Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='vicious7171']I don't know about you guys, but I wish I had a degree in playstation![/quote]

I'm thinking about switching majors. I'm a year away from my Bachelors in Economics, but a degree in playstation sounds like too good of an opportunity to pass up.

LOL You're quite welcome, though she sadly stopped responding after a couple of her OH SO WITTY replies to me. And, just when I was having a good laugh too.

It's playing on stereotypes but women have to be the worst sellers ever. They always think they're gonna get over on someone and then they end up getting majorly hosed.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/tag/380946185.html

the two playstation 2 games are malice anda jampack game disk with 13 games on 1 disk and the 3 xbox games are splinter cell pandora tomorrow (tom clancy) and the 2nd one is rainbow 6 lockdown (tom clancy)and the 3rd xbox game is spongebobsquarpants battle of bikina bottem and ill trow in a playstation 1 all for $100.00 or best offer call at (203)419-7709 make an offer MUST SELL

hah.

edit: i think the reason the price is so high is that he alludes to a 13" color tv in the subject... but no details on it, so... either way, fuck that for 100$

[quote name='drfunk85']I'm thinking about switching majors. I'm a year away from my Bachelors in Economics, but a degree in playstation sounds like too good of an opportunity to pass up.[/quote]

My Data Structures professor told the class that we were all disillusioned because our university didn't offer a Master's in Playstation and Gamecube...he added that we'd all love to have that on our resume.

So...maybe my university had a Bachelor's in Playstation and Gamecube...d'oh #-o

LOL varsity, that seller is gonna TROW in a Playstation 1, huh?

Some of the spelling and grammatical errors on CL that I see on a weekly basis just shock and amaze me. I mean....how do these folks exist otherwise?

[quote name='Caliburn']Do you guys think I should jump on this HOT :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot: deal?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/375254268.html

PS2 MADDEN 2003 - $20

Date: 2007-07-16, 4:02PM EDT

EA Sports Madden NFL 2003 for PS2. One disc, booklet included in orginal carton good condition. Fro pick up or seller will shipp for fee.[/quote]

Damn, that's sweet! You should definitely jump all over that one, especially since it comes with a FRO PICK UP!!! Is that a free Afro, or a free Afro Pick with purchase???

Jesus, these guys' ads are bad enough, can't they look over the 2 line ad and make sure they don't make stupid spelling/typing errors?

[quote name='vicious7171']As funny and horrible all these are, the worst is still:

http://longisland.craigslist.org/tag/368137820.html

If you are extremely generous to the point of giving $200 for all the hardware + accessories, then it's still $66 a game. $66 for '90s PS1 sports titles with no cases :applause:
You'd be ripped off if you payed 1/10th of what she's asking, unless you really want the games for yourself. I know if I ever have a kid, I'm going to have him playing RPGs at a young age so he appreciates them. No sports games for vicious jr, lol. Then at least I can get some of that money back :lol:[/quote]

Oh my God, I just emailed that nutcase. Each of those games listed can be found for a dollar or two at most.

[quote name='davo1224']Wanna actually know the WORST I have ever seen?

Someone trying to pass off the RROD as a mod. :bomb:[/quote]

It's most likely an old xbox. I have mine set up to be an amber ring when the xbox is on and red when it's in media center.

[quote name='Caliburn']Woah...

It's not Mortal Kombat 2 on Sega Genesis...it':s

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/381008453.html

Mortal 2 Kombat - $20

Date: 2007-07-24, 11:23AM EDT

I have a genesis sega. It is good.

I'm assuming the game's for sale and not the 'genesis sega.' I'm not sure if the poster is indicating that the game is in good condition or if it's a good, obedient game.[/quote]

They have dropped their price to $15 for a 13ish year old game now. What a steal, I should travel the 2 hours to there to grab it, since it's 'teh rarez'.....

OR, I could just wait and grab a beat up copy from Gamestop during their 75% off clearance for .60.

Decisions, decisions....

[quote name='scion of ys']how about this:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/381741834.html[/quote]
Hah, I saw an article about those on Digg. People seem to put them up on eBay for ridiculous sums, but they only seem to sell for around $20. Bottom line, audiophiles are crazy. There are people out there who buy replacement knobs for their stereo equipment because of "vibrations" the stock ones give off. But hey, New York is a big city, he may very well run into an eccentric audiophile and hit paydirt.

