You Down with OTT (Yeah you know me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck. I wanted to make the next one... oh, well!

I really love Memento. Guy Pearce is phenomenal in that film. Plus the special edition DVD is one of the coolest packages of all time.

The movie is great, but I pretty sure he was talking about the phrase, flowery.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']The movie is great, but I pretty sure he was talking about the phrase, flowery.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nice. I just assumed since Jonathon Nolan's short story was called Memento Mori and the Polaroids were such a prevalent theme in Memento.

In any case it's an interesting idea.

I have been thinking for a long while of getting a collage tattoo of music artwork, specifically Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here's mechanical shaking hands and four elements:
s1790_450.jpeg

[quote name='thekeybladewars']The movie is great, but I pretty sure he was talking about the phrase, flowery.[/QUOTE]
The basis is the phrase, yeah, but I did get the Polaroid idea from the film, since it's one of my favorites and, like flowery said, the original story was titled Memento Mori.

I'm going to have the "memento" photo have something representing life, some kind of tree or flower or something, and the "mori" photo have something represented violence or death, like a gun possibly. The two photos will be physically separate, but conceptually one image, interacting with each other, like the gun shooting the flower. My artist is going to flesh that part out over the next week.

It almost makes me wonder if JJ is dead yet. What the fuck else was he supposed to do without CAG aside from killing himself?

[quote name='Eviltude']I was going to make "are you kidding me ott?", but I missed it. Everyone would've just shit on it anyways. :([/QUOTE]

I'll take the heat for this one.

[quote name='munch']Jesus Christ. It's time for another OTT survivor.[/QUOTE]

Glad to get your approval. You know the OTT is on the up and up when my title is the worse thing going for it.;)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']There only one clear option.

And it's not book.[/QUOTE]

Piss me off and get me banned.;)

But seriously, I had to make an OTT. You can't always have greatness, you have to have something to make the greatness look even greater. Suffice to say, my topics make most other OTT topics look golden, and I'm alright with that.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Piss me off and get me banned.;)

But seriously, I had to make an OTT. You can't always have greatness, you have to have something to make the greatness look even greater. Suffice to say, my topics make most other OTT topics look golden, and I'm alright with that.[/QUOTE]

No you dont

[quote name='TheRock88']No you dont[/QUOTE]

I'll retract that. Someone has to lower the expectations of the OTT and without JJ, I took a stab. But I did promise it was my last. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who said that you had to make the OTT, craven?[/QUOTE]

No one. But it is my last, so no worries.

[quote name='flowery']I think Ugamer was insinuating Linkin.[/QUOTE]

In that case, someone should revive the IMC OTTs.....

Memento is my all-time favorite movie.

Favorite scene:
The reveal when Leonard goes "You're a John G.... so you can be my John G." So cold-blooded.

[quote name='flowery']Oh, nice. I just assumed since Jonathon Nolan's short story was called Memento Mori and the Polaroids were such a prevalent theme in Memento.

In any case it's an interesting idea.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rocko']The basis is the phrase, yeah, but I did get the Polaroid idea from the film, since it's one of my favorites and, like flowery said, the original story was titled Memento Mori.

I'm going to have the "memento" photo have something representing life, some kind of tree or flower or something, and the "mori" photo have something represented violence or death, like a gun possibly. The two photos will be physically separate, but conceptually one image, interacting with each other, like the gun shooting the flower. My artist is going to flesh that part out over the next week.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Forgive my ignorance.

That sounds like a pretty meaningful piece of work. Hope it turns out just how you want it.

[quote name='lordwow']Memento is my all-time favorite movie.

Favorite scene:
The reveal when Leonard goes "You're a John G.... so you can be my John G." So cold-blooded.
[/QUOTE]

I really need to watch this again. It's been some time since I last saw it.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']Oh! Forgive my ignorance.

That sounds like a pretty meaningful piece of work. Hope it turns out just how you want it.[/QUOTE]
I'm actually rather glad you made the connection to the phrase and not just the film. :)

Thanks, so do I!

[quote name='Maklershed']Howdy Gwen :wave:

Do you have your pre-order in for MST3k Vol 18? We're just about a month away.[/QUOTE]
Hi Mak. Your new avatar kinda jarred me. Who is that, Hunter?

No, didnt even realize a new set was coming out. Was totally disappointed that cinematic titanic wont be doing a live show here this summer. They'll be at um... dragoncon? for signing stuff and all. But I was really wanting them to come back for a show. Ah well.

[quote name='Rocko']I don't think you're bad at all, craven_fiend!

Your OTTs could use some work, though.[/QUOTE]

I know I am alright. I just like to push munch's buttons, from time to time (not in a moronic, idiotic, JJ type way, just fun). I know he and Ugamer give me the most grief with my titles.

It would honestly take me too much time to think of a great, thought provoking OTT. I think it's best I left it to the pros and such.

On that note, should I buy Blur for $40 at KMart?

One of my favorite scenes in Memento is when
Leonard emerges out of one of his blackouts running and he can't seem to figure out if he's running from or after some dude until the dude shoots at him.

"Okay, so what am I doing? Oh, I'm chasing this guy."

*Gunshot*

"No... he's chasing me."

*Runs in the opposite direction* :lol:

God Damn...

I'm gonna be able to watch ALL World Cup matches on my EVO 4G for free.

