Yes, It Was An Aprils Fool Joke - No, You Aren't A Stolen Goods Trading Suspect

When I saw that I pooped myself a little bit then I looked at the date and realized I never sold anything. This was a good prank lol.

I don't think I have ever went from disbelief, to agitation, to rage, and then to acceptance of being a dumbass in such a short amount of time.

I'm so glad it's spring break and I have absolutely nothing to do. I think I'll just sleep the entire day and avoid this as much as I can..

I was wondering what you were talking about until I went looking for it.

Guess I'm lucky I always bypass the front page.

I hate April, sooo many times more now. It's also 2AM, not the right time for a heart attack.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but can someone tell me why the front page says I'm under investigation for selling stolen goods? It seems like some type of sick joke. Any help would be appreciated... I've only had two transactions on CAG and in both transactions I purchased a game, I don't know what to think of this.

First second, I was like "HOLY CRAP!" then I remembered it was April Fools day..
But the part I really paid most attention to was "Tags: chickenbuttisadouchebag, "
Why so mean =(

I had a good laugh at this.
I might have feel for it if CAG was the first site I went to today.
Best prank so far today though.

Good one cheapy!

I knew it was April Fools Day, but it still surprised me seeing my username on the announcements. I lol'd at the douchebag tag. :lol:

lol I'm just glad I'm not the only person to fall for it. That was a good joke though, pretty creative. But it scared the shit out of me, I was like, are you kidding me!? I'm gonna get pissed if I get banned!

[quote name='PaddedCell']sob... I epic failed on this, I went as far as sending cheapy a private message... lame... =/[/QUOTE]
same here.. then I went to read the 112 comments and it wouldn't let me so I went another step and made another login haha :bomb: and needless to say I was guilty of a scam too.. fucking jerks haha

That was a damn good April Fools joke this year. Almost as good as CAG Premium from a few years ago. Props Cheapy and crew.

I gotta admit, it was a good one.
Fortunately, my Wife's birthday is today, so I kind of have it automatically built into memory that today is April Fools. So I get the same shock that others may have.
But still, Good One Cheapy.

[quote name='dominator']Wow I feel like a fucking retard... lmao Great joke, I deserve to be called a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too badly about it. I'm sure Cheapy scared the crap out of more than a few CAGs with this one. I knew it was an April Fools thing right away, but I still feel a little stupid because my first reaction to seeing it was "Hey, that's cool. Out of all the possible CAGs to use in his front-page April Fools joke, Cheapy went with me." Felt like Star of the Day for a few seconds until it occurred to me that, no, every CAG is seeing their own name. :oops:

I would have never seen it cause I normally don't look at the front page so thanks for this OP. I need that laugh after what I've had to deal with recently.

cheapy didn't have to use the word stolen... I was freaking out, but yes that was a damn good one

Well, at least I read this thread first. I knew it was April Fools though because I'm in a relationship with a friend from work for the day as my prank. (last year I was engaged on this day :p)

Clever in execution, but not funny.
Identity theft and/or being accused of an actual crime is not a laughing matter to me.
I appreciate the spirit in which it was done, and the coding skills used in creating it,
but I really think this wasn't a good idea.

I know many if not all of you are rolling your eyes and thinking "loosen up!"
Maybe I should, but maybe, just maybe, I have a point.

[quote name='raskol']Clever in execution, but not funny.
Identity theft and/or being accused of an actual crime is not a laughing matter to me.
I appreciate the spirit in which it was done, and the coding skills used in creating it,
but I really think this wasn't a good idea.

I know many if not all of you are rolling your eyes and thinking "loosen up!"
Maybe I should, but maybe, just maybe, I have a point.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say it, but considering the only one seeing your name with the article is you, I'd say you need to loosen up. :p

I kinda thought it was an April Fools Joke. My only concern is that I actually just completed a couple of trades, within the past few days, so it did FREAK ME OUT! :applause:

[quote name='dabamus']Sorry to say it, but considering the only one seeing your name with the article is you, I'd say you need to loosen up. :p[/QUOTE]

That entirely misses the point. You don't know that when you first see it. You think (or at least I did) that everyone else can see it too.
Look, April Fool's day isn't on everyone's radar. I realize that I am possibly the only one who doesn't think this is hilarious, so I'm willing to say that objectively, I'm just being an ass.
Still, I believe what I believe, and I believe that this was not a good idea. Just wanted that put on the record.

bread's done
Back