XBOX360 Price Drops for all versions - $449/$349/$279 - Premiums Now Sporting HDMI

DX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Official Press Release:

...Family of Consoles
Xbox 360 will enhance the value of its entire family of consoles beginning on August 8. At a new price of $349.99, Xbox 360 offers an unsurpassed experience right out of the box with a 20 GB hard drive, Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 Headset, and more.

If you're looking for the ultimate value and the freedom to customize your console as you see fit, Xbox 360 Core System now has an estimated retail price of $279.99. Xbox 360 Core System provides everything you need to hit the ground running, while giving you the ability to expand with new features and accessories you want.

Dressed in black and equipped with a 120GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Elite will be priced at $449.99 if you want the premium games and entertainment experience.

In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, the Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition Console will hit store shelves in September with a price of $399.99. Featuring an authentic Spartan green-and-gold finish, this console includes a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, 20GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Headset, 360 Play & Charge Kit, and more.
Full Press Release: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0806-consoleprice.htm
LinkinPrime Edit

Circuit City confirms price drop on all 3 versions:

ccproof.jpg

Elite - $449.99
Premium - $349.99
Core - $279.99
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/07/31/circuit-city-ad-confirms-360-price-drop-on-all-models/

Wal Mart ad
rollbackyo2.jpg

CheapyD Edit: It appears this image originated from Sith Ninja at Modojo

Not "huge" but $50 is $50.

Thanks to Ugamer X for the picture:

Toys R Us Ad

via ugamer and zoo

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but I feel something's missing from it...

Oh yeah! No mention of cents on the 360, while everything else has it.[/QUOTE]

dun dun dun! that is a good point.

at this point though, id still like the thing to be more reliable before people go out and buy them up.

[quote name='schultzed']Is Halo going to be a pack-in? . . .

Based on past performance . . . it will be $50 more for the Halo 3 edition.[/QUOTE]

No, I just mean the special edition package. Halo won't be included.

The only difference between this and a premium is that it's green and comes with an HDMI port.

[quote name='KingBroly']I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but I feel something's missing from it...

HAHAHAHA Good looking out.

Still not enough to get me to bite right now. I'll keep waiting until the holidays. Hopefully the new chips will be out buy then, and if the price doesn't drop any further, there will at least be retailers giving away free games, years of live etc. with purchase.

That's normal, look at the current Walmart ad for proof.

i want a 360.. but i just found resistance at the pawn shop for 7 bucks.. heh had to buy it.. I'm so on the fence about it.. I might just end up getting a PS3 just because I already have a game for it heh..

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its gonna be great to see 360 sales shoot up and PS3 sales go back to the normal 6 sold a day.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how you manage the breathe.

I'd rather have $50 off inside of getting some kind of new SKU for $399 with some game or accessary added to make up the difference. I bought my 360 back in December from Overstock. A $350 retail price with no tax & a coupon sounds nice. I haven't had any problems out of my 360 in the 8 months I've owned it. I leave my 360 in the horizontal position, in never move it while in use, & I keep a small fan blowing air into the unit.

[quote name='help1']That isn't a valid excuse that you need to buy a wireless adapter, because it has an ethernet port right on the back. If we are going to go that way, they why the hell doesn nintendo want me to buy a Ethernet port for my Wii? I don't use wireless internet.[/quote] :imwithst: For those of us that don't live in BFE and have a home that is wireless it is a very valid reason. How is that an excuse for anything? I just pointed out that the price should be lower and you felt the need to respond with a poorly thought out analogy. Are you actually defending their price? They're lucky there isn't a mass recall. Even though I finally got my 360 back yesterday, still annoyed I had to send it off for repairs (22 days out and all I got was a stupid free month.) Never needed repair on any Nintendo consoles. :bomb:

[quote name='azortex']I didn't get the Wii and PS3 until recently. 360 got 3 Red Rings, got bored and bought the other two systems. Zelda's my first game, RE4 will be my 2nd Wii (currently in the mail.) PS3 waiting for a HDMI cable I got off eBay for $7 shipped, Sigma is the only game I have for that one. So no rush to play PS3, I liked that Amazon deal.

