Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/3629892986.html
3Ka3M93I85N65Gd5Jed2j70ef5a28cdf21741.jpg

stupid forgot to remove the redbox sticker. think I should report him?

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']$500 for a Wii with 10 mostly shiyt games and some accessories

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/vgm/3672002571.html[/QUOTE]

everything that ever went wrong with the wii is in the ad. holy hell though the wii has a lot of add ons lol.

[quote name='MasaTFC']http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/vgm/3629892986.html
3Ka3M93I85N65Gd5Jed2j70ef5a28cdf21741.jpg

stupid forgot to remove the redbox sticker. think I should report him?[/QUOTE]

i was wondering what that was as ive gotten a couple of used best buy games with that sticker lol.

[quote name='Rozz']There's a chance he could have legitimately gotten it from Redbox (by letting his rental time convert to a purchase by not returning it).[/QUOTE]

really? thats new to me. does the time/cost of rental equate to the cost of the game new?

you would think they would have some way to send you a case if you were to do that. but they aren't gamefly i suppose.

[quote name='MasaTFC']really? thats new to me. does the time/cost of rental equate to the cost of the game new?[/quote]
Sometimes. They charge the daily rental fee (plus tax if applicable) until you have been charged $60. So, in many cases, it costs more than just buying a new game.

ps2 and classic ps1 games - $10 (grand prairie,tx)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/vgm/3680139589.html

I'm selling ALL my games; ps2, including the RARE and VERY RARE ps1 games that you will never find.

Ps2 List:

GTA 3 - $10.00

Sonic Mega Collection PLUS - $10.00

Tekken Tag Tournament - $5.00

Tekken 4 - $10.00

Kingdom Hearts II - $20.00

Ratchet&Clank: Going Commando - $6.00

Sly Cooper & The Thievious Raccoonus - $3.00

Capcom vs SNK 2 - $15.00

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - $5.00

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege - $6.00

Mortal Kombat: Deception - $5.00

PS1 list (RARE/VERY RARE)

Medal of Honor(RARE): $40.00

Crash Bandicoot 1(RARE): $90.00

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped(RARE): $36.00

Tekken 1(RARE): $55.00

Tekken 2(RARE): $50.00

Rayman 2: The Great Escape(RARE): $80.00

Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action: Greatest Hits(VERY RARE): $125.00

Cash Only

Sorry, Can't LOWER The Prices

Call or Text if you're interested:

469-583-xxxx

LOL on the MGS Greatest Hits.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Move the decimal point to the left by one and you'll have a better idea of how much those PS1 games are worth.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. The only way those prices are remotely realistic are if those games are sealed.

[quote name='spamfree2']ps2 and classic ps1 games - $10 (grand prairie,tx)

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/vgm/3680139589.html

I'm selling ALL my games; ps2, including the RARE and VERY RARE ps1 games that you will never find.

Ps2 List:

GTA 3 - $10.00

Sonic Mega Collection PLUS - $10.00

Tekken Tag Tournament - $5.00

Tekken 4 - $10.00

Kingdom Hearts II - $20.00

Ratchet&Clank: Going Commando - $6.00

Sly Cooper & The Thievious Raccoonus - $3.00

Capcom vs SNK 2 - $15.00

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - $5.00

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege - $6.00

Mortal Kombat: Deception - $5.00

PS1 list (RARE/VERY RARE)

Medal of Honor(RARE): $40.00

Crash Bandicoot 1(RARE): $90.00

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped(RARE): $36.00

Tekken 1(RARE): $55.00

Tekken 2(RARE): $50.00

Rayman 2: The Great Escape(RARE): $80.00

Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action: Greatest Hits(VERY RARE): $125.00

Cash Only

Sorry, Can't LOWER The Prices

Call or Text if you're interested:

469-583-xxxx

LOL on the MGS Greatest Hits.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you emailed this guy and completely lowballed him and his crazy prices..

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']Please tell me someone has already texted/called to troll that guy, where do people get these prices and ideas of what is "rare"?[/QUOTE]

I just did a quick comparison and most of those PS1 games match up almost perfectly to the Buy Box price of a new copy on Amazon (not even the lowest New price)... so there's your answer to the price question.

