they said they didn't want to strip the game down to get it playable on the system because it would be "Unfair" to their fans, so I doubt they'd immediately contradict both their statements like that on purpose.

We understand how Senior Producer Vincent Pontbriand's quotes have been misinterpreted. To set the record straight, we did not lower the specs for Assassin's Creed Unity to account for any one system over the other.

Assassin's Creed Unity has been engineered from the ground up for next-generation consoles. Over the past 4 years, we have created Assassin's Creed Unity to attain the tremendous level of quality we have now achieved on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. It's a process of building up toward our goals, not scaling down, and we're proud to say that we have reached those goals on all SKUs.

At no point did we decide to reduce the ambitions of any SKU. All benefited from the full dedication of all of our available optimization resources to help them reach the level of quality we have today with the core Assassin's Creed Unity experience.

Good to hear. Now is it noob friendly or should I expect to get obliterated by people who have playing constantly?
It all depends what weapons and perks you like. I always used the 40mm cannon for its accuracy and the cluster bomb and electric smoke as my secondary weapons. The big punch perk is also good if you like to melee and get personal with other titans.

I would say Titanfall is still pretty heavily played by people, as even the new map packs always have full games.

And I see Gen 1's playing and hanging in just fine.

bread's done
Back