[quote name='theGrue']Hah, I saw an article about those on Digg. People seem to put them up on eBay for ridiculous sums, but they only seem to sell for around $20. Bottom line, audiophiles are crazy. There are people out there who buy replacement knobs for their stereo equipment because of "vibrations" the stock ones give off. But hey, New York is a big city, he may very well run into an eccentric audiophile and hit paydirt.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else remember when they also had the big segment about this on AOTS from G4, i guess it was some british guy that paid 6k for one of those ps1's and then all those money hungry ebay mongrels followed suit. looking for that quick buck.

[quote name='scion of ys']how about this:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/ele/381741834.html[/QUOTE]

……………………………………………………………………………..
………………………………..__…………………………………………
………………………..,-~*’`¯lllllll`*~,……………………………………
…………………..,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,………………………………
………………,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,…………………………….
……………,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\……………………………
………….;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\…………………………..
…………..\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/………\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,………………………
…………...\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*………..`~-~-,…(.(¯`*,`,……………………..
…………….\llllllllllll,-~*…………………)_-\..*`*;..)…………………….
……………..\,-*`¯,*`)…………,-~*`~.………….../……………………..
……………...|/.../…/~,…...-~*,-~*`;……………./.\……………………..
……………../.../…/…/..,-,..*~,.`*~*…………….*...\……………………
…………….|.../…/…/.*`...\...……………………)….)¯`~,……………...
…………….|./…/…./…….)……,.)`*~-,……….../….|..)…`~-,………….
……………/./.../…,*`-,…..`-,…*`….,---…...\…./…../..|……...¯```*~-,,,,
…………...(……….)`*~-,….`*`.,-~*.,-*……|…/.…/…/…………\……..
…………….*-,…….`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*……….|.,*...,*…|…………..\……..
……………….*,………`-,…)-,…………..,-*`...,-*….(`-,…………\…….
…….Panther34`-,………`-,/…*-,___,,-~*….,-*……|…`-,……….\…….
………………...,~)………..)|………...*,`*~--*……..|……`-,……...\…..

That $1200 PS 1, if not a joke, is the best one so far.

Here's an N64 you can have to $125!

Nintendo 64 - $125

Reply to: sale-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 2007-07-25, 1:06PM CDT

I have a nintendo 64 with a few games (about 4 or 5 not sure)that I want to get rid of... Bought for my daughter a few years ago and she does not play it. if interested please contact me!

Listings like this piss me off:

http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/382698333.html

yeah, I'm sure the kid is going to be eager to play through 1000s of hours of Jrpg tripe. who cares about real books with real stories with characters that are distinct genders when you can protect the lifestream mana flow of radiant great cloud tidus sephiroth? :roll: jk

I really don't like it because it's pretty lame that he's using his girlfriend's kid as an excuse to get ebay merchandise. So I sent him an email saying I had Suikoden II to see how much he offers :lol:

[quote name='davo1224']But Don't You See?! That Might Be A Real Ad![/QUOTE]

no. it's not. there are always bait ads like this and they always say the same stuff-- "looking for games from my childhood" and "it's for my kid" seem to pop up in these ads a lot, though most of them are just "I'll take your old rpgs off your hands lol!" I mean, the list of many of the rarer and most sought after RPGs is kind of a dead give away.

If I hear back, he'll be very interested in Suikoden II and offer like $20 for it.

for:
Alundra II
Suikoden II
Fire Emblem - Sacred Stones

(I threw in some others just to be more believable.) he's offering $30. :)

LOL I could get a copy of Alundra 2 around here complete and near mint(a couple smudges on the one disc(don't remember if its 1 or 2 disc though), for around $10, since the one store is clearing out their PS1 titles besides Gamestop.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I could get a copy of Alundra 2 around here complete and near mint(a couple smudges on the one disc(don't remember if its 1 or 2 disc though), for around $10, since the one store is clearing out their PS1 titles besides Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I threw in the cheapies to make me appear more legit.

I told him Suikoden II was sealed. he said "Well, im most interested in Suikoden II, since i loved playing that game, so i could probably give you $25 for that one. How does that sound?" :lol: sounds like ass!

