Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

Love your last two contributions, Gwen. Not necessarily stupid... rather in the funny as hell category.

/sold some of her ex's games
//to CAGs!
///no longer bitter

LOL Gwen, those deals remind me of the one deal that was in the paper here for about a week. It was some woman selling a PS2, with multiple controllers, games and memory cards for $100.

By the time I got off my laurels to inquire about it, it was not surprisingly LONG GONE.

The way the ad was posted, it sounded alot like that bitter ex gf one you posted. LOL My one ex bought me a PS2, which I already knew I was getting for Xmas one year and had to feign surprise when opening it at her families house that Xmas morning.

Needless to say, I made sure I took home MY PS2 with me and kept it close and guarded(till it got tripped over by a friends niece, which then made it not work well from then on out). Now, had I known what I know now about fixing a PS2, I would've never sold it off to EB for $100 in credit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Needless to say, I made sure I took home MY PS2 with me and kept it close and guarded[/quote]When he was still going out with her (or married to or whatever)?!? Sounds like one of those very close and trusting relationships.

On it's own, this isn't anything terribly funny.
"Sony Playstation 2 console slim PS2 with 2 Playstation Controllers $97.00
Playstation Games are $10.00 each"

I emailed her asking what games she was selling. I just got a reply this evening.

Truthfully, I've only hit craigslist once or twice before seeing this thread the other day, and that was just to see what it was, and how much Wiis were selling for when they first came out. Most of the CL listings I've seen in the past few days, I chalk up to wishful thinking, and people not wanting to recognize a thing called depreciation of value. But when I saw her reply (and my question was in no way vague or unclear, it clearly requested the titles of games she was selling), I sorta chuckled and the title of this thread sprung to mind.

Nintendo Wii
"I found my kid spending way too much time with it so I'm getting rid of the system."

That's interesting parenting. I'm only going to let you keep the toys you don't enjoy or use.

Here's a Rio Karma 20gig for $999.

woah is this a good deal? $70 for everything!!!

Super Nintendo (SNES) system w/ two controllers and hookups plus these additional games:

-Super Mario World
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
-Super Metroid
-Super Mario Kart
-Sim Earth
-Mario Paint
-Donkey Kong Country
-Super Gameboy system with four games (ducktales 2, zelda, kirby and tetris)

I had this lady go from wanting an N64 and 10 games for $50 to wanting N64 and Mario for $50 to not responding to any calls/e-mails.

[quote name='skid']http://appleton.craigslist.org/ele/364060751.html
i have 9 ps2 games all for $50
Very descriptive.[/quote]

I hit up the milwaukee CL and see these types of things all the time... there was one recently with 15 opened Ps2 games for $100 firm... after looking at what he had they were all games from those bundle packs walmart used to have last year with the 3 garbage games for $10.....

I got one that adds a new twist to "Craigslist Stupidity". It's called selling stuff for money, when it's usually free and widely available.

Hey guys! I got some BRAND NEW Wii accessories and i have some USED things as well.

Wii Remote(new)- $40
Wii Nunchuck(new)- $20
Wii 2 Controller Charging dock with two Rechargeable batteries(slightly used)- $35
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess Official Guide(delicately used)- $20 :whistle2:#
4 Wii Remote Straps(new)- $6 :applause:
Batallion Wars for Gamecube/Wii(slightly used)- $25 :whistle2:#

Let me know if you guys are interested. thanks!

Honorable mention goes to the overpriced Batallion Wars, and overpriced TP guide.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/363309413.html

On a side rant, has anyone noticed the marked increase in iPhone stupidity on Craigslist? People trying to sell phones for $100, $200, or even $600 over retail for these suckers? Do they not understand three important details about the iPhone launch?

1. You're getting completely screwed over by AT&T's "iPhone contract"
2. Apple actually decided to manufacture a decent amount of phones
3. This is the middle of summer, not the holiday season

I just gave eBay a quick check, and most phones that have recieved bids (the ones with no reserves) are either under retail value, or hovering slightly above the MSRP. What really gets my goat is the fact that these fuckers stood out in line for many hours in order to scalp the damn thing, only to find out it's pretty damn unscalpable. :D Yeah, seeing people who probably can't afford to spend $600 plus tax on something they intended to scalp makes my day.

