Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='elessar123']Wouldn't you be more fucked up for being ok with being swindled? So I should trick everyone in America out of a dollar, but it's ok, because you only lost a dollar.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to defend OR, but posting someone's personal inflammation online isn't exactly the rational thing to do here. It opens up his family to harassment. Granted, his entire family could be assholes but I gotta say that the way some people are acting in this thread is beyond unreasonable.

And honestly, how much could they have possibly made from this? They asked for $600 and I doubt they made much more after they met that quota. Also, I don't think they allowed for more than $10 per person (though I could be wrong here). There are worse people out there to go after.

You don't understand. This is CAG. That $10 could have gone towards adding another cheap shitty game we would never play to our backlogs.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm not trying to defend OR, but posting someone's personal inflammation online isn't exactly the rational thing to do here. It opens up his family to harassment. Granted, his entire family could be assholes but I gotta say that the way some people are acting in this thread is beyond unreasonable.

And honestly, how much could they have possibly made from this? They asked for $600 and I doubt they made much more after they met that quota. Also, I don't think they allowed for more than $10 per person (though I could be wrong here). There are worse people out there to go after.[/QUOTE]

Silly question - but if someone was going to go through the effort to harass someone over this, couldn't they find all this same information themselves? I've found several things regarding Mr. Boaz (although nothing to support the robbery story) online and I don't have much experience stalking folks.

[quote name='UncleBob']Silly question - but if someone was going to go through the effort to harass someone over this, couldn't they find all this same information themselves? I've found several things regarding Mr. Boaz (although nothing to support the robbery story) online and I don't have much experience stalking folks.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't want people to harrass him then why did you post all of his info on a public forum?

[quote name='UncleBob']I have not posted his information on a public forum.

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

My bad, looking at the forum on my phone and mixed up ava pics. Still, the only reason anyone would post a private phone number online would be to encourage harrassment.

Or because the information was cut and pasted, in whole, from another online source and the person who posted it sincerely would like for someone to manage to find something that supports the claims made by the person to whom the information belongs?

[quote name='Vinny']And honestly, how much could they have possibly made from this? They asked for $600 and I doubt they made much more after they met that quota. Also, I don't think they allowed for more than $10 per person (though I could be wrong here). There are worse people out there to go after.[/QUOTE]

No idea, but if they did make 1,000 boxes like they claim, that's $10,000+.

This is going too far, and I wonder how Cheapy would feel, knowing that this is going down on his forum.

Just eat the $10, guys. Or if you really do want to play Sherlock Holmes, do it somewhere else, in private.

I'm not going to claim and say posting the address what I did was the best idea but I felt everyone who felt they got ripped off and feels this is a scam I gave them a starting point. I found a lot of addresses from this individual and there a lot of people that scam many.

If you feel what I posted was unnecessary quit your complaining and message a mod about it. What I posted is no different than what is posted in the eBay scammer thread, take for what you want and anybody that says it's only $10 is right but $10 across 1000 people is going a bit too far.

[quote name='skiizim']
If you feel what I posted was unnecessary quit your complaining and message a mod about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I did. You might have noticed that your post is gone.

[quote name='whoknows']You don't understand. This is CAG. That $10 could have gone towards adding another cheap shitty game we would never play to our backlogs.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I play all my $10 games before I play the ones I payed for at higher prices.

[quote name='UncleBob']Silly question - but if someone was going to go through the effort to harass someone over this, couldn't they find all this same information themselves? I've found several things regarding Mr. Boaz (although nothing to support the robbery story) online and I don't have much experience stalking folks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can. But you don't want your contact information floating around along with words like fraud, thief, and scammer around the internet. There are plenty of internet vigilantes around and I don't think I need to explain how mob mentality works.

[quote name='elessar123']No idea, but if they did make 1,000 boxes like they claim, that's $10,000+.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']I'm not going to claim and say posting the address what I did was the best idea but I felt everyone who felt they got ripped off and feels this is a scam I gave them a starting point. I found a lot of addresses from this individual and there a lot of people that scam many.