Here is a new annoying trend I am seeing on CL: people trying to get rare stuff for almost nothing by saying its for their "kid"...but the thing is its always for like a 5 year old and they are always looking for stuff like atari, NES, or he-man (and other 80s) toys. The ads always go something like "my 5 year old son saw some old he-man cartoons and now he wants all the toys! not willing to pay collector prices since its just for my son" or "my 5 year old really loves the original nintendo! he is looking for little samson and panic restaraunt" I even had some guy freak out on me because I was selling an original power rangers morpher for $200 (about their average price on ebay at the time) and he says "come on man, its just a toy, its not made of gold! its for my kid! he knows all the rangers!"

The thing I always saw before this was the "I am looking for these nintendo games I used to have as child" then they would list the 20 most valuable/rare games, so I guess this is the new scam they are running

[quote name='crows in black']Here is a new annoying trend I am seeing on CL: people trying to get rare stuff for almost nothing by saying its for their "kid"...but the thing is its always for like a 5 year old and they are always looking for stuff like atari, NES, or he-man (and other 80s) toys. The ads always go something like "my 5 year old son saw some old he-man cartoons and now he wants all the toys! not willing to pay collector prices since its just for my son" or "my 5 year old really loves the original nintendo! he is looking for little samson and panic restaraunt" I even had some guy freak out on me because I was selling an original power rangers morpher for $200 (about their average price on ebay at the time) and he says "come on man, its just a toy, its not made of gold! its for my kid! he knows all the rangers!"

The thing I always saw before this was the "I am looking for these nintendo games I used to have as child" then they would list the 20 most valuable/rare games, so I guess this is the new scam they are running[/QUOTE]

I've seen that and the mass spamming of paying top dollar for old generation stuff.

[quote name='crows in black']Here is a new annoying trend I am seeing on CL: people trying to get rare stuff for almost nothing by saying its for their "kid"...but the thing is its always for like a 5 year old and they are always looking for stuff like atari, NES, or he-man (and other 80s) toys. The ads always go something like "my 5 year old son saw some old he-man cartoons and now he wants all the toys! not willing to pay collector prices since its just for my son" or "my 5 year old really loves the original nintendo! he is looking for little samson and panic restaraunt" I even had some guy freak out on me because I was selling an original power rangers morpher for $200 (about their average price on ebay at the time) and he says "come on man, its just a toy, its not made of gold! its for my kid! he knows all the rangers!"

The thing I always saw before this was the "I am looking for these nintendo games I used to have as child" then they would list the 20 most valuable/rare games, so I guess this is the new scam they are running[/QUOTE]

I can't argue too much with people wanting it for their kids since there is a lot of stuff I want for my son or neice and when I see the prices for an old used toy I'm like "WTF!!??"

For example, my little brother always had a Fisher-Price rabbit puppet thingy as a kid. I wanted to buy one for his new born daughter and saw a decent shape one goes for around $150! But, as a collector I also know the rules of looking for stuff that are 3 decades old and discontinued. Luckily, I still have my old toy box from when I was a kid and showed my son all the He-man, TMNT, and Thundercats. The only thing he took home was a Game Gear :lol:

[quote name='Manifest95']I can't argue too much with people wanting it for their kids since there is a lot of stuff I want for my son or neice and when I see the prices for an old used toy I'm like "WTF!!??"

For example, my little brother always had a Fisher-Price rabbit puppet thingy as a kid. I wanted to buy one for his new born daughter and saw a decent shape one goes for around $150! But, as a collector I also know the rules of looking for stuff that are 3 decades old and discontinued. Luckily, I still have my old toy box from when I was a kid and showed my son all the He-man, TMNT, and Thundercats. The only thing he took home was a Game Gear :lol:[/QUOTE]

I still have mine from when I was a baby. I gave it to my daughter when she was born and she still sleeps with it and she's almost 8. It's pretty ratty looking now, but it's still holding up rather well.

I found a yellow one last year at a thrift store, in fluffy, near-mint condition that I still have. I kind of want to give it to our newest baby, but the fiance wants to hold onto it until the price goes back up and put it on ebay, especially because of the condition of it.