I'm not very far into Zelda, I'm at the stage where Link meets the wacky mailman with a flag in Hyrule Fields.[/quote] Wow, that was quick. Got my $7 cable today. Doing a system update for the PS3 now. I recommend eforcity for fast service, this was mention in another thread about cheap PS3 wires. :bouncy:

[quote name='GizmoGC']Its gonna be great to see 360 sales shoot up and PS3 sales go back to the normal 6 sold a day.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you're really going to benefit from that small, temporary boost in self-esteem.

Will Wal-Mart refund the price difference if I go out and get a 360 now and the price drop actually does happen the 8th? If not my butt is waiting though it's killing me considering my sat tv is down till wednesday and I live in BFE :)

[quote name='Electrobes']Will Wal-Mart refund the price difference if I go out and get a 360 now and the price drop actually does happen the 8th? If not my butt is waiting though it's killing me considering my sat tv is down till wednesday and I live in BFE :)[/QUOTE]
I don't know if they will, but Circuit City sure will. And they'll give you $5 for the trouble.

Man that's tempting.. unfortunately circuitcity is about 40 miles from me and Wal-mart is the only major retailer that sells 360's in my area (GS is here too but I prefer to buy elsewhere). I'd call but I don't trust the one clerk there, because another day I'll come and they'll say thats BS or soemthing.. that would suck hardcore.

[quote name='azortex']I didn't get the Wii and PS3 until recently. 360 got 3 Red Rings, got bored and bought the other two systems. Zelda's my first game, RE4 will be my 2nd Wii (currently in the mail.) PS3 waiting for a HDMI cable I got off eBay for $7 shipped, Sigma is the only game I have for that one. So no rush to play PS3, I liked that Amazon deal.

I'm not very far into Zelda, I'm at the stage where Link meets the wacky mailman with a flag in Hyrule Fields.[/quote]

that's three games that were designed for other systems! i'd be pretty upset to drop that kind of money for two gc games and an xbox title. they're all great games, but you could have had them all for considerably less on the previous generation's hardware. you could have even waited for your 360 to be repaired and bought ninja gaiden or ng black for 15 or so. are you really a cheap ass? ;)

I seriously doubt $50 off is going to help Microsoft push units out the door. They barely sold 12M in two years, that is not exactly a good statistic.

Still, if you wanted one, $50 off is better than nothing.

[quote name='M-PG71C']I seriously doubt $50 off is going to help Microsoft push units out the door. They barely sold 12M in two years, that is not exactly a good statistic.

Still, if you wanted one, $50 off is better than nothing.[/QUOTE]
At the 2 year mark, the PS2 had sold about 10 million. And that ended well.

I just e-mailed Wal-Mart to see if i can get the difference of the price drop. I bought my console on 4/20/2007, but exchanged it for one that actually works 3 weeks later on 5/12/2007...so technically i have had less than 90 days with this console. And per Wal-Marts policy, i have 90 days exchange on this so i'm hoping i can get the $50 back.

[quote name='Trakan']360 Fanboy and Engadget stole that shit from us. At least Joystiq gave us credit.[/QUOTE]

The OP is a member of at least four forums where this was posted, and we weren't the first.

My comment about not having copyrighted crap on here still stands, though.

For the doubters:

While I’m waiting for someone to answer, I received an e-mail from a Wal-Mart “Help Center” Representative responding to my original question of the Xbox 360 Price Drop. He… or she reveals quite a lot to me!

While we are indeed planning on rolling back prices of all Xbox 360 consoles by $50-$80, we can not as of yet give a timetable for when. But you can expect it soon.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/liveblogging-jws-search-for-answers

$50-$80 for ALL XBOX 360 consoles.

[quote name='DX']
rollbackyo2.jpg

Wal Mart ad.

Not "huge" but $50 is $50.[/quote]

There is something very fishy about this ad. As another poster pointed out, there is no cents number on the 360 AD. Also, what is the extra writing above and below the price? How may ways can you say $50 price drop? Why would n't Microsoft drop the price on all SKUs instaed of just one? I can wait a week to see what is going on.

[quote name='lorul2']There is something very fishy about this ad. As another poster pointed out, there is no cents number on the 360 AD. Also, what is the extra writing above and below the price? How may ways can you say $50 price drop? Why would n't Microsoft drop the price on all SKUs instaed of just one? I can wait a week to see what is going on.[/QUOTE]
xbox3452.jpg

It says rollback above the price.

[quote name='lorul2']There is something very fishy about this ad. As another poster pointed out, there is no cents number on the 360 AD. Also, what is the extra writing above and below the price? How may ways can you say $50 price drop? Why would n't Microsoft drop the price on all SKUs instaed of just one? I can wait a week to see what is going on.[/quote]Product desctription.