[quote name='davo1224']I was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

sorry, couldn't tell.

[quote name='Apossum']yeah, I threw in the cheapies to make me appear more legit.

I told him Suikoden II was sealed. he said "Well, im most interested in Suikoden II, since i loved playing that game, so i could probably give you $25 for that one. How does that sound?" :lol: sounds like ass![/QUOTE]

Oh man, definitely keep baiting him. Write back and say "Well, I read that this one sells for a lot on the internet, but I'm not sure where to look. I might want to hold on to it for now..." and then see if he starts to sweat and offers, ooh, $30!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Oh man, definitely keep baiting him. Write back and say "Well, I read that this one sells for a lot on the internet, but I'm not sure where to look. I might want to hold on to it for now..." and then see if he starts to sweat and offers, ooh, $30![/QUOTE]

haha, yeah, I was considering just going "you're an ass" but I am feeling sadistic today...

this is what I wrote:

"lets see. it is new, so I'm not sure. I think I paid $50 for it when it came out."

Then I'm going to tell him I took it to a store and they told they wouldn't buy back new games, so I had to open it. after his response to that, I'm going to tell him I brought it to a local used store and traded it in for $15 towards a used original Xbox and Madden '05 :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']haha, yeah, I was considering just going "you're an ass" but I am feeling sadistic today...

this is what I wrote:

"lets see. it is new, so I'm not sure. I think I paid $50 for it when it came out."

Then I'm going to tell him I took it to a store and they told they wouldn't buy back new games, so I had to open it. after his response to that, I'm going to tell him I brought it to a local used store and traded it in for $15 towards a used original Xbox and Madden '05 :lol:[/quote]

Awesome.

HAHAHA what a scumbag bastard that guy is. "Yeah how about $30 for all three of those including the sealed Suikoden II...that's a REALLY good deal I'm giving you, let me tell you."

God damn bastard. Lead him on, Apossom, lead him on!!!

Check out this nonsense:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tag/385811187.html

Wii Sports (Brand New) - $45

I have 3 BRAND NEW Wii Sports games for the Nintendo Wii, These games are BRAND NEW and NEVER Played. This game is not sold in stores and only comes with the Wii when you buy it brand new.
This game is sold USED on Ebay for 50-60 dollars + shipping.
I'm asking $45 each.
Game comes in CD case, Does not come with original cardboard cover or manual.

--------------------------------------------------------

Really? Wii Sports are selling used on eBay for $50-60 plus shipping? Damn, there must be some idiots out there if that is the case! I'm sure there's SOOOOO much demand for a game that COMES WITH EVERY fuckING CONSOLE THAT IT PLAYS ON!:roll:

How the hell do you even end up with 3 Wii Sports in the first place? This dumb sucker probably paid some guys $20 a piece for them, thinking he could resell them. Oops!

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/tag/385766781.html

Transformers Optimus Prime - $80

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-07-30, 9:02PM PDT

Optimus Prime 20th anniversary edition. Stands 14 inches and width is about 8 shoulder to shoulder. Made of metal and plastic. Excellent condition. Must Buy. Serious inquiry only. will send pics
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------

Okay, pay you $80 while I can go on Amazon and order one for $65 no tax no shipping, or even less with a Prime account. Hell, Target and WalMart had them on clearance for $25 a few months ago. This one is probably open and doesn't have the box!

------------------------------------------------------------
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/tag/385745834.html
25 Games for Nintendo DS Lite $125 for all of them - $125

Date: 2007-07-30, 8:27PM PDT

I will be selling these 25 games for $125 total. First person comes up with the money will get this item.

These games were recently bought for my little cousin but he doesn't play Nintendo DS Lite games anymore; he upgraded consoles. Email me for a list of what games are included. It's $125 for all 25 games, you're paying $5 per game this is the complete gift for your little gamster you won't have to spend another dollar again on games. Some of these games are $50+ each. I don't know much about Nintendo DS Lite games; you can test it out for yourself. I bought it from Japan where these are made. All 25 games for $125 first person to meet with the money will get it. The games comes in only 1 cartridge it says "Nintendo Japan" on it. The only place I have seen this sold all in one cartridge like this is in Japan.

