Xenoblade Chronicles - Operation Rainfall Collectors Edition Box $10

[quote name='ThomasTruong']
Operation%20Circlejerking.png

You can send checks directly to me.[/QUOTE]

This bears reposting.

they advertised the hell out of the game and got it onto gaming message boards which is more than nintendos plan of letting the games exist in japan only without making a sound.

[quote name='kayne2000']they advertised the hell out of the game and got it onto gaming message boards which is more than nintendos plan of letting the games exist in japan only without making a sound.[/QUOTE]

Giving them way too much credit.

I really think this group led a successful grassroots PR campaign for xenoblade. I never would have heard of it if they hadnt made a stink on game blogs. Otherwise I feel xenoblade wouldve made one of those "why didnt this see an american release" top ten lists like Captain Sunshine.

The legitimacy and responsiveness of how they dealt with the money they received is another thing

[quote name='moothemagiccow']I really think this group led a successful grassroots PR campaign for xenoblade. I never would have heard of it if they hadnt made a stink on game blogs. Otherwise I feel xenoblade wouldve made one of those "why didnt this see an american release" top ten lists like Captain Sunshine.

The legitimacy and responsiveness of how they dealt with the money they received is another thing[/QUOTE]

this. they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

just because people are bitter over this collectors box/case thing is no excuse to discount what they did to advertise these games

[quote name='blindinglights']What an ugly box.[/QUOTE]

Geez, that is HIDEOUS! They should refund me AND give me $10 more dollars to just to take that POS! This mockup looked WAY better!

operation-rainfall-collection-limited-edition-case-pitch-to-publisher-campaign.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what's funny?

We *never* saw anything between that mock-up and this new box sample.

You'd think they'd have the original digital files showing the box that was stolen. :D

US release of Pandora's Tower is 23 days away. Wonder which I'll have first. :D

[quote name='UncleBob']You know what's funny?

We *never* saw anything between that mock-up and this new box sample.

You'd think they'd have the original digital files showing the box that was stolen. :D

US release of Pandora's Tower is 23 days away. Wonder which I'll have first. :D[/QUOTE]

I think this IS the box that was supposedly stolen all along! In that case, I'm glad the "thieves" took it. Guess they were trying to save everyone from getting this BS box! No one would have paid good money to get this if they knew this is how it would look!

So glad Pandora's Tower is close because then this whole thing will finally be over with!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kayne2000']this. they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

just because people are bitter over this collectors box/case thing is no excuse to discount what they did to advertise these games[/QUOTE]

True. Most people (including myself) would never even have heard of these games if not for their campaigning. It's not always easy to get a company's attention and actually have them listen. I hope this sets a good precedent for more localization of games.

However, this absolutely doesn't give them a pass for the donations fiasco/box shenanigans!

As I recall, and I'll have to go back and do a bit of reading to verify, the folks at XSeed hadn't even heard of Operation Rainfall until after they made the decision to localize Last Story. So from a localization process, I have no doubt OPR had little to no influence.

It would be hard to say the same about sales. It's very likely that Last Story became XSeed's top seller because of the word of mouth generated by OPR. For that they deserve some credit.

They're stretching it with the amount that they are taking, however.

[quote name='SKEETER']I think this IS the box that was supposedly stolen all along! In that case, I'm glad the "thieves" took it. Guess they were trying to save everyone from getting this BS box! No one would have paid good money to get this if they knew this is how it would look!

So glad Pandora's Tower is close because then this whole thing will finally be over with![/QUOTE]

Can't quite be the same box. Pandora's Tower is listed with XSEED copyright and the box has 2013 all over it.

[quote name='thelonepig']As I recall, and I'll have to go back and do a bit of reading to verify, the folks at XSeed hadn't even heard of Operation Rainfall until after they made the decision to localize Last Story. So from a localization process, I have no doubt OPR had little to no influence.

It would be hard to say the same about sales. It's very likely that Last Story became XSeed's top seller because of the word of mouth generated by OPR. For that they deserve some credit.

They're stretching it with the amount that they are taking, however.[/QUOTE]

Read that too, I think it was in that Kotaku article.

[quote name='Squarehard']I wonder what the excuse will be this time when they don't fulfill the orders.