If you feel what I posted was unnecessary quit your complaining and message a mod about it. What I posted is no different than what is posted in the eBay scammer thread, take for what you want and anybody that says it's only $10 is right but $10 across 1000 people is going a bit too far.[/QUOTE]

I think both of you are mistaken... are you guys sure they actually collected $10,000 in donations? They only wanted $600 to begin with and then once they met that quota, they said they would continue to accept donations for boxes to help fund the site.

I highly doubt they received another 940 donations for $10 after their quota was met. I'm guessing they decided to have 1,000 boxes made because of bulk discounts, not because they received $10,000 in donations.

And honestly, if you're not sure that's the right address... then you should probably remove it. You don't wanna get an innocent family harassed like Spike Lee did... twice.

I was one of the first donors have adamantly tried to defend them until this theft fiasco but you guys need to be a bit more rational here.

[quote name='Vinny']Yes, they can. But you don't want your contact information floating around along with words like fraud, thief, and scammer around the internet. There are plenty of internet vigilantes around and I don't think I need to explain how mob mentality works.[/QUOTE]
If the lack of information I've dug up has shown me anything, if Mr. Boaz really doesn't want his name associated with "fraud, thief, and scammer", then he is the only one who can provide the information that shows he isn't.

When you tell a story, you can't just expect random strangers to believe every word of it without any evidence.

[quote name='UncleBob']If the lack of information I've dug up has shown me anything, if Mr. Boaz really doesn't want his name associated with "fraud, thief, and scammer", then he is the only one who can provide the information that shows he isn't.

When you tell a story, you can't just expect random strangers to believe every word of it without any evidence.[/QUOTE]

His story does have a lot of holes, but you guys don't exactly have any real non-circumstantial evidence to suggest he is lying. And just because there is a lack of information on him doesn't really mean much. Public domain information is only there if someone puts it there, it's possible that he's a private person.

Additionally, if this was a scam, he could have easily ran off and not come back to post his story. But in posting his story, he put his name out there. And even then, he could have disappeared but he's still around OR (I think?).

I agree - and have stated many, many times - I have found no information that shows he is lying.

There's two realistic possibilities - either he's lying or he's telling the truth.

If he's telling the truth, then we random folks on the internet have a chance of finding something - but there's one guy who can, without doubt, provide evidence either way. And he refuses to do so. Until he does, then he can't really be too upset that the rest of us are doing our best.

I can't argue against that. You are right that he could have quelled things quickly by showing a police report (even though it's meaningless) or something... not sure if it's bad judgement or if he didn't file the report because he was running a meth lab and didn't want the cops around.

[quote name='elessar123']Wouldn't you be more fucked up for being ok with being swindled? So I should trick everyone in America out of a dollar, but it's ok, because you only lost a dollar.[/QUOTE]

Send one dollar to Happy Dude! 742 Evergreen Terrace.

[quote name='UncleBob']So... XSeed is bringing Pandora's Tower to the US.
[/QUOTE]

do_not_want8.jpg

Wonder if we'll get it in hand before we get the collector's box in hand.

:D[/QUOTE]

And they'll take ALLLLL the credit.

Wonder if we'll get it in hand before we get the collector's box in hand.

:D[/QUOTE]

I like how you posted the news in this thread instead of creating a new one just so you guys could play internet detectives again.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I like how you posted the news in this thread instead of creating a new one just so you guys could play internet detectives again.[/QUOTE]

For someone that hates this thread so much you sure do come back around a lot.

[quote name='jello44']And they'll take ALLLLL the credit.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I've already seen people congratulating Operation Rainfall today.