You can email or call me
(818) 921-3458
Thanks for viewing my ad
-----------------------------------------------------

WOW what a deal for bootlegs! And now Nintendo of Japan is making bootlegs?

Oh God, will someone please email this asshole and ask him what is his major malfunction?!?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/tag/386101939.html

XBOX 360 for Sale - $800

Date: 2007-07-31, 10:25AM PDT

Hi,

I am selling a XBOX 360 for sale that includes:

XBOX 360 Console with Memory and Hard Drive
2 Wireless controllers
2 Games (Madden 06, Harry Potter)
1 yr. Warranty

I am looking for the best offer by this weekend. Min. Selling price is $750.00 Location: San Gabriel Valley

-------------------------------------------------

Sorry, couldn't resist. Sent this winner the following:

Are you touched (i.e. mentally retarded) or high on crack???

Let me get this straight, you want MINIMUM $750 for a USED 'Xbox 360 with harddrive' (most likely the Premium version, which just had a price drop to $350 brand new), extra USED controller ($50 brand new), and 2 shitty games ($60 new each, but Madden games are worth less than used toilet paper)??? Are you fucking kidding me?!?

So for something I can basically buy BRAND fuckING NEW for $500 or so (and closer to $300 or even less used), you're asking $750-800?!?

Not to mention, old 360's are notoriously horrible in terms of failure rates...and your 1 year warranty doesn't mean anything since Microsoft extended it to 3 years on all systems.

So please, pray tell, how in the hell does your XBox 360 bundle warrant a $750 minimum asking price?!?

Yeah, I seah that bullshit post with the multi-cart in the OC craigslist. I tried e-mailing them in order to obtain some more details, but they haven't said anything. I don't know if the seller actually knows that what they're selling is a shoddy piece of shit.

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA what a scumbag bastard that guy is. "Yeah how about $30 for all three of those including the sealed Suikoden II...that's a REALLY good deal I'm giving you, let me tell you."

Check out this nonsense:

I have 3 BRAND NEW Wii Sports games for the Nintendo Wii, These games are BRAND NEW and NEVER Played. This game is not sold in stores and only comes with the Wii when you buy it brand new.
I'm asking $45 each.

Really? Wii Sports are selling used on eBay for $50-60 plus shipping? Damn, there must be some idiots out there if that is the case! I'm sure there's SOOOOO much demand for a game that COMES WITH EVERY fuckING CONSOLE THAT IT PLAYS ON!:roll:

How the hell do you even end up with 3 Wii Sports in the first place? This dumb sucker probably paid some guys $20 a piece for them, thinking he could resell them. Oops!

Optimus Prime 20th anniversary edition. Stands 14 inches and width is about 8 shoulder to shoulder. Made of metal and plastic. Excellent condition. Must Buy. Serious inquiry only. will send pics
[email protected]

Okay, pay you $80 while I can go on Amazon and order one for $65 no tax no shipping, or even less with a Prime account. Hell, Target and WalMart had them on clearance for $25 a few months ago. This one is probably open and doesn't have the box!

I will be selling these 25 games for $125 total. First person comes up with the money will get this item.

These games were recently bought for my little cousin but he doesn't play Nintendo DS Lite games anymore; he upgraded consoles. Email me for a list of what games are included. It's $125 for all 25 games, you're paying $5 per game this is the complete gift for your little gamster you won't have to spend another dollar again on games. Some of these games are $50+ each. I don't know much about Nintendo DS Lite games; you can test it out for yourself. I bought it from Japan where these are made. All 25 games for $125 first person to meet with the money will get it. The games comes in only 1 cartridge it says "Nintendo Japan" on it. The only place I have seen this sold all in one cartridge like this is in Japan.

You can email or call me
(818) 921-3458
Thanks for viewing my ad

WOW what a deal for bootlegs! And now Nintendo of Japan is making bootlegs?[/quote]

I always love to see pictures of orphaned recently-released disc-only games like Mario Strikers Charged (whatever it's called) or Mario Party 8 on CL selling for near-retail.

I think some people eat the cases and manuals; how else can it be missing so soon unless the items are stolen?

[quote name='karkyco']HAHAHA what a scumbag bastard that guy is. "Yeah how about $30 for all three of those including the sealed Suikoden II...that's a REALLY good deal I'm giving you, let me tell you."

