Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='iamsmart']I think we should start a letter-writing campaign to get OR to release their boxes. We'll call it "Project Tearfall" to represent all the tears we cried while waiting for our boxes.[/QUOTE]

My tears derive from laughter.

Update today from website:

Sunday, June 9th, 2013: Great news everybody. We fully expect to start shipping the cases to those that ordered them, this month! We will have an update for you sometime shortly after E3 and we will include pictures of the cases before we ship them. We know the long wait is not excusable, and we are truly sorry. We also know we are asking a lot, but wait just a little longer, and you’ll get the cases you donated for a year ago. We’re considering ways to make up for the long wait, such as maybe a raffle for those that donated and have been waiting. We’ll have more on that later, but for now, we’re just going to focus on getting those cases out to you all.

Also as a reminder, if you want a refund on your donation, you can request one at anytime. Just use our “Contact Us” form and include your name and Paypal address so your donated funds will be returned to you.

why do they need people to make a request? why not just return everyone's if they aren't doing what they said they would...

Update today from website:

Sunday, June 9th, 2013: Great news everybody. We fully expect to start shipping the cases to those that ordered them, this month! We will have an update for you sometime shortly after E3 and we will include pictures of the cases before we ship them. We know the long wait is not excusable, and we are truly sorry. We also know we are asking a lot, but wait just a little longer, and you’ll get the cases you donated for a year ago. We’re considering ways to make up for the long wait, such as maybe a raffle for those that donated and have been waiting. We’ll have more on that later, but for now, we’re just going to focus on getting those cases out to you all.

Also as a reminder, if you want a refund on your donation, you can request one at anytime. Just use our “Contact Us” form and include your name and Paypal address so your donated funds will be returned to you.

http://operationrainfall.com/about-those-donation-cases/

Update:

So when will YOU receive them?  Basically I need to go through every single box and match it to every applicable donation that we received.  Don’t worry, there’s enough to go around.

I didn’t donate, is it too late to chip in for one? No, but I’d rather make sure everyone who donated before hand has theirs all set up and ready to go. So hold your horses before donating! PLEASE! (for my sanity)

Do they come with the games? That would bankrupt us, especially considering how much Xenoblade goes for nowadays.

What took so long? A long tale of theft, lies, and betrayal.  I could write a book about it, ask my therapist!  The important part is we have them which means the next step is you’ll receive them!

So now that we finally have them we hope to get them out to you by the end of the week, at most next weekend.  Thank you for being as patient as you possibly can be, hopefully you can still trust us!!

Heh. Can't wait until they're robbed or lost in a fire, or Turns out our delivery service needs 3-6 weeks notice for this size of shipment. You can't just walk it down to the post office

This is a good con.

Those giant boxes would pretty much be the same size as the initial shipment, right?

The one that some dastardly crooks swept away in the night with?

I'm no thief, but if there are four large boxes and I'm trying to be quick and stealthy, I'm probably going to quickly peek inside them before I go through the efforts of loading them in my vehicle.

But then, I guess that's why I'm not a thief.

*edit* From the original article:

One of the things they also happened to steal was the box full of cases.
What now shipped in four large boxes originally shipped in one, single box?

Last edited by a moderator:

Those giant boxes would pretty much be the same size as the initial shipment, right?

The one that some dastardly crooks swept away in the night with?

I'm no thief, but if there are four large boxes and I'm trying to be quick and stealthy, I'm probably going to quickly peek inside them before I go through the efforts of loading them in my vehicle.

But then, I guess that's why I'm not a thief.

*edit* From the original article:

One of the things they also happened to steal was the box full of cases.
What now shipped in four large boxes originally shipped in one, single box?
What, you're trying to say that the contents of those 4 boxes couldn't arrive in one bigger box? And if thieves checked the content of packages, then I surely wouldn't have had a couple of seasons of Three's Company taken from my doorstep a few months ago.

I'm not saying they *couldn't* have... I'm just saying that if they had, it would have been a *really* big and pretty heavy box.  If I'm a thief who just broke into someone's house and saw all this electronic equipment that I was stealing, I would have taken the 15 seconds to pop open the large, heavy, awkward box before I took the effort to carry it to my car and load it up.

But that's just me.

Monday, July 15th 2013: The mailing labels for the hundreds who donated have all been printed, but we’re working on getting a bulk mail permit in order to significantly lower postage cost for us. We’ll keep you updated.
Looks like it's all coming together... one month at a time. I'm confident that by October, they'll finally be ready to put the packages in the car and drive to the post office.

Wait, they have time to update their blog 12 times a day, record a podcast, but not open one box? Looks like they got a proof, which runs about $5-10. Otherwise one of the big, sealed boxes would be open.

Jeez, they even have people in the comments asking how much to donate

Mostly, simply because they said they would. It's about keeping true to their word.

Like, when they said they'd post the police report... then backtracked and said they wouldn't.

It's already been established how shady these clowns are.  If you don't get your answer, are you going to hound them?  I just want my case, which will probably be a POS, and never want to hear about these fucktards again.

I got it today. Suck it haters. Jk its shit but its what I expected/payed for. Standard cardboard fair here. Looks decent but idk where I'd put it in my alphabetized collection so idk if I'll use it.
2jbtlkm.jpg

Got mine today too. A little more flimsy than I had expected, but, none the less, a neat little piece of Nintendo-related history and now with all kinds of crime and drama to give it a backstory.

So, they won't say who the original printing company is because only one singular guy knew who it was and he's not with the group anymore and no one can reach out to ask him and that's all they're saying and they're not going to answer any more questions regarding the situation.

Hm.

Hm. They've deleted my post and blocked me from commenting.

Guess that means they really don't plan on clearing this up or offering any real supporting evidence of their initial claims.

But that's okay. :D

Hm. They've deleted my post and blocked me from commenting.

Guess that means they really don't plan on clearing this up or offering any real supporting evidence of their initial claims.

But that's okay. :D
Come on man, I think you just need to let it go. I mean, sure, it took them over a year to ship a handful of paper boxes, and the circumstances behind the "theft" of said boxes was awful suspicious, and they didn't provide a scant bit of proof to back up their story, and if they did respond to anything they insisted it was the action or opinion of another employee, and we never actually had proof that they created the press kits behind this whole promotion.... but surely we can offer them some leeway since they are a professional site, no? I mean, these are the guys who singlehandedly influenced Nintendo to bring Xenoblade stateside... or didn't. It really depends on who you ask about it at PR.

Personally, I'm just glad that this whole fiasco is over, and I can't wait to watch PR grow over the years to a full-fledged gaming news site. Because that will totally happen. It's not like they are barely hanging on to their publicity from the Rainfall campaign and their business will die a slow death when people realize they have nothing more to offer.

Weren't people saying this was going to be rare, you better donate money before they run out, it's only going to increase the value of the set... What happened to that? lol.... Just out of curiosity did the packages have a return address?

bread's done
Back