Xbox One on the way. DRM removed, more details to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TimboSliceGB']um of course you need a internet connection just like 360 to do streaming of stuff and playing online and downloading products that is what he was talking about. plus how do you know sony will not do the same thing. you can game companys are putting pressure on these game system makers to stop the 2nd hand market where they lose tons of money[/QUOTE]

The last game I bought was Legendary Wings for the NES. It was released in 1988 and is 25 years old. If I buy a launch title for Xbox One in 2038, it will not work even if it is still sealed. That's a big problem for me.

You do not need an online connection to play games on the Xbox 360. You will need one for the Xbox One which is just not cool.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']to be honest i was kind of sad about ps4 conf. they showed gameplay from ip's that we seen for years now nothing new and might i add they forgot to show the system it self just a controller that we have seen since ps1 other then touch screen and the new ps move. i was not that impressed with both conf's but i was suspect that they would hold most of the good stuff for both e3's press conf's. im just happy when im at microsofts e3 conf i will not have to sit and watch the tv stuff even if i liked what i seen. it was pretty impresive the things that can be done with xbo one[/QUOTE]

So what IP did Microsoft show that wasn't old? The Remedy one, that was it.

As for not showing the console, that is the absolute least important thing to show. if that's what you have to hang your hat on as for why the conference was bad, you have your priorities wrong. I'm more concerned on what the console can do, not what it looks like.

SPOILER: The system will probably be black, and somewhat rectangular with a disc drive and some usb ports.

question i have for you people do you really think with out pressure from game companys microsoft would put this in their system? if anything sony and microsoft are getting non stop hate from game companys that are mad about 2nd hand game buying and they make no money from it

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Looks like the Xbox Defense League is out in full force today. Don't you realize all we saw today was Forza 5, Madden 25, Fifa 14, and a crappy looking COD game. Oh and don't let me forget the weird live action trailer with the little girl.[/QUOTE]

i love madden,fifa and play cod for story mode so for me it was pretty good gaming day forza i hate

[quote name='KillerRamen']The last game I bought was Legendary Wings for the NES. It was released in 1988 and is 25 years old. If I buy a launch title for Xbox One in 2038, it will not work even if it is still sealed. That's a big problem for me.

You do not need an online connection to play games on the Xbox 360. You will need one for the Xbox One which is just not cool.[/QUOTE]

you got proof that the rumor is true? we will have to wait for e3 to hear all this stuff

[quote name='4thHorseman']So what IP did Microsoft show that wasn't old? The Remedy one, that was it.

As for not showing the console, that is the absolute least important thing to show. if that's what you have to hang your hat on as for why the conference was bad, you have your priorities wrong. I'm more concerned on what the console can do, not what it looks like.

SPOILER: The system will probably be black, and somewhat rectangular with a disc drive and some usb ports.[/QUOTE]

i would have liked more in depth on what the system can do other then gaming. i don't spend 400-600 bucks on a thing i can only use for gaming that is what my gaming pc is for

Anyone ever get the feeling companies like Microsoft and Sony dish out rumors to the public intentionally to see if the rumor creates a positive or negative reaction?

I will hold my judgement on both systems until more information is provided. Hopefully E3 clears up any questions. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards Jet Li's favorite console as I am very interested in how the integration with television and gaming will function.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Feel like 20% of the posts on this thread are from one consistent person with nothing else to do.[/QUOTE]

parden me for sitting on my behind on my only day off of work for next 3 weeks

[quote name='UberSwiss']Anyone ever get the feeling companies like Microsoft and Sony dish out rumors to the public intentionally to see if the rumor creates a positive or negative reaction?

I will hold my judgement on both systems until more information is provided. Hopefully E3 clears up any questions. As of right now, I'm leaning more towards Jet Li's favorite console as I am very interested in how the integration with television and gaming will function.[/QUOTE]

DING DING DING lol people are going crazy over rumors rumors and more rumors we already had online all the time rumor smashed today and what will happen if sony and microsoft both announce that all games have to be registered before you play them.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you got proof that the rumor is true? we will have to wait for e3 to hear all this stuff[/QUOTE]

Yes, I already posted it.