[quote name='Vegan']Oh, I've already seen people congratulating Operation Rainfall today.[/QUOTE]

Every article I've read has credited rainfall for it.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I like how you posted the news in this thread instead of creating a new one just so you guys could play internet detectives again.[/QUOTE]

Why the heck would I create a brand new thread for something that's already covered in a topic that's still on the same page?

And I didn't post this in a Pandora's Tower thread because I didn't want to crap up another thread with talk about this box.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Does credit matter? Xseed is getting paid for its efforts.

If anything, Rainfall helped clarify Xseed's #2 criterion - "is there a market for the game?"[/QUOTE]

Actually, most of the commentary I read at the time of its announcement was, "What does XSEED think they're doing? Are they insane? They'll never recoup."

[quote name='Vegan']Actually, most of the commentary I read at the time of its announcement was, "What does XSEED think they're doing? Are they insane? They'll never recoup."[/QUOTE]

Yea, even I thought it was a bad idea. It's way worse than TLS by most accounts, and TLS want even that well received.

This is preposterous that anyone would credit Operation Rainfall or defend them in spite of Pandora's Tower coming to North America. They set out with 2 goals in seeking donations. The first was to send "special promotional kits" to publishers and the second was to provide collector's boxes to those who donate (http://operationrainfall.com/help-p...-publishers-and-get-a-classy-collectors-case/)

There's no evidence to suggest they ever sent out the promotional kits and as we've seen from the saga of this thread, the boxes never happened either. Not only that but on the very same link I listed above, they publicly announced they had ceased "campaigning" for Pandora's Tower all the way back in October.

These guys were scam artists, plain and simple.

The latest update says that they're using a new printer:

Thursday, January 31, 2013: We are negotiating a new printing deal on the cases. We’ve made a few alterations to the original case design to meet requirements of the new printer, and we anticipate shipping them to all who donated during the original campaign sometime during the month of February. Please bear with us as we continue to get this all sorted out and we sincerely apologize for the delay.

Their FAQ says the following:
Q: What is the name of the printer that printed the packages?
A: We will disclose the printer name after the cases are securely shipped to those who donated. Also, out of complete fairness, the delay in the cases was partially the fault of Oprainfall staff as well. For the moment, as we still have pending business with the printer, they shall remain anonymous.

Thus, I've asked on their Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall/posts/489309214437961
Dear OpR: In your FAQ for the Collector's Boxes, you state that you will not name the original printer for the boxes while you still have pending business with them. In the latest update, you mention that you're using a new printer. Does this mean you can now disclose the name of the original printer?

Why would they have to alter anything if they were supposed to be replacements? Why would they need a new printer?

It's possible that, due to the issues they had shipping from the old printer (I believe that previous statements said that they paid for insurance/signature confirmation or such and the printer did not get that when they shipped the package) that they decided to use a different printer.

As for alterations - new printer might require something different. Additionally, I suggested that they put something like "v2" on the box somewhere, so that if the original boxes did show up for sale, we'd know.

Im sorry, but it does not take this long to print cases. I look forward to the next excuse...and the next...and next.

[quote name='uthoria']Im sorry, but it does not take this long to print cases. I look forward to the next excuse...and the next...and next.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the printer. If they use someone in China, you're looking at upwards of 6 weeks for delivery alone.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Depends on the printer. If they use someone in China, you're looking at upwards of 6 weeks for delivery alone.[/QUOTE]

Date of original post: 04-20-2012

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Date of original post: 04-20-2012[/QUOTE]

Hmm...There's a post above me that lists 1-31-13 as the date of the post regarding new printers.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Hmm...There's a post above me that lists 1-31-13 as the date of the post regarding new printers.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the OP.

We're coming up to a YEAR now and those who donated (who didn't want a refund) still didn't get a splendid case that felates OPRF's ego.

[quote name='uthoria']Still no update on these mythical cases...lol[/QUOTE]

thats cause their mythical. like dragons they merely haunt and tease us but don't actually show up when you want one to burn your ex's house down

bread's done
Back