[quote name='edavis0780']On a side rant, has anyone noticed the marked increase in iPhone stupidity on Craigslist? People trying to sell phones for $100, $200, or even $600 over retail for these suckers? Do they not understand three important details about the iPhone launch?

1. You're getting completely screwed over by AT&T's "iPhone contract"
2. Apple actually decided to manufacture a decent amount of phones
3. This is the middle of summer, not the holiday season

I just gave eBay a quick check, and most phones that have recieved bids (the ones with no reserves) are either under retail value, or hovering slightly above the MSRP. What really gets my goat is the fact that these fuckers stood out in line for many hours in order to scalp the damn thing, only to find out it's pretty damn unscalpable. :D Yeah, seeing people who probably can't afford to spend $600 plus tax on something they intended to scalp makes my day.[/QUOTE]

You mean like this moron in my home city:

In line at The Oaks, Simi Valley residents James and Stacey Underwood said they hope to purchase 10 to 12 iPhones, and sell them on eBay for a fast $19,000 profit. They expect to pay off most of their credit card debt with the proceeds.

The couple is paying James' two younger brothers and a friend $50 to wait with them, and hope that their six-month-old baby, Nolan, will be able to buy two of the gadgets as well.

"Hey, he's been waiting too," Stacey said.

"Yeah, he brought his piggy-bank," James added, grinning.

The Underwoods said they asked a store representative if Nolan would be able to make a purchase, and were told, "Hey, as long as he has cash." James expects to have the iPhones posted on eBay as early as 7 p.m. today

[quote name='dinovelvet']Looks like he wasn't kidding, this looks like him -

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZs-handleQQhtZ-1

Ten iphones, none have bids. Good luck with that 19 grand profit :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, that actually IS them. I guess they think they can make $19,000 profit with a whole 27 feedback to. Hell, I have 580 on ebay and I don't even think I could make $19,000 profit off of 12 $600 items. Is that even possible? They would have to sell for what, $1,600?

You want to know how many they sold? 0. Yes, 0! I took a look at their completed auctions. But they did sell something...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=130128784969
Yes, an iPhone domain for $99.99. I bet someone thought it was the ACTUALLY phone. $19,000 in debt for a reason.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yes, that actually IS them. I guess they think they can make $19,000 profit with a whole 27 feedback to. Hell, I have 580 on ebay and I don't even think I could make $19,000 profit off of 12 $600 items. Is that even possible? They would have to sell for what, $1,600?

You want to know how many they sold? 0. Yes, 0! I took a look at their completed auctions. But they did sell something...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11153&item=130128784969
Yes, an iPhone domain for $99.99. I bet someone thought it was the ACTUALLY phone. $19,000 in debt for a reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its pretty sad. If you break it down, they probably paid close to $640 after sales tax for each of them, so if they get one bid on their $650 ones that end tomorrow, with ebay fees and the free overnight shipping (costs at least $13) they've promised, they're going to LOSE money on these. Bet that 24 hour wait in line was sure worth it!

This is a Facebook Marketplace posting, so I just copied the games and prices.

- Xbox -

Action Replay MAX - $35
(note: This item is brand new and unopened. This cheat device is for the original Xbox only, and will not work with an Xbox 360. Contains a disc and hardware dongle loaded with cheat data for use with many standard Xbox games)

Doom 3 - $25
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil - $25
Half-Life 2 - $30
Max Payne - $10
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - $20
Ninja Gaiden - $20
Ninja Gaiden Black - $30
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams - $20
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $25
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $40
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $20

He was selling games for all major systems, although these were the most ridiculous.

[quote name='karkyco']Check out this WINNAR!!!

"Hey dudes! I'm sellin' my hella rad bong for $50, some totally cool knives for $30, and a beat to hell NES with like a dozen loose common/crap games for $200!!!"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/365428401.html

Oh and the RARE Slim PS2 guy is back - better jump on this quick! There were only 300 of these "thin PS2s" made ever!!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/365557145.html[/QUOTE]

Someone call the bong guy, Mason i think was his name, and act all stoned and stuff. Great prank call material!

[quote name='Porksta']This is a Facebook Marketplace posting, so I just copied the games and prices.