My money is on spontaneous combustion.[/QUOTE]

I'll say, flying monkeys kidnap the UPS/FedEx guy as he is delivering them to the residence.

[quote name='thelonepig']As I recall, and I'll have to go back and do a bit of reading to verify, the folks at XSeed hadn't even heard of Operation Rainfall until after they made the decision to localize Last Story. So from a localization process, I have no doubt OPR had little to no influence.

They're stretching it with the amount that they are taking, however.[/QUOTE]

of course why would they admit that? its bad PR. it would be like admitting that yes that protest and constant bugging us to do something worked. so please feel free to do it next time. most people say sure do that but in all honesty nearly everyone hates to be bugged to death about something. it would also be like nintendo and XSEED admitting they were wrong and should of had plans to localize this game all along.

you think a company will admit they are wrong? psh rarely does that happen and usually only after a good sledgehammer shots to the head.

I actually like the new(?) boxart. Although it would have been nice to be slightly less Rainfall and more about the actual games.

Might as well have slapped an IGN logo while they were at it, but I'm still looking forward to getting it.

[quote name='RabbitSuit'] Although it would have been nice to be slightly less Rainfall and more about the actual games.[/QUOTE]
This is a group that put "Operation Rainfall Presents... The Rainfall Collection" on their fake box. I think it shows some restraint that they didn't rename the games Rainfall Chronicles, The Last Rainfall, and Rainfall's Tower.

[quote name='kayne2000']of course why would they admit that? its bad PR. it would be like admitting that yes that protest and constant bugging us to do something worked. so please feel free to do it next time. most people say sure do that but in all honesty nearly everyone hates to be bugged to death about something. it would also be like nintendo and XSEED admitting they were wrong and should of had plans to localize this game all along.

you think a company will admit they are wrong? psh rarely does that happen and usually only after a good sledgehammer shots to the head.[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is you'd rather trust the unsubstantiated claim of a group of people that have knowingly lied to you over a company that has nothing to lose by acknowledging that they listened to the consumer.

[quote name='thelonepig']So what you are saying is you'd rather trust the unsubstantiated claim of a group of people that have knowingly lied to you over a company that has nothing to lose by acknowledging that they listened to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

for a company that publishes niche japanese games for wii it's pretty hard to believe nobody in their office ever heard of the grassroots movement to release the two most recent wii games they happened to release

they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

That’s the thing though: there was already a fervent demand for these games. I remember plenty of regular articles from IGN about Xenoblade before OR became a thing, not to mention all of the posts on message boards. Really, all OR did was take this pre-existing movement and give it a name. Did that help? Yes, I’m sure it did, but only by unifying fans under the same banner, not by creating awareness to potential new fans… which is really only a marginal victory in my opinion.

I see there hasn’t been much progress made on the many questions remaining from the great box caper, though we now have a sample. I can only assume they don’t want to reveal the printing service’s name because they don’t want people to know that they “George Constanza’d” on the print quality. If and when you do get your box, I suggest not licking it.

they really got these three games known. without them i am sure you and many others would never of heard of the game. hell they were all over gaming boards for a while which is free advertising for a game that nintendo refused to advertise and likely had 0 intention of ever bringing over.

That’s the thing though: there was already a fervent demand for these games. I remember plenty of regular articles from IGN about Xenoblade before OR became a thing, not to mention all of the posts on message boards. Really, all OR did was take this pre-existing movement and give it a name. Did that help? Yes, I’m sure it did, but only by unifying fans under the same banner, not by creating awareness to potential new fans… which is really only a marginal victory in my opinion.

I see there hasn’t been much progress made on the many questions remaining from the great box caper, though we now have a sample. I can only assume they don’t want to reveal the printing service’s name because they don’t want people to know that they “George Constanza’d” on the print quality. If and when you do get your box, I suggest not licking it.

I'm new to this thread, but I have to agree. I'd heard about Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower long before OR. OR didn't create recognition for those games, they just gave a movement a name. That was really it.

Last Story was easily in the headlines FAR more than the other two. Hironobu Sakaguchi's biggest game since leaving Squeenix kind of helps. Hearing about Last Story usually lead to the other two with a bit of searching.