Check out this nonsense:

I'm asking $45 each.

[email protected]

You can email or call me
(818) 921-3458
Thanks for viewing my ad

WOW what a deal for bootlegs! And now Nintendo of Japan is making bootlegs?[/quote]

actually in japan, nintendo had ( maybe still has) blank roms they would sell ....even for super famicom and you could get them "flashed" with whatever games you wanted over and over again at convenience stores.....it was pretty cool actually.....instead of renting games (BTW I have never seen a game rental shop in Japan,....only sales: used and new) you would buy this blank nintendo cartrige and get it flashed over and over again.....pretty cool.....don't know if they did/do this for the DS though.....

[quote name='Caliburn']I always love to see pictures of orphaned recently-released disc-only games like Mario Strikers Charged (whatever it's called) or Mario Party 8 on CL selling for near-retail.

I think some people eat the cases and manuals; how else can it be missing so soon unless the items are stolen?[/quote]

bingo..they are likely stolen by punk-asses....real thieves get case of the games of the trucks/out of the warehouses.....punkasses go into the stores ....slice open the plastic wrap and slide the disc out of the case so they dont have to worry about alarms.......have you ever been in a BB/CC/CUSA and found a game case that has no plastic or the plastic opened? ....I have even seen them actually left wide open on the shelves.....scumbag thieves.....hopefully they will OD or ge AIDS, right?:applause:

Actually Wii Sports DOES sell on ebay for 50-60. If I find someone with copies for 20.00 each, then call me a dumb sucker, but I'd buy every last one of them. That'd be some decent profit!

Why does it sell for so much? God only knows.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Game...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Wii-Sp...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Wii-...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Bran...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think its funny how people in this thread are trashing someone for low-balling offers on rare games when they'd snap up that Suikoden for $20 in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Actually Wii Sports DOES sell on ebay for 50-60. If I find someone with copies for 20.00 each, then call me a dumb sucker, but I'd buy every last one of them. That'd be some decent profit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Game-with-Case-and-Manual_W0QQitemZ220136001246QQihZ012QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Wii-Sports_W0QQitemZ140142879288QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Wii-in-white-DVD-case-with-cover-RARE_W0QQitemZ110154967133QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wii-Sports-Brand-New-Game-Not-Sold-in-Stores_W0QQitemZ110154880822QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/quote]

actually i sold mine on ebay for $70bucks i was like whoa when i saw the status of my auction, i was expecting $20 bucks tops.........

how to get alot of wii sports? Gamestop. they sell them for $9.99 used

i think the reason why it sells so much is because it was never release as a standalone.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Actually Wii Sports DOES sell on ebay for 50-60. If I find someone with copies for 20.00 each, then call me a dumb sucker, but I'd buy every last one of them. That'd be some decent profit!

[/quote]
I suppose if someone breaks their copy, or buys a used Wii without sports, there's no other way to get it.

EDIT: phear3d beat me to it. I wouldn't think to check Gamestop for a used game lol

Here's a good one.
http://rockford.craigslist.org/tag/386489091.html

Excellent condition nintendo with new pin connector you wont have to blow the games anymore fits good into the console. Includes two controllers, zapper gun and all the adapters..and games as follow Dr Mario, Mega Man6, Metroid, Skate or Die, jackal, super mario/duck hunt, super mario 2, super mario 3, mad tv's:spy vs. spy, double dragon/with book, contra, Legend of zelda(gold version), Legend of zelda 2 Nintendo is $280

Also wants $250 for an SNES+games.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/388071993.html

New XBOX 360 w/ 2 Controllers (1 Wireless) and Game - $400

Date: 2007-08-02, 6:55PM PDT

New, played once or twice XBOX 360 with 2 Controllers (1 Wireless) and Ultimate Marvel Game. Will accept $500 or best offer. Sorry, no deliveries, you must pick up.

Rule #1 Don't advertise a "New" console in your header, and subsequently change that to "played once or twice in the subject line".:drool:

Rule # 2 Don't advertise a lower price in your header than you actually plan to sell the item for.:bomb:

Rule # 3 Don't try and sell a console for a premium price the week before it experiences a price drop.:applause:

bread's done
Back