"...Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']question i have for you people do you really think with out pressure from game companys microsoft would put this in their system? if anything sony and microsoft are getting non stop hate from game companys that are mad about 2nd hand game buying and they make no money from it[/QUOTE]

I don't care. If I don't like it, I won't buy it and I will spend my money elsewhere. I want a video game console, not a watered down PC.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i would have liked more in depth on what the system can do other then gaming. i don't spend 400-600 bucks on a thing i can only use for gaming that is what my gaming pc is for[/QUOTE]

Like what exactly? What needs to be done that requires *really* any presentation time at a conference?

"Hey folks, you can watch movies! And live TV! We have apps like Netflix/ESPN/NFL! You can use Facebook and Twitter! Call your friends using Skype!"

That is about as indepth they need to go. Mere sentences, not 30 minutes to show off Kinect. If they want to show off Kinect, prove to me it works in games that they try to push on the gamers all the damn time.

You guys are wasting your time.

It's impossible to reason with an individual who lacks the capability of basic reasoning.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Yes, I already posted it.

I don't care. If I don't like it, I won't buy it and I will spend my money elsewhere. I want a video game console, not a watered down PC.[/QUOTE]

where does it say in that link that in order to play a game new you HAVE to have internet connection no where does it say that. it just says the system has to have internet connection to internet for things like streaming and online game like other things. People read to far into things

[quote name='KillerRamen']Yes, I already posted it.

I don't care. If I don't like it, I won't buy it and I will spend my money elsewhere. I want a video game console, not a watered down PC.[/QUOTE]

I can already see how they are going to spin it. Launch games won't require constant connections. As game become more "dynamic" with cloud computing, It will be required thus eventually becoming the norm.

[quote name='antlp89']You guys are wasting your time.

It's impossible to reason with an individual who lacks the capability of basic reasoning.[/QUOTE]

i think your fake animi girlfriend is calling your name

If you think about it does it really matter? As gamers we will pay, jump thru hopes and accept what ever they give us so we can play the next Halo or CoD.

What will surprise people is when Gears comes to both systems.

[quote name='KillerRamen']

This is basically exactly what I was thinking. Heck, it even looks almost exactly like a PC (GameCube is still the best looking console). I know a lot of people are saying this, but I really am seriously considering just going PC next gen until consoles drop at sub $200. If I have to put up with always online, no used games, social media everywhere, at least with a PC there are steam and amazon sales which almost always trump console sales by a good deal. Obviously a lot of this is rumors, but it's all starting to seem more and more likely (EA dropping online passes is a huge tell IMO).

The one thing I'm wondering is what stores like gamestop will do if the used games thing happens. IIRC, I read an article a while back about them threatening to not carry a console/games if they blocked used games. This was a while back of course, but still, it's something to consider. Not to mention any small town store that's barely holding on as is will no doubt have to close up shop. And I second the sentiment about not being able to play games after new console come out. I'm already a bit worried about what will happen to my XBLA and PSN purchases, but a whole console not being usable is crossing the line. I guess next gen will be the backlog generation for me, because at least now, I can't justify purchasing these consoles:cry:

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']parden me for sitting on my behind on my only day off of work for next 3 weeks[/QUOTE]
So you decide to spend your one day off posting every 10 seconds on a message board? That is almost as sad as the press conference.

[quote name='tokyostomp']I can already see how they are going to spin it. Launch games won't require constant connections. As game become more "dynamic" with cloud computing, It will be required thus eventually becoming the norm.[/QUOTE]

what to say ps4 will not do the same?

Leaked pics of the unannounced "pro" sku of the system:

xbox_one_pro.jpg

:p

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']This is basically exactly what I was thinking. Heck, it even looks almost exactly like a PC (GameCube is still the best looking console). I know a lot of people are saying this, but I really am seriously considering just going PC next gen until consoles drop at sub $200. If I have to put up with always online, no used games, social media everywhere, at least with a PC there are steam and amazon sales which almost always trump console sales by a good deal. Obviously a lot of this is rumors, but it's all starting to seem more and more likely (EA dropping online passes is a huge tell IMO).