- Xbox -

Action Replay MAX - $35
(note: This item is brand new and unopened. This cheat device is for the original Xbox only, and will not work with an Xbox 360. Contains a disc and hardware dongle loaded with cheat data for use with many standard Xbox games)

Doom 3 - $25
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil - $25
Half-Life 2 - $30
Max Payne - $10
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - $20
Ninja Gaiden - $20
Ninja Gaiden Black - $30
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams - $20
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $25
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords - $40
Thief: Deadly Shadows - $20

He was selling games for all major systems, although these were the most ridiculous.[/quote]

Isn't Max Payne 2 something like 1.99 used?

Overpriced Piece of Crud
Playstation 2 console, controllers, games, pluys MORE! - $200

Playstation 2 console, 2 Dual shock controllers, 2 controlled extension cords, regular audio/video TV connection, HD Component audio/video cable, remote control for watching DVDs, Remote Control receiver, Remote Control driver CD, Playstation 2 memory card, Playstation one memory card (for the older PS/1 games), Original Box, and original manuals.
PS2 Games included are:
  • Top Gun
  • Nascar
  • SSX
  • ATV Off Road Fury
  • ATV Off Road Fury II
  • Wakeboardung Unleashed
PS1 Games included are:
  • Blues Big Musical
  • Sesame Street Elmo's Letter Adventure
Purchased and mainly played by an adult (me) and my younger kids (hence the older kids games) from a non smoking home.
Everything works and is in excellent condition.

this is my first post but i had to share this with you guys:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tag/367267426.html

Xbox 360 games - $2025

All games in good working condition some only used once or twice

I have condemned:criminal orgins
Need for speed most wanted - missing booklet
Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tiger woods PGA tour 06
NHL 2k6
MLB 2k6
NBA live 06 - mising booklet

[quote name='Graff']this is my first post but i had to share this with you guys:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tag/367267426.html

Xbox 360 games - $2025

All games in good working condition some only used once or twice

I have condemned:criminal orgins
Need for speed most wanted - missing booklet
Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tiger woods PGA tour 06
NHL 2k6
MLB 2k6
NBA live 06 - mising booklet[/quote]

Surely he typed it in wrong? I can see someone asking $225 but $2025 is just insane.:hot:

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/368392505.html

Only $170.00 for a pink DS Lite with a broken power switch and a missing stylus?? Comes with Madagasgar?

YES!!

pink nintendo ds lite - $170

Reply to: sale-xxxxxxx-xxx
Date: 2007-07-07, 4:08AM CDT

BOUGHT FOR MY DAUGHTER, AND ABOUT A WEEK AFTER I BOUGHT IT SHE SOMEHOW BROKE THE POWER SWITCH,

COMES WITH: CHARGER, GAME SYSTEM, MADAGASGAR (CARTRIDGE) STYLUS MISSING

PLEASE NEED TO SELL ASAP

PRICE 170.00 OBO

BOBBY

That's terribly disgusting. You always gotta stay clear of women on CL. They want full price for everything paid even if it was like 10 years ago.

[quote name='DustBoogie']This is pure genius. Look at how horrible the games listed are.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/tag/368137820.html[/quote]

I certainly hope that whoever listed that on CL accidentally put in an extra zero, since otherwise that price is fuckin ridiculous.

Mind you, if you buy this, you'll more than have your fill of sports and crappy games for the next couple years. And, many of them get great trade value too.

[quote name='xeno']does this count?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ele/368083267.html

Ratchet and Clank up your Arsenal,

*HULK, *Sly Cooper,

*THE Incredibles, *Spider-man,

*TY 2 the Tasmanian Tiger Bush Rescue,

*Jak II , and STAR WARS EPISODE III
for $86[/quote]

Sorry for the double post, but when I clicked on it, it only said $60, so they must've lowered the price since you listed it here. And, if you haven't played any of these games and they're in decent shape, $7.50 a game isn't TOO too bad.

Oh and to add to my post, here's one from my area.

An Xbox with av wires, one controllers and 12 top games:

http://scranton.craigslist.org/ele/349809374.html

They don't mention that the top games are ALL sports titles till you click on the ad.

The price: $150

bread's done
Back