Wait is original power rangers stuff worth a lot even if opened and played with but in good condition? What about original Ghost Busters and Ninja Turtles stuff? I have a ton of stuff, esp power rangers. I have most of the boxes for them, not sure on the condition of the boxes since I haven't looked at them in over 10 years or so.

Most Ninja Turtle stuff doesn't seem to be worth much (unless you have something rare), but some old Ghostbusters stuff might be. I have no idea about Power Rangers.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Most Ninja Turtle stuff doesn't seem to be worth much (unless you have something rare), but some old Ghostbusters stuff might be. I have no idea about Power Rangers.[/QUOTE]

the real question is what is rare lol. most of those toys were all over the place is mass amounts.

ah well ive gone tons of that stuff.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Most Ninja Turtle stuff doesn't seem to be worth much (unless you have something rare), but some old Ghostbusters stuff might be. I have no idea about Power Rangers.[/QUOTE]

One of my flea market buddies told me last year, although I never looked in the truth of it, but alot of the old TMNT stuff got reproduced to identical details of the original figures and it's nearly impossible to tell if it's an original or reproduction. I'm thinking bullshit, but I honestly don't even care. I have a few of my old favorites still (Slash) and that's fine for me.

[quote name='sp00ge']One of my flea market buddies told me last year, although I never looked in the truth of it, but alot of the old TMNT stuff got reproduced to identical details of the original figures and it's nearly impossible to tell if it's an original or reproduction. I'm thinking bullshit, but I honestly don't even care. I have a few of my old favorites still (Slash) and that's fine for me.[/QUOTE]

I actually saw a lot of the reproductions at a KB Toys a couple years ago. They looked exactly like the toys I had as a kid. They even had the Turtle Wagon. I wanted to buy them all in a fit of nostalgia. I don't have any of my toys from when I was a kid.

[quote name='sp00ge']One of my flea market buddies told me last year, although I never looked in the truth of it, but alot of the old TMNT stuff got reproduced to identical details of the original figures and it's nearly impossible to tell if it's an original or reproduction. I'm thinking bullshit, but I honestly don't even care. I have a few of my old favorites still (Slash) and that's fine for me.[/QUOTE]
Probably very similar to which a lot of the G1 Transformers were reproduced.

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/71

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Wait is original power rangers stuff worth a lot even if opened and played with but in good condition?[/QUOTE]The actual figures are not worth too much, but the OG Zords and weapons are worth a pretty penny. An original complete Megazord (with Mammoth Shield, Power Sword, back exhausts/tank cannons, and Triceratops horns) can easily net $150-$200 on eBay.

A few companies have been doing stuff like this lately. I'm not sure if they're using the original molds or not, but they do basically look identical to the originals. They may have different production stamps on the bottoms of their feet, though. But I haven't seen one of these TMNT reproductions in a long time, so I can't verify either way. For what it's worth, I believe they only reproduced the basic version of the main characters, the party wagon, and maybe a playset.

[quote name='DNukem170']The actual figures are not worth too much, but the OG Zords and weapons are worth a pretty penny. An original complete Megazord (with Mammoth Shield, Power Sword, back exhausts/tank cannons, and Triceratops horns) can easily net $150-$200 on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I know I have all the zords at least past the first movie, if not beyond. I know I have Titanus, went crazy trying to find it as well. I also know I had the blaster, morpher, dragon dagger, and saba. I don't know how far into them I got, memory is a bit fuzzy after the movie series, but I know I had all of them up until a certain point.

I also have all the rangers themselves in 12" from the first series, beyond that not too sure. I have most if not all the boxes as well I think. All the stuff is in the attic, it's been there for at least 10-12 years untouched. So I don't recall exactly what's there and what condition it's in. All I know is I was huge into Power Rangers when I was younger.

OC has had a shit ton of overpriced crap lately, way way more then usual. People selling a n64 and 1 game for 150 and gamecubes with 2-3 games for 100+. Its getting mental.

You guys are talking about power rangers so I will say the prices ppl sell nerf guns at is bullshit. "Oh this gun that I just bought for 24 I'll lie and say it cost me 40, no one has the fucking internet or anything they cant check target.com"

bread's done
Back