The one thing I'm wondering is what stores like gamestop will do if the used games thing happens. IIRC, I read an article a while back about them threatening to not carry a console/games if they blocked used games. This was a while back of course, but still, it's something to consider. Not to mention any small town store that's barely holding on as is will no doubt have to close up shop. And I second the sentiment about not being able to play games after new console come out. I'm already a bit worried about what will happen to my XBLA and PSN purchases, but a whole console not being usable is crossing the line. I guess next gen will be the backlog generation for me, because at least now, I can't justify purchasing these consoles:cry:[/QUOTE]

after all these years i bit on gaming pc this past feb best purchase i ever did with pc download sales on amazon last night i calc out i have saved close to 500 bucks on games in 3 months no joke.

So, Microsoft has confirmed here will NOT be a fee associated with second hand games.

And the console will need an Internet connection for Internet functionality. It will let you play the game/watch movies/listen to music without an Internet connection, but all other functionality will require one.

Rocket science level stuff...bwahahahaw, I'm sorry I died when I heard that shit. Although, next gen COD dogs did look pretty dope :lol:. Also, the new console looks pretty ugly, I would honestly put it up there with the PS3 superslim. Looks like my old VCR I had back in the 90s, hopefully Sony's box won't look as horrid. Disappointed with you MS.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']what to say ps4 will not do the same?[/QUOTE]

The difference is that there have not been year long rumors and whispers that the Sony camp is even thinking about this.

[quote name='argyle']Leaked pics of the unannounced "pro" sku of the system:

xbox_one_pro.jpg

:p[/QUOTE]
Thank you, it's been a while since I've seen something on here that's truly made me laugh out loud.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']
The one thing I'm wondering is what stores like gamestop will do if the used games thing happens. IIRC, I read an article a while back about them threatening to not carry a console/games if they blocked used games. This was a while back of course, but still, it's something to consider. Not to mention any small town store that's barely holding on as is will no doubt have to close up shop. And I second the sentiment about not being able to play games after new console come out. I'm already a bit worried about what will happen to my XBLA and PSN purchases, but a whole console not being usable is crossing the line. I guess next gen will be the backlog generation for me, because at least now, I can't justify purchasing these consoles:cry:[/QUOTE]
Yeah I'm curious about this also, if announced that they wouldn't carry or take any XB1 merchandise it seems like that could hurt MS alot, especially if people are going to be slow to adopt this new generation of consoles.

[quote name='itachiitachi']So you decide to spend your one day off posting every 10 seconds on a message board? That is almost as sad as the press conference.[/QUOTE]

yep we have really bad storms in area im going to go play golf in lighting storm.

Used game fee aside (since its a rumor)

Is anyone legitimately considering this console over the ps4?

I have a vita and a 360. Im leaning towards the xbox one, but should I? If i get a ps4, itll complement my vita.

Though my experiences woth xbox live has been great so far and i have a lot of 360 games on my backlog heh... Im so torn

[quote name='tokyostomp']The difference is that there have not been year long rumors and whispers that the Sony camp is even thinking about this.[/QUOTE]

year long rumors of always online was smashed today just saying rumors are rumors. Their was also rumors that nintendo wii u was going to be powerfull as the ps4 and next xbox well that never happend.

[quote name='WolfmanASTN']So, Microsoft has confirmed here will NOT be a fee associated with second hand games.

And the console will need an Internet connection for Internet functionality. It will let you play the game/watch movies/listen to music without an Internet connection, but all other functionality will require one.[/QUOTE]

link?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']where does it say in that link that in order to play a game new you HAVE to have internet connection no where does it say that. it just says the system has to have internet connection to internet for things like streaming and online game like other things. People read to far into things[/QUOTE]

Where it says, "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet." They said that the system requires an internet connection. You know, then they said that the "Xbox One does require a connection to the internet." They do not say that it only needs to be connected to the internet for standard internet functions. They do say that they are "designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection." Which is a really odd thing to say since I can already play BD movies without an internet connection at all, so why would it even matter if I lose the connection?

If they change that at E3, then that's great. Right now, I do not see myself buying one at launch and even if I do, it will probably be a secondary system and not a primary system.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Yeah I'm curious about this also, if announced that they wouldn't carry or take any XB1 merchandise it seems like that could hurt MS alot, especially if people are going to be slow to adopt this new generation of consoles.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/xboxone well not going to happen

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']year long rumors of always online was smashed today just saying rumors are rumors. Their was also rumors that nintendo wii u was going to be powerfull as the ps4 and next xbox well that never happend.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall that Wii U rumor. I remember it being touted as as strong as current gen or maybe slightly stronger, never on par with PS4 or XO.

Also rumors are not just rumors. A lot of these "rumors" were basically unofficial confirmations by devs and MS employees. To discount all rumors as basically false until officially confirmed is absurd.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Didn't you claim to have kids?[/QUOTE]
They're fine holding up golf clubs in a lightning storm outside.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Used game fee aside (since its a rumor)

I have a vita and a 360. Im leaning towards the xbox one, but should I? If i get a ps4, itll complement my vita.

Though my experiences woth xbox live has been great so far and i have a lot of 360 games on my backlog heh... Im so torn[/QUOTE]

im getting both but if i had to choose from a person that enjoys using my 360 for other things then gaming and that it has a blu ray player i would have to pick xbox one. i love the menu and the kinect other then using in games is pretty sweet. i could very well see xbox one replacing all the other stuff i have hooked up to my tv other then my cable box which is needed for the tv feature of xbox one.

Though my experiences woth xbox live has been great so far and i have a lot of 360 games on my backlog heh... Im so torn[/QUOTE]

Way to early to say.

At this point is even hard to decide on if its even worth getting both consoles because so many games these days are cross platform. Its not like back in the day with SNES and Genesis where it made sense to own both consoles.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Didn't you claim to have kids?[/QUOTE]

what does that have to do with anything plus it's 3 p.m they have school till 4

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']lol this guy thinks Luffy is a girl. Well done troll.[/QUOTE]

i was not talking about the person in his photo and how im i troll ? last ni checked this is xbox forum and im not bashing xbox

I've liked everything I've heard about the PS4, but very little about the Xbox One. So I know which system I'll definitely grab first.

As for what you need to get, that's completely up to you. Depending on whether or not the PS4 can use the Vita to it's full abilities (unlike the PS3 and PSP connection), that could turn out really awesome. Regarding your backlog, that won't matter. Buying an Xbox One or PS4, you won't be able to play your 360 backlog on either. So just keep your 360 for those.

With the announcement of the XboxOne, I guess this means I'm saving my money this generation. No PS4 or XboxOne.

Almost every single tidbit of information about the two new consoles, makes me want to stay as FAR away as possible. And then there's the price...

Which we know nothing of. Thanks Microsoft. Thanks Sony. You've made this REALLY easy for me.

(And no, I'm not getting a WiiU either)

[quote name='Shimrra']If you think about it does it really matter? As gamers we will pay, jump thru hopes and accept what ever they give us so we can play the next Halo or CoD.
[/QUOTE]
They can already do that on their current system.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']http://www.gamestop.com/xboxone well not going to happen[/QUOTE]
Oh I forgot that once a company shows any sign of support for a system they can't pull support from a console if they do something they don't like , so when are all those EA games due out on the WiiU?

[quote name='dualedge2']With the announcement of the XboxOne, I guess this means I'm saving my money this generation. No PS4 or XboxOne.

Almost every single tidbit of information about the two new consoles, makes me want to stay as FAR away as possible. And then there's the price...

Which we know nothing of. Thanks Microsoft. Thanks Sony. You've made this REALLY easy for me.

(And no, I'm not getting a WiiU either)[/QUOTE]

the price will not be high like people think my guess is both will fall between 400-500. they know the economy is not like what it was in say 2005. if these things came out then they would be like 700-800 bucks. wii u is having issues selling at 350

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back