[quote name='thelonepig']So what you are saying is you'd rather trust the unsubstantiated claim of a group of people that have knowingly lied to you over a company that has nothing to lose by acknowledging that they listened to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

not entirely saying that but i am mostly pointing out the company has no reason to admit OR had any say in this. and that claim is equally valid as OR's claim.

but the fact is OR got into the public spotlight and shined it on these three games. when neither nintendo nor XSEED where doing that.

and yes some gamers could of heard about the game before OR....butt those are active gamers that post on gaming boards and are very in the loop. many people in this thread have already admitted they only heard of these games because of OR

so doesnt that mean that OR had an effect? or can you prove those people are lying?

or can you prove those people are lying?
No more than I can prove that they are telling the truth.

Look, let's not nitpick the small stuff and just both agree that OR was stupid and worthless.

I hope this box is a throwable item in the next Smash Bros game.
They originally had it in the game, but it kept taking too long to spawn on the stage.

Haha, what's with the tagblock01, tagblock02 tags?

[quote name='iamsmart']Look, let's not nitpick the small stuff and just both agree that OR was stupid and worthless.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But check these pics out:

picture.php

picture.php

Though I don't think this is "the small stuff" when they ran a fund raise donation to make "dev kits" they could send to publishers, where those even ever sent out? I highly doubt it. Why would they not go straight to XSEED for Pandora's Tower after knowing they published The Last Story? And we now know, they picked up Pandora's Tower too, no thanks to OR.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']for a company that publishes niche japanese games for wii it's pretty hard to believe nobody in their office ever heard of the grassroots movement to release the two most recent wii games they happened to release[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's far more hard to believe that a company that published niche Japanese games DIDN'T hear about any of these games EXISTING prior to OR.

[quote name='jello44']I'd say it's far more hard to believe that a company that published niche Japanese games DIDN'T hear about any of these games EXISTING prior to OR.[/QUOTE]

And were potentially in negotiations before OR became a thing.

[quote name='thelonepig']And were potentially in negotiations before OR became a thing.[/QUOTE]

Especially considering these games were shown at E3...

...All OR did was give a face to the outrage that already existed, while trying to take credit for said outrage at the same time.

[quote name='Squarehard']I wonder what the excuse will be this time when they don't fulfill the orders.

My money is on spontaneous combustion.[/QUOTE]

Sinkholes, definitely.

[quote name='UncleBob']So... XSeed is bringing Pandora's Tower to the US.

Wonder if we'll get it in hand before we get the collector's box in hand.

:D[/QUOTE]
lol. Exactly one year after this thread is started, what do I get in the mail?!?

My copy of Pandora's Tower. Yay!

[quote name='UncleBob']lol. Exactly one year after this thread is started, what do I get in the mail?!?

My copy of Pandora's Tower. Yay![/QUOTE]

Give it another year and you might just get a commemorative box to put it in. :lol:

[quote name='iamsmart']Just got mine in the mail!

Haha no, just kidding.... could you imagine though?[/QUOTE]

LOL! :applause:

Lol this was such a scam. I can't wait til they insensitively say the boxes were passing through Oklahoma last week and were destroyed.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Lol this was such a scam. I can't wait til they insensitively say the boxes were passing through Oklahoma last week and were destroyed.[/QUOTE]

i do admit that would be so tasteless and random i would laugh. but i also admit to being a terrible person.

I think the already tacky part is they keep updating their website with news and articles by haven't updated information on the boxes since April. They clearly used the "Operation Rainfall" project money to fund the startup of their website. I'd be surprised if any media presentation packets were ever sent out or even produced.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Not sure what country they could be coming from that takes 50+ days to ship a package to the USA (since "the shipment is on its way" as of 4/1/2013). Maybe it got intercepted by Somali pirates.[/QUOTE]

or a nigerian prince.

I think we should start a letter-writing campaign to get OR to release their boxes. We'll call it "Project Tearfall" to represent all the tears we cried while waiting for our boxes.

[quote name='iamsmart']I think we should start a letter-writing campaign to get OR to release their boxes. We'll call it "Project Tearfall" to represent all the tears we cried while waiting for our boxes.[/QUOTE]

Eventually, can we take donations to build a press kit to convince OR to release the boxes? We can print out pictures of the boxes and mail them to OR. We can give everyone who donates $10 or more a display case to keep the OR box in.

bread's done
Back