[quote name='lorul2']There is something very fishy about this ad. As another poster pointed out, there is no cents number on the 360 AD. Also, what is the extra writing above and below the price? How may ways can you say $50 price drop? Why would n't Microsoft drop the price on all SKUs instaed of just one? I can wait a week to see what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Old WM ad:

walmart.jpg

Notice the lack of cents?

To avoid anymore speculation, I'm going to go ahead and confirm the price drop in the TRU ad for the week of 8/12. I may get a pic later.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']To avoid anymore speculation, I'm going to go ahead and confirm the price drop in the TRU ad for the week of 8/12. I may get a pic later.[/QUOTE]
Does the ad show anything other than the Premium at $350?

Core at $250?

Elite at $400?

[quote name='zewone']Does the ad show anything other than the Premium at $350?

Core at $250?

Elite at $400?[/QUOTE]

Why would they drop the elite by $80?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The OP is a member of at least four forums where this was posted, and we weren't the first.

My comment about not having copyrighted crap on here still stands, though.[/QUOTE]

Speedy has done it numerous times before. Have we been sued before or are you just paranoid? We have posted ads before, more recently the PS3 price drop, and guess what, we didn't get sued.

[quote name='mkelehan']At the 2 year mark, the PS2 had sold about 10 million. And that ended well.[/QUOTE]

And the 360 is still sitting at $400 which is $200 more than the PS2 was at the two year mark. So in essence the 360 selling at the same rate as the PS2 with $100-$200 premium is more impressive.

[quote name='Corvin']And the 360 is still sitting at $400 which is $200 more than the PS2 was at the two year mark. So in essence the 360 selling at the same rate as the PS2 with $100-$200 premium is more impressive.[/quote]

If you're thinking the 360 will sell the same amount of units as the PS2, I think you're smoking something.

I imagine every place with lower the price of this. Its official, not a temp. cut from Wal-Mart. Its been confirmed by a few CAGs here and others on other forums.

I think certain stores are going to be slower at lowering their prices once the official drop is due to occur. Specifically Costco. I wonder how long it'll take them to adjust the price of their bundle accordingly? I don't know about you guys, but they're the only place I'd trust buying a 360 from because of reliability issues and their long return policy.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Speedy has done it numerous times before. Have we been sued before or are you just paranoid? We have posted ads before, more recently the PS3 price drop, and guess what, we didn't get sued.[/QUOTE]

We don't need to do it there, either.

We'll see what Cheapy has to say in the matter. If he says it's cool, then you won't hear another word on the subject from me.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
My comment about not having copyrighted crap on here still stands, though.[/quote]

If you're that concerned about IP law, I suggest you remove the trademarked and copyrighted images from your .sig until you obtain permission from rights holders.

My friend works at an EB games and they received an email from coporate that said there was going to be a 360 Price drop soon. This was a week or 2 ago. I wouldnt doubt it 1 bit. Also on CheapyD's interview one of the new anchors asked him about the Microsoft Price drop even though only the Ps3 Price drop was announced at E3 the title on the NEws said Microsoft announces Price cut.

[quote name='CheapBastardToo']If you're that concerned about IP law, I suggest you remove the trademarked and copyrighted images from your .sig until you obtain permission from rights holders.[/QUOTE]

Already did, but thanks for caring.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Already did, but thanks for caring.[/QUOTE]

Paranoia Paranoia everybody's comin to get me,
Just say you never met me,
Im running underground with the moles,
digging holes,

[quote name='GizmoGC']Paranoia Paranoia everybody's comin to get me,
Just say you never met me,
Im running underground with the moles,
digging holes,[/quote]

Hear the voices in my head
I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring
But if you're bored then you're boring
The agony and the irony, they're killing me, whoa!

[quote name='PikaPichu']I think certain stores are going to be slower at lowering their prices once the official drop is due to occur. Specifically Costco. I wonder how long it'll take them to adjust the price of their bundle accordingly? I don't know about you guys, but they're the only place I'd trust buying a 360 from because of reliability issues and their long return policy.[/quote]

Concerning the PS3 price drop; the drop happened at Costco approximately 3 days after it was officially announced by sony. I would imagine it would be close to the same amount of time.

bread's done
Back