I'm not a huge soccer guy, but I can't wait to have World Cup matches wherever I go.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Piss me off and get me banned.;)

But seriously, I had to make an OTT. You can't always have greatness, you have to have something to make the greatness look even greater. Suffice to say, my topics make most other OTT topics look golden, and I'm alright with that.[/QUOTE]
Pssh, I wouldn't play you like that craven.

Even though you were a dirty janitor.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']One of my favorite scenes in Memento is when
Leonard emerges out of one of his blackouts running and he can't seem to figure out if he's running from or after some dude until the dude shoots at him.

*Gunshot*

"No... he's chasing me."

*Runs in the opposite direction*
[/QUOTE]

That's a great one. As well as
"I don't... feel drunk."

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Pssh, I wouldn't play you like that craven.

Even though you were a dirty janitor.[/QUOTE]

Never was a janitor back then.

Now I truly am a dirty janitor, for the time being. Glad my wife has her degree and is making decent money while I go back to school for mine. Here's hoping this go around actually nets me a degree, instead of games that I shouldn't be buying. My stupidity during my youth led me to where I am now, oh well. It's not like I killed someone. It's not like I drove a hateful spear into his side

[quote name='manthing']God Damn...

I'm gonna be able to watch ALL World Cup matches on my EVO 4G for free.

I'm not a huge soccer guy, but I can't wait to have World Cup matches wherever I go.[/QUOTE]

That's unfair.

[quote name='thekeybladewars']One of my favorite scenes in Memento is when

*Gunshot*

"No... he's chasing me."

*Runs in the opposite direction*
[/QUOTE]
Love that scene and movie. My brother showed my dad The Prestige a few weeks ago and he really liked it. So I promptly dusted off my copy of Memento and made him watch it.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Never was a janitor back then. Now I truly am a dirty janitor, for the time being. Glad my wife has her degree and is making decent money while I go back to school for mine. Here's hoping this go around actually nets me a degree, instead of games that I shouldn't be buying. My stupidity during my youth led me to where I am now, oh well. It's not like I killed someone and drove a spiral spear into his side.[/QUOTE]
Your janitorial history confuses me more than Lost.

[quote name='lordwow']That's a great one. As well as
"I don't... feel drunk."
[/QUOTE]

I see your
"I don't... feel drunk."
and I raise you a
"Is that what your little note says? It must be hard living your life off a couple of scraps of paper. You mix your laundry list with your grocery list, and you'll end up eating your underwear for breakfast."

I have thought about watching Memento in the reverse/correct order but I just love they way it builds up to the end; it's one of the greatest feelings I ever experienced watching it for the first time.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Your janitorial history confuses me more than Lost.[/QUOTE]

I did apply, or atleast entertain (I honestly forget), at a school to be a janitor. That was during my first layoff from my employer, which I am currently on layoff from again. I may have taken the job back then if offered, but glad I wasn't.

Flash forward 1 marriage, 2 kids, and a layoff later, and I'm the janitor at my local theater, for the time being. I've only been a janitor for like 2 weeks and it sucks. But that's the price I pay for misguided youth and being too damn lazy for my own good. Just glad I've got my own place and not stuck living with one of my parents. And no, that's not a stab at anyone, my parents are fucking crazy.

This makes me think about my feelings towards homelessness. I have always had this romantic draw towards the vagrant or mountain man lifestyle. I truly find it fascinating and alluring living with little to no worldly possessions. The idea of living just off the land or what you can provide yourself without charity or influence from others. Living off the grid and no ties to people, places, or objects.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']That's unfair.
[/QUOTE]

It's not just the EVO, any Sprint phone with Sprint TV and an Everything Data plan gets all the matches.

I just skimmed the PR.

EDIT:

Are you on SERO Ugamer?

[quote name='manthing']It's not just the EVO, any Sprint phone with Sprint TV gets all the matches.

I just skimmed the PR[/QUOTE]
Haha, cool, gonna watch some on my 1" screen Samsung a920.

[quote name='flowery']This makes me think about my feelings towards homelessness. I have always had this romantic draw towards the vagrant or mountain man lifestyle. I truly find it fascinating and alluring living with little to no worldly possessions. The idea of living just off the land or what you can provide yourself without charity or influence from others. Living off the grid and no ties to people, places, or objects.[/QUOTE]

First you have to build up an arms stock similar to temp's.

[quote name='lordwow']Memento is my all-time favorite movie.

Favorite scene:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my favorite scene of the movie as well. One of the best scenes in any movie out there.

I remember watching Memento for the first time in my Philosophy class and it blew my mind. I went out the following weekend and special edition DVD in that rad ass packaging that it comes out. Good stuff.

Ahhh, I just IMDB'd it, and the movie is chock-full of memorable quotes. Sadly, I don't own it. I've been meaning to buy that and Jackie Brown for the longest time.

[quote name='flowery']I have thought about watching Memento in the reverse/correct order but I just love they way it builds up to the end; it's one of the greatest feelings I ever experienced watching it for the first time.[/QUOTE]
It's not as good, at all, when watched chronologically, IMO.

[quote name='flowery']This makes me think about my feelings towards homelessness. I have always had this romantic draw towards the vagrant or mountain man lifestyle. I truly find it fascinating and alluring living with little to no worldly possessions. The idea of living just off the land or what you can provide yourself without charity or influence from others. Living off the grid and no ties to people, places, or objects.[/QUOTE]

Reading that just gave me a shallow imprint of depression. :0[
Why, flowery, why?

Doesn't look like I have enough funding to go to Vegas two times. Looks like I'll have to skip out on EVO this year since my friend is going to have his